2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
60 members (brennbaer, bobrunyan, 1200s, 36251, benkeys, 20/20 Vision, anotherscott, bcalvanese, 8 invisible), 1,797 guests, and 315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
cfit Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I've been leaning towards purchasing an MP7 for a while now. Kawai's website doesn't show a dealer in San Diego, so I'm looking to purchase online. Normally I buy from Sweetwater (listed as a authorized Kawai dealer), but since they have been out of stock for over a month I'm considering other options. Amazon lists InstrumentPro (Prime, fulfilled by Amazon) and Woodwind and Brass. They also seem to be in stock at ZZounds and a few other places. All are listed at the same price.

It's easy enough to order online, but looking at ratings for potential vendors on resellerratings makes me wary. Of course that site naturally attracts input from less happy customers.

Any suggestions as to where to go with this?
Thanks.

S
S
cfit,

Check out Musician's Friend. They have it in stock and you can probably get a 15% discount if you call and ask for it. Sometimes you need a coupon, which they often have during holiday weekends and other times. You might need to call to get the discount, though, as the online coupon codes sometimes have exclusions that they can bypass at the call center. I have ordered many things from MF and they have a great return policy. I would say the risk is minimal if that is your primary concern, although you probably would pay for return shipping if you don;t like it and send it back. By the way, Woodwind & Brass might be owned by Guitar Center. I know Musician's Friend is.

Another thought - your Guitar Center can always order it for you as they never stock it in their stores. Their web site shows it being in stock. The possible benefit of this is that you might be able to return it to the store if you don't like it (best to check with them, though). They will price match Musician's Friend....same company...

Good luck!

P
pwl Offline
Silver Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
P
I've enjoyed doing business with zZounds. Several significant purchases, one of which I returned because it didn't perform as hoped for (not zZounds' fault, of course).

Another benefit from my perspective is no sales tax at zZounds (MF charges sales tax for my location).

Bronze Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Bronze Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
I highly recommend checking out azpianonews.com. Their reviews are straightforward and unbiased and, if you're ready to buy, definitely give Tim Praskins a call (or email) for the kind of price that's too good to be advertised. He and his son run the business and are authorized as a Kawai dealer.

I have no affiliation with them. In fact it turns out I didn't buy my MP7 there either (found a floor model in a unique situation elsewhere). But otherwise I definitely would have given him my business both for the service, knowledge and price.

C
cfit Offline OP
OP Offline
C
thanks for the helpful suggestions!

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,194
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission