2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
48 members (accordeur, 36251, Bostonmoores, 20/20 Vision, Cheeeeee, Adam Reynolds, Burkhard, 1200s, clothearednincompo, akse0435, 5 invisible), 1,304 guests, and 302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
OP Offline
H
Hello!!! I'm new in this forum, My name is Christian and I'm a pianist, conductor and composer from Argentina. I share with this forum a video from my last concert in Houston. I hope that they like, if you don't like please don't waste your time in comment the video I don't care negative comments. Best Regards for all in this forum!!

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Welcome, thanks for posting! And yes, I think it's quite good -- but there are suggestions that could be made, and let me say that the positive comments that you get would be more meaningful if you didn't say basically that we're only allowed to make positive comments! smile

H
6000 Post Club Member
Online Content
6000 Post Club Member
H
laugh whistle whome

H
OP Offline
H
I didn't say that I only accept positive comments, I'm only say that I don't want negative comments,so I accept Constructive critiques about my interpretation but no suggestions about the orchestra, about the sound recording, about the quality of video, etc. that don't contribute anything! thanks for watch my video!

S

Bronze Level Supporter until October 5 2014

Bronze Level Supporter until October 5 2014
S
I have thoughts, but I hate to break your ground rules, so perhaps I'll just keep them to myself.

Cello, Piano, Electric Bass

1967 Baldwin SD-10 | Kawai MP11
Vid Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
He just means he doesn't want to be Podesta'd. wink

• Schimmel Upright
  • Kawai VPC-1 with Pianoteq

Any issues or concerns are piped to /dev/null
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
This is very much a free speech forum, replies can cover a wide gamut. No matter who a pianist is it is impossible to make everyone happy and non-constructive criticism will happen with public exposure.

About your playing, one thing I liked was the absence of the salad tossing I've noticed increasingly in recent years from pianists. This occurs when during the playing a pianist moves one or both hands in a manner identical to that of tossing a salad. There are other things pianists do as well other than toss an imaginary salad. You for the most part don't do any of those other things, and as well it is late here and I don't have a complete tableaux of these to post, so I'll just leave those items out.

I tend to be a bit of a neutralist, so my responses can be under whelming, but I don't do non-constructive criticism either.

What is of most interest are the compositions but I couldn't find any references to them online other than here.

Thanks for sharing the video!

D
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
D
Okay, no one else has said it so I will. This belongs under Members Recordings Pianist Corner.

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Damon
Okay, no one else has said it so I will. This belongs under Members Recordings Pianist Corner.
[Linked Image] Didn't I just say that?

Best regards,

Deborah
D
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
D
smile

A
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
A
You have really nice hands; I especially like your pinkies.

"A good intention but fixed and resolute - bent on high and holy ends, we shall find means to them on every side and at every moment; and even obstacles and opposition will but make us 'like the fabled specter-ships,' which sail the fastest in the very teeth of the wind."
R. W. Emerson
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Heliogabalo
I didn't say that I only accept positive comments, I'm only say that I don't want negative comments,so I accept Constructive critiques about my interpretation but no suggestions about the orchestra, about the sound recording, about the quality of video, etc. that don't contribute anything! thanks for watch my video!
Well, here's some news for you: When you go public you can't exactly go back and certainly you can't control what others will tell you.

Get used to this, or really don't post anything else online.

I'm being harsh lately, aren't I? grin

EDIT: And to say something nice, just in case: You ARE playing the Rachmaninov concerto (3rd movement) with an orchestra. This alone is a HUGE wow and one that I've not done myself... wink

Last edited by Nikolas; 06/21/14 01:26 AM.
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Can I comment on the bored-looking old people in the audience?

Michael

"Genius is nothing more than an extraordinary capacity for patience."
Leonardo da Vinci
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Ok, no comments about the orchestra! smile

What a fantastic opportunity! In my dreams I am playing Rachmaninoff with an orchestra.

Lo has conseguido...mil gracias por compartirlo. Rach es rey!

H
OP Offline
H
Thanks, yes Rach is the king in september I'll play in Brazil this same concert and the next year the piano concerto 3, so difficult!

H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by Michael Sayers
This is very much a free speech forum, replies can cover a wide gamut. No matter who a pianist is it is impossible to make everyone happy and non-constructive criticism will happen with public exposure.

About your playing, one thing I liked was the absence of the salad tossing I've noticed increasingly in recent years from pianists. This occurs when during the playing a pianist moves one or both hands in a manner identical to that of tossing a salad. There are other things pianists do as well other than toss an imaginary salad. You for the most part don't do any of those other things, and as well it is late here and I don't have a complete tableaux of these to post, so I'll just leave those items out.

I tend to be a bit of a neutralist, so my responses can be under whelming, but I don't do non-constructive criticism either.

What is of most interest are the compositions but I couldn't find any references to them online other than here.

Thanks for sharing the video!

Thanks for watch the video, I don't know what is this movement of salad tossing please give me a example!! I hate the the movements and confuse interpretation in Lang Lang, this is so dramatic and bored!

H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by Atrys
You have really nice hands; I especially like your pinkies.

Thanks, but this comment is so sordid and disturbing

H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by Damon
I'm new in this forum so I don't know Where post my video
Originally Posted by Nikolas
Well, here's some news for you: When you go public you can't exactly go back and certainly you can't control what others will tell you.

Get used to this, or really don't post anything else online.

I'm being harsh lately, aren't I? grin

EDIT: And to say something nice, just in case: You ARE playing the Rachmaninov concerto (3rd movement) with an orchestra. This alone is a HUGE wow and one that I've not done myself... wink
Well I know that I don't have the control to do that people say beauty things but I think that people could talk whit technique arguments or about interpretation. I supose that is a pianist forum so this forum have pianist of all the world And I really like Share opinions of pianists who loves the music. I played the complete concerto later I'll upload. Thanks for watch the video.

H
OP Offline
H
I upload a part of the first movement! Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54tRl7BuG6A

Last edited by Heliogabalo; 06/25/14 10:44 PM.
Gold Subscriber
Gold Subscriber
I upload a part of the first movement! Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54tRl7BuG6A

Was it the conductor who chose this tempo, or did you mutually agree upon it?

Regards,

BruceD
- - - - -
Estonia 190
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,185
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission