2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
60 members (AlkansBookcase, brdwyguy, 20/20 Vision, Charles Cohen, 36251, benkeys, clothearednincompo, bcalvanese, booms, 7 invisible), 1,903 guests, and 253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
The one thing I will add about the PX-350 (a few other Privia models): The USB recorder is very useful. The ability to throw in a standard USB drive, record your performance and play it back on the computer, iPhone, share it on Facebook, email, etc. is very handy.

My Privia has the USB recorder and I use it all the time. I just hit record and play away. Later, I will listen to what I played and it is surprising how much I pick up on that I didn't hear when I was playing. I have been able to improve my timing and phrasing a lot just from this critical listening.

A
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by Clumsy
Originally Posted by bnolsen

the px x60 series is out. it seems the action is identical to the x50 series. the electronics seem to include play along tracks, not sure if there's improvements in the piano samples.

It's gorgeous! I tried the 760 a few months ago. Felt like selling my AP-450 ASAP.

Assuming it is the PX-780 is that comparing them in the shops side by side or how you remember how the AP-450 sound at home, could be the room it was in ? btw I also recall comparing those on the shops and I did not have that impression at all. In the end they have the same speakers I think but the Celviano has a larger cabinet, which makes it sound a little bit richer IMO compared to the PX series in the smaller cabinet. Moreover the AP-450 has resonance included which really adds to the sound, the 780 doesn't have that, nor the lid simulator.

Unless you are interested in the bells and whistles like the extra sounds of the PX-780 the AP-450 piano is a more advanced piano with the added resonance and lid simulator. Not withstanding the extra polyphony of 128 versus 256. Anyway, both should be enough unless you are layering instruments I guess, or playing duets using the split keyboard feature on the same keybed perhaps 128 may be limiting.

You can compare the detailed specs here

http://www.casio.com/products/Digital_Pianos_%26_Keyboards/

Apart from the AP-650 with bigger speakers and extra features, for piano sound alone after that the AP-450 is the most advanced model in the Casio line, along with the PX-850 which is the same as the AP-450 just in the smaller cabinet.

Last edited by Alexander Borro; 12/08/14 02:49 PM.

Selftaught since June 2014.
Books: Barratt classic piano course bk 1,2,3. Humphries Piano handbook, various...
Kawai CA78, Casio AP450 & software pianos.
[Linked Image] 12x ABF recitals.
My struggles: https://soundcloud.com/alexander-borro
C
C
Thanks, Alexander.

Well, that the 780 has sought of amazed me (room acoustics or not, never mind), and having owned the 450 for a year and a half now, the sound I heard has inspired me to experiment more with my 450 settings, placement and room acoustics, and I'm staying with it.

It will be placed in my 'glass room' once it's cleaned up - 3 walls of glass doors, 1 side
concrete wall, tiled floor, 3x3 meters.

In fact, after the warranty is over, I even plan to split her up and play more with "whatever is inside the machine".

(Mat2, sorry for a bit of thread hijack. smile )

- Anirut J.
Out-of-tune mid 70's acoustic Bentley upright and Casio Celviano AP-450
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,293
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission