2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
60 members (danno858, BadSanta, danbot3, Animisha, Burkhard, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 11 invisible), 1,818 guests, and 265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
OP Offline
T
Question to Kawai ES100 owners.
Is it possible to "move" splitting point in Split Mode?
If yes, how?

Here is user manual
http://www.kawaius.com/main_links/digital/ES100/OM/KPSZ-0653_ES100_EN_R100.pdf
Page 16 says about split mode. But not a word about a splitting point (the key on keyboard where ends one voice and begins another).

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
tower120, I do not believe it is possible to set the split point on the ES100.

I did not work on the ES100 owner's manual, so can only assume that this is an explanation error. I shall inform my colleagues that the mistake needs to be addressed.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
D
D
The ES100 features Split Mode. Although not explicitly documented, the split point appears to be fixed. The user interface described on pages 16 (Split Mode) and 59 (Operations Guide) of the ES100 Owner’s Guide supports adjustment of the sounds and volume balance but provides no way of changing the split point. In that case, the references to storing the split point in registration memory (on page 19) or user memory (on page 47) would seem to be in error.

Note: The lack of adjustable split points would be consistent with lower priced models. The KDP90 and CN24/25 feature Four Hands Mode rather than Split Mode and their split points are fixed. However, higher end models, such as the ES7, CN34/35 and CA65/95, feature both Split Mode and Four Hands Mode with adjustable split points.

R
R
Hi James

I hope you can help

I have just had an ES100 delivered and I am really delighted. However, the manual is not very clear and I am struggling to use Split mode at all fixed or not! The quality of the instrument is superb for the price but the editing is far from intuitive and the manual should IMO do a better job of giving instruction.

V
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
V
Rusco, you're right, it's not very clear. To make things easier with splits, I've saved them to the registration memories.

The manual also says that you can save the speaker on/off function to the system memory, but that is also erroneous.

"you don't need to have been a rabbit in order to become a veterinarian"

mabraman, 2015
Hello Rusco,

The ES100's operations can be a little challenging, due to the limited number of panel buttons, while some explanations in the owner's manual could have perhaps been written a little more clearly.

I have just checked the 'Split' procedure, which is as follows:

First, select the sound you wish to use for the top (treble) section using the panel buttons as normal, then:

1. Press and hold either the PIANO, E.PIANO/ORGAN, or OTHERS sound buttons, depending on the sound you wish to use for the bottom (bass) section.
2. While holding the button, press the bottom most C# key (it should not make a sound)
3. While still holding the button, press the key corresponding to the sound you wish to use for the bottom (bass) section, as shown on the operation guide (again, it should not make a sound).
4. Release the button.

The keyboard should now be split in two, with one sound in the treble section, and a different sound in the bass section.

It's perhaps worth noting that you can skip step 3 above to quickly select the Wood Bass sound for the bottom section.

As noted above, it is unfortunately not possible to adjust the position of the 'Split' point.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
R
R
Thanks Guys that's very helpful.

I am really happy with the instrument overall James. I don't need tons of control of parameters as I like the stock sounds but for inspiration it is nice to have a few goto splits.

Good suggestion about saving them to registers voxpops, I'll do that.

Thanks again.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission