2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
70 members (brennbaer, busa, Bellyman, Barly, 1957, btcomm, Animisha, bobrunyan, 13 invisible), 1,973 guests, and 344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by jotur
Andy - I want that people on the sheet music picture as a poster! It would be perfect for the piano room, you know?

Cathy

Yes, I do know! Here is a RedBookmagazine-type suggestion: save it as a .jpg, print it off full color on photo paper at 8-1/2" X 11", matte it with a fancy matte (shadow box it, or something, you know? Build up the mattes for that singular artistic effect...) frame it with glass, distress the frame, and there you go! Get it? wink If you're really lucky, you can take it to a local print shop and sweet-talk the counter clerk past his/her copyright objections to get it done poster size. (In this case, print out your "original" on 8-1/2 x 11 warm-tinted cold-press watercolor paper.) Or, claim "fair use." (Tell him (or her) that you need to see it enlarged to study the art (or something).) You might have to go to several print shops before you hit one that will cooperate, but, heck, it's personal use! That's a loophole big enough to drive a semi-truck with a triple trailer though. I'm sure you can get it done! smile

(Take your pick of possible .jpg's from the link, too! grin wink )

Last edited by Cinnamonbear; 04/06/14 09:17 PM.

I may not be fast,
but at least I'm slow.
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by chopinoholic
I still want to give my comments on the last sets. I didn't have the time yet..

I am counting on the world not ending, today (or tomorrow).

That is to say, "Me, too, chopinoholic!" grin

--Andy

I may not be fast,
but at least I'm slow.
G
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
G
Waltz in A-flat major, Op. 69 No. 1 – BruceD

I love the mood of this waltz, and you definitely do it justice with your playing. Very delicate performance which I enjoyed a lot!

Waltz in B minor, Op. 69 No. 2 - Sam S

You manage very well expressing the mood of this waltz. I also notice that you have a good balance between the right hand melody and the chords of the left hand. Thanks for sharing!

Waltz in G-flat major, Op. 70 No. 1 - Tim Adrianson

This waltz is a difficult one with its long and rapid leaps. I enjoyed the way you gave contrast between the different parts of the piece. Listening to your performance was very pleasing.

Waltz in F minor, Op. 70 No. 2 – Ganddalf

This is one of the technically easiest (maybe the easiest of all) pieces of this recital. But why must all piano pieces be difficult? Thanks to Carey who gave me the opportunity to take over this piece. I was a bit disappointed when I returned from my Christmas holidays and found that all pieces were taken,

Waltz in D-flat major, Op. 70 No. 3 - musica71

Great performance! Your piano has a very beautiful sound, and your playing is just amazing. So much fine detail in the lower melodic line. You make this tricky piece sound easy.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Gandalf, Thank you SO much for the nice comment (Farm Girl too), This piece is most certainly NOT easy, the voicing takes some real thought. I am sorry that is is so repetitious! Kind of hard to do that much different with so many repeats.

Musica 71
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Waltz in A-flat major, Op. 69 No. 1 - BruceD
Don't have anything to say really. It is exactly how I would like to play this. Love it.

Waltz in B minor, Op. 69 No. 2 - Sam S
I like the sound of your piano. It fits somehow with the chromatic runs. :-)
This is a lovely waltz and you play it really nice. The pedalling is like a waltz should be pedalled. Maybe the tempo can be up a notch, but that's personal. Well done and thanks for sharing.

Waltz in G-flat major, Op. 70 No. 1 - Tim Adrianson
I especially love the middle section. You play it with a lot of warmth. I like the contrast with the main theme which is pretty hard to play well by the way. I like it.

Waltz in F minor, Op. 70 No. 2 - Ganddalf
Didn't know this waltz. Completely new for me. I pulled out the sheet music to read along with your playing. I like the piece and your interpretation allthough I would like to hear a bit more dynamics.
Thanks for sharing.

Waltz in D-flat major, Op. 70 No. 3 - musica71
Another one I don't know. Geezz I'm missing out.
When I hear you play it, I like the piece right away. Love your little trills. I always find it hard to play them 'in the beat' and you seem to have no issue with that.
Thanks for posting.

Paul

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Thanks to all who have participated. I cannot wait to listen to all performances in the next few days. smile

[Linked Image]

Music is my best friend.

G
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
G
Waltz in A-flat major, B. 21 – Cinnamonbear

Great performance! The piece itself is pretty repetitive, but you managed to make it interesting to listen to all the way through. Indeed you made this simplistic composition a piece of art.

Waltz in E major, B. 44 - Tim Adrianson

Excellent playing! Like the other posthumous pieces this was completely unknown to me. Very good choice of tempi, good rubato and fine dynamics.

Waltz in E-flat major, B. 46 – Cinnamonbear

Once again you demonstrate a great ability to vary the expression in a way that catches my ear. It has been a great pleasure to listen to your contribution here.

G
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
G
And then there is another waltz that was not included in the list. It appears in my Peters edition of Chopin waltzes as No.14 (Op.posth). Until I listened to the posthumous pieces on the recital list I thought this was one of them. Otherwise I would have studied it myself.

Anyhow here is Arthur's performance of it:

http://youtu.be/AauGBCVDMn0

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Ganddalf
And then there is another waltz that was not included in the list. It appears in my Peters edition of Chopin waltzes as No.14 (Op.posth). Until I listened to the posthumous pieces on the recital list I thought this was one of them. Otherwise I would have studied it myself.

It is played by Dannylux: smile
https://app.box.com/s/cq46ji3ywyzg161zmx5t

[Linked Image]

Music is my best friend.

G
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by ChopinAddict
Originally Posted by Ganddalf

It is played by Dannylux: smile
https://app.box.com/s/cq46ji3ywyzg161zmx5t

Oh, Sorry! I thought that Set 10. was the final set. This thread is getting very long. The good thing is that I have another three waltzes to listen to. Surely I'll listen to and comment on the performances of Dannylux and the other two in Set.11.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Waltz in A-flat major, B. 21 - Cinnamonbear
Clearly an early work of Chopin. I like his early works because you can hear his style in them waiting to be developed into the Chopin we all love.
I think you hit the nail the way you played it. Clear and jumpy. smile

Waltz in E major, B. 44 - Tim Adrianson
What a nice piece. Well played. The different themes are well glued together and I like the piano sound.

Waltz in E-flat major, B. 46 - Cinnamonbear
This is one of my favorite waltzes. It brings back memories from my childhood. My mother always played this on the stereo.
Love the sheetmusic presentation! But more importantly I'd buy this recording. You play this so well. The only 'surprise' was the long fermata in the middle somewhere. It sounded as if you got lost. Thank you for playing and sharing!

Paul

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Waltz in E minor, B. 56 - dannylux
Wow. That's some energy. Technically demanding piece it seems. This is another waltz I don't know. It sounds as if you have a lot of fun with this piece. The arpeggios are convincing, although maybe to blurry. I experience the same with the fortissimo bass runs in the middle. But you make it work to fit it in the piece. I liked listening to your playing.

Waltz in E-flat major, B. 133 - maxmila
Lovely. This in my opinion should be last. The closing piece of this wonderful recital, to mull over the pieces played. smile
Well played.

Waltz in A minor, B. 150 - FSO
Personally, I'm not fond of interpretations like this. Don't take it personal please. I think the way you did it was really good. I'm certainly not able to play like you played this piece.
Thanks for sharing.

This concludes my comments on the pieces played. Thank you everyone for making this a killer recital. It was the first time for me and I will certainly joining more in the future (Tchaikovski is coming up!)

Also thanks to Joel for organizing this. Maybe it is indeed a good idea to sum all performances with their links in one post. That makes it easier to listen to the recordings for people not actively monitoring this thread.

Last edited by chopinoholic; 04/09/14 04:37 AM.

Paul

G
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
G
Waltz in E minor, B. 56 - dannylux

This is a demanding piece and you make a lot out of it. I appreciate your great level of contrast and rubato playing. Nice job!

Waltz in E-flat major, B. 133 - maxmila

You play with great sensitivity. Excellent performance of the right hand “duetto” parts. Thanks for sharing this.

Waltz in A minor, B. 150 – FSO

Sounds like a pretty complex piece. Very interesting to notice the extra ornamentation you applied. Your performance reminded me a bit on Gypsy music.

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
[...] Waltz in E-flat major, B. 46 - Cinnamonbear
This is one of my favorite waltzes. It brings back memories from my childhood. My mother always played this on the stereo.
Love the sheetmusic presentation! But more importantly I'd buy this recording. You play this so well. The only 'surprise' was the long fermata in the middle somewhere. It sounded as if you got lost. ...

Well, as PW member BDB said once, regarding recitals, "Those who don't know your mistakes don't need to be told, and those who do know your mistakes don't need to be reminded." And so, I can neither confirm nor deny, yet you will notice at that point in the visual presentation the sudden appearance of a penciled-in fermata, as the horse has mysteriously freed itself from the cart and grazes in bucolic serenity until finally coming to its senses, realizing that there is work yet to do, and so finishes the course. wink

I'm so glad that it brought you a measure of joy, though, chopinoholic! smile Please feel free to download the mp3: laugh

https://app.box.com/s/tmb5fjrtqmvacl1qlun2

I may not be fast,
but at least I'm slow.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Cinnamonbear
[...] Waltz in E-flat major, B. 46 - Cinnamonbear
Love the sheetmusic presentation! But more importantly I'd buy this recording. You play this so well. The only 'surprise' was the long fermata in the middle somewhere. It sounded as if you got lost. ...

Well, as PW member BDB said once, regarding recitals, "Those who don't know your mistakes don't need to be told, and those who do know your mistakes don't need to be reminded." And so, I can neither confirm nor deny, yet you will notice at that point in the visual presentation the sudden appearance of a penciled-in fermata, as the horse has mysteriously freed itself from the cart and grazes in bucolic serenity until finally coming to its senses, realizing that there is work yet to do, and so finishes the course. wink

I'm so glad that it brought you a measure of joy, though, chopinoholic! smile Please feel free to download the mp3: laugh

https://app.box.com/s/tmb5fjrtqmvacl1qlun2

Hahaha. Well said!

Thanks for the mp3. wink

Paul

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Woohoo, 100 playbacks of my recording. I never had an audience THAT big! laugh

Paul

P
P
Hey everyone, I'm new here. Sorry to bring up this thread as I know it hasn't been used in a while. First, i'd like to say that I've listened to ALL of your recordings, and all I can say is that you all sound really talented. It is quite motivating to be honest, you all sound really good smile

Anyway, I just wanted to ask about this whole e-cital thing going on here. This has really interested me as it seems to be a great opportunity to share your music and get great feedback from others. I was just wondering how often this is done? or is it just a once-a-year thing?

I know I can post any recording that I wanted feedback on in the members' recording sub-forum, but I was just wondering about this activity, and how often it happens. Thanks in advance, and keep up the great work, all of you!

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Hi Pover and thanks for listening smile
There's one coming up in November, a recital of Suites. Members are playing either a full suite, or teaming up with another member to do a few movements each. That thread is available near the top of Pianist's Corner.
Over at the Adult Beginners Forum there are quarterly recitals. Those are not restricted to beginners. The comments tend to be more positive/encouraging and brief than the constructive criticism over here.

Heather Reichgott, piano

Working on:
Mel (Mélanie) Bonis - Sevillana, La cathédrale blessée
William Grant Still - Three Visions
P
P
Hey hreichgott, thanks for your answer. smile

I guess suites are too early for me as of now, since i'd rather learn a whole suite instead of just a few pieces from it. So basically, there are 2 recitals per year in the pianist's corner?

And I don't mind being criticized. On the contrary, it is very much appreciated, especially since i'm self-taught. About the ABF recitals, I just went over there to check them, but I only found the tchaikovsky themed recital. Do they propose a new themed recital every 3 months or am I missing something? Because in a thread discussing that upcoming recital, people were talking about all kinds of pieces; Beethoven, Mozart, and others. Thanks in advance for your help smile

P.S: I don't think you love Beethoven more than i do laugh

P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by Pover
P.S: I don't think you love Beethoven more than i do laugh

I do. grin

About themed recitals: the last three before the Tchaikovsky one have been the Mendelssohn Songs Without Words recital, run by Rostosky, the Chopin Mazurka recital, run by me, and this Nocturne and Waltz recital, run by JoelW.

Regards,

Polyphonist
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,386
Posts3,349,204
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission