2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
56 members (Carey, brdwyguy, David Boyce, beeboss, Chris B, Cheeeeee, Dalem01, 10 invisible), 1,873 guests, and 294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
W
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
W
Thank you listening FarmGirl. Felt like I was in a rocking chair with a little one for sure.

Now I want to sit back and enjoy all the other performers.

Last edited by WiseBuff; 03/15/15 02:16 PM.

[[Linked Image].
Wise as in learner
Buff as in Colorado Buffalo
M
M
Something went wrong w/ the zip file process. Zip 5 contains #29, #30, then #47. So 31-46 are missing from the zips.

I decided to try downloading everything via the zip files this time and noticed this.

August Förster 190
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
1 Pianoamateur

Amazing what you just did. 5 minutes is as far as I go . . This music is going everyehere with lots o` different things going on. Well done! Great start.

2 Valencia

A very intimate piece, expressively played. Feels like my heads in that piano . .

3 PatH

Really really choppy, agitated, or should I say "Schnell-ish"? The guy was in a hurry when he wrote this . . .Great stuff, man!

4 Valencia

Just fell into that piano . .What a sound! It didn`t soulnd slow to me. It sounded right.

5 zrt90

So many ways to play these; Schumann`s nothing if not dramatic. This is all good stuff so far and thus a tad worrying for me, a relatively old hand! Congratulations on a fine work here.

6 zrt90

Both these pieces sing with an expertise worth being jealous over . . .great sound fro your ole Joanna.

7 zrt90

You have a wonderfully sympathetic style of playing. For a fella . . grin

8 Timmyab

Excellent sounding music on that Yammie of yours with plenty of light and shade, Blimey, nobody`s put a foot wrong yet . . .

9 Greener

Sch doesn`t have trouble sounding like Ch; there`s so much room for slipping up on these arpeggios. You did darned well here, just sounded really really nice. I recognized two distinct Chopin songs in there . . .

10 zrt90

Off to a very quick start! Very lyrical music here; wish I`d done it! Still can, come to think of it . . .great work and a lovely bell like effect from your piano.

11 Carey

Now then. What d`ya have for fingers? This sounds mentally difficult and fast. I`ve got to enjoy Sch. as one of the very best, and you do it justice.

12 Diretonic

This sounds very natural, great combination between digital tech, and acoustic result.I can only echo your own words "What a lovely Piece!" and that, my friend, is down to you.

I`m blown away . . . . ..this stuff sounds pro. Mine bloody doesn`t! shocked

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
ERROR

Last edited by piano_primo_1; 03/15/15 04:02 PM. Reason: ICON IMAGE PREVIOUSLY MADE

M
OP Offline
M
I had posted this on the other Schumann thread, but here's the link Greener made for the Schumann icon that is the right size:

http://www.pianoworld.com/Uploads/files/RS-xsml.jpg

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
M
OP Offline
M
Sorry about the zip files. I'm unable to edit the OP, but you can access them via the other links provided.

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
01. Pianamateur - Papillons, op. 2 Somehow I haven't heard this before. I hope you don't mind I went right for your soundcloud version. I think you are too worried about the elements that were not in your control when making this recording. When heard fully it's quite enjoyable and sounds much more alive and fresh. I was quite surprised at how familiar some of the themes are. I'm pretty sure Schumann used a few of these in later works. Nicely played!

02. Valencia - Davidsbuendlertaenze Op. 6 No. 4 - Ungeduldig (Con impazienza)
04. Valencia - Davidsbuendlertaenze Op. 6 No. 10 - Balladenmassig sehr rasch
The Op. 6 is one of my absolute favorites. I didn't know that it was considered one of Schumann's greatest but it has been that way to me. I'm glad you decided to include this recording despite your reservations. I enjoyed listening.

03. patH (Patrick Hollstein) - Davidsbuendlertaenze op.6, Nr.8 "Frisch"
Loved it! I'm so glad you played the repeat, so sad it had to end.

05. Richard (zrtf90) - Davidsbuendlertaenze op.6, Nr.15 "Frisch"
06. Richard (zrtf90) - Davidsbuendlertaenze, Op. 6 No. 16, Mit gutem Humor
07. Richard (zrtf90) - Davidsbuendlertaenze Op. 6 No. 17 Wie Aus der Ferne
It was good of you to put these three together. I love how they connect and I'm not surprised that they are a huge challenge to pull off. Definitely the kind of music that needs a lot of time to settle in your fingers. Seems like you have established a pretty good foundation so far. Thanks for sharing.

84 Outo

A ponderous piece with super chords in there. Loved it and think you did a darned good job. Your piano sounded fine.

83 Stumbler

Well! This fair rattled along . . no time to think about what you`re doing here. Some of this stuff is mentally fast. I reckon it needs a bit of slowing down no matter what the music might say. Good job though. Glad I never got it . . . grin

82 SwissMS

Lots of expression and fluidity called for here, I reckon. You`re nearly there on this one. Best wishes for your exam!

81 Gingko2

Sch certainly like to attack the piano. I do too. You convey this very well, the music is good, but there is distortion at my end!

80 Morodienne

We get to hear all sorts of pianos/keyboards on these recitals, that`s got to be good. Yours sounded great btw; the music is very fine and your dad would be so proud . . .Indeed, the Pride of Erin . . .

79 Pathbreaker

I enjoyed this complex piece; it moves in a strange way towards the middle with that hyperactive bass. Sounds like something steady has a storm whirling around it . . .grief, I`m being philos . . .clever tonight . .

78 DireTonic

Garriton CFX is the way to go! Gonna find out the cost . . .super acoustics from this, great sound all round, excellent to listen to. Talking about the music now . . .

77Peyton

Played with much feeling, sounds like you got into this one deeply. Like a solemn hymn, reflective, lovely playing.

76 Dire Tonic

Could be worse you say! We`re all thinking "I wish . . ." Lovely.

75 Noobpianist

A delightful piece which conveys that which you suggest. The hymn sound mixes well and gives this a rare (for Sch) feelgood quality. Lyrical and light. Great job!

74 Pavel K

Soothing and articulate. You did right getting this out the best way you could . . . time is always a problem when it comes to recording. This is well worth a listen, lovely work.

73 Peyton

So powerful and played with the necessary aplomb. Wonderful.

72 Carey

Another hymn like from Sch. Love these. You give this its quality and essential drive.

Bye for now. Enjoyed all this so much. Special thanks to Morodienne

"[Linked Image]"

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

Congratulations to everyone who contributed to this major undertaking! I've just started listening and it's going to take some time to get through all 84 pieces. I'm very impressed with what I've heard so far. However, I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to write comments on each one of them. I will listen to each piece, however. What an accomplishment!!!

Carl

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Morodiene and Sam S Thank you for doing this enormous recital thumb

Settled in with buckets of cheese and crackers, and gallons of hot tea, for a very long Sunday of nothing but great performances (and a wee bit of piano-practice during the intermissions) smile In fact, it’s now officially Monday here.

Well, that was quite an earful of Schumann! I was not very familiar with this composer, so it was great to get such a broad presentation of his works. In general his pieces sound pretty darn difficult, and while a lot of it isn’t my cup of tea, I am fast becoming a fan of some of them, so must work hard now to be able to play a few of these lovely pieces some day.

I’m so impressed with those of you submitting two, or even more, pieces. That must have been quite a Herculean task!

I am obviously not qualified to offer any ‘technical feedback’, but my personal impression you shall have, and my appreciation of all your hard work. It was a privilege to listen.

Pianamateur 01. Papillons, op. 2
I take exception to the ‘amateur’ in your name LOL, to hold up for such a long piece is incredible. And your first recital too! Great Job.

Valencia 02. Davidsbuendlertaenze Op. 6 No. 4 - Ungeduldig (Con impazienza)
04. Davidsbuendlertaenze Op. 6 No. 10 - Balladenmassig sehr rasch

I think both pieces were very well done, and the first one not a bit sleepy. Nice pieces that really grow on you after a couple of listens.

patH (Patrick Hollstein) 03. Davidsbuendlertaenze op.6, Nr.8 "Frisch"
’Frish’ indeed! I almost had to hold my breath through this piece. Loved the video, allowing me to watch these masterful hands at work.

Richard (zrtf90) 05. Davidsbuendlertaenze op.6, Nr.15 "Frisch"
06. Davidsbuendlertaenze, Op. 6 No. 16, Mit gutem Humor"
07. Davidsbuendlertaenze Op. 6 No. 17 Wie Aus der Ferne
10. Des Abends, Op. 12 No. 1
54. Erster Verlust, Op. 68 No. 16

While the music was not to my taste, I still enjoyed your always excellent playing, especially those magic trills.

timmyab 08. Three pieces from Carnival op 9
Excellent playing of these pieces, though perhaps the ‘easier’ ones, certainly not ‘simple’.

Greener / Jeff Green 09. Carnaval, Chopin Op. 9, No. 12
Ah, this was nice, and played with such feeling smile You are right, this is both graceful and beautiful.

Carey (Phil Jones) 11. Aufschwung (Soaring) Opus 12 No. 2
64. Kriegslied (Song of War) Opus 68 No. 31
70. Nordisches Lied (Northern Song) Opus 68 No. 41
71. Figurieter Choral (Figured Choral) Opus 68 No. 42
72. Sylvesterlied (New Year's Eve) Opus 68 No. 43

Oh, that was just wonderful! Especially ‘Nordisches Lied’ blew me away. Although I had never heard it before, it was eerily familiar. Clearly influenced not just by Gade, but other nordic music. Had to listen to this 5 times before I could tear myself away. This has to go to the top of my list of things to play (when able). Thank you for that smile Also absolutely loved the videos of all your pieces. You went all out to give us an all-round experience.

dire tonic 12. Warum? Op. 12 no.3
76. dire tonic - Nicht schnell, mit Innigkeit Op. 99 no.1
78. dire tonic - Serh Langsam Op.99 no 8

Skillfully played.

FarmGirl 13. Op12 No 4 Grillen
You being sick and all, I think it was a heroic effort. Majestic even smile

hreichgott / Heather W. Reichgott 14. Fantasiestucke Op. 12 no. 5 In der Nacht
15. Fantasiestucke Op. 12 no. 6 Fabel
16. Fantasiestucke Op. 12 no. 7 Traumes-Wirren

Excellent playing.

AndyPlatt 17. Ende vom Lied, from Fantasiestuck, Op. 12, No 8
Excellent playing. Sorry I keep repeating myself, but what else is there to say smile

sinophilia (Diana) 18. Op. 15 no. 1 - Von Fremden Laendern und Menschen
Beautiful piece, and I love the way you play it.

Woodog /Forrest Halford 19. Op. 15, #2 "A Curious Story"
20. Op. 15, #3 "Catch Me"
25. Op. 15, #8 "By the Fireside"
26. Op. 15, #9 "Knight of the Rocking Horse"
27. Op. 15, #11 "Frightening"

I thought it was great, but I can see how the last one would be scary to pull off LOL

peterws 21. Pleading Child
33. Novelletten 21 1
55. Roaming in the Morning op 68 17
66. Mariners Song

Some great playing. No idea how you managed the Mariners so schnell.
Camera have too many beers before 33? That angle made me seasick laugh

dynamobt/Marilyn 22. Perfect Happiness Op 15 no 5
24. Dreaming Op 15 no 7

Ah, Träumerei, also one of my favorites. Enjoyed that very much smile

ElaineAllegro 23. Opus 15, Kinderszenen, #6: Wichtige Begebenheit (Great Adventure)
Liked the little boy story, fits it well laugh

Moonsh1ne (Ken) 28. Op. 15, No .13 Kinderszenen - Der Dichter Spricht (The Poet Speaks)
You played that with great feeling. And thank you for the tip on the movie, I’ll have to watch that now.

Tim Adrianson 29. Kreisleriana #1 - 2 Op 16
30. Kreisleriana #3-4 Op 16
31. Kreisleriana #5 - 8 Op 16
35. Noveletten #5
36. Noveletten #6

Obviously a pro at work smile Inspiring.

Pover 32. Op.18 Schumann Arabeske
3 years, self-taught? Well, that’s pretty amazing in my book smile

chopinoholic (Paul de Koning) 34. Novelette op.21 no.2
Excellent.

verqueue 37. Sonata g minor op. 22
I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy it, but, as always, it’s a pleasure watching you play.

Erin (Morodiene) 38. Op 23 No 3 Mit grosser Lebhaftigkeit
80. Op 111 No 2 Ziemlich langsam

Op111/2 really gets under your skin after a while of listening. Thanks.

PikaPianist 39. Nachtstucke Op.23, No.4 'Einfach'
Never heard chords played quite like that before. Almost guitar’ish. Interesting.

Rachel Jimenez 40. Intermezzo from Faschingsschwank aus Wien, Op. 26
41. Romanze from Faschingsschwank aus Wien, Op. 26

I have no problem with some pros in these themed recitals. It’s inspiring.

Rupak Bhattacharya 42. Romance in F-sharp Major, Op. 28 No. 2
You certainly did not ruin this piece. It was well done, and beautiful.

scorpio 43. Op. 68, No. 1 - Melody
47. Op. 68, No. 6 - The Poor Orphan

Well done. I especially liked No.1 smile

pianonewbie1 (Piano_primo)44. Soldier's March Opus 68
Very nice. Looks like fun to play.

Tom Christian 45. Trallerliedchen Op 68 No 3
Fun piece, and so even and perfect. I love the way you always play like you really mean it!

WimPiano 46. Op. 68 No 4 - Ein Choral
52. Kleine Studie - Album fur die Jugend - Op. 68 No. 14

Well done. I liked it.

Ohio_Mark 48. The Hunting Song
Tempo was just fine. Nice.

ajames 49. Op. 68, 8. Wilder Reiter
You matched the title perfectly smile

earlofmar 50. The Merry Farmer Op 68 No 10
53. Fruhlingsgesang (Spring song) Op 68 No 15
57. earlofmar - Kleine Romanze (Little romance) Op 68 No 19

Seem like some very difficult pieces to tackle after only 2 years, and I think you did a great job. Nice to hear the Farmer, finally one I’m familiar with (though never played it of course).

SwissMS/Doris 51. Opus 68 No. 12 Knecht Ruprecht
82. Opus 118 No 1 Sonata in G Theme and Variations

You have nothing to fear from Sir Ruprecht. He should give you a few oranges for that smile

ClsscLib 56. Opus 68 No 18 Reaper's Song
Well that was a bit of a surprise. From your translated title, I expected something from the ‘grim reaper’ LOL My mistake. Jolly piece, and very nice.

gingko2 58. op. 68 no. 21
81. gingko2 - op. 118 no. 1, Children's Sonata, Allegro

Well done.

malkin 59. Op. 68 No. 23 Reiterstuck
A horse would be hard pressed to passage for 2 minutes, but it really worked with this picture in my mind laugh Nice.

barbaram 60. Op 68 no 26
69. Op 68 no 39 Wintertime II

Great playing.

torquenale (Alessandra) 61. Erinnerung - op. 68 n. 28
Well done.

Sam S 62. Strange Man - opus 68 no 29
63. Album for the Young * opus 68 number 30

‘Strange Man’ does bring to mind somebody with a mean scowl. I think you bring it out well.

Anne H 65. Opus 68, No 32: Sheherazade
Very nice listen.

Recaredo/Ricardo 67. Op. 68, Album for the Young No 37. Matrosenlied (Sailors' Song)
You played it well. But what this has to do with ‘matrosen’ is beyond me.

noobpianist90 68. Winterzeit I (Wintertime I) Op. 68 No. 38
75. Vogel als Prophet (Bird as Prophet) Op. 82 No. 7

Excellent playing.

Peyton 73. Chiarina
77. Peyton - Album Leaves Opus 99, No. 2 part 1

Great playing.

pavel.k 74. Waldszenen Op.82 No.3 Einsame Blumen
Lovely played.

Pathbreaker - 79. Album Leaves Op. 99, No. 9 Novelette
Great playing.

stumbler /Dave 83. Albumblatter op 124, no 5, Phantasietanz (Fantastic Dance)
Excellent playing.

Outo 84. Gesange der Frohe op 133-1
Last, but certainly not least smile Well done.

[Linked Image]XXXVII-XXXVIII
I pray, that tomorrow I may strive to be a little better than I am today - and, on behalf of everybody else, I give thanks for headphones.
R
R
Enjoying listening to these performances! I love how much enthusiasm and talent there is on this forum. Hopefully I'll have some time to keep checking back here for comments.

I really enjoyed preparing and posting my recordings. I'm glad someone let me know about this recital and suggested I make a little contribution. I used it as an opportunity to brush up on a couple of short movements and also to further my work with software pianos.

All the best to everybody!

Rachel Jimenez Piano teacher in Brooklyn, NY / Author of Fundamental Keys method
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by wimpiano
This is so fun to listen to!!
The wildest mix of levels I have ever heard laugh

All very inspiring. Everything is in it: short term goals, long term goals, and "some time in the year 2050" goals grin

Most of all very pleasant music, some of you make it sound effortless. In other pieces you almost see/smell the blood sweat and tears which have gone in to it.

I would like to say to all of you: Thanks so much for participating!

To those who stretched beyond their abilities, GOOD JOB!! What a challenge!

To the teachers and advanced players who took part, thanks so much for playing this beautiful music for all of us to enjoy!

This is exactly what I love most about these collaborative recitals.
We are all in it together, coming from wherever we are coming from, just trying to wrap our heads and hearts and fingers around this genius music.
Congratulations to all and thank you SO much Morodiene!

Heather Reichgott, piano

Working on:
Mel (Mélanie) Bonis - Sevillana, La cathédrale blessée
William Grant Still - Three Visions

Platinum Supporter until November 30 2022
Online Content

Platinum Supporter until November 30 2022
I plan to listen to ALL the submissions over the next few days, but I'm very impressed with what I've heard this evening.

01. Pianamateur - Papillons, op. 2

Certainly you've been playing for longer than two years. Those earlier experiences you allude to obviously counted for something !! ha I found your performance of this gem of a work to be musically mature and quite delightful...as if I was discovering the piece for the first time through your performance. Well done !!

02. Valencia - Davidsbuendlertaenze Op. 6 No. 4 - Ungeduldig (Con impazienza)
03. patH (Patrick Hollstein) - Davidsbuendlertaenze op.6, Nr.8 "Frisch"
04. Valencia - Davidsbuendlertaenze Op. 6 No. 10 - Balladenmassig sehr rasch
05. Richard (zrtf90) - Davidsbuendlertaenze op.6, Nr.15 "Frisch"
06. Richard (zrtf90) - Davidsbuendlertaenze, Op. 6 No. 16, Mit gutem Humor
07. Richard (zrtf90) - Davidsbuendlertaenze Op. 6 No. 17 Wie Aus der Ferne

Thanks to all of you for giving us a taste of the musical riches of this early Schumann work. While you may consider some of your submissions to be works in progress, the bones were certainly there, and the musicality was evident throughout. I was particularly moved by Richard's reading of Aus der Ferne - but I found ALL of the submissions most enjoyable. In fact, you've inspired me to (finally) get a copy of the score and start learning portions of this amazing opus.

08. timmyab - Three pieces from Carnival op 9
I wouldn't say that any of these pieces are particularly easy. You play them quite well with an obvious understanding of the composer's intent. Well done !!

09. Greener / Jeff Green - Carnaval, Chopin Op. 9, No. 12
Perhaps my favorite selection from Carnaval, and I enjoyed your rendition. I can't recall having heard a Heintzman upright before. Is your Heintzman Canadian built (pre 1989)??

Mason and Hamlin BB - 91640
Kawai K-500 Upright
Kawai CA-65 Digital
Korg SP-100 Stage Piano
YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/pianophilo
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Jytte

I don't know why , but this comment makes me laugh,,, I guess I imagine someone saying "mmm looks like fun"" and because the melody is very bouncy and sort of silly....
I don't understand how it is titled "a soldier"s march"... but.. thanks

Originally Posted by piano_primo_1

I don't know why , but this comment makes me laugh,,, I guess I imagine someone saying "mmm looks like fun"" and because the melody is very bouncy and sort of silly....
I don't understand how it is titled "a soldier"s march"... but.. thanks

Toy soldiers. . . . grin

"[Linked Image]"

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
2000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
2000 Post Club Member
Thank you Morodiene and Greener for putting this together. 84 pieces, it's impressive!

I'm quite familiar with Schumann's works and it's always a treat to listen to new performances and interpretations of pieces one knows well, especially since the level here is so high. But there's also a lot I didn't know, and will be delighted to explore. All pieces that are remotely attainable, I want to try to learn. Thank you everybody!

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I really enjoyed listen all the submissions.
Congratulations to all the pianists thumb

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Self-taught since Dec2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."

Unobtanium Supporter until Jun 020 2020
3000 Post Club Member

Unobtanium Supporter until Jun 020 2020
3000 Post Club Member
Morodiene and Sam S Thank you for doing this enormous recital thumb ...

ClsscLib 56. Opus 68 No 18 Reaper's Song
Well that was a bit of a surprise. From your translated title, I expected something from the ‘grim reaper’ LOL My mistake. Jolly piece, and very nice.

Thanks, Jytte. I first heard the piece on Chenyin Li's demonstration CD for Pianist Magazine before I ever saw the title, and I was as surprised as you were.

Farming has become so mechanized -- and so few people are engaged in it these days -- that (at least in English) we hardly ever hear the word "reaper" except in reference to the "Grim Reaper." But of course the word originally referred to harvesting crops, and the subject of this piece clearly has been involved joyfully in a bountiful harvest.

So there's nothing grim about this piece at all, although there are a few gnarly technical challenges for the developing pianist!

[Linked Image]

"Don't let the devil fool you -
Here comes a dove;
Nothing cures like time and love."

-- Laura Nyro
G

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014
2000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014
2000 Post Club Member
G
I've only sampled a small snippet of this recital, yesterday. About 20 performances or so. I'll be listening to the recital in it's entirety throughout the week. From what I have experienced thus far, what an outstanding lineup of performances of these great Schumann works. Five years ago I'd never had imagined participating in a classical themed recital, let alone along side musicians of this calibre. I'm thrilled to be participating.

Thank you to all for listening and your nice comments on my submission; Peter, Jytte and Carey.

Originally Posted by carey
Is your Heintzman Canadian built (pre 1989)??

It is a 1978. Yes, I believe it was manufactured right here in Toronto. This was before Heintzman was sold and manufacturing moved to China. It is a decent enough piano, but I am now the 3rd owner and it is starting to wear. My piano tech. is not as much of a big fan of it as I am, and is forever trying to get me to upgrade to a Yamaha. He has me convinced now and eventually I will. Of course, he is also the one that will be selling me the new Yamaha. So he has a vested interest in not liking my Heintzman so much. smile

Originally Posted by sinophilia
Thank you Morodiene and Greener for putting this together. 84 pieces, it's impressive!

Thank you, Diana.
Indeed the recital prep. and launch has gone like clockwork. Slight correction though; All due to Morodiene and her support team. I had no involvement in this recital. Thank you though. I forward your thanks to the Sam, stumbler and others that were involved in helping make this recital come off so well.

B
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
B
Right, first off I’m listening to Op 68 since that’s where my own contributions fit in.
I hadn't intended to comment on all of them, but it seems that I have! I won't manage to do the whole recital, I'm sure, but I do hope to listen to it all.
Thanks to Morodiene for organising & to everyone for participating

43. scorpio - Op. 68, No. 1 - Melody
Nice job – I learned this recently so I know it is not as simple as it sounds. I didn’t attempt to get it to your level of polish either, but it’s a really nice little piece

44. pianonewbie1 (Piano_primo) - Soldier's March Opus 68
Great job, I found your notes really interesting too

45. Tom Christian - Trallerliedchen Op 68 No 3
Great job, lovely rippling accompaniment

46. WimPiano - Op. 68 No 4 - Ein Choral
Your notes on the background to the piece are interesting – this is really so different to everything else in this opus, isn’t it? Very nicely done

47. scorpio - Op. 68, No. 6 - The Poor Orphan
Very nice job

48. Ohio_Mark - The Hunting Song
Lovely, a nice fun pace

49. ajames - Op. 68, 8. Wilder Reiter
Great pace, you carry off the tempo really well.

50. earlofmar - The Merry Farmer Op 68 No 10
Despite your protestions, great job – and how satisfying to return to something that was previously too difficult and be able to *really* measure your progress

51. SwissMS/Doris - Opus 68 No. 12 Knecht Ruprecht
One of my faves from this opus. Really polished, great job.
Doesn’t sound easy at all!

52. WimPiano - Kleine Studie - Album fur die Jugend - Op. 68 No. 14
Really pretty piece, and it flows beautifully

53. earlofmar - Fruhlingsgesang (Spring song) Op 68 No 15
You do a lovely job with this, it’s a pleasure to listen to.
I really relate to your comments, I feel the same about my Schumann journey over the last 6 months or so.
I’m interested in your comments re pedal – I would have thought for Schumann (and Romantic era in general), the absence of a pedal marking doesn’t have to mean “don’t use”, more "do what you feel like". In one of my two, I use it only when indicated, but I could never have made the other one presentable without copious pedalling!

54. Richard (zrtf90) - Erster Verlust, Op. 68 No. 16
Thanks for picking this up, it’s lovely

55. peterws - Roaming in the Morning op 68 17
This is great, another one of my faves from this Opus

56. ClsscLib - Opus 68 No 18 Reaper's Song
Very nicely done

57. earlofmar - Kleine Romanze (Little romance) Op 68 No 19
Hey, at least this also *sounds* challenging – nothing worse that challenging pieces that sound easy :-)
Great job

58. gingko2 - op. 68 no. 21 ***
I wonder why he left 3 untitled in this opus?
I really like this, it doesn’t sound easy at all.

59. malkin - Op. 68 No. 23 Reiterstuck
Nothing wrong with dressage :-)
Good contrast with your dynamics

61. torquenale (Alessandra) - Erinnerung - op. 68 n. 28
Oh, this is really polished, lovely!

62. Sam S - Strange Man - opus 68 no 29
I’m not hearing the errors at all, rather I’m feeling intimidated by all those chords (one of my many weak areas!). And by the Strange Man, of course! Great job.

63. Sam S - Album for the Young *** opus 68 number 30
Lovely piece, and such a contrast in style from no 29.

64. Carey (Phil Jones) - Kriegslied (Song of War) Opus 68 No. 31
Sounds really fun to play!

65. Anne H - Opus 68, No 32: Sheherazade
This is a lovely piece, one of my favourites from this Opus I think

66. peterws - Mariners Song
OK, this is my *actual* favourite from this Opus. When the recital was first launched I listened through all of Opus 68 to decide what to do. This was my favourite, and then I looked up the difficulty and backed quickly away :-)
Just as well, since my supposedly easier no 39 proved hugely challenging to me! Hopefully someday I’ll come back to this and play it, for today I’m happy to sit back and enjoy your lively rendition – great stuff!

67. Recaredo / Ricardo - Op. 68, Album for the Young No 37. Matrosenlied (Sailors' Song).
Great job Ricardo. I think a lot of us have been pushing our boundaries with this recital, but you carry it off very well indeed.

68. noobpianist90 - Winterzeit I (Wintertime I) Op. 68 No. 38
Particularly interesting to listen to this as a partner piece to my Winterzeit II – very nice indeed

70. Carey (Phil Jones) - Nordisches Lied (Northern Song) Opus 68 No. 41, Figurieter Choral (Figured Choral) Opus 68 No. 42,
Sylvesterlied (New Year's Eve) Opus 68 No. 43

Enjoyed listening to all three of these. I think I like no 42 best

Last edited by barbaram; 03/16/15 10:27 AM.

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,302
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission