2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
59 members (Animisha, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 1200s, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Alex Hutor, AndyOnThePiano2, 12 invisible), 1,866 guests, and 260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
Paul678 Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
P
This is a C6 Yamaha.

About how much would it cost?

P
Paul678 Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
P
2390 views, and no one has any idea at all??!?

cry

Platinum Supporter until December 31, 2022
9000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until December 31, 2022
9000 Post Club Member
Moving mine from Philly to Northern Virginia cost $600. Same crew picked it up one day and delivered it the next. Probably the best thing you could do is call a couple piano movers for quotes.

Search US techs by Zip Code
“If it sounds good, it IS good.” ― Duke Ellington!

J
J
I do not think many Piano Movers frequent the forums. Try calling one - the person who delivered my piano 3 years ago from California to Colorado is based in Arizona. He did a great job for me. Greg Gerber from Arizona Piano Movers. If I remember correctly he told us a story of moving a piano into an apartment in New York - maybe they still move cross country.

E
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
E
It depends on a lot of things like pick up and delivery location, how many steps, fuel prices, etc. Best way to find out is to start calling around.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Paul, a while back I was interested in a 6'3" grand piano listed on eBay; the piano was located several states away, probably 800 miles. I got a quote from a long-distance piano moving company for about $1300, which I thought was fair, considering the distance. The move included complete break-down and set up on both ends.

Of course, the bids went higher than what I was willing to pay for the piano...

If you'd like, PM me and I'll give you the name of the company.

Hope that helps...

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
I am one of the people who has viewed but not commented.

I live in Sichuan so, of course, can advise you accurately on the cost of moving your piano.

Contact a couple of piano movers and get quotes. That is the only way you are ever going to know.

Currently working towards "Twinkle twinkle little star"
Platinum Subscriber
Platinum Subscriber
There are two ways to move the piano - door to door - which would probably cost around $2000.00 to $3000.00. That is a vague ballpark which would change depending on the actual move and how many other moves can be "linked" with yours.

The other way is cheaper, but a little more risky. A local mover could bring the piano to their loading dock and some one like Keyboard Carriage could take it to another local mover with a loading dock. That mover could then make the final delivery. The cost could be 60% of the direct delivery, but if it arrives with a problem then there are three people who will all say it was another guy (been there, done that).

I hope that helps.

Rich Galassini
Cunningham Piano Company
Visit one of our four locations
(215) 991-0834 direct
rich@cunninghampiano.com
Learn more about the Matchless Cunningham
Gold Subscriber
Gold Subscriber
Don't want to alarm you, and this was a case with an international border crossing, but ....

Keyboard Carriage does know how to handle pianos for shipment but, as Rich said, they deliver only from dealer to dealer (with a loading dock) and they do not have men on their truck to load and unload. That is the responsibility of the dealer at either end.

Keyboard Carriage picked up my piano from the dealership in Philadelphia, destined for dealer in Victoria, BC. The piano's whereabouts after it left Philadelphia remained a mystery to me and to the dealer for six months when, it appears, it was "found" in a warehouse in southern California.

At the time, Keyboard Carriage did not have an active website and they did not seem to have an office with a telephone that anyone would answer. It was virtually impossible to get information on the piano's whereabouts.

Then, and only with the intervention of Dr. Indrek Laul, was my piano shipped from California to Vancouver (Keyboard Carriage doesn't deliver to Victoria on Vancouver Island. I learned that only after the piano was shipped!) It arrived in Vancouver on the only day of the week when the designated dealer with a loading dock did not have staff to off-load the piano, in spite of specific instructions to Keyboard Carriage, but the quick-thinking dealer (otherwise the piano would have gone back across the border with Keyboard Carriage!) called a local storage company who accepted the piano and unloaded it from Keyboard Carriage's truck.

Then, after another three weeks in storage in Vancouver, the piano was delivered to me seven months after it left Philadelphia.

Cost of shipment : Philadelphia to Vancouver, $750.00; Vancouver to Victoria : $700.00 - and no charge for the California warehousing! We won't even talk about import duties, but since the piano was manufactured in Europe, NAFTA (North America Freed Trade Agreement) regulations did not apply.

Only those piano lovers who have eagerly awaited the delivery of the piano of their choosing can appreciate the angst that this situation caused!

Regards,

BruceD
- - - - -
Estonia 190
Az. to NY. I'd be worried more about the mortgage than the cost of the piano move.

Platinum Subscriber
Platinum Subscriber
Originally Posted by BruceD
Don't want to alarm you, and this was a case with an international border crossing, but ....

Keyboard Carriage does know how to handle pianos for shipment but, as Rich said, they deliver only from dealer to dealer (with a loading dock) and they do not have men on their truck to load and unload. That is the responsibility of the dealer at either end.

Keyboard Carriage picked up my piano from the dealership in Philadelphia, destined for dealer in Victoria, BC. The piano's whereabouts after it left Philadelphia remained a mystery to me and to the dealer for six months when, it appears, it was "found" in a warehouse in southern California.

At the time, Keyboard Carriage did not have an active website and they did not seem to have an office with a telephone that anyone would answer. It was virtually impossible to get information on the piano's whereabouts.

Then, and only with the intervention of Dr. Indrek Laul, was my piano shipped from California to Vancouver (Keyboard Carriage doesn't deliver to Victoria on Vancouver Island. I learned that only after the piano was shipped!) It arrived in Vancouver on the only day of the week when the designated dealer with a loading dock did not have staff to off-load the piano, in spite of specific instructions to Keyboard Carriage, but the quick-thinking dealer (otherwise the piano would have gone back across the border with Keyboard Carriage!) called a local storage company who accepted the piano and unloaded it from Keyboard Carriage's truck.

Then, after another three weeks in storage in Vancouver, the piano was delivered to me seven months after it left Philadelphia.

Cost of shipment : Philadelphia to Vancouver, $750.00; Vancouver to Victoria : $700.00 - and no charge for the California warehousing! We won't even talk about import duties, but since the piano was manufactured in Europe, NAFTA (North America Freed Trade Agreement) regulations did not apply.

Only those piano lovers who have eagerly awaited the delivery of the piano of their choosing can appreciate the angst that this situation caused!

Regards,

Bruce,

I knew there were bumps in that move, but I don't think I ever knew the whole story. I am so sorry you went through that.

Rich Galassini
Cunningham Piano Company
Visit one of our four locations
(215) 991-0834 direct
rich@cunninghampiano.com
Learn more about the Matchless Cunningham

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission