2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
40 members (bwv543, Andre Fadel, Animisha, alexcomoda, benkeys, Burkhard, 20/20 Vision, 10 invisible), 1,179 guests, and 303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Requiem Aeternam:
hey sam I didn't know you auditioned to all of those schools, are you saying that even Oberlin didn't require arpeggios and scales?
I actually wrote about a couple of the auditions on here.

Cleveland Institute of Music:

I just got back from Cleveland. It was great!

The audition itself had its ups and downs, but overall I think it went very well. There were probably about 5 judges in the room (I didn't really pay attention to that). They didn't want to see the actual music scores (which surprised me), but I recited for them the program that I had prepared. Then they asked me what I wanted to play first, so I said, "How about some Bach?" Prelude and Fugue in E-Flat Minor (Book I). There were a few slip-ups, but I was able in most cases (except for 1!!) to go right on 2-3 measures later (one spot I stopped for a few seconds before continuing two lines later).

Then, the first two pages of the Beethoven 1st movement, first two variations of the 2nd movement, and the Shostakovich prelude.

NO CHOPIN! I was shocked. Oh well. Next time.

The theory/ear training exams were no fun. The theory exam actually wasn't all bad: I had to write out some scales and key signatures, complete intervals, and write four-part harmonizations. I think I did well on that, except for the four-part writing, but the ear-training test, which required recognition of intervals, texture (major, minor, dimished, augmented), and transcribing 2-part harmonization and analyzing the chord progressions, was not easy But the exams aren't really so important, as compared to the audition!

Good luck to everybody else with their auditions. This was the first of four for me, and it went very well. The judges were very nice, and they made the whole process smooth and comfortable. It was fun, above all!

Original link: http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/6871/2.html
For Oberlin:

Well, I just got back from Oberlin, OH and my audition.

I was really looking forward to this one, especially when I found out at the orientation that the piano auditions are 20 minutes, as opposed to the 10-minute auditions I got at Michigan and Cleveland Institute. Well, my judges cut me 10 minutes short, so I still only got 10 minutes!! I don't know if that's good or bad...

The theory test was multiple-choice, which I guess is supposed to make it easier...

So it terms of the audition I figured, at both of my other auditions I played the Bach P+F in E-flat minor, which is 10 minutes long, and didn't get to play any Chopin or even the 3rd movement of the Beethoven sonata. So today I thought I'd be smart, even with a 20-minute (???) audition, and play the shorter C-minor P+F, which is only 3 minutes. Well, so much for that idea - I blanked out halfway through the prelude, started over, blanked out at the same spot, and was very much indebted to the judge who finally said, "How about starting the fugue?" The fugue was amazing. But as for the prelude - I guess I deserved it for changing the program at the last minute!

First three minutes of the Beethoven Appassionata (pretty well). No 2nd or 3rd movement.

Chopin Revolutionary Etude but no Raindrop Prelude.

The Shostakovich went really well.

"Would you please play 'Happy Birthday' in the key of D Major?"

Oh boy. I had been warned of this. So I started, "D-D-..."

"No. It won't start on a D in the key of D major, will it?"

Well, I figured it out eventually. Gotta start on the dominant A... And then I had to add the left hand chords to it! Oh my goodness...

(Sorry for the long report.... maybe some of you are going to audition at Oberlin?)

A little bit of eartraining... and sightreading. Edward MacDowell. eek eek

Anyways, I survived. I'll be hearing by April 1st if I'm in or not (I think they accept about 70 pianists [9 professors x 4 (4 students per studio) x 2 (just in case some accepted applicants go elsewehere)] but a couple hundred audition)

Now I'm listening to Richard Goode, just to hear how I SHOULD HAVE played the Appassionata!

Original link: http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/7238.html
And Indiana:

<a href="https://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/6871.html" target="new_window">My First Audition</a>

Hehehe....

I just played my last college audition yesterday at Indiana University. It was by far my best audition, and I really hope that the judges thought it was really good, too!

First I played the Bach C Minor Prelude and Fugue from Book 1, the best I had ever played it. I played sooooo fast but with good control. (As commented in another post, I too heard some sort of metronomic tapping during the beginning of the prelude! Maybe it was just my imagination... ) I had a couple of finger slips towards the end of the prelude, but the rest of the prelude and the fugue were really well-played, I thought.

Next I played the first 2 1/2 variations of the Appassionata 2nd movement. I'm not sure it was my best playing of that piece, but I still did really well with it. Originally, the judges asked for the 2nd and 3rd movements, but had me stop after the first 2 1/2 variations... hmmmm...

Finished with the Chopin Revolutionary Etude Op. 10 No. 12. Wow, did I play that fast! Except for a few measures in the middle, I played it with a lot of control, though. Definately the best I ever played it.

Let me tell you, I got such a "pianist's high" after the audition! laugh I was so excited. I really hope I'm accepted.

But the school! I love Indiana University, and the campus is very beautiful and very, very commercial. I stayed overnight with a friend of mine in his dorm Saturday night, and I got to experience the typical night for a college student: we played computer games, watched T.V., ordered pizza for dinner, and would have gone to the gym to play basketball if the gym hadn't been closed when we got there.

The campus is really beautiful, and the people are really nice. The practice pianos aren't so good, but what should I expect?? .

So now I am home, listening to GutiƩrrez's recording of Prokofiev 2nd and 3rd Concertos that arrived over the weekend. Wowzers.

Original link: http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/7395.html#000000
I didn't write about the Michigan audition, but I remember it was just the performance. No sightreading, no scales, not even a written theory exam. (and at the other schools, the theory exam was only a placement exam, and had no bearing on admission.

Turns out I didn't get in to any of those schools, but I auditioned again at Michigan about a month ago (for historical musicology this time) and I did get in. Here's what I wrote about that audition:

Oh, what a wonderful piano. Such a gorgeous tone.

The audition was in a big recital hall (Britten), and most, if not all, of the piano faculty was there.

I played Grieg first - very well (probably most of it was the best that I've ever played it). The trills especially came out very nicely.

Then the Beethoven 1st movement up until the end of the false recap. This was pretty good, though I rushed just a tad (nervous rushing). But the middle of the development was really good.

Then Bach Prelude (no fugue). It's been better. I didn't have 100% control, and the presto section was a little messier than usual. But still a pretty good job.

So my teacher was listening outside, and he told me I did a good job. Then, surprisingly, two of the professors caught up to us in the hallway afterwards and told me that they were very impressed, that they remembered my last audition which was 10 months ago (!!!!!!!) and that they were impressed especially by my tremendous "transformation".

So that was my audition. I think it went very well, and we'll find out the results in about 3-4 weeks.

Original link: http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/9873.html#000000
So that's what I wrote about my auditions, and I don't remember having to do anything other than what I wrote about.

Sam
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hey I'm curious sam, what did the sightreading consist of since that's one of the things I'm working on, I've never heard of Mcdowell, can you describe the level of material they expect you to sightread

"He who turns himself into a beast, gets rid of the pain of being a man."
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Requiem Aeternam:
Hey I'm curious sam, what did the sightreading consist of since that's one of the things I'm working on, I've never heard of Mcdowell, can you describe the level of material they expect you to sightread
If my memory serves well, it was a short piece called "Lilacs" or "Lillies." But that audition was 11 months ago, so maybe I don't remember exactly....

Sam
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I mean was it difficult, what was the tempo, the notes? Was it mostly quarter or 8th or 16th notes, was there large chords, what type of bass in th left hand, was it a slow 1/4 note accompaniment or did it have a lot of contrapuntal movement + chords etc? Do you remember any of that?

"He who turns himself into a beast, gets rid of the pain of being a man."
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Gosh, it was so long ago already...

I think it was slow, and chordal. Maybe a little bit contrapuntal, but not really. Mostly melodic chords, I think. Probably not a very difficult piece, but I wasn't very good at sightreading, and I was under pressure at the audition, so I didn't do a very good job.

I recall that it didn't look like a very difficult piece.

Sam
H
hv Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
H
Originally posted by computerpro3:
And I reiterate, I can read music, just not as well as I'd like to, and I still have two years to improve.
My wife is one of the most impressive sight readers I've ever seen. And she uses the same method as you for memorizing. She often does songshops where singers show up with music she may or may not have ever seen before and occasionally creates a ruckus at sheet music sales and antique shops motoring through stacks of obscure stuff in search of the rare gem. But you'll never see her with music in concert... she just won't play a piece "out" which she hasn't mastered.

Says the quickest and best memorization technique is to go directly from eyes to fingers. But once the music is firmly under her fingers, she says it always pays to go back and try and make sense of the music and its chord structure. Because no matter how well music is memorized, sooner or later a brain fart is inevitable and you'll wake up in the middle of a bridge and your understanding of the piece is your best route for getting back onto track.

Btw, there's nothing incompatible between being a good sight reader and memorizing your pieces. You should strive to be the best sight reader you can. You'll absorb the music that much more smoothly and quickly. Hour a day drills should do it fine. Just don't ever let sight reading skill become a crutch in live performance. In fact, if you remove the sheet music holder board from the piano during performances, you may be surprised at how much better you can hear the nuances of what you're doing and the expressive control this makes possible.

Howard

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Hi Computerpro3,

Criteria for entering a conservatory is not writ in stone.

Don't take people who write as if they are Moses too seriously.

Tomasino

"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do so with all thy might." Ecclesiastes 9:10

When you posted this, I assume you were referring to me, that's fine.

You are correct, requirements are not written in stone, and there are conservatories out there that will take people money who don't have the necessary skills, no doubt, particularly if they do not check off the "need financial aid" box.

However, to be ready for a "major" conservatory and expect to be admitted, one needs to be ready to demonstrate mastery of the instrument that would make teaching the student by one of the better faculty, attractive. Therefore, even though scales, arpeggios, etc may never be asked at the Joe Shmo School of Music, it would be embarrassing to be auditioning for Juilliard, Manhattan, etc., be asked to play even just one scale, say, d in the harmonic minor form, two hands, four octaves, and have to say, "sorry, I don't do scales (or arpeggios, or "what's an inversion?"). It is not only a matter of getting in, it is a matter of having basic technical requirements under your belt so you can "stay in" -- not be trying to do things a 12 year old can already do while you are also struggling with being in music school in the first place, taking music history, ear training, music theory, etc. and stay afloat. Also, why go somewhere without the "chops" when you will immediately be surrounded by more talented people who already have them in abundance?

I would not expect to be admitted to a "major" conservatory without basic skills any more than I would be expecting to be admitted to medical school without a knowledge of basic biology. People need to be preliminarily prepared for the field they seek to enter. If my comments seem harsh, just wait until the student gets to music school...........you ain't seen nothing yet!

B
BDB Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
B
I have met someone who graduated from the College of the Pacific music school without being able to read music. He was the best student who ever went there. Maybe you have heard of him; there were a a couple of articles about him in the local paper last week on the occasion of his eight-fifth birthday. His last name is Brubeck.

Semipro Tech
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I auditioned to Juilliard, Curtis, Mannes, Manhattan, Peabody and San Francisco. At not a single school was I asked to do anything other than play my audiiton pieces. (Although Mannes had this ridiculously long theory test, it was for placement purposes, and the audition was still the biggest priority.)

They don't ask you to play scales or sightread because it is simply obvious that one can TELL just from how one plays what level of musicianship one has. You could not possibly give a musical and technically flawless performance of a Chopin Ballade if you don't already have a decent technique and adequate sigh reading abilities. Of course, you are not expected to have the Technique of a Hamelin when you enter a conservatory, but you should have a general foundation and be able to manage most passages, and that is something that is apparent in your audition.

I can't give any real advice to you computerpro, because I havent heard you play, so I can't make an adequate assesment of your abilities. but if you are serious about going to a conservatory, you should contact a teacher at one of those schools and play for them as soon as possible.

C
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
C
Originally Posted by anacrusis
I reiterate, no major conservatory will accept a student who is unable to read music, particularly for a performance degree -- none that I ever heard of, anyway. Last I knew, the audition requirements for piano at any place worth going to included all major and minor scales in all forms, all inversions, various cadences, all arpeggios, progressions, etc, as well as playing pieces from all the major periods, taken from a laundry list of what and what are not acceptable audition pieces to the jury at that school. In other words, you don't walk in and say "guess what? I can play this piece or that piece". They don't care. You have to play what is on the list. Let's tell it like it is. Also, I do not agree with one poster who said that conservatories don't require sightreading at the piano/vocally...I had to sightread even at my backup schools, so don't know where that was that it wasn't required.....also, after you are there, you have to sightread to get into any honors or other non-required performing groups.......any school that would take someone with technical deficits like that would be expecting the student to get up to speed pretty quickly, it is impossible to go through a four year degree-granting program in MUSIC and not be able to sightread. Think of picking up a music history book or theory book and having the thing make no sense to you. Think of having 300 pages of music history or 50 pages of theory to get mastered by the next day. Does a music student who can't read music have a chance at not getting booted out on his rear? I seriously doubt it, and conservatories know this and weed those people out. When I started my undergraduate degree I was told to memorize the faces of the people to the immediate left and right of me in the orientation, because TWO of the three of us would not be there by the end of the first year, most having flunked out. They were not kidding. I have NEVER met a conservatory graduate, "major" or "minor", who can't read music, and I have been out of school for over 25 years, and have met and worked with many musicians all over the world, sorry.

What serious piano teacher worth going to is going to accept a student at college level who cannot come to the studio prepared with the notes? College-level music professors are not babysitters. They are also not interested in teaching people who have perfect pitch and who are basically copying recordings. A teacher who is an ARTIST is interested in refining technique that is already there, helping with faulty technique (the student has to be willing to do what he's told immediately) and working on interpretation, not on notes. I have seen and heard of performance professors throwing music or music stands across the studio or stage for one missed note or one botched passage. I have had friends at conservatory level warned that they were wasting the teacher's time for being even partially unprepared....they expect a lengthy work to be note and fingering perfect, interpretation ready to be worked on, in a week or two.......not a few months. They expect to put a piece in front of a student and have the kid be able to play it at sight, at least passably well, no excuses. At a conservatory, a teacher will pull a piece of music out of a bag and say, let's sightread this, I think it's your next piece. You can't say, "I can't sightread but I will buy the CD on my way home and be ready to play the notes for you in a week, or three weeks, or three months." The teacher's response? "Goodbye."

How can a person who cannot read music hope to take courses like music history, music theory, orchestration, etc., for four years, requirements for getting a degree? Have you ever heard of a music theory examination that allowed students to get someone to point the notes out on the piano, or let the student go home and figure it out on the piano, or have someone sing the example in his ear? I remember taking theory exams in a huge room, just me and the desk, my pencil and 15 pages of WRITTEN instructions followed by WRITTEN examples of notes, cadences, figured basses, whatever, and blank ledger lines just waiting for my answer in four or 8 parts, or whatever. I can't imagine taking those exams as a non sightreader, non-note reader.....Let's get real here.

Finally, assuming a "major" conservatory would accept a student with these glaring deficits, what would be the purpose? Can a person who is not trained in any meaningful way have a concert career when so many pianists who are fine performers as well as true musicians do not? Assuming a career could be started, would it be sustainable on a day to day basis so that a person could make a living? How can a pianist who cannot read/sightread music peform in ensemble or handle an orchestra rehearsal of a concerto? When the conductor says, "let's take it from four before 52", what does that pianist do? A person who cannot read music cannot even teach piano to others and I doubt that any parent would be interested in having his or her child taught by such a person. A person who has not mastered the basic technical requirements of his instrument and who can't read music would have a hard time getting a public school elementary music teaching gig.

One of the main problems in the BUSINESS of music is that the beauty and passion of the subject catapult some people into a dreamland where the hard realities of what is essentially a very competitive job with major technical and knowledge requirements, are overlooked. Not every person who can play the piano, no matter how well, can be a working career musician who makes his living from this. This is a truth that needs to be broached by the student's teacher ("is it likely in your professional opinion as a musician and pianist that I am fit/on track/could get a music degree and become a professional pianist/general music teacher/private piano teacher?" is the question that should be asked, and the teacher should be frank and realistic in response) and also understood and embraced by the student himself/herself. Conservatory degrees are quite expensive and a waste of money to a student who 1) will not be able to make a living from music afterwards (assuming one is not independently wealthy and needs to work) 2) may be faced with paying off huge student loans in the future for a degree that will not sustain the payment of those loans.

For some, music should be an avocation, not a vocation, a minor, not the whole enchilada. The responsible teacher points this out.

You need to ASK YOUR TEACHER NOW whether in her professional opinion as a piano teacher, you could realistically, given two years continuous work on sight reading, note reading and all the REQUIRED scales, arpeggios, inversions, cadences, played up to speed at your audition, plus having various pieces from all the major musical periods, ready to play, with the correct technique and fingerings, from the list the conservatories will give you.......ask if she thinks that you can do all that in this space of time and be ready for a conservatory audition and have a prayer of winning a spot and listen to the answer. YOU NEED TO ASK HER. If you don't, maybe you already know what she will say and don't want to ask. That is also a choice.

You also need to clarify what your ultimate goal is to be if you do achieve this educational spot. Are you planning a concert career? Planning to teach other people piano? Planning a career as a general music teacher? Pianist in a piano bar? Just for your own enjoyment and plan to work in another field after graduation to pay off your student loans? You have to know why you are doing this and what you expect to get out of it. And you need to be ready. If you go in to an audition and say you can play Rhapsody in Blue and the Rach 3rd but can't do everything you NEED TO DO, it's all over, they won't care and you will be booted out. Just so you know. Knowledge is power.

I haven't posted here in several years, but I have remembered this post and your previous ones for the better part of a decade now. It has been nine years since I made this thread. I think I remembered it partially because I was afraid it was true, but partially because of the frankly off-putting tone that you used.

I wanted to let you know that I was accepted at two conservatories without being able to read music, one of them very well known. To clarify, I could identify notes but could not sightread a church hymn at even half-tempo.

I accepted the offer from the big conservatory (which forced me to take a remedial theory class before school started since I failed the written theory audition test). To reiterate that - they accepted me even though I failed the written theory test (I could not identify triads).

After my sophomore year, I transferred to another school to accept a full scholarship offer (I was not getting much aid), and I found a new professor I loved. Several years ago I successfully completed my piano performance degree, which I began while not knowing a single key signature, triad, or scale.

While I am not in music professionally (I, as most people, am not good enough to have a performing career that would afford my desired lifestyle), I have achieved many of my musical dreams. I have played with an orchestra, won a competition, and learned concertos that I only dreamed about before.

I was very immature back when I made this thread (I cringe at 99% of my posts back then), but nonetheless had I listened to you, none of these things would have happened.

I wanted to post this in case any other young pianists come across your post. Sure - I'm not a professional pianist, but my life is immeasurably richer because of the musical experiences I have had at conservatory/music school, and will continue to have for the rest of my life. And I managed to do it without burying myself in the mountains of debt you describe.

Sometimes, you just have to do what you believe is best, regardless of what others think.

Last edited by computerpro3; 01/08/15 08:21 PM.

Shigeru Kawai SK7
Kawai NV10S
Hallet & Davis 165
P
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
P
Good job doing what you wanted to, and overcoming discouragement.

I hope you can read music now.

Poetry is rhythm
Gold Subscriber
Gold Subscriber
Originally Posted by computerpro3
[...]I haven't posted here in several years, but I have remembered this post and your previous ones for the better part of a decade now. It has been nine years since I made this thread. I think I remembered it partially because I was afraid it was true, but partially because of the frankly off-putting tone that you used.

[...]

I'm glad to read that things have worked out. There was little point, however, in responding to anacrusis' post; a quick check will show that he hasn't posted here since 2008, so chiding him for his tone probably won't be read.

Regards,

BruceD
- - - - -
Estonia 190
C
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
C
Originally Posted by BruceD
[...]I haven't posted here in several years, but I have remembered this post and your previous ones for the better part of a decade now. It has been nine years since I made this thread. I think I remembered it partially because I was afraid it was true, but partially because of the frankly off-putting tone that you used.

[...]

I'm glad to read that things have worked out. There was little point, however, in responding to anacrusis' post; a quick check will show that he hasn't posted here since 2008, so chiding him for his tone probably won't be read.

Regards,

Perhaps, but I think it is important to point out that internet posts stay forever, and a prospective student searching on the forum would see his post.

I just think a lot of people do not accomplish things because they are too often discouraged to try, that's all. Looking back, there is something to be said for blissful ignorance of difficulty.

Shigeru Kawai SK7
Kawai NV10S
Hallet & Davis 165
J
jdw Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
J

I just think a lot of people do not accomplish things because they are too often discouraged to try, that's all. Looking back, there is something to be said for blissful ignorance of difficulty.

I'm glad you posted your update. Congratulations on following your dreams! You're right--too often negativity gets presented as reality, and discouragement can be very powerful.

1989 Baldwin R
W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W
computerpro3, welcome back!

Sounds like a nice way to memorize. Did you LEARN your way of memorization (eg through the suzuki method you had) or do you think you already did that before that time? Would you be able to describe how to learn it? Do I understand it's a direct link from memorized sound to fingering?

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
T
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
T
I reiterate, no major conservatory will accept a student who is unable to read music, particularly for a performance degree -- none that I ever heard of, anyway. Last I knew, the audition requirements for piano at any place worth going to included all major and minor scales in all forms, all inversions, various cadences, all arpeggios, progressions, etc, as well as playing pieces from all the major periods, taken from a laundry list of what and what are not acceptable audition pieces to the jury at that school.

Well I'm a Juilliard graduate and my entry exam included a prepared two hour performance of pieces from the major periods selected from a very wide list of acceptable 0nes. As I remember I was asked to play fragments from all the pieces at random. The whole performance segment of my admissions exam can't have lasted more than twenty or twenty five minutes at best. No scales or arpeggios or any of the preliminary technical work was asked for.

I did have to take some tests in harmony and counterpoint and history ... since a course called "Literature and Materials of Music" was a requirement.

My audition for the Conservatoire de Musique ( Quebec) did indeed include the technical work ... but no sight reading. And that program was obviously not as advanced as the Juilliard one.

The irony of all this was that I couldn't "sight-read" for beans until forty years after graduating. I credit some of my enthusiasm for it to IMSLP which provides me with an unlimited largesse of wonderful scores. And I want to play them ALL. 3hearts

T
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by BruceD

[...]

Regards,

Oh dear. I've goofed. I read the earlier posts on this thread ... and being a relative newbie here, I forgot to read the date.

Alas I have responded to a dinosaur thread. blush

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hi Pro,

" ...but nonetheless had I listened to you, none of these things would have happened. "

I'm sorry you feel that way. Having worked with a number of students in your former situation, I don't think it would have turned out badly at all if you had followed some of their advice.

Nevertheless, congrats on your accomplishments!

Last edited by laguna_greg; 01/10/15 05:56 PM.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hi ComputePro3,

I remember this post from 9 years ago. Funny thing is, anacrusis sent me some PM's regarding about how he/she spoke to your (then) teacher and how your teacher kept telling her you'd never get in anywhere. It was bizarre, and I never responded. I still have them in my inbox, and can share with you if you like. Obviously, this was a sick mind at work with nothing better to do with their time than target young pianists on internet forums.

In any case, congratulations on your accomplishments. If I remember correctly, you studied with the star Awadagin Pratt - quite an accomplishment!

Last edited by Opus_Maximus; 01/12/15 03:08 AM.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,173
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission