2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
70 members (Barly, 1957, btcomm, brennbaer, Animisha, bobrunyan, 1200s, 36251, 13 invisible), 1,912 guests, and 351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
More from Fernando (set#2)

:: casinitaly
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

:: Greener - No, he's not singing smile Greener is telling a story about one of his pieces.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

:: patH
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

:: Joana (CarlosCC's daughter)
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

More later!

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Self-taught since Dec2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."
B
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
B
Wow! What fun!

Great pictures too. It appears this one sets the bar way high for any future piano parties.

Great job organizing and hosting Carlos. It obviously took an enormous amount of work and from the smiles on everyones faces it certainly appears a good time was had by all!

Greg
F

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013
2000 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013
2000 Post Club Member
F
It looks great! Cheryl and Doris I miss you guys. I wish I could get out there someday again. Love the way Europeans can go to other countries so easily! It's almost like going to different states here.

J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
The "portraits" are great. I love that sly look on casinitaly's face - did she have to moderate you guys?

CarlosCC - your daughter is beautiful - takes after her mom, eh?

What a nice set of photos.

Cathy

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
It looks like it was a grand time. Congrats Carlos for a well planned party, very elegant while retaining a casual air. I have seen enough of good pictures now that I would recognize most of you on sight am I ever fortunate enough to attend one of these parties across the pond. I also very much enjoyed the pictures of the city and landmarks.

I am sooo looking forward to hearing the performance recordings. Everyone looks so happy. Just lovely really! 3hearts

Ragdoll

At first, she only flew when she thought no one was watching.

[Linked Image]
R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
CarlosCC - your daughter is beautiful ...

And what a smile!! Really have enjoyed this thread/pics Carlos ... nice work putting it together!!

Rerun

"Seat of the pants piano player" DMD

[Linked Image]

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Hi! I'm in Algarve now, enjoying the wonderful sandy beaches and great food (I've just eaten sardinha assada....mmmmmm).
I will not be able to edit my pictures and upload something for the next ten days, but for the moment I want to thank Carlos and his fantastic family for having organised such a perfect EPP. Your hospitality is wonderful!
And thanks to all the other participants for having made it a very special day!

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
The consensus is in.....

[Linked Image]

What a nice looking group of Pianists!

Congrats to all the EPP'ers...looks like it was a very successful event. Keep this up you guys and you will start dragging people in from all over the planet.

Great job CarlosCC! The venue looks perfect, and I'm really interested to hear more about that piano.

Liebestraum 3, Liszt
Standchen-Schubert/Liszt arr
Sonata Pathetique-Adagio LVB
Estonia L190 #7284[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
SwissMS, BB Player, jotur and FarmGirl - Thanks for your kind words!

Ragdoll- I'm afraid there are not too many videos... we were enjoying so much the party that we forgot to record most of the players...

jotur, Rerun - Joana loved your comments smile Me too! Thanks!

torquenale - Have a nice vacations in Algarve thumb

JimF - Thanks! What do you want to know about the piano...?

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Just realized: A few of my pictures aren't that bad after all.
Here are a few.

Lisbon, seen from Castle S.Jorge
[Linked Image]

Castle S.Jorge, seen from Lisbon
[Linked Image]

Drawing in subway station (lots of famous people; unfortunately, I don't know who the pianist is)
[Linked Image]

My grand piano is a Yamaha C2 SG.
My other Yamaha is an XMAX 300.
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by patH

Drawing in subway station (lots of famous people; unfortunately, I don't know who the pianist is)
[Linked Image]

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing patH!

The pianist is Maria João Pires, a brilliant Portuguese pianist.
"Gramophone selected her recordings of the Chopin nocturnes as the best version available"
Here is some additional info: Wikipedia: Maria João Pires

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hi Pat - if only NYC Subway stations were as nice - they are trying.

Carlos, you know how to give a party - everyone looks so happy and enjoying their time together.

All of you will have so many happy memories. Love the pictures.

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Wow, what a great thread. Carlos, your the man! I mean handmade drawings for all the guests... who does that? That's incredible.

It looks like the combination of great attendees along with a lot of thoughtful planning really paid off.

I agree with BB Player that it will be very difficult to top the 2014 EPP, but I look at it as an incredible incentive for more to come.

I loved all the pics and stories. Great stuff from you guys.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Carlos I'd love to hear Maria Joao Pires play - maybe she'll perform in NY soon.

I agree with Mr. Super-Hunky and all the other Posters - good show.

S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
I don't ever remember seeing pictures like this of a piano party on Piano World. You feel like you're there! What a gift CarlosCC gave to the members who were lucky enough to attend. I look forward to hearing the audio portion.

If Cas ever hosts a party in Rome, please let me know. I traveled from Germany to Italy once, made it to Florence and Venice but ran out of money as soon as I got to Rome and had to wire my parents for money and go home. I always promised myself I'd go back some day.

Last edited by Starr Keys; 07/08/14 12:40 AM.
Ok so I managed to login on the mobile, still in Lisbon at the moment myself and I have to say I'm really going to miss being here, from the get go Carlos met us at the airport and ensured everyone was happy and knew where they needed to be.
The other members were very supportive and helpful in every aspect of the trip from getting around to playing a few pieces on the piano, I really can't thank you all enough you have been great and it was a pleasure meting you all!

The party was brilliant, Carlos and Ana really did go that step further to make it a trip to remember, as most of you have seen from the pictures shared so far, there were many happy folks lots of smiles and a good few laughs too I want to thank carlos and Ana for everything they have done it has been great fun and everyone really enjoyed it.

As for me I'm going to visit Sintra today thanks to some recommendations, and I'll be sure to get some pics too.
As shown on previous pictures Ana and Carlos had a few surprises for us all from the cake to the gift bags and more but for me it doesn't end there, Carlos and Ana went one step further to really make this a trip to remember!

I'd love to explain and give pics but at the time my phone had died and i have no external camera, however Carlos has a few pics and should be able to give an explanation for you all.

The location was great, the people were great and I really couldn't have asked for a better first trip, so again thank you all so much, its been amazing and truly an adventure I'll not soon forget smile

Yamaha MOX8 Synthesizer

[Linked Image]

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member
We got home quite late last night, and I'll upload some pics today - I am not at all sure what I've got that is different from everything already posted but we'll see!

Carlos, again - thanks a million - the work you went to in bringing this off so beautifully is greatly appreciated by one and all!

Just as a note, I'd be happy to host an Italian EPP, but as I live near Milan, I'm not likely to host a party in Rome smile

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
musdan, Mr Super-Hunky - Thanks for your kind words. Believe me, it was a pleasure to organize this event and we (me and Ana) are very happy that everyone enjoy it. And thank you to everyone who made the trip to be with us in Lisbon.

Starr Keys - Thanks. As I said above, I have some few videos to post, but I've to choose some more pictures to publish first.

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
casinitaly - Thank you, again! Looking forward to see your pictures and read your stories.

Originally Posted by UKIkarus
(...)As for me I'm going to visit Sintra today thanks to some recommendations, and I'll be sure to get some pics too.
As shown on previous pictures Ana and Carlos had a few surprises for us all from the cake to the gift bags and more but for me it doesn't end there, Carlos and Ana went one step further to really make this a trip to remember!
I'd love to explain and give pics but at the time my phone had died and i have no external camera, however Carlos has a few pics and should be able to give an explanation for you all.

The location was great, the people were great and I really couldn't have asked for a better first trip, so again thank you all so much, its been amazing and truly an adventure I'll not soon forget smile

Yes, I think it will be on our minds forever smile

And now, for those who thought the EPP was over:
Once UKIkarus was alone in Lisbon today - other pianists returned home or went to Algarve -, I invited him to have a dinner with me at my home. Before the dinner we went to the Myriad Hotel in Lisbon where there is a very nice Yamaha red piano - this is a Yamaha Disklavier (Elton John Limited Edition Signature Series Red Pianos) and it was designed and fine tuned according to the Elton John playing style.

Here are some pictures:
:: Myriad Lisbon hotel - Oriente
[Linked Image]

:: The red Elton John's piano
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

:: Then we went to my house. UKIkarus was playing for us! Great music, thanks!
[Linked Image]

:: At dinner
[Linked Image]

:: The dessert was the typical "Pastel de Nata" with a glass of wine, and a fine white Porto wine at the end.
[Linked Image]

Lots of fun.

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Mr Super-Hunky
Wow, what a great thread. Carlos, your the man! I mean handmade drawings for all the guests... who does that? That's incredible.(...)

Well, I have two more similar drawings I can offer.
I think the drawings are too far away from what I can do - I quit drawing a few years ago -, but If you, or someone else, want one of them, just send me a PM with your full address and I'll send it to you. No problem.

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,386
Posts3,349,204
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission