2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
53 members (Aylin, brdwyguy, bcalvanese, accordeur, 36251, Bostonmoores, 20/20 Vision, Adam Reynolds, 1200s, akse0435, 5 invisible), 1,320 guests, and 303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 39 of 54 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 53 54
D
D

Hi to all!

I've been a member here for a while but unfortunately I don't have the amount of free time I'd like to participate in the pianist corner forum. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who posts their youtube videos over in the members recording area. It is so great to see so many of you putting yourself out there and the insightful feedback provided by the contributors here! I'm so envious of the level of playing everyone has shown in their videos. Keep posting all!

V
V
Hi, I've just recently join this community.

So a bit of myself. My name is Vialli. I live in New Zealand
I started playing the piano at the age of 6, I had a teacher for a year or so but I just did not like it. I didn't like the pieces that she made me play, I would self-teacher myself privately 'Fur Elise' and 'Turkish March' by ear because I liked them and I did not know how to get the piano sheet when I was young. I hated being told what to do (because when I am instructed to play a piece I liked to improvise and add extra keys where I thought would make it sound better. My teacher hated this). So I stopped getting tuition since I also just play my own other pieces once the teacher isn't there.

I continued self-teaching myself piano for another couple years until 9, performed in front of the school a couple times, which I received a lot of bullying (physically and verbally) because I was the only one in the school who could play piano which they all criticized and discriminated me (I was the only Asian boy in a school filled with western and native Maori students, stereotyping how I am a geek, nerd, etcetc because I am Asian and play a musical instrument well).

So... I stopped playing playing the piano for 9 years. Which I picked it up again because I had no other choice of class subject to pick except music for my last year of high school. Bad experience again, long story short, this teacher hated me and treated me with bias, giving me low marks even tho I do better than other student who were so bad which she loved, because the whole class was with her for 5 years, unlike me who just jumped in, in the last year because I said I am good enough to join her class.
I had to perform a solo performance at the end of the year to pass my class, I picked:
"Beethoven, Moonlight Sonata Movement 1 & 3"
I picked the third movement because she didn't let me pick pieces as easy as Turkish March by Mozart because apparently it is too easy. Except other students played it for their performance....
Anyways. A day before my performance. I burnt my right hand 4th and 5th finger from my automotive class welding metal. So I had a big bandage over it. I asked her to give me an extension but she forced me to continue performing. IT WENT HORRIBLE. I wasn't able to press down my 4th and 5th finger. Sooooo.. I failed my class with that 1 year preparation of 4hours a day after school (since I had to reteach myself piano after stopping for 9years), self teaching moonlight sonata movement 3 and evaluating myself by ear. After that I stopped piano for a year, it put me off.

Then I went to university, and saw a grand piano with my friends. I played what was left of pieces I remember in my head. Everyone was amazed and encouraged me to play more piano. Now I am 20. Currently I am self-teaching myself "Rachmaninoff op 23, no 5", "Liszt La Campella", and lots of other pieces I dont remember the title.

I regret stopping while I was young, because I had heaps of potential, now I am busy with university but still trying to pick up my piano again and possibly try get a teacher and do grades.

So that is my introduction of my story with music, haha

Hello,
I'd like to introduce myself: my name is Rosa and I'm 40. I started piano at 7 but I've quit twice and then returned. In my 20s I got two music diplomas (Accompaniment and Theory & Composition) but I didn't finish piano which I really regret. Now life has given me a second chance (free time), so I'm thinking of giving it a try and becoming a kind of pro, learning repertoire and getting credentials through the ABRSM exam system.
I'm also recently embarked upon something challenging I always dreamt of: the 24 Chopin Etudes. I did some of them in the past (about 6) but the rest were new to me till now.
I'm already quite comfortable at Op.10, 1-9, and I expect I'll be able to play the
whole Op.10 series by Christmas (my own Christmas present this year :-) at relaxed slow tempo and enjoying phrasing.
I'm very happy to have joined your community and I'm sure I'll learn a lot from your experience and opinions, and in return I'll try to contribute with mine.
Rosa.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Welcome to the forums Rosa. Looking forward to hearing you playing the Chopin etudes! smile

Good to hear that you have more free time to spend on the piano.

Paul

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Thank you very much Paul, it's always nice to meet another Chopin-lover.
When I'm at the stage in which it's worth recording and listening, I'll post my version of the Etudes, for sure. :-)

T
T
Hi smile I'm Tamta, I'm very glad to join with you. Although, I'm lawyer, I like music, especially classical music and studying to play piano myself smile I listened "nightbook" by ludoviko Einaudi several days ago and decided to play it. But, it was different version from usual "nightbook" and I didn't find the notes...If any of you know where I may find the notes of this version, say me smile Give me some links or websites... thank smile

listen this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lYeRdtBoVw

V
V
Hi, I'm Veronica. I'm playing a piano all my life. It's the love of my life, but I had a break down some time ago after getting MA in piano. I'm not professional pianist now, I'm programmer (I studied computer sience also, I'll get MS soon). I don't regret my decision, because the carieer of professional pianist is very hard and for an avarange pianist it's imposible to make money for living without teaching. I don't like teaching children. I don't know now what can I do with my skills. Recently I started to record some easy pieces (from piano jam on reddit) and upload them on soundcloud. I have to work out what I'll do next with my playing.

S
S
Hi everyone

I've read the forums on and off for a while and decided to join. I'm a self-taught novice but am passionate about finally taking the piano seriously and progressing. I look forward to talking to you guys and learning.

Where should I start a thread about people's experience with buying online from Kawai's website? I'm looking to get the CA65 delivered, but want to know if you can schedule a time of delivery to make sure you're home.

Platinum Supporter until November 30 2022
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until November 30 2022
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Hi Saad -

Welcome !!

You should probably post your question in the Pianoworld Digital Pianos - Synths and Keyboards forum.......as opposed to the Pianists Corner forum.

Last edited by carey; 11/19/14 02:28 AM.

Mason and Hamlin BB - 91640
Kawai K-500 Upright
Kawai CA-65 Digital
Korg SP-100 Stage Piano
YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/pianophilo
J
J
Hi,
I'm a new member here. I'm a mom who never had a chance to learn an instrument. I now have 4 kids, three who play piano. The 4th is only a few months old so he has time before he starts. We have a golden era Steinway M in the music room, our portable digital and a PSO in the guest room. I have learned everything I know about music and pianos from observing my kids' lessons periodically over the last 6 years. Someday I plan on playing even!

M
M
Teaching myself piano and classical guitar in hopes of being able to teach my 3 year old daughter musical skills as she grows older. Or at least be able to learn together. Played tuba in elementary / jr high. Also working on composition, writing a chamber piece for guitar, recorder and cello.

Y
Y
Hi, I'm a beginner (without piano teachers in my past/present/future), self-taught, trying to learn my favorite piano pieces so I can enjoy them anytime.
Most interested in new age solos, ballads, some korean OST, usually music that can make me feel deep emotion when listening, emotion I hope to be able to transcribe in my playing someday.

P
P
Hi, I'm Jackie. I'm a piano teacher in Sydney and author of a couple of piano technique books. I have a special interest in helping people overcome their technical issues to become better pianists. I myself returned to piano at age 25 after a 10 year absence. I seriously wanted at the time to forge a career as a concert pianist, but my lack of understanding of piano technique at the time stopped me. If I had only known the things back then that I know today... In any case, I'm happy to have found this forum and look forward to chatting with members.

R
R
Hey, what's up?
This forum is very Nice! Discovered it while googling around wink
I'm a piano teacher so I just teach ^^
I am going to post harmony courses on my website. Stay tune! Please visit me via the link below wink

Piano teacher!
Want to improve your technique or sight-reading skills (never really found how to?)
Find real exercices on : http://www.royce-brival-argelier.com
Many more coming.
Love Scriabin-Mozart-Brahms-Beethoven
Working on Chopin's Waltzes (all)
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hi,

Things seem to be falling into place this year!

1. I found this forum
2. My mother gave me her old broke-down Hardman upright
3. I discovered iPad software that works with Acoustic Pianos! (DustBuster 2, Piano Maestro and Right Note Ear Trainer).

Thanks for the forum and all the wonderful info!

We are the music makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams.
Hello everyone!

This seems like a good place for my first post. I'm in my late twenties and just started learning the piano last November. I have a great teacher and I'm enjoying the journey so far. It's been fun lurking on here and I'm looking forward to joining in on the discussions.

**Van Cliburn Fan** | Van Cliburn on Youtube
P
P
Hi Everyone,

My name is Doreen Hall I am a piano teacher, who loves to play and write music for my students.
I really enjoy teaching and accompanying both children and adults. I also teach violin and voice. I am always looking for new ways to help my students improve there reading skills.

Doreen Hall www.palomapiano.com

Doreen Hall
www.palomapiano.com
C
C
Hi, I'm Catherine, I found this forum because it was mentionned in a book and thought it could be nice to talk to passionate of music people as I am.
I'm almost 16, and play the piano since i'm very young ; it's like a part of myself. I'm not sure yet if I want to have a professionnal career in music. Actually, no : I'm 100% sure that's what I want. I can't imagine myself elsewhere than with my piano. The only thing that makes me doubt, is : Will I be able to succeed in the music industry ? Is it worth it ? I've always had that dream, to be a conductor and creating soundtracks for movies, but then again : Is it impossible ? I mean, I live in Canada, in a small town, far away from anything... Plus, there's that school, the Juilliard School... I've always wanted to be a part of it, learning from the best, being with other good musicians. I mean, is it possible for it to happen ? It's been a couple of months I'm not playing very often, I even spent weeks without touching the piano, because the idea that my dreams are impossible, that I won't ever be able to share my music with the world, affected me in an unexplainable way.
Anyway, if you have any advice for me, please, say it to me, I'd be glad to have some help.
Thank you..:)

V
V

It really depends on your skill level, personality and luck. No one can tell you if you'll succeed. I didn't, but I've a friend who really did, even without going to Julliard. Your dreems about carieer shouldn't affect your love to music, be aware of that.

G
G
Hi all, I am George.
Recently joined the forum , i live in Greece. I am a computer freak......
I listen to music all my life (almost 44 now) , i 've thrown my self at the other side almost my accident.

Long story sort,some two years ago my daughter wanted to learn guitar.That moment i remembered that i always liked keys but never shat my ass down and try.
So i got a midi keyboard and started self learning (through books).
Some three months later i found a teacher (self learning was dead end) and got my first Yamaha MM6.
After some 6 months i got my digital piano (Yaamaha P105) and still trying to find my way.
I get better day by day, amazed how far i 've gone (can't believe i can do this).
Still newbie though

Page 39 of 54 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 53 54

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,189
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission