2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
57 members (Adam Reynolds, AlkansBookcase, APianistHasNoName, Carey, brdwyguy, beeboss, Chris B, Cheeeeee, 8 invisible), 1,592 guests, and 250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 80 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 79 80
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by peterws
Sorry to dive in here (well, not that sorry or I wouldn`t have) but . . .

I goes into the supermarket to get some coffee. And I`m faced with hundreds of brands. And options within brands. Not only am I unable to sample each option effectively (life`s too short) but those I have disappointed me. So I buy the very cheapest at 50p a packet (Sainsbury`s) and find it`s far better than expected which is why it flies off the shelves.
So I don`t have to look any more. I spend my time not searching out coffee. Or bread. Or red wine. Or beer. Or DPs. . . . .

And me and `er do the weekly shop in record time.

You should try Aldi, Peter! Their gimmick is that they have a much limited range of brands, so they can sell them more cheaply, and you can spend even less time finding the things you want! Who really needs 5 different types of brocolli anyway?

Coffee however, since you mention it, is one of the things I will spend extra on. The difference between the cheap stuff and a cup of Blend 37 or Alta Rica is really noticeable. But I think it's like those air fresheners that need to change every so often or you don't smell them. So buy the cheap stuff, but look out for the special offers on the better brands, and enjoy the difference when they come up.

I'm sure this relates to pianos in some way.

Kawai CA95 / Steinberg UR22 / Sony MDR-7506 / Pianoteq Stage + Grotrian, Bluethner / Galaxy Vintage D / CFX Lite
In the loft: Roland FP3 / Tannoy Reveal Active / K&M 18810
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Are there five kinds of broccoli?

I'm thinking Savante might do better to buy a Yamaha, Roland, or Williams. The latter comes very highly recommended, by a very exacting keyboard artist who has posted many pages of commentary to this forum. And, besides the error-riddled manuals, the DP under consideration is known to cater to the lowest common denominator of player. On the other hand, Guitar Center carries two Williams models--- available for testing on the sales floor--- and they tell me that they sell well, but only to keyboard cognoscenti.

Isn't there a GC in Sebastopol?

Clef

J
J
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Wow, I'm going to need a big bowl of porridge...

No kidding. I'm with you. Just reading it wore me out! :-)

ando #2265432 04/22/14 06:14 PM
V
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
V
Originally Posted by ando
Savante, I think your posts on this are just too long... ...James has a job to do and can't read dozens of posts from one person of thousands of words. Nevertheless, to his credit, I think he has answered your question very well.

I'm inclined to agree. While some people, particularly music students or higher echelon performers, have very specific requirements, and I can fully understand needing full and detailed information before dropping a large pot of cash on a DP purchase, we also need to be aware that the industry reps here (and especially James) generally give a great deal of time to answering questions as a "pro bono" service that falls outside the remit of their job description. Brevity and clarity in questions addressed to the reps would be a significant courtesy to them.

"you don't need to have been a rabbit in order to become a veterinarian"

mabraman, 2015
J
J
Originally Posted by Jeff Clef

I'm thinking Savante might do better to buy a Yamaha, Roland, or Williams. The latter comes very highly recommended, by a very exacting keyboard artist who has posted many pages of commentary to this forum. And, besides the error-riddled manuals, the DP under consideration is known to cater to the lowest common denominator of player. On the other hand, Guitar Center carries two Williams models--- available for testing on the sales floor--- and they tell me that they sell well, but only to keyboard cognoscenti.

I can't tell if this is meant to be tongue in cheek humor or dead serious. Kawai caters to the lowest common denominator? Williams and Yamaha are both superior? Strange.

V
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
V
Originally Posted by jeffreyfranz
Originally Posted by Jeff Clef

I can't tell if this is meant to be tongue in cheek humor or dead serious.

Does this help?
[Linked Image]

mabraman, 2015
T
T
Originally Posted by Tritok
Hi ! Does anybody among the early users of the MP7 know if TRS jacks can be used on the outputs ? Or is it just standard jacks (unbalanced) ?

Thanks !

Sorry, I quoted myself , but I am afraid that my post gets lost in the "Savante-gate" wink ...And I think it's a legitimate question...No ?

Fantom X8 , Motif es6 , CME UF80 v2 , Kawai MP7

Ivory II american D ,Vi labs Ravenscroft 275, KAWAI Ex pro Acoustisamples ,Alicia Keys ,Imperfect samples (Fazioli, Steinway Concert Grand), Addictive keys...
J
J
Ah... Got it. Thanks. :-)

V
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
V
Hi ! Does anybody among the early users of the MP7 know if TRS jacks can be used on the outputs ? Or is it just standard jacks (unbalanced) ?

Thanks !

Sorry, I quoted myself , but I am afraid that my post gets lost in the "Savante-gate" wink ...And I think it's a legitimate question...No ?

I don't have an MP7 (yet!), but I believe the outputs are standard TS unbalanced sockets (same as MP5 and MP6).

mabraman, 2015
P
P

I'm using TRS cables into a mixer then powered speakers.

I vote the Mods move the forensic tuning discussion between Savante and James to the ' MP11 and MP7 Updates' Thread. As it leads on from various points made there.

It could well put off some newbies from buying what is a very intuitive to opperate keyboard. (Ducks...)

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by puff
I dont see any changes to the PDF MP7 manual. Should I?

The updated MP7 owner's manual (corresponding to OS v1.02) is now available from the Kawai Japan support pages:

http://www.kawai.co.jp/worldwide/support/manuals.html

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
D
D
Now it´s available at Thomann, I ordered it a couple of minutes ago:) Hope I will like it:)

L
L
I'm really excited about the MP7 and it's most likely going to replace my MP5, which I absolutely love. There's one thing I would like to ask, as I'm too impatient to wait for when I buy one. Is the synthesizer improved? I'm aware that the Kawai MP-series is specifically designed for piano, but with this new screen and controls I see lots of opportunities. It would be nice to have a standard tone of which you can change the wave form and polyphony. This way, with the already present layering options and effects (distortion/cutoff/EQ/reverb/etc), a nice EDM synth sound shouldn't be too difficult to make. In my band, we're playing all kinds of genres, from rock 'n roll to après-ski and from country to dance. I could connect my laptop and use a DAW with the right plugins, but then I would need to bring a lot of extra stuff to every gig.

Thanks for any info on this matter,

Lennert

Kawai MP5 & MP7; Nord Electro 5D 73sw; Roland VK8 & AX-Synth & FR1
Kawai MP7 setup exchange: https://www.facebook.com/groups/KawaiMP7/
H
H
James...

Anything you can tell us about when kawaimp/mp7
will go live?

Thanks,
H.K.

Keyboards are the best therapy I know of...
Originally Posted by david_ka
Now it´s available at Thomann, I ordered it a couple of minutes ago:) Hope I will like it:)

Congrats David!

James
x

P
P

The synth sounds and pads are all new much stronger and more various.Ive not messed with them yet but there's lots more ways to alter them.
The new EPs are also worh spending time to tailor to your taste.
The two Wurli sounds have the old names but they sure sound better to my ears - there's some serious DSP power going on here compared to the MP6/5 and it shows.Things are saved in a nano second.
The Effects now can add a lot of 'realism' eg the Enhancer+ on an EP can seem to change the quality of the 'Tine' and then you cam easily assign the depth to the Mod wheel.

You need to dig in and re-program stuff eg. the EQ parameter on the Amp sims (there are 6 I think)all have the bass set to +8db but the UI is so integrated this is a snip to do.

You wont be disapointed with the beast.

Originally Posted by ProLen
Is the synthesizer improved?

Yes, the synth side of things is much improved!

Practically all of the PAD/SYNTH category (30 out of 32 sounds) consists of new samples, and the EDIT menu offers many more DCA/DCF envelope controls. There are now also portamento modes, which work very nicely with the fast trigger keyboard settings.

There are a selection of synth demos on the following SoundCloud playlist:

https://soundcloud.com/kawaimpseries/sets/mp7-synth-temp/s-N3Avq

If you're coming to the MP7 from an MP5, it will sound and feel like a brand new instrument (well, because it is...), but still one that you're familiar with.

Cheers,
James
x

Originally Posted by HisKidd
Anything you can tell us about when kawaimp/mp7
will go live?

Very soon, I hope.

There are some minor glitches that still need to be worked out.

Here's a shot of the new image zoom function on the history/specifications page:

[Linked Image]

Cheers,
James
x

T
T
I've got also my MP7 coming to me in a few days , pre-ordered at Thomann's two weeks ago , UPS is on its way...Can't wait !

I'll post a little review very soon !

Last edited by Tritok; 04/23/14 07:57 PM.

Ivory II american D ,Vi labs Ravenscroft 275, KAWAI Ex pro Acoustisamples ,Alicia Keys ,Imperfect samples (Fazioli, Steinway Concert Grand), Addictive keys...
T
T
James , can you confirm or not that TRS jacks could (or should) be plugged in the outputs sockets ?

Page 14 of 80 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 79 80

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,310
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission