Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

What's Hot!!
Welcome PianoTV members!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Fall 2017
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas


Who's Online Now
74 registered members (ando, akc42, amad23, Aggertroll, Akash, 23 invisible), 979 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2271598 - 05/05/14 06:57 PM Hello again! - Plus my first YouTube video  
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 8
Sir Alojolo Offline
Junior Member
Sir Alojolo  Offline
Junior Member

Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 8
Hello there. My name is Alvaro and I'm 26 years old. I study psychology and I love to play the piano. I used to post a lot on this forum with another account (that was like 6-7 years ago). I used to play Baroque, Classical and Romantic works, although I'm leaning towards other genres as you will see. I had a great time here; hence my will to join you again and share with you a little rendition to Rihanna I just made. You will notice I was sight-reading, so my apologies in advance.

I will post better videos with studied pieces (not sight-reading whilst I record). Until then, I'd like to share with you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icTTDUMMa40

Best regards to all of you and have a nice day.

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#2271627 - 05/05/14 08:28 PM Re: Hello again! - Plus my first YouTube video [Re: Sir Alojolo]  
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,193
earlofmar Offline
3000 Post Club Member
earlofmar  Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,193
Australia
Welcome back Sir Alojolo, I wonder how much has changed in those 6-7 years since you were last here. Probably not much, just some new faces going through the same transitional problems every pianist has had to content with.

Beautiful recording by the way I would not have guessed this wan not a well rehearsed piece. Look forward to hearing more from you.



Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
#2271885 - 05/06/14 12:45 PM Re: Hello again! - Plus my first YouTube video [Re: Sir Alojolo]  
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 8
Sir Alojolo Offline
Junior Member
Sir Alojolo  Offline
Junior Member

Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 8
Thank you!

I just added two excerpt from Chopin's Ballade to my channel, just in case someone's interested. I wish I had a grand piano... Until then, I'll have to record on my digital piano.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv4nCP2jvuSY_i3dvquBqZg

Best regards!

Last edited by Sir Alojolo; 05/06/14 12:45 PM.
#2272011 - 05/06/14 05:16 PM Re: Hello again! - Plus my first YouTube video [Re: Sir Alojolo]  
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,193
earlofmar Offline
3000 Post Club Member
earlofmar  Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,193
Australia
actually sounds pretty good for a dp


Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
(ad ) MusicNotes.com
sheet music search
#2272083 - 05/06/14 09:25 PM Re: Hello again! - Plus my first YouTube video [Re: Sir Alojolo]  
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 18,193
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Monica K.  Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012


Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 18,193
Lexington, Kentucky
Hi Alvaro! So nice to hear from you again!! Love your videos, too!


Mason & Hamlin A -- 91997
My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/pianomonica
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
#2272119 - 05/06/14 10:49 PM Re: Hello again! - Plus my first YouTube video [Re: Sir Alojolo]  
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,576
8 Octaves Offline

Gold Supporter until July 22 2015
8 Octaves  Offline

Gold Supporter until July 22 2015


Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,576
USA
Originally Posted by Sir Alojolo
I'd like to share with you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icTTDUMMa40



+1 thumb

#2272285 - 05/07/14 08:32 AM Re: Hello again! - Plus my first YouTube video [Re: Sir Alojolo]  
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 8
Sir Alojolo Offline
Junior Member
Sir Alojolo  Offline
Junior Member

Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 8
Thank you guys! I hope to hear from all of you. As always, you're incredibly nice and inspiring. This is indeed a great place to be.

Best regards and blessings upon you.

Last edited by Sir Alojolo; 05/07/14 08:32 AM.
#2272531 - 05/07/14 07:14 PM Re: Hello again! - Plus my first YouTube video [Re: Sir Alojolo]  
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 754
piano_primo_1 Offline
500 Post Club Member
piano_primo_1  Offline
500 Post Club Member

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 754
Pittsburgh,PA
re: Alojolo playing Rihanna - Love the way you lie (Part 2)
That is heart felt, well played, emotional ,,.


Cheers!!!

#2272548 - 05/07/14 07:52 PM Re: Hello again! - Plus my first YouTube video [Re: 8 Octaves]  
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,249
Pathbreaker Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Pathbreaker  Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,249
Massachusetts
Originally Posted by Eight Octaves
Originally Posted by Sir Alojolo
I'd like to share with you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icTTDUMMa40



+1 thumb


That was great, thanks for sharing!


Moderated by  BB Player, casinitaly 

Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
CLEARANCE SPECIALS!
Save Big In our online store now

In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.


Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
SummerKeys
Maine Coast Music Vacation for Adults
(ad)
Pearl River & Ritmuller
Ritmuller Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Interesting eBay / CL finds
by Colin Dunn. 01/22/18 05:40 AM
Amateur piano competition
by Kenny Cheng. 01/21/18 10:22 PM
What's happening with Keith Jarrett?
by Dfrankjazz. 01/21/18 09:22 PM
What are some sites that sell used piano in europe?
by James Guo. 01/21/18 08:21 PM
Body movement at the piano
by chasingrainbows. 01/21/18 06:46 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics183,906
Posts2,689,360
Members89,491
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Click Here to
Explore The Rest of Piano World!!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers


 
Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
 
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |


copyright 1997 - 2018 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0