2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
63 members (AlkansBookcase, Barry_Braksick, danno858, BadSanta, danbot3, Animisha, Burkhard, 14 invisible), 1,836 guests, and 283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I
OP Offline
I
That's essentially where it's at now. I can lower it though. But if you notice at the end of the file there's that dead air sound.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Yeah that "dead air sound" is electrical noise. It may get much less noticeable if you lower the volume of the CLP and the input level of the channel you have plugged it into.

I
OP Offline
I
Thanks a lot. I found a good balance with all of my levels, but that noise is still there.

Also, I just baught a second cable for stereo from Aamzon, it will be here in a few days.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Share most recent file if you can.

Do you have the audio connection *and* USB plugged in at the same time? If you do, then you should try making a recording without the USB connected - just to see what happens.

Regards,
Steven
---
(Re)beginner
Roland RP401R
I
OP Offline
I
Well I'm recording it to the computer via USB so I can't record anything unless I set the Yamaha to record to its own memory space.

Also, I just got a second cable which I plugged into the 2nd port on the Yamaha, so now I should have stereo sound right? I don't think it's working because when I measure the Left and Right levels they are both uniform and never differ from eachother whilst in Audacity.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
You wrote "I have Yamaha Clavinova CLP 485." This model doesn't exist.

If you have a CLP-480 or a CLP-585, you may record directly in a WAV file on a USB key. Afterwhile, you can bring the key to the PC and use the WAV file (play, convert to MP3, etc.) It will be more practical than the use of Audacity, and you will have no noise due to the conversion Digital-to-Analog and Analog-to-digital.

If you connect the CLP to a PC using a USB cable, only MIDI events will be exchanged on this cable. The problem is you can't use MIDI file recorded this way without a comparable digital piano. (Rendering on the PC with Windows piano samples or other samples will likely bring you some other sounds.)

Are you using a cable with a stereo 1/8" plug on the PC side (LINE-IN, a blue socket) and two mono 1/4" plugs on the piano side? If you are, you should have a stereo sound on the PC. (If you have bought the model online, it could be interesting to have the URL).

http://www.sinerj.org/
http://humeur-synthe.sinerj.org/
Yamaha N1X, Bechstein Digital Grand, Garritan CFX, Ivory II pianos, Galaxy pianos, EWQL Pianos, Native-Instrument The Definitive Piano Collection, Soniccouture Hammersmith, Truekeys, Pianoteq
I
OP Offline
I
i'm using the audio interface stated above, i'm not connecting it directly to my PC from the Yamaha.

I
OP Offline
I
Um....so I can't believe myself right now....for some reason I overlooked the record function on the piano!!!! I was just able to get a WAV file in like 10 seconds. I don't think I knew how to use it before, or I thought it was broken or something.....

Ah man.......

I guess problem is solved.

I've had the piano for almost 2 years now and just finally got this to function! Granted it's not my piano persay.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,633
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission