is the most spectacular and informative publication ever assembled on the history and workings of the instrument. Key Features:
- A fully updated and enhanced "Made for iBooks" edition of the much acclaimed hardback edition
- A history, exploration and explanation of the most amazing musical instrument ever produced.
- Over 200 stunning photographs of pianos, past and present
- Various audio clips, present and historic
- Video clips of instruments in action
- Animated diagrams showing how the various elements of the piano work
- An archive of all the main piano manufacturing companies throughout history
- Detailed and authoritative text throughout.
- An extensive illustrated glossary.
Specially commissioned photographs illustrate the outer beauty and inner complexity of the modern piano, while other technologies examined include: reproducing and mechanical pianos; electric and electronic pianos; and more recent developments such as the digital and virtual piano.
This work was originally produced as a hardback book, and received "5-star" reviews when released. It has now been completely revised and transformed into a multi-touch iBook. With the introduction of animation, audio and video, this delivers to the reader a fascinating and compelling immersive experience. CLICK HERE TO REVEAL MORE AT THE iBOOK STORE Reviews of the original hardback edition:
“... a great contribution to piano lore. I am telling everyone to rush out and buy it.”Henry Z. Steinway
Just as the finest piano is appreciated by opening the fallboard, so too can you fill countless hours with enjoyment by opening the cover of this splendid book. Robert Cloutier, Piano and Keyboard
'Piano' is so complete in its coverage that it comprehensively supercedes all other titles covering the same ground.William Lawes, PianoforteCLICK HERE TO REVEAL MORE AT THE iBOOK STORE