2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
32 members (admodios, busa, Cominut, drumour, Foxtrot3, crab89, EVC2017, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, 6 invisible), 1,164 guests, and 273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
I am so jealous for the shoes. They all look so comfortable and functional, and like they'll last forever. My kind of shoes.

Cathy

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
Overseas holidays I have had in the past are long forgotten but the shoes I bought serve as reminders I was there.

Surprisingly easy, barely an inconvenience.

Kawai K8 & Kawai Novus NV10

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
R

Silver Supporter until April 24 2014
2000 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until April 24 2014
2000 Post Club Member
R
I am impressed that you can actually buy flat shoes there. No heel. That isn't easy to find these days. I can't take heels anymore. Wear Five Finger's mostly.

Ron
Your brain is a sponge. Keep it wet. Mary Gae George
The focus of your personal practice is discipline. Not numbers. Scott Sonnon
S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by rnaple
I am impressed that you can actually buy flat shoes there. No heel. That isn't easy to find these days. I can't take heels anymore. Wear Five Finger's mostly.

My piano teacher actually recommended this morning that I buy flat shoes with soft soles for the pedal. He doesn't like my clogs. The open backs or the fact that they have slight heals. smile

Originally Posted by Greener
Yes, unfortunately this will be my final report from beautiful Portugal. I'll be heading back to the big smoke in ... a few hours.

I wish I was staying longer. I could not have asked for more in a vacation. Everyone I met was very nice. The cities clean, I felt safe, excellent food and perfect weather my entire stay. Lastly, all very reasonably priced. If you've never been ... I highly recommend.

This trip has also solidified many new friendships a half a world away. Thank you again Carlos and Ana for another fabulous day in Lisbon. I managed to make it to Liberdade for my third pair of "Made in Portugal" shoes, just before closing laugh .

What a tremendous time I have had. I just hope now that I can make it more EPP's like this one.

(Images removed to save quoting)

Awesome Greener, you got to have a play on the red piano too! fun no? smile Carlos and his family are simply amazing, as are the rest of you folks who visited, thanks for making it so enjoyable! missing it all already frown

Last edited by UKIkarus; 07/13/14 07:54 AM.

Yamaha MOX8 Synthesizer

[Linked Image]
G

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014
2000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014
2000 Post Club Member
G
I'm back in Toronto now. They didn't wake me up when they said they would, when I was leaving this morning. Plus, I had to arrange to Mail a TV remote back to Algarve that I accidentally stole from the room in Lagos. It was driving me crazy when I left Lagos. The cab driver had to settle me down over it, when he was taking me to the train station. And Carlos too after I got to Lisbon. All fine now though ... laugh . It was last call for my flight by the time I made it to my gate.
Originally Posted by jotur
I am so jealous for the shoes. They all look so comfortable and functional, and like they'll last forever. My kind of shoes.

Thanks, Cathy. I was debating on this final pair as I was already quite loaded. But, there was a pair I saw the week before that I wanted to see again. I saw these and liked them more. I asked for a size 40 or 42, but they didn't have either. I tried the display model and they fit perfectly. I didn't even try both of them on in the store. They were closing and when they finally found the other shoe, I paid and left quickly. They remembered me from the week before. I think they liked me. I bought all pairs in the same shop smile .

Now that I have them home, I am really glad I got this last pair. You're right about comfort and practical (for me anyway). I like them all.

Well, you may just have to make it to next EPP I suppose cool .
Originally Posted by UKIkarus

Awesome Greener, you got to have a play on the red piano too! fun no? smile ...

I really liked this piano, Daryl. Was it baby grand? I think a little larger. Anyway, wow. What a sound. That low octave D really shakes hands when you nail it solid. It was very nice after nearly two weeks without much piano at all. A very nice instrument to play, indeed.

Originally Posted by Greener
I'm back in Toronto now. They didn't wake me up when they said they would, when I was leaving this morning. Plus, I had to arrange to Mail a TV remote back to Algarve that I accidentally stole from the room in Lagos. It was driving me crazy when I left Lagos. The cab driver had to settle me down over it, when he was taking me to the train station. And Carlos too after I got to Lisbon. All fine now though ... laugh . It was last call for my flight by the time I made it to my gate.
Originally Posted by jotur

Thanks, Cathy. I was debating on this final pair as I was already quite loaded. But, there was a pair I saw the week before that I wanted to see again. I saw these and liked them more. I asked for a size 40 or 42, but they didn't have either. I tried the display model and they fit perfectly. I didn't even try both of them on in the store. They were closing and when they finally found the other shoe, I paid and left quickly. They remembered me from the week before. I think they liked me. I bought all pairs in the same shop smile .

Now that I have them home, I am really glad I got this last pair. You're right about comfort and practical (for me anyway). I like them all.

Well, you may just have to make it to next EPP I suppose cool .
Originally Posted by UKIkarus

Awesome Greener, you got to have a play on the red piano too! fun no? smile ...

I really liked this piano, Daryl. Was it baby grand? I think a little larger. Anyway, wow. What a sound. That low octave D really shakes hands when you nail it solid. It was very nice after nearly two weeks without much piano at all. A very nice instrument to play, indeed.

Haha, I ended up leaving with my hotel room key until I tried to use it at the metro station and did a quick U turn laugh I loved the piano yes, certainly had a nice bass to it and really did have some power if you wanted to bring it out.

I gave it a bit of a whirl with some improvisations from soft to fairly loud sections but didn't want to cause any trouble after that haha, needless to say I got a few thumbs up and some smiles so all good!

Last edited by UKIkarus; 07/14/14 05:23 AM.

Yamaha MOX8 Synthesizer

[Linked Image]
B
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
B
It's been an absolute pleasure to read this thread. Congratulations CarlosCC (and Ana) for organising such a successful EPP, and well done to all the particpants for making the journey. Delighted to hear that such a good time was had by all.

[Linked Image]
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I sure wish I could have gone to this! I was only a few hours away by car but there was no way to come. frown

Looks like everybody had a great time.

And I can see at least several pasteis de nata were consumed. I was in Lisbon not too long ago and waited in a very long line for this at Casa Pasteis De Belem. For good reason!

Next one!

2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Greener - It was really nice to play with you that red piano. And the shoes are real nice, too!

jotur, earlfomar, rnaple and Starr Keys - The industry of shoes has a significant importance in portuguese economy. We have all the kinds, sizes and prices. And they are good, yes.

barbaram - Thanks! thumb

TwoSnowflakes - Really? A few hours by car...? What a pity; maybe next time.

Yesterday we went to dinner with torquenale and family at a restaurante near the Tejo river, Belem area. At the end we ate a "Pastel de Nata" in the "Casa Pasteis De Belem" - it was here that was created the cake -. So, we delight ourselves with the original "Pastel de Nata". smile
I think torquenale will post some pictures of our visit to Belem.

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Self-taught since Dec2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I was in Madrid! The last time I drove to Lisbon, it took about five hours.

I spent that particular weekend, however, in León. Lovely meal at a fantastic restaurant for buey (steakhouse) called El Capricho. Some pasteis would have been a terrific dessert!

I drove about halfway to Badajoz this past weekend to drop the kids off at their summer camp but alas, no EPP to entice me to keep driving.

I'm in Philadelphia as of last night, with some serious jet lag to show for it.

2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by TwoSnowflakes
I drove about halfway to Badajoz this past weekend to drop the kids off at their summer camp but alas, no EPP to entice me to keep driving.

Badajoz is in the border between Portugal and Spain. More 2 hours by car and you are in Lisbon... So, you missed EPP2014 by only one week... frown

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Back home...
I had a great time in portugal, both in Lisbon and in Algarve. Husband and kids were very happy too.

It looks everything of EPP has already been covered... great pictures posted here.
I just want to share a couple of the last evening with Carlos; the location was beautiful and the light at dinner time just magic:

[Linked Image]

Me with Ana and Carlos (and one of the kids):

[Linked Image]

After dinner we past the Mosteiro dos Jeronimos to reach the old pastelaria "Pasteis de Belem":

[Linked Image]

The view when we came back to the car:

[Linked Image]

Lisbon is really a wonderful city and we spent great time with Carlos and Ana.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Very nice pictures, torquenale! Thanks for sharing thumb

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
Thanks, torquenale, for giving us another sense of the party/venue. All this and piano, too! Or maybe, all that piano and this, too!

Cathy

Cathy
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member
Love the extra pictures from Greener and Torquenale!

What memories we all have of this great event and adventure!

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
I've some videos I want to share, but they are not so good as you may think: the quality is bad, and there isn't a single piece completely recorded frown

I don't know if someone else has other videos, but I'd like to see them before choosing what to publish. So, if you have any video you want to share, just send me an email with it.
Thanks.

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I have two more pictures: Carlos and Ana at EPP.

Thanks again, dear friends!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
A

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013
500 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013
500 Post Club Member
A
I think it's so awesome that everyone got to meet up for this.. Looks like all had a fantastic time. And what a gracious host! Carlos, well done!
I want to be a European party goer!

Did anyone manage to get any videos of playing at all? I'd be interested in seeing anything we might have.

Yamaha MOX8 Synthesizer

[Linked Image]
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,179
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission