Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.7 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
What's Hot!!
Our December 2018 Piano Newsletter Is Here!
-------------------
European Tour for Piano Lovers
JOIN US FOR THE TOUR!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

ad
Pierce Piano Atlas


Who's Online Now
84 registered members (beeboss, bennevis, Alex C, anotherscott, barbaram, Beemer, Animisha, 20 invisible), 1,478 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Second Anniversary #2348684
11/11/14 04:47 PM
11/11/14 04:47 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,295
Australia
E
earlofmar Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
earlofmar  Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
E

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,295
Australia
Today I celebrate two years learning piano and like many I like to keep track of these special anniversaries as it gives an opportunity to reflect.

While the first year was difficult, full of new concepts, exercises and even some misgivings. The second year has been a less turbulent time and progress has been small but steady. There has been many highlights including playing my first Chopin pieces, these have easily outweighed the lows which I will just have get used to (the lot of the artiste laugh).

When I first started, those who were second year were playing marvelous works and sounded so mature and confident. I thought when I got here things would be clearer, I doubt they ever will. The possibilities of the future just get larger the clearer they become.


Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Re: Second Anniversary [Re: earlofmar] #2348689
11/11/14 04:59 PM
11/11/14 04:59 PM
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,352
south florida
JimF Offline
2000 Post Club Member
JimF  Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,352
south florida
Congrats on your pianoversary, Earlofmar. You are right....it seems the longer we work at this the more we understand how far we have to go. Nothing for it but to enjoy each moment as best we can.

thumb


Clair de Lune, C.Debussy
Tarantella, Pieczonka
Sonatine, No.2 Menuet - MRavel


Estonia L190 #7284[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Re: Second Anniversary [Re: earlofmar] #2348693
11/11/14 05:04 PM
11/11/14 05:04 PM
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 7,016
Italy
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
casinitaly  Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014


Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 7,016
Italy
Congratulations!

I know the feeling ..."the more I learn, the more I realize I have to learn" -- but it all adds up!

Enjoy the coming year (and many more) with your piano!


[Linked Image]
EPP 2018 Sank Goar, Germany

Re: Second Anniversary [Re: earlofmar] #2348698
11/11/14 05:12 PM
11/11/14 05:12 PM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,341
The Netherlands, Grootegast-Gr...
J
Johan B Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Johan B  Offline
2000 Post Club Member
J

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,341
The Netherlands, Grootegast-Gr...
Congrats.........wish you many, many happy piano-years.......

Cheers,
Johan B

Last edited by Johan B; 11/11/14 05:13 PM.

[Linked Image]
Kawai CA95SB (Previous:Yamaha CLP320PE & DGX620)
Motto's:
'Music is a way of living' & 'Nil volentibus arduum'
https://m.youtube.com/user/JohanBenjaminsMusic
Re: Second Anniversary [Re: Johan B] #2348711
11/11/14 05:28 PM
11/11/14 05:28 PM
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,182
First Town, First State
BrianDX Offline
2000 Post Club Member
BrianDX  Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,182
First Town, First State
Many congrats Earlofmar!

I think what you have in two short years cannot be understated.

There will always be prodigies out there; I wish them well. However, you cannot measure your progress against other folks.

For example, I think I'm doing pretty well at 14 months, however it is pretty obvious to me that even simple Chopin pieces will not be in the cards for me at 2 years unless something dramatically changes.

And yet.... There are other adults I know personally that have been studying in the 1-2 year range and are not as far along as me.

Just enjoy the journey. smile


Yamaha C2X | Yamaha M500-F
Groucho Marx: "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Curriculum: Faber Developing Artist (Book 3)
Current: German Dance in D Major (Haydn) (OF); Melody (Schumann) (OF)
Re: Second Anniversary [Re: earlofmar] #2348775
11/11/14 07:55 PM
11/11/14 07:55 PM
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,969
Midwest USA
Stubbie Offline
Gold Subscriber
Stubbie  Offline
Gold Subscriber

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,969
Midwest USA
Congratulations, earlofmar! Let's see, is the 2nd Year anniversary the Ivory Anniversary? Whoops, nix the ivory. Sorry. wink

"The possibilities of the future just get larger the clearer they become." The blessing and the curse of our piano endeavors. But ain't it fun?


[Linked Image]
Re: Second Anniversary [Re: earlofmar] #2348785
11/11/14 08:16 PM
11/11/14 08:16 PM
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 34
Portland, OR
P
pdxfz1 Offline
Full Member
pdxfz1  Offline
Full Member
P

Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 34
Portland, OR
Congratulation Earlofmar. Wishing you many more years of piano learning and enjoyment.

I am entering into my 4th months of lesson and hoping I will have the discipline and endurance to last 2 years.

Re: Second Anniversary [Re: earlofmar] #2348826
11/11/14 10:00 PM
11/11/14 10:00 PM
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 241
Upstate N.Y.
S
Silver Keys Offline
Full Member
Silver Keys  Offline
Full Member
S

Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 241
Upstate N.Y.
Congratulations on your 2-year pianoversary!


So much music and so little time!
-----------------------------------
1916 Mason & Hamlin BB
Yamaha P155
Re: Second Anniversary [Re: earlofmar] #2348828
11/11/14 10:05 PM
11/11/14 10:05 PM
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 395
upstate NY
zillybug Offline
Full Member
zillybug  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 395
upstate NY
Congratulations Earlofmar. Hope you have many more years of enjoying the piano. It sure is true though that the longer that we study, the more we realize how much we have to learn. I will be celebrating 4 years returning to the piano after 45 years this winter and loving every minute of it. That is so exciting that you are starting to play Chopin.


[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Re: Second Anniversary [Re: earlofmar] #2348852
11/11/14 11:21 PM
11/11/14 11:21 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,478
Santa Fe, NM
J
jotur Offline
Gold Level
jotur  Offline
Gold Level
J

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,478
Santa Fe, NM
thumb thumb

Two thumbs up smile

Cathy


Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Practice what you suck at - anonymous
Re: Second Anniversary [Re: earlofmar] #2348854
11/11/14 11:35 PM
11/11/14 11:35 PM
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,899
*sigh* Salt Lake City
malkin Offline
4000 Post Club Member
malkin  Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,899
*sigh* Salt Lake City
Sweet!

Many happy returns of the day!


I've been trying to change my signature quote for weeks.

Re: Second Anniversary [Re: malkin] #2348894
11/12/14 02:20 AM
11/12/14 02:20 AM
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,400
Costa del Sol
SwissMS Offline

2000 Post Club Member
SwissMS  Offline

2000 Post Club Member

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,400
Costa del Sol
Congratulations on your piananniversary! You have come a long way in two years.

Re: Second Anniversary [Re: earlofmar] #2348932
11/12/14 06:48 AM
11/12/14 06:48 AM
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,702
Kuwait
PhilipInChina Online content
3000 Post Club Member
PhilipInChina  Online Content
3000 Post Club Member

Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,702
Kuwait
I gave my teachers a big basket of fruit each on my first painoversary. What did you do?


Currently working towards "Twinkle twinkle little star"
Re: Second Anniversary [Re: PhilipInChina] #2348943
11/12/14 07:22 AM
11/12/14 07:22 AM
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,182
First Town, First State
BrianDX Offline
2000 Post Club Member
BrianDX  Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,182
First Town, First State
Crap! Why didn't I think of that two month ago for my first? shocked

Oh well, next September....


Yamaha C2X | Yamaha M500-F
Groucho Marx: "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Curriculum: Faber Developing Artist (Book 3)
Current: German Dance in D Major (Haydn) (OF); Melody (Schumann) (OF)
Re: Second Anniversary [Re: earlofmar] #2348965
11/12/14 08:15 AM
11/12/14 08:15 AM
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,129
Connecticut, USA
scorpio Offline
1000 Post Club Member
scorpio  Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,129
Connecticut, USA
Many happy returns.


Kawai MP11 : JBL LSR305 : Focusrite 2i4 : Pianoteq Standard

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Willy Wonka


[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Second Anniversary [Re: earlofmar] #2348985
11/12/14 09:11 AM
11/12/14 09:11 AM
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 591
Italy
torquenale Offline
500 Post Club Member
torquenale  Offline
500 Post Club Member

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 591
Italy
Congratulation Earlofmar! smile
I hope you will celebrate many many more pianoversaries!


[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Second Anniversary [Re: earlofmar] #2348998
11/12/14 09:51 AM
11/12/14 09:51 AM
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,769
Italy
sinophilia Offline

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
sinophilia  Offline

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014


Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,769
Italy
Congratulations earlofmar. You're without doubt one of the most passionate and committed members of this forum, and I always find it stimulating to read about the pieces you're working on and the things you've learned.


Diana & Wally - Yamaha W110BW
To create a beautiful sound, one must imagine it at first and then learn to produce fluid physical motions that breathe life into music. (Shirley Kirsten)
http://soundcloud.com/sinophilia - http://youtube.com/sinophilia
Re: Second Anniversary [Re: earlofmar] #2348999
11/12/14 09:52 AM
11/12/14 09:52 AM
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 300
Austin, Texas
A
ajames Offline

Gold Supporter until July 24 2015
ajames  Offline

Gold Supporter until July 24 2015

A

Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 300
Austin, Texas
Congrats Earlofmar! At 1.5 yrs I think I know what you mean- The path ahead gets a little clearer- but then you see how long it really is! It really is all about enjoying the journey.


[Linked Image]
Re: Second Anniversary [Re: ajames] #2349038
11/12/14 10:48 AM
11/12/14 10:48 AM
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,182
First Town, First State
BrianDX Offline
2000 Post Club Member
BrianDX  Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,182
First Town, First State
Originally Posted by ajames
Congrats Earlofmar! At 1.5 yrs I think I know what you mean- The path ahead gets a little clearer- but then you see how long it really is! It really is all about enjoying the journey.

Exactly correct! At 1.25 years I agree with everything you said.


Yamaha C2X | Yamaha M500-F
Groucho Marx: "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Curriculum: Faber Developing Artist (Book 3)
Current: German Dance in D Major (Haydn) (OF); Melody (Schumann) (OF)
Re: Second Anniversary [Re: sinophilia] #2349425
11/13/14 02:11 AM
11/13/14 02:11 AM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,295
Australia
E
earlofmar Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
earlofmar  Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
E

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,295
Australia
Originally Posted by sinophilia
Congratulations earlofmar. You're without doubt one of the most passionate and committed members of this forum, and I always find it stimulating to read about the pieces you're working on and the things you've learned.


You are too kind sinophilia, I just love piano as I know you do as well which explains my passion. I understand we won't be hearing from you in the upcoming recital which is too bad, I always like to hear what you have been up to, so don't go missing anymore please smile


Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Re: Second Anniversary [Re: earlofmar] #2349474
11/13/14 07:08 AM
11/13/14 07:08 AM
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,048
Lisbon, Portugal
CarlosCC Offline
2000 Post Club Member
CarlosCC  Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,048
Lisbon, Portugal
Congratulations earlofmar thumb
I'm going to do 5 years in a couple of weeks, and I think I'm still a true beginner. I juts try to follow my instincts.
Unfortunately I don't have a teacher to offer a gift frown


[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Self-taught since Dec2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."
Re: Second Anniversary [Re: earlofmar] #2349475
11/13/14 07:19 AM
11/13/14 07:19 AM
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,769
Italy
sinophilia Offline

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
sinophilia  Offline

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014


Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,769
Italy
Originally Posted by earlofmar

You are too kind sinophilia, I just love piano as I know you do as well which explains my passion. I understand we won't be hearing from you in the upcoming recital which is too bad, I always like to hear what you have been up to, so don't go missing anymore please smile


I just put one of my bad recordings on soundcloud, in case you miss me grin


Diana & Wally - Yamaha W110BW
To create a beautiful sound, one must imagine it at first and then learn to produce fluid physical motions that breathe life into music. (Shirley Kirsten)
http://soundcloud.com/sinophilia - http://youtube.com/sinophilia
Re: Second Anniversary [Re: earlofmar] #2349478
11/13/14 07:33 AM
11/13/14 07:33 AM
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,267
Belgium
johan d Offline
1000 Post Club Member
johan d  Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,267
Belgium
Congrats earlofmar

Last edited by johan d; 11/13/14 08:03 AM.
Re: Second Anniversary [Re: earlofmar] #2349485
11/13/14 07:47 AM
11/13/14 07:47 AM
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 529
India
N
noobpianist90 Offline
500 Post Club Member
noobpianist90  Offline
500 Post Club Member
N

Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 529
India
Congrats earlofmar!
How fortunate for all of you who remember the day you started smile

Re: Second Anniversary [Re: sinophilia] #2349500
11/13/14 08:32 AM
11/13/14 08:32 AM
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,129
Connecticut, USA
scorpio Offline
1000 Post Club Member
scorpio  Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,129
Connecticut, USA
Originally Posted by sinophilia
I just put one of my bad recordings on soundcloud, in case you miss me grin
Your comment is hysterical. I completely agree with earlofmar, "I always like to hear what you have been up to." (same goes for you too, earlofmar). And, sinophilia, your J.S. Bach Bourrée in E minor is fantastic! Goodness, that should go right into the recital!

sinophilia and earlofmar, you both are an inspiration, and I appreciate your contributions on a daily basis.


Kawai MP11 : JBL LSR305 : Focusrite 2i4 : Pianoteq Standard

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Willy Wonka


[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Second Anniversary [Re: sinophilia] #2349660
11/13/14 02:53 PM
11/13/14 02:53 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,295
Australia
E
earlofmar Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
earlofmar  Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
E

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,295
Australia
Originally Posted by sinophilia
Originally Posted by earlofmar

You are too kind sinophilia, I just love piano as I know you do as well which explains my passion. I understand we won't be hearing from you in the upcoming recital which is too bad, I always like to hear what you have been up to, so don't go missing anymore please smile


I just put one of my bad recordings on soundcloud, in case you miss me grin


Soundcloud did not want to play the Bach for me so instead I listened again to your excellent Tchaikovsky - In Church, fantastic mood you gave that piece.


Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Re: Second Anniversary [Re: CarlosCC] #2349665
11/13/14 03:08 PM
11/13/14 03:08 PM
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 212
United Kingdom
Alex MacPhee Offline
Full Member
Alex MacPhee  Offline
Full Member

Joined: May 2014
Posts: 212
United Kingdom
Originally Posted by CarlosCC

Unfortunately I don't have a teacher to offer a gift

Ho ho! I keep my teacher sweet by occasionally taking little gifts! Sometime I bake biscuits and take her some, sometimes I make ice cream and take some of that too. It's just like being back at school ...

Re: Second Anniversary [Re: scorpio] #2349882
11/14/14 12:24 AM
11/14/14 12:24 AM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,295
Australia
E
earlofmar Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
earlofmar  Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
E

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,295
Australia
Originally Posted by scorpio


sinophilia and earlofmar, you both are an inspiration, and I appreciate your contributions on a daily basis.


thankyou scorpio that is a really nice sentiment.

sinophilia, I finally got soundcloud to work and listened to your Bach Bourree which was very good. I think you should have submitted that to the recital but I know with my Bach pieces I never want to submit them until perfect and feel a bit of regret having submitted some really average Bach works.


Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Re: Second Anniversary [Re: earlofmar] #2349952
11/14/14 05:44 AM
11/14/14 05:44 AM
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 25
C
Coconutyoghurt Offline
Full Member
Coconutyoghurt  Offline
Full Member
C

Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 25
Congratulations on two years of pianism!

I can't wait until I join the two-year club (if there is such a thing smile.

Re: Second Anniversary [Re: Coconutyoghurt] #2349958
11/14/14 06:00 AM
11/14/14 06:00 AM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,295
Australia
E
earlofmar Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
earlofmar  Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
E

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,295
Australia
Originally Posted by Coconutyoghurt
Congratulations on two years of pianism!

I can't wait until I join the two-year club (if there is such a thing smile.



there definitely is such a club and I hope you are still here and posting when it happens


Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  BB Player 

Shop Our Online Store!
Shop Our Store Online
Shop PianoSupplies.com

Did you know Piano World has an online store, and that it's loaded with goodies pianists and music lovers want?
Check it out and place your order.

Special Purchase!
Keyboard and Roses Piano Bench Cushion Keyboard & Roses 14"x30" piano bench cushions Regularly sold for $79 to $100, now only $39. (while supplies last)

(ad)
Sweetwater - Keyboards
Sweetwater
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Steinway v Mason and Hamlin
by Grandman. 12/19/18 04:50 AM
USB Soundcard for use with Keyscape
by Hr.. 12/19/18 04:39 AM
Trying toi price a Schafer & Sons
by JETinCA. 12/19/18 12:09 AM
Pipe Organ on Entry-level DP's
by gerhard_k. 12/18/18 10:53 PM
NU1X Bluetooth in US
by oneilt130. 12/18/18 09:39 PM
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Petrof
Forum Statistics
Forums40
Topics189,003
Posts2,772,841
Members91,805
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Please Support Our Advertisers
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Sweetwater

PianoTeq Petrof
Piano Buyer Spring 2018
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers


 
Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
 
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |


copyright 1997 - 2018 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.2