2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
69 members (Carey, clothearednincompo, Bellyman, AlkansBookcase, accordeur, akse0435, Barry_Braksick, BadSanta, 12 invisible), 1,889 guests, and 300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
01. dynamobt/Marilyn - Symphony No. 40 1st mvt
THANK YOU for sharing this it was such a joy to listen! The tempo works just fine for me and the page turns add to the atmosphere.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
This is going to take me a while on dial up ...

03. ShiroKuro - Big My Secret Sounds of classic and piano lounge style, which this piece brings together, Really well played.

10. CarlosCC - Quietness Poetic sense of depth to the sound and harmony. Very Moving, heavy and appreciated ..

16. sinophilia (Diana) - In Church - Op. 39 no. 24 Well Played...

29. jotur/Cathy Turner - Second Hand Rose Nice piece, pleasure to listen to.

22. [b]Mr Super Hunky - Everybody Hurts[/b] Impressive and played with force , even tempo and expressive . Super ending .
I expected sound /use of the Una cord pedal but didn't hear it , but doesn't matter. Could be me.
Again , Wow , my taste in hearing piano played , you have played.

A
A
drats.. I thought I still had another hour left. I just got home from work and was going to covert my song to mp3 format. Guess I missed the Red Dot... frown

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

http://www.youtube.com/user/Spot1530
W
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
W
Originally Posted by Augustina
drats.. I thought I still had another hour left. I just got home from work and was going to covert my song to mp3 format. Guess I missed the Red Dot... frown

May Piano Bar!

Whizbang
amateur ragtime pianist
https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeschala
A
A
Originally Posted by Whizbang
Originally Posted by Augustina

May Piano Bar!

Its in the piano bar now..

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

http://www.youtube.com/user/Spot1530
W
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
W
I haven't really listened thoroughly to the whole recital, but I've listened to some. With 50 pieces, lots outside my expertise, there's no way I can comment on all of them. I've enjoyed every one so far--if you're not listed, it's just because I'm sort of skipping through things.

A couple of pieces made an instant impression:

While I think some of your comments hit the nail on the head, when I saw this, I was thinking, "Oh, surely this is just a duet that's a reduction of themes." No! It's the whole freakin' first movement. Whoa!

03. ShiroKuro - Big My Secret

So much forum dramas. I'm glad you posted, and I enjoyed your piece.

05. wouter79 - Kinderszenen, Op. 15, "Von fremden Ländern und Menschen" and "Träumerei".

4 years, eh? Super clean and enjoyable.

07. AZ_Astro - Seventh Street Blues

Am I gonna comment on Martha Miers? You bet. Your digital's voice gave this a nice, mellow feel. Clean, with nice phrasing, articulation and tone! 2 1/2 years? Great.

10. CarlosCC - Quietness

You somehow pull lots of emotion out of your pieces that it baffles me. I can only think that you sit and listen actively to every aspect of the tone of each note and don't move on until you get the perfect sound.

11. Peyton - Escape

I'm quite familiar with this piece as a listener. Your performance is essentially worthy of the album.

12. Greener/Jeff - Moonlight Sonata, Mvt 2 - Op. 27, No 2.

The 2nd movement of this piece is actually my favorite. You did a great job; this is one you can revisit for years to come.

15. peterws/peter - Gymnopedies 2 & 3

This is another piece where I think you pretty much nailed the feel and pulled out what was there in the music. I agree it's hard to keep one's mind from wandering off in the middle of these.

16. sinophilia (Diana) - In Church - Op. 39 no. 24

I thought "What a delightful musical miniature"

21. MaryBee - Nocturne in C minor, No. 21

I don't dare play Freddy. Partly because he's my teach's fave but partly because I don't think I can handle all the phrasing required. You did a great job with that.

30. PikaPianist - Sonata in F minor, K466

I sent a link to this to my teach. I really loved it. He hadn't heard it and loved it.

35. Ganddalf - Gratulation

I thought this, too, was an album quality performance. But I'm also confused, because I thought it was the sworn duty of every Norwegian to poke fun at their Swedish neighbors.

36. Ohio_Mark - Beach Buggy Boogie

More Martha Mier represent! Fun stuff.

37. Monica K. - Scarborough Fair

For a genre that's not so much my cup of tea, I enjoyed every note.

40. Copper - To a Wild Rose

You treated this humble piece with great delicacy.

...and from here on, work interruptions meant I my attention to the streaming player was hopelessly impaired. I'll be certain to be listening over coming days.

Whizbang
amateur ragtime pianist
https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeschala
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
01 dynamobt/Marilyn Title of piece: Symphony No. 40 1st mvt Composer: Mozart

The tempo seemed fine to me. I have never heard this piece on the piano, so that was new. I have always wanted to play some real Mozart so perhaps I'll try this one down the road. It sounded like you had a nice time playing this piece!

02 Performer's name: Whizbang (Chris) Title of piece: Milonga del Angel Composer: Astor Piazzolla

I was going to try to listen to 10 pieces this evening but I kind of got stuck on this one! Very evocative and poignant. I loved the jazzy chords at the start and then got carried away. Beautiful melody line, and the piece holds together musically very nicely. Great choice and really fun to listen to.

03 Performer's name: ShiroKuro

Title of piece: Big My Secret Composer: Michael Nyman
I have not heard this piece before but it is very melodic and pleasant. You carried it off nicely with some nice phrasing and pace. Great job!

04 Performer's name: Anne H Title of piece: Discovery At Night Composer: Ludovico Einaudi

A very nice Einaudi piece. He gets away with an awful lot of repetition in his work, but it's because his phrasing is so powerful and melodic that I think it works well. It's a little haunting, wouldn't you say? I also loved the sound of your piano. Really nice playing.

05 Performer's name: wouter79 Title of piece: Kinderszenen, Op. 15, "Von fremden Ländern und Menschen" and "Träumerei".

I have been learning this piece (Of Foreign Lands and People) and I can't wait to perform it. But it will take a few more months of work. You played it with abandon and zeal. Super!

Last edited by AZ_Astro; 05/15/14 10:32 PM.

Kawai KG-5. Korg SP-250. Software pianos: Garritan CFX, Ivory II, Ivory Am D, Ravenscroft, Galaxy Vintage D, Alicia's Keys, et al.
[Linked Image]
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
Ok, I have listened to a lot more (and enjoyed everything so far) but here a few comments to start with:

Wow! What fun!! This is one of my favorite pieces, it must feel great to be able to play it together, the fun you had doing it definitely comes through! Wonderful job!

02. Whizbang (Chris) - Milonga del Angel
I am only familiar with Piazolla because when I lived in Japan there's a Japanese bandoneon player who became fairly famous and he was on TV all the time, often playing Piazolla as you can imagine. I wonder if you would be able to find good piano arrangements published in Japan (might be hard to search for though) Anyway, I really enjoyed your performance, very compelling, your playing and the piece itself.

04. Anne H - Discovery At Night
Great job! I have also become an Einaudi fan thanks to Monica and all the other ABF Einaudi fans. laugh I really enjoyed your recording, this is a perfect celebration of your new music studio!

05. wouter79 - Kinderszenen, Op. 15, "Von fremden Ländern und Menschen" and "Träumerei".
Very nice! I especially like your playing of Traumerei.

06. Jazzwee - All the Things You Are Improv
What a neat performance! Very enjoyable to listen to! (and I'm always jealous of your improvising!)

07. AZ_Astro - Seventh Street Blues
Beautiful! I love the chords and color of this piece.

Started piano June 1999.
Proud owner of a Yamaha C2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
SwissMS, Ataru074, Peyton, piano_primo_1, Whizbang, AZ-Astro, thank you all for listening and commenting!

Sam, thanks for listening and commenting. "taking everything but the melody done a notch" is basically the hardest thing to do in this piece, for me anyway. I still haven't heard Lisitsa's recording beyond the sample on Amazon, but I think she plays it a lot faster. I'm not intersted in that faster tempo (I like Nyman's original tempo), but i would like be able to have more precise articulation. Some day maybe.

Casinitaly, thank you for your kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Started piano June 1999.
Proud owner of a Yamaha C2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
06. Jazzwee - All the Things You Are Improv Cool improvisation of jazz blues. I can "feel" it.

04. Anne H - Discovery At Night Well, played alot
of smooth chord transitions that blended well in one
nice sound . Why does it remind me of a theme song from a 60's movie?. Nice

02. Whizbang (Chris) - Milonga del Angel Unique
harmony, thanks for broadening horizons . The realsim of
high notes on a piano recording is well heard and impressive.

05. wouter79 - Kinderszenen, Op. 15, "Von fremden
Ländern und Menschen" and "Träumerei".

well played, classic- classical, good sound too .

Classic well played, a little slower in tempo? not sure.
I enjoyed the sound of music.

07. AZ_Astro - Seventh Street Blues contemplative
melody sweet music. Well recorded and played .

08. 8 Octaves - When River Flowed on Mars well
played, almost soundtrack style music for a movie .

09. SwissMS/Doris - Sonatina in C Major Opus 20 #1
1st Movement
(to do)
"Very" classical well played , I can see the gowns, gents and wigs in the parlor.

11. Peyton - Escape Super well , reminded me of
"Vangelis" on Piano. cool .

12. Greener/Jeff - Moonlight Sonata, Mvt 2 - Op. 27,
No 2.
Super , never heard the 2nd part, swell recording of acoustic piano .

O
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
O
44. wimpiano - Telemann - Fantasia in E Minor

Oh dear, I only listened to your recording twice and the piece already became an ear worm...I couldn't help singing it in the shower grin

This type of music is harder to play than it seems. All tiny mistakes are so obvious...The most difficult thing for me is to keep up the right level of concentration for the whole piece...I never imagined how much practice it would take me to get my piece even to the level it is now, still far from perfect.

So good work! Won't need much more work to get it really smooth and up the tempo a bit. You play very musically.

I don't know if you sing, but I find it most useful to sing the music I am learning, so that I won't forget the musical ideas while working on the technical difficulties. And one should remember to "breath" and no matter how fast one is going, one should never feel like rushing... and that's difficult for me, I tend to rush in whatever I do grin

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
2000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by ShiroKuro

Sam, thanks for listening and commenting. "taking everything but the melody done a notch" is basically the hardest thing to do in this piece, for me anyway. I still haven't heard Lisitsa's recording beyond the sample on Amazon, but I think she plays it a lot faster. I'm not intersted in that faster tempo (I like Nyman's original tempo), but i would like be able to have more precise articulation. Some day maybe.

I have Lisitsa's recording... and it's exactly 2:58 like yours! Ha! I think you did a wonderful job on this piece.

W
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
W
@Ataru074 Thanks!

@jotur Thanks, I also like the era a lot, must admit though that it was a piece I had to play because my teacher asked.

@outo blush Thanks! I did my very best not to rush, actually slowed down intentionally twice. It still needs quite some work and it's obvious that I'm really an early beginner with little time under my hands. Still, I do enjoy it a lot. My wife hum's the music without knowing that it is the piece I played, makes me smile.

I do like the other pieces a lot and will take my time this weekend to go over them, not that I'm in the position to provide feedback but I want to share with you that I enjoy your music.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
28. ajames - Just a Day Away - ajames, this is wonderful. This is the first time I'm listening a piece of Crosland, and I was captivated by this right from the first note, because I love this type of music too. Also, it's very impressive you've been playing less than a year. Looking forward to listen more from you. Congratulations.

44. wimpiano - Telemann - Fantasia in E Minor - Congratulations on your first submission! Although I am not an expert in this kind of music, I think you did a very clean and pleasant to listen work. Well done!

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Self-taught since Dec2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
24. Mar_red - Love Story - Wow, Mar_red, this is truly wonderful. You have a complete domain of the keyboard and a beautiful and clever touch for harmony and rhythm with great presence for the melody. Realy good!

50. Valencia - Sonata Op. 109 3rd mvt -Theme only!! - Valencia, I'm glade you managed to submit this. I love your theme. Nice tempo and even rhythm throughout it. Very nice!

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Self-taught since Dec2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
02. Whizbang (Chris) - Milonga del Angel
It's really beautiful and well played. Thanks for providing the description and introducing me to this composer.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
03. ShiroKuro - Big My Secret
Nice job capturing the mood of this piece.

04. Anne H - Discovery At Night
I listen to this kind of music quite often but haven't heard much Einaudi. I like your performance and your piano sounds great!

R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
Ok, here goes the first bakers dozen, nice work all!!:

01. dynamobt/Marilyn - Wow, this has to take some concentration to pull off ... nice work you two!!

02. Whizbang (Chris) - This one set the bar way up there, love the mysterious Latin flavor of this tune ... very well done!!

03. ShiroKuro - That was a long week and a lot of ink but it turned out well ... good job.

04. Anne H - Jeepers ...you, the piano and the studio make a wonderful team! I think this tune would work well even at a slower tempo, well played!!

05. wouter79 - You're not into using your ears in your blues work yet, but you're really a pretty good classical pianist already, nice work!

06. Jazzwee - I don't understand jazz yet, but you're helping the effort ... thanks and well done!

07. AZ_Astro - I'm not familiar with this tune but love the relaxed way you played it!

08. 8 Octaves - Loved the flow ... nice work!

09. SwissMS/Doris - Some people make piano playing look easy, you're one of them ... very nice!

10. CarlosCC - This is very good work, playing and composition. I think she would love it like I did.

11. Peyton - Love that suspense element in music, Glass must be a Hitchcock fan like me. I really enjoyed this one a lot!!

12. Greener/Jeff - Hey, I recognized another classical tune ... nice work Jeff!!

13. Riddler (Ed) - You didn't disappoint me either Ed ... well done!!

More headed your way later.

Rerun

"Seat of the pants piano player" DMD

[Linked Image]

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by jotur
47. Trapper John - Ashokan Farewell Beautiful, pastoral, full of peach and hope, even tho looking out over a battlefield.

Cathy

Cathy - did you mean peace and hope...or are you using peach in a sense with which I'm not entirely familiar? wink

Regardless, thanks

Trap

Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on. Frederic Chopin

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
11. Peyton - Escape What a dramatic piece! It has a sense of tension throughout it, fitting the name Escape. I love the sudden rapid arpeggiated chords in the middle. It is like danger has caught up with us. Beautifully played.

12. Greener/Jeff - Moonlight Sonata, Mvt 2 - Op. 27, No 2. I must admit, I have never heard the 2nd movement before. Nice articulation and expression.

13. Riddler (Ed) - Love Walked In I love Gershwin. This has a rich, full sound. I like your pacing and smooth delivery. Very relaxing.

14. George Schiro - Ambivalence Really nice improv. It has a hopefulness and determination about it. Really enjoyed it.

15. peterws/peter - Gymnopedies 2 & 3 Someday I have to get around to playing these. I like your chosen speed. It keeps the music moving. Very nice playing!

16. sinophilia (Diana) - In Church - Op. 39 no. 24 The tempo you chose makes it a solemn processional. I can see it passing by in my mind’s eye. You voiced the chords very well. Great job.

17. Yamaha G3 & P-80 Mike White - Torna A Surriento It sounds like a dramatic, Latin love ballad. Very nicely played.

18. earlofmar - Minuet in C Minor BWV Anh 121 Bach does make you work hard. You have nice clarity in both voices in this and nice balance. Great job!

19. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Fughetta This is very much like a Bach invention, with continuous movement in both hands. Really nice balance! Each voice sings in its turn, and the pace stays steady. Great job on what sounds like a not so easy piece!

20. Newbert - New York State of Mind The melody is projected well over the accompaniment. Nice relaxed approach to the piece. I enjoyed it.

21. MaryBee - Nocturne in C minor, No. 21 Gorgeous job, MaryBee! This is a wonderful presentation, full of feeling. Now you have me wanting to learn this one too!

22. Mr Super Hunky - Everybody Hurts Ah, I love the full, rich Mason sound, and your full arrangements do it credit. This sounds like you were enjoying the reunion with the Mason. Beautifully played!

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,633
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission