2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
59 members (Animisha, Burkhard, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 1200s, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, 13 invisible), 1,873 guests, and 261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R

Silver Supporter until April 24 2014
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
R
Originally Posted by PianoManChuck
You have so much more information in front of you than what the music stand provides.

You know what they say.... A clean desktop is the sign of a sick mind.

I've thought about adding a very thin sheet of wood or plastic as a backing for the sheet music. Just keep thinking. Adding...

Also is interesting that the music holder provided is not a big obstruction to the computer monitor when nothing on it. I still prefer it the way I have it in the picture.

Ron
Your brain is a sponge. Keep it wet. Mary Gae George
The focus of your personal practice is discipline. Not numbers. Scott Sonnon
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Alba #2255797 04/02/14 06:59 AM
G
G
Chuck, just curious if you get a similar "wow" playing the Kronos piano from the VPC1? smile

GWILLY #2256063 04/02/14 05:37 PM
P
P
Originally Posted by GWILLY
Chuck, just curious if you get a similar "wow" playing the Kronos piano from the VPC1? smile

I'm sure I would if I would try it. Unfortunately, the Kronos is at home for a project, while the VPC1 and Nord are here at my office studio. The Nord (Stage 2) is easily transportable. The Kronos and VPC1 are not so easy to transport due to their size & weight.

www.PianoManChuck.com
Authorized Reseller of Casio, Dexibell, iLoud, Kurzweil, Nord, PreSonus, Viscount and more...
PianoManChuck on Youtube
N
N
My setup is not nearly as elaborate grin

[Linked Image]

Nigeth #2257106 04/05/14 10:18 AM
P
P
Originally Posted by Nigeth
My setup is not nearly as elaborate grin

[Linked Image]

I like it! Its a lot like my home setup... no distractions, just the keyboards smile

www.PianoManChuck.com
Authorized Reseller of Casio, Dexibell, iLoud, Kurzweil, Nord, PreSonus, Viscount and more...
PianoManChuck on Youtube
N
N
I'm not quite satisfied yet. I'd like the Nord to sit even lower but the next step on the K&M stand I use would be lower than the top of the VPC-1 so that's not possible.

I also haven't found a good solution for a music stand yet. The VPC-1 stand is not usable in that setup and I don't really want to pay for the Nord music stand, simply because the price is just ridiculous for that silly piece of metal.

Right now though it's good and clean enough. I like uncluttered spaces.

Not pictured btw is my Mac that's running Pianoteq and Ivory.

Nigeth #2257241 04/05/14 03:42 PM
P
P
I'm not quite satisfied yet. I'd like the Nord to sit even lower but the next step on the K&M stand I use would be lower than the top of the VPC-1 so that's not possible.

I also haven't found a good solution for a music stand yet. The VPC-1 stand is not usable in that setup and I don't really want to pay for the Nord music stand, simply because the price is just ridiculous for that silly piece of metal.

Right now though it's good and clean enough. I like uncluttered spaces.

Not pictured btw is my Mac that's running Pianoteq and Ivory.

I agree with you about the price of the Nord music stand - just ridiculous... I won't pay that kind of money for it.
A solution for you would be to put the VPC1 on the upper tier, but then you'd have a hard time with the controls on the Nord.

www.PianoManChuck.com
PianoManChuck on Youtube
Alba #2268973 04/30/14 04:04 AM
P
P
Hello,

I consider to buy a VPC1 as a master keyboard. I plan to play piano, organ and other synth sounds.
Do you think it's a goos idea to use the VPC1 for all style or it's not versatile for all sounds, any better versaltile option maybe ?
Regards

Alba #2268983 04/30/14 05:34 AM
M
M
I think VPC1 should be considered only for piano, that's what its mechanic is designed for; if you need a more generic Hammer action weighted master look at other options, for example the new Viscount Physis Piano K4 and K5

Last edited by Maxpiano; 04/30/14 05:35 AM.
Maxpiano #2275998 05/14/14 03:43 PM
P
P
any cheaper option maybe ?

Alba #2276070 05/14/14 07:09 PM
M
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
M
Casio PX-5S is pretty versatile and affordable at $999. For the same price as the VPC1 you can get the new Kawai MP7 which seems to be a great DP.

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Alba #2276074 05/14/14 07:16 PM
Yes, the MP7 would be an interesting master keyboard alternative to the VPC1.

For pure piano playing, the VPC1 is very difficult to beat, however for broader MIDI control over a range of different instruments, a stage piano such as the MP7 is arguably the better choice.

Aside from Kawai, the Casio PX-5S represents excellent value for money, with lots of great sounds and stage piano features. There are also lots of 'controller only' products available from Studiologic, M-Audio, CME, etc.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
Alba #2280385 05/24/14 03:18 AM
R

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
R
I bought myself a K&M Omega stand for my VPC. That should make James happy. smile
I also bought a 40 inch TV (computer monitor). Will post pictures when I got it done.

Basically just reorganizing and ridding the place of clutter. Probably the result of finally working in a System of learning piano that places much importance on the mind. Keeping organized, clear, thought out. A System that doesn't skip any steps in learning. So I'm not passing on this step.

Again... will add pictures to this post when I get this stuff here and the place done.

Ron
Alba #2280729 05/25/14 04:57 AM
N
N
Does anyone have a recommendation for a cover for the VPC-1. Right now I don't have one but I also don't want it to get too dusty.

Nigeth #2280761 05/25/14 08:20 AM
M
M
Does anyone have a recommendation for a cover for the VPC-1. Right now I don't have one but I also don't want it to get too dusty.

I purchased this and it works nicely:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/gator-88-key-stretchy-keyboard-cover

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Morodiene #2280792 05/25/14 11:09 AM
M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by Morodiene

I purchased this and it works nicely:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/gator-88-key-stretchy-keyboard-cover

I use this exact Gator cover as well on both my boards. Great cover. You can pull cord for snug custom-like fit. It's like Spanx for your keyboard wink

rnaple #2288803 06/12/14 07:03 AM
R

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
R
Originally Posted by rnaple
... will add pictures to this post when I get this stuff here and the place done.

I'm still doing this. Expanded on what I had planned.
In doing so. I have my monitors placed perfectly for the room and "listening" position. One thing has surprised me with the Ivory. The imaging places the sound from the strings down low. As if the sound is literally coming from strings extending beyond, and in front of my VPC. Imaging wise, it's gives the impression there is an actual Grand piano there.
The sound keeps getting better as I set this place up properly for "listening". Still have to put together some trap panels for reflections. Also have plans for some soffit traps. The plan is that my playing position on the VPC is also my listening position. It is the place I can do mixing from. The VPC and it's top make this good to do. A small desktop so to speak.
This is shaping up to me a much more impressive sound than I had ever thought a software piano would have. I'll experiment some with pianoteq. Everything is sounding much better.
I"m not sure at what point I'll post pictures. Right now it's all shaping up to look really good. Kinda embarrassing. I is just poor folk. smile

Ron
rnaple #2289010 06/12/14 06:25 PM
N
N
... will add pictures to this post when I get this stuff here and the place done.

I'm still doing this. Expanded on what I had planned.
In doing so. I have my monitors placed perfectly for the room and "listening" position. One thing has surprised me with the Ivory. The imaging places the sound from the strings down low. As if the sound is literally coming from strings extending beyond, and in front of my VPC. Imaging wise, it's gives the impression there is an actual Grand piano there.
The sound keeps getting better as I set this place up properly for "listening". Still have to put together some trap panels for reflections. Also have plans for some soffit traps. The plan is that my playing position on the VPC is also my listening position. It is the place I can do mixing from. The VPC and it's top make this good to do. A small desktop so to speak.
This is shaping up to me a much more impressive sound than I had ever thought a software piano would have. I'll experiment some with pianoteq. Everything is sounding much better.
I"m not sure at what point I'll post pictures. Right now it's all shaping up to look really good. Kinda embarrassing. I is just poor folk. smile

I would love to see this. I am planning on putting my vpc1 under my flat screen when I move. I want to share a sound system and htpc between the two, but have no idea if it'll look good or not!

newbies #2289206 06/13/14 03:21 AM
R

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
R
Originally Posted by newbies

I would love to see this. I am planning on putting my vpc1 under my flat screen when I move. I want to share a sound system and htpc between the two, but have no idea if it'll look good or not!

Ok....maybe this will save me the embarrassment of posting when it's done. This is from the very back of this room.

I will have 2x2 foot soffit traps from floor to ceiling in both front corners. Also one in a corner in the back of the room. Will have three traps to each side and on ceiling around piano to take out early reflections. They are bad right now. Will probably just put the other three panels in the window then close drapes and vertical blinds when I want it real good. (Only at night...plants need light) Waiting on this stuff to arrive now.
Just received the monitor stands. If you notice. I haven't adjusted them for the uneven floor yet. Don't have my good monitors on there either. Only put them up when I want really good. These monitors are probably 90% of the good ones.
I have sixty dollars worth of black fleece I plan to put on tables and the box under the window.
As you see. The computer is still out and not in that box under the window yet. I haven't received the long USB cable yet.

EDIT: If you look at earlier pictures I have in this thread. The piano is now where there was an exercise floor. The floor is in the first bedroom. That room is devoted to that now.

EDIT2: Due to the cheap camera lens. (I is poor folk) Things farther away look smaller. So the TV appears smaller than in reality. It's a 40 incher. Plenty big. Works perfectly above my music stand when playing.

EDIT3: Forgot to say. The soffit traps. They are for bass. This room has wall to wall carpet. That knocks down the highs while not doing much at all for the bass. Trapping the bass reflections does much to even out the sound. Even increases the actual bass. Gets rid of any hint of that boomy box rap like bass sound.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by rnaple; 06/13/14 04:11 AM.

Ron
rnaple #2289218 06/13/14 04:05 AM
Things usually do look smaller when further away . . grin but a 40 inch screen looks nice . . .and you can roll around the room on that wheely seat whilst admiring the Doppler effect of the music you just played and recorded . . .

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission