2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
70 members (AlkansBookcase, accordeur, akse0435, danno858, David B, Barry_Braksick, BadSanta, danbot3, 13 invisible), 1,847 guests, and 304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
D
Originally Posted by LarryShone
Originally Posted by Dan Clark
Originally Posted by Lester Burnham
Originally Posted by Kbeaumont
Yes, pretty much. The 750 also has the 3 pedal unit that is optional with the 150. If you remove the cabinet, and 3 pedal unit you have a PX-150. Both have, exactly the same specs.

How does the 350 fit in with all of that? Seems same spec as the 150 in terms of polyphony and other attributes.

Lester,

The 350 is much different from the other PX models. This Casio DP comparison page should give you all you need: http://www.casio-intl.com/asia-mea/en/emi/compare/piano/

Dan.

Useful link, thanks! I was dismissing the 150 in favor of the 350 which I perceived to be much better, but I don't need all those tones, drum kit etc, just a piano will do fine. Only thing the 150 lacks is MIDI in/out. But I think I could live without that!

Larry,

All of them have USB MIDI. Unless you need to hook up legacy devices that only support MIDI connectors, they are not necessary IMO. Other than the usual hassles with any MIDI interface, I've never had an issue with USB MIDI.

My new MP11 should be here next Monday. It has MIDI IN/Out, but I doubt that I'll ever use it in favor of USB MIDI.

Regards,

Dan.

Last edited by Dan Clark; 04/12/14 12:51 AM.

PIANO
Keybd: Kawai MP11
SW: PianoTeq 7
HW: Core i7-6700K; 32GB; (2) SSDs
Audio Int: FocusRite 2i4

MUSIC COMPOSITION
Keybd: Native Inst KK S88 Mk II
DAW: Cubase
SW: PianoTeq 7; NI Komplete 13 Libs; Spitfire Libs; Audio Imperia Nucleus Libs
Proc: AMD 3970X; 128GB; (6) SSDs
Audio Int: FocusRite 2i2
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
It's not just "legacy" devices. You can't hook up two completly new devices where one or more only has USB MIDI. You can only do it via a computer using certain software. If all you want to do is attach the device to a computer, USB MIDI will suffice, but that's only a fraction of MIDI's usefulness.

Kawai CA95 / Steinberg UR22 / Sony MDR-7506 / Pianoteq Stage + Grotrian, Bluethner / Galaxy Vintage D / CFX Lite
In the loft: Roland FP3 / Tannoy Reveal Active / K&M 18810
D
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by lolatu
It's not just "legacy" devices. You can't hook up two completly new devices where one or more only has USB MIDI. You can only do it via a computer using certain software. If all you want to do is attach the device to a computer, USB MIDI will suffice, but that's only a fraction of MIDI's usefulness.

Yes, and in addition to that, if you use the line in (for instance for software piano) you can have noise with UBS midi plugged in.

Roland FP-4F, Korg Kross 61, iRig Keys Pro, HD58X, HD598, Focal Spirit Pro, RME Babyface, M-Track Plus, Roland DuoCapture, Presonus Eris E5, iLoud micro monitors, M1 Mac mini, iPad Pro, HP Elite X2, Ivory II ACD, Korg Module for iPad, Garritan CFX full, Vienna Imperial, Ravenscroft, Kawai-Ex Pro
D
D
I stand corrected.

Dan.

PIANO

MUSIC COMPOSITION
M
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
M

p.s. There are better DP's out there, but the cost is much higher. For example, my Kawai MP11 should be here next Monday. The keyboard uses the Kawai Grand Feel keys, which supposed to be very close to a grand piano. Of course it costs $2800.

Congrats, Dan! Let us know when it comes in and what you think! I'm still loving mine laugh

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
M
M
Originally Posted by Digitalguy
Originally Posted by lolatu

Yes, and in addition to that, if you use the line in (for instance for software piano) you can have noise with UBS midi plugged in.

You would think for how long MIDI has been around that they would be able to use all the same compatibility on USB. Heck, it should be wireless MIDI by now. wink

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by Morodiene

You would think for how long MIDI has been around that they would be able to use all the same compatibility on USB. Heck, it should be wireless MIDI by now. wink

It's coming albeit via Bluetooth. There are some commercial midi wireless products, but I have no experience with them.

D
D
Originally Posted by Morodiene

p.s. There are better DP's out there, but the cost is much higher. For example, my Kawai MP11 should be here next Monday. The keyboard uses the Kawai Grand Feel keys, which supposed to be very close to a grand piano. Of course it costs $2800.

Congrats, Dan! Let us know when it comes in and what you think! I'm still loving mine laugh

Morodiene,

Thanks. It should be here tomorrow. Unfortunately the slider needed for installation on a sliding shelf probably won't be here until late next week, so I won't be able to hook it up to my music workstation. That said, hooking it up my Rokit 5's and playing on the family room table should be good enough for a quick review.

Regards,

Dan.

PIANO

MUSIC COMPOSITION
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,633
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission