2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
77 members (Anna Helena, Baltguy, Alex Hutor, Animisha, AlphaTerminus, anotherscott, ambrozy, accordeur, 14 invisible), 1,554 guests, and 782 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
OP Offline
D
Well there I was ready to buy a Kawai ca 15 b stock from thoman when i decided to look if there will me a newer model coming out. And then i stumbled appon this: http://www.krompholz.ch/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Kawai-CAx7_deutsch.pdf .And nowi just have to wait for it to come out because on paper and under 2000 this digital piano will be the one. A serious digital piano that will feel and sound more like an acoustic without breaking the bank.

Does anyone have any knowledge about a release date?

Im also considering the vpc1 but I'm a bit afraid to go down the road of vst instruments and metallic stands and studio monitors in front of me. . .

Thanks very much smile

Last edited by dominic70s; 04/04/15 07:58 PM.
S
S
Thanks for very interesting document.

I found CA17 also in this site http://www.stofflermusik.ch/product/kawai-ca17r/ so it is definitely coming (list price 2290 Swiss Francs = 2213 Euro)... Most probably will be launched at Musikmesse Frankfurt in 10 days.

Cheers

Kawai CA97

Ex Casio CDP 120
[Linked Image]
B
B
Very interesting. A nice and not too harsh step up from the cn25, finally up to date, and more compelling to me than the cn35, would partially miss just usb.

James, do you have a date, some more details?

Kawai Ca63 - yamaha motif07 - Korg01fd
A
A
the pdf says

ab Ende Mai,

it seems to have the same motor as the 67/97 but lesser
speakers and no usb.

I am looking for a piano for headphone use, it might be an interesting
choice.

More Geese than Swans now live, more Fools than Wise.
K
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
K
It's just cn25 with different action and sound module

L
L
Its has midi in/out which is equivalent correct?

It is a bit disappointing that has the same action of the CA15

B
B
Originally Posted by dominic70s
Well there I was ready to buy a Kawai ca 15 b stock from thoman when i decided to look if there will me a newer model coming out. And then i stumbled appon this: http://www.krompholz.ch/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Kawai-CAx7_deutsch.pdf .And nowi just have to wait for it to come out because on paper and under 2000 this digital piano will be the one. A serious digital piano that will feel and sound more like an acoustic without breaking the bank.

Does anyone have any knowledge about a release date?

Im also considering the vpc1 but I'm a bit afraid to go down the road of vst instruments and metallic stands and studio monitors in front of me. . .

Thanks very much smile

Well, if the updates are similar to those on the cn25 vs. Cn24, one might even settle for a discounted ca15.

A
A
I just ordered my CA67 10 days ago, I was hoping for CA17, to save on the money, but looking at the price now, I think I got a better deal for 200 chf extra

http://shop.musix.ch/en/Kawai-CA-67-Rosewood.html

D
OP Offline
D
Dear Allochi Look closer the pdf sais *unter 2000 euros*, so probably it will finally be around 1800 euros. . .

Originally Posted by Allochi
I just ordered my CA67 10 days ago, I was hoping for CA17, to save on the money, but looking at the price now, I think I got a better deal for 200 chf extra

http://shop.musix.ch/en/Kawai-CA-67-Rosewood.html

A
A
Dear dominic70s, I didn't see the price in the pdf, I just saw the one in sempianist link, which was around 2200 chf. anyway, if it's going to be eventually at 1800 chf it's a good deal. I still think CA67 is a better deal smile

H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
From end of May... interesting how and to which Yamaha and Roland models Kawai compares the CA 17.

I am very happy that this was not available in January. I would have had a very hard time to decide if to take this or the CN-35. Probably this, heh.

Kawai CN35. Daughter wanted a piano, so we got one. Now who'll learn faster? ;-)
P
P
The CA67 has dropped by 2-300 GBP on most online shops within the last week. CA67 looks much better value IMO.

B
B
Originally Posted by Allochi
Dear dominic70s, I didn't see the price in the pdf, I just saw the one in sempianist link, which was around 2200 chf. anyway, if it's going to be eventually at 1800 chf it's a good deal. I still think CA67 is a better deal smile

Hi, ca15 is now 1650 eur. vs. 2300 eur. for ca67. Assuming the price for the new ca17 could even lower a bit over the predecessor, as it happened to the new cn25 over cn24, to me it seems a difference too big to talk of a "better deal".

I could share this definition if thinking at the ca17 over the cn25 ( same stuff but with a better action, at a fairish overprice ) or over the cn35 ( less features but better action for same price ) .

Ca67 is simply much better and much more expensive than all these alternatives. IMO, that is.

Last edited by Bellicapelli; 04/06/15 06:47 AM.

D
OP Offline
D
The ca 17 will be for the peple that want wooden action, good piano sound an a good enough sound system to actually be able to hear the good piano sound onboard. . .The solution for someone that needs a yamaha B1 acoustic but at approximately half the price. . .That someone maybe is me smile

B
B
The ca 17 will be for the peple that want wooden action, good piano sound an a good enough sound system to actually be able to hear the good piano sound onboard. . .The solution for someone that needs a yamaha B1 acoustic but at approximately half the price. . .That someone maybe is me smile

Might be me as well, if i don't go grand. smile

P.s. looks like the cs4 is the next in line to get an update.

Last edited by Bellicapelli; 04/06/15 01:16 PM.

U
U

I can't say I agree with this. The person in need of an acoustic will rarely be satisfied with a digital, even one with an action as good as Kawai's GF2. I myself am torn between buying a used CA13 or going down the AP road because of this. The DP offers tools I could really use (not to mention the ability to practice whenever I want), but the connection to the sound is just not there for me.

Sorry, don't mean to turn this into an AP vs DP thread.

A
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by upbeat

I can't say I agree with this. The person in need of an acoustic will rarely be satisfied with a digital, even one with an action as good as Kawai's GF2. I myself am torn between buying a used CA13 or going down the AP road because of this. The DP offers tools I could really use (not to mention the ability to practice whenever I want), but the connection to the sound is just not there for me.

Sorry, don't mean to turn this into an AP vs DP thread.

What sort of pianos do they use on Melmac?

B
B
I see some interesting news. On the pdf linked thru krompholz.ch i can see that the sampling technology apparently was bumped up a notch, from cn25 - quality ( "phi" ) to ca67 - quality ( "hi-xl" ). So the ca17 doesn't look like a cn25 with better action anymore, but rather like a spec'd down ca67.

Is this improvement confirmed, and is it free to the customer, or does it imply a different product placement / price increase over the ca15? ( James... )

Last edited by Bellicapelli; 04/07/15 10:44 AM.

D
OP Offline
D
This was the answer from kawai uk after my request for details:

Dear Pambos,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately I do not have an official release date for the CA17 as of yet, however Europe’s largest music trade show  ‘MusikMesse’ is only a few weeks away,

It is quite likely that more information will be available at this time.

I suggest you keep an eye on our website and social media accounts for further information and updates.

Hopefully there will be more information available soon.

Thank you.

D
OP Offline
D
It will also include more than one grand piano, taken from the new sampled pianos available on the higher models. .

Originally Posted by Bellicapelli
I see some interesting news. On the pdf linked thru krompholz.ch i can see that the sampling technology apparently was bumped up a notch, from cn25 - quality ( "phi" ) to ca67 - quality ( "hi-xl" ). So the ca17 doesn't look like a cn25 with better action anymore, but rather like a spec'd down ca67.

Is this improvement confirmed, and is it free to the customer, or does it imply a different product placement / price increase over the ca15? ( James... )

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Pianos - Organs - & Keyboards, Oh My!
Our Fall 2021 Free Newsletter is Out , see it here!
---------------------
Selling my Hammond & Leslie!
---------------------
My first professionally recorded piece
---------------------
Visit Maine, Meet Mr. Piano World
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Forescore questions
by Animisha - 10/25/21 12:56 PM
First in person teacher recitals in 18 months?
by Rich Galassini - 10/25/21 09:29 AM
Best Way to Clean Ivory Tops?
by Lirika - 10/25/21 08:23 AM
Yamaha NP-12 Auto Accompaniment Options?
by Fonics - 10/25/21 04:24 AM
Zebrakovsky? Lebrakovsky?
by edferris - 10/24/21 11:10 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics209,734
Posts3,141,906
Members103,109
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission