2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
32 members (Burkhard, 20/20 Vision, Charles Cohen, AlkansBookcase, brennbaer, cmoody31, admodios, 8 invisible), 1,219 guests, and 340 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
P
P
Originally Posted by Polyphonist
Originally Posted by Pover
P.S: I don't think you love Beethoven more than i do laugh

I do. grin

I guess we'll get to be good friends :P

So basically, the themed recitals extend over both sub-forums? I don't mind posting anything on the pianist's corner. I actually prefer getting criticized so I get a better idea of what to work on.

I was just reading something about open ABF recitals in which people post ANYTHING they want to record. They said submissions open in May, which is few days from now. Can I upload - for instance - Chopin's waltz in b minor (op 69 no 2) there and get feedback on it? Or are most pieces usually lost in the flood of submissions? Also, do advanced pianists check out those recitals or is it usually based solely around AB's?

Too many question I know hahahah :P i hope you find time to get back to me laugh

D
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
D
Do they propose a new themed recital every 3 months or am I missing something? Because in a thread discussing that upcoming recital, people were talking about all kinds of pieces; Beethoven, Mozart, and others. Thanks in advance for your help smile

The recitals in the pianist corner come up whenever someone gets an idea in their head to organize it. Some have even been hosted off-site.

P
P
Originally Posted by Damon
Do they propose a new themed recital every 3 months or am I missing something? Because in a thread discussing that upcoming recital, people were talking about all kinds of pieces; Beethoven, Mozart, and others. Thanks in advance for your help smile

The recitals in the pianist corner come up whenever someone gets an idea in their head to organize it. Some have even been hosted off-site.

I see. So these are independent recitals and do not interfere with ABF themed or free recitals? Oh, and can you please point me to where some members host these recitals off-site? I think it'd be interesting to see what programs you guys come up with. I can probably learn a lot by hearing other non-professionals (not that i'm even half that good, lol) play and compare recordings, etc.

M
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
M
Pover: these e-citals are great motivators and I have learned a lot in the past year+ since I first participated in my first (the Mendelssohn). I don't do the ABF quarterly recitals usually, but people do listen and if you request feedback you will get some.

I like the themed recitals because then there's usually a group of music by one composer where you really get to hear it all at once. Sure I could do this on youtube with random recordings, but to participate with other people that I at least sort of know on a forum helps to form bonds with those people, I think.

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
D
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by Damon

I see. So these are independent recitals and do not interfere with ABF themed or free recitals? Oh, and can you please point me to where some members host these recitals off-site? I think it'd be interesting to see what programs you guys come up with. I can probably learn a lot by hearing other non-professionals (not that i'm even half that good, lol) play and compare recordings, etc.

Several of the E-citals we've had have been hosted HERE

The PW member that runs the site isn't very active anymore and some of the links cause the flash player to crash. Among other things, there are 3 recitals devoted to obscure composers, a Liszt recital, a Beethoven recital, and (no doubt) some Chopin-y thing.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member

I was just reading something about open ABF recitals in which people post ANYTHING they want to record. They said submissions open in May, which is few days from now. Can I upload - for instance - Chopin's waltz in b minor (op 69 no 2) there and get feedback on it? Or are most pieces usually lost in the flood of submissions? Also, do advanced pianists check out those recitals or is it usually based solely around AB's?

Yes, those are the abf quarterly recitals. You can certainly upload that waltz! And there are pianists of many different levels involved in ABF, including some professionals.
People usually go out of their way to listen to and comment on as many submissions as they can.

As for the themed recitals, they happen whenever someone feels like organizing one.

Looking forward to hearing your playing.

Last edited by hreichgott; 04/27/14 06:54 PM.

Heather Reichgott, piano

Working on:
Mel (Mélanie) Bonis - Sevillana, La cathédrale blessée
William Grant Still - Three Visions
P
P
Wow laugh thank you all for your helpful responses and encouragement! I guess I'll participate in the quarterly ABF recital then. Hopefully I won't be a major disappointment :P Maybe next year I'll try a themed recital... Has anyone organized a beethoven one? I think it'd be a great idea.

Anyway, thank you very much for your help, seems like I'll be contributing here for some time then smile

Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,166
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission