Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.7 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
What's Hot!!
Mr. PianoWorld - the full interview
-------------------
European Tour for Piano Lovers
JOIN US FOR THE TOUR!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2018
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

Who's Online Now
110 registered members (bennevis, Alexander Borro, anotherscott, 8ude, ando, Beemer, Bill McKaig,RPT, anamnesis, Adypiano, 27 invisible), 1,255 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Zenph RePerform #2410699
04/15/15 05:25 PM
04/15/15 05:25 PM
Australia
C
carlspost Offline OP
carlspost  Offline OP
C
Australia
Would anyone have (or know where to get) a copy of the RePerform software for editing Disklavier midi files. It is no longer available form the developers website and I cant find a copy anywhere else on the web. From the demo videos I have seen it look like just what I am after... :-)

Re: Zenph RePerform [Re: carlspost] #2538933
05/12/16 12:04 AM
05/12/16 12:04 AM
Blue Mountains NSW AUSTRALIA
M
MrWups Offline
MrWups  Offline
M
Blue Mountains NSW AUSTRALIA
Carl(?), I have just discovered this forum and find that I could have helped with most of your submissions, particularly with this latest request for Zenph RePerform.

Zenph was bought out by http://www.timewarptech.com/ but they now only handle 'Home Concert Xtreme', 'Internet Midi' & 'Classroom Maestro'. Another firm called www.keystoimagination.com was handling their products in the transition and may know it RePerform is still available.

I have the demo app of RePerform and the user guide, but I did not buy it as I found I can do everything I wanted to with my midis using a very similar free Shareware app called MidiSwing 0.3.6b.app which I have had working faultlessly, day & night, on my Mac for about 3 years. It has the same piano-roll format and is simple but well equipped and intuitive to operate.
Unfortunately I was informed by a friend that the PC version of MidiSwing created problems on his system when he tried to install it some years ago.

I have also worked out how to get highest quality playback thru Pianodisc and Disklavier grand pianos direct from raw midis – and it is far superior to putting audio files thru the CD input which uses converted midis playing like a fax tone from much larger audio tracks. E.g. BACH Chaconne in the Busoni piano transcription occupies 70KB on midi but takes 32.2MB converted to an audio file. I understand that the audio protocol still used to make the CD signal goes back to the 70s when slow moving cassettes drove solenoid pianos and that the conversion process actually makes use of only 1/17th of the available data in the midi file! To play from raw midi is to play your piano digitally direct and extremely efficiently. To play from the CD or CD input by converting the midi to an audio signal is highly inefficient and vastly inferior in quality of output.

Ironic and surprising as it sounds, the old floppy discs are far superior in their quality of output compared to the CDs which replaced them, but I guess that Pianodisc & Disklavier still persist with CD as they can put real instrument accompaniments and voice on them. Raw midi can be also extracted from floppies.

Very few owners of Pianodisc or Disklavier realise the full potential of these remarkable instruments as they do not understand the technology which drives them.

I have sent you additional info so you might contact me.

Re: Zenph RePerform [Re: MrWups] #2658583
07/03/17 12:26 PM
07/03/17 12:26 PM
E
elsabcz Offline
elsabcz  Offline
E
Dear MrWups,
I hope that you will receive this message. I'm currently preparing a recording session on a Disklavier Enspire with two composers. The idea is to record separately the different parts of a complicated piano piece, and then to assemble them by editing the file in XP format (high-resolution Midi, that takes into account the velocity) with a software, and then to have the edited file replayed by the Disklavier in order to make the final recording. But I can't find any software that seems to support Yamaha's proprietary XP format. Do you have any idea of what we could use to edit a file like that? Zenph RePerform seemed to be the only software able to do this.
Thanks in advance for your help,
Elsa

New In Our Store!
New In Our Store!
key racks with hand sanitizer
Attn: Piano Teachers, Music Teachers, Studios!

A rack made from actual piano keys, with individual hand sanitizer for each student!
Tons more music related products in our online store!
(ad)
Jazz Piano Lessons
Jazz Piano Lessons
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Here's the best story I've seen in a while
by Pianolance. 09/18/18 01:02 AM
Kawai CA78: touchscreen and other noises
by oscar9192. 09/17/18 07:58 PM
How do you mark your sheet music?
by schinl. 09/17/18 07:32 PM
Publishers of Alkan
by RmntcPianoLvr. 09/17/18 07:07 PM
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Steingraeber
Forum Statistics
Forums40
Topics187,365
Posts2,746,399
Members91,018
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2018 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission