2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
36 members (20/20 Vision, Animisha, beeboss, Cominut, brennbaer, crab89, aphexdisklavier, admodios, busa, drumour, 4 invisible), 1,281 guests, and 259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 26 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 25 26
B
B
Yeah where? I'm interested too. I look through eBay and see no such 999 p255. Sometimes the seller can place a hefty ship charge on it or may be mistaken w the model number or it may be slightly defective or used.

Anyways I would still get a p155 if it fell anywhere less than a 999

Next Monday is Presidents Day. For the last few years MusiciansFriend.com has posted a Presidents Day coupon-code for 15% off a single item of $199 or more with free shipping. That would bring the P155 down to $849 shipped. (Which you also could have gotten last Thanksgiving/Black Friday.)

C
C
how does the sound compare to the p155 and es100 also what about the kurzweil sp4

Last edited by connor; 02/13/14 12:59 AM.
C
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
C
Originally Posted by connor
. . . So basically should i grab a 155,255, MP6, or a FP7

PMFJI --

I've tested the P155 and FP-7F, and I own a PX-350. My opinion, for what it's worth:

. . . The FP-7F (different from the FP-7) is in a better
. . . class of DP's than the P155 and PX-350.

It is closer to an acoustic piano than either of them. Now, you have to accept the "SuperNatural Sound" from the Roland. Some people don't like that; I think it's OK. And the nice keyboard action, and lush resonances, coming out of the FP-7F, make up for any "artificiality" of individual notes. [That's if there _is_ any "artificiality", which is open to debate.]

It's tough to describe the differences in words. You have to put on headphones, close your eyes, hit the keys, and ask:

. . . Does it feel like I'm playing an acoustic piano?

. . . If not, how far off is it?

The judgement isn't mystical, but it _is_ subjective.

. Charles

PS -- I don't know if that was helpful, or not.

. Charles
---------------------------
PX-350 / Roland Gaia / Pianoteq
D
D
Hi Daniel, thanks for this. Wow, must have taken you a while to review these. For what it's worth, I've reviewed some of these on digitalpianocompare, specifically:

Casio
- Casio CDP-120: http://www.digitalpianocompare.co.uk/casio-cdp-120-digital-piano-review/
- Casio PX-150: http://www.digitalpianocompare.co.uk/casio-px-150-digital-piano-review/
- Casio PX-350: http://www.digitalpianocompare.co.uk/casio-px-350-digital-piano-review/

Yamaha
- Yamaha P-35: http://www.digitalpianocompare.co.uk/yamaha-p-35-digital-piano-review/
- Yamaha P-105: http://www.digitalpianocompare.co.uk/yamaha-p-105-digital-piano-review/
- Yamaha P-155: http://www.digitalpianocompare.co.uk/yamaha-p-155-digital-piano-review/
- Yamaha DGX-650: http://www.digitalpianocompare.co.uk/yamaha-dgx-650-digital-piano-review/

Don't know whether these are helpful but thought I'd share.

Thanks, digitalpianocompare
http://www.digitalpianocompare.co.uk

OP Offline
I need is people giving specific information that is missing. Has been a few months and practically noone has summit useful information.

If you have a digital piano of the list, and you see parts of information that are missing (are colored red), please consider posting the info.

Thanks

Long time piano player, with 7 years experience working in restaurants and doing gigs in random places.

My project: Comparison of Portable Digital Pianos under 1000 US$

Owner of Kawai ES100
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Originally Posted by digipianocompare

What was the website URL again?

I can appreciate that you wish to direct people toward your affiliate sponsored site, but a little subtlety wouldn't hurt.

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Originally Posted by digipianocompare

What was the website URL again?

I can appreciate that you wish to direct people toward your affiliate sponsored site, but a little subtlety wouldn't hurt.

I just read one of the "reviews". Not seeing a lot of value add over promo material straight from the manufacturer. What is the point of these sites? Certainly not to ruffle feathers or call a spade a spade. I don't get the sense that the reviewer ever set eyes on the DP under review, or cracked the manual for that matter.

Online Content
Originally Posted by dewster
What is the point of these sites?

Visitors read their favourable reviews, then click the 'Buy' links. The website receives revenue for every link clicked from the online store (the URLs are purposely shortened to hide their affiliateID info).

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
S
S
Originally Posted by Daniel Richter
I need is people giving specific information that is missing. Has been a few months and practically noone has summit useful information.

https://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2245537/Re:_Jay_from_Roland_saying_Hi!.html#Post2245537 smile

S
S
This is ALMOST the perfect thread for me. The only problem is I'm looking for a good, sub $1,000 console digital. Is there a similar thread for console digitals?

If not, maybe I could just sneak a few console recs. I'd like it to look as much like an acoustic piano as possible. (My wife wants one half for the aesthetics, the other half to try to get our kids interested.)

I like what I've seen in Yamahas, but the ones at that price point seem to be sort of "gutted" compared to the ones $1500 and up. I just today heard about the Casio PX-780, and though I was at first avoiding the Casio name, this one has what looks like mid-range DP features at an entry DP price.

Any specific recommendations for a good CONSOLE digital close to $1000? I could go a teensy over for the right instrument.

P
pwl Offline
Silver Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by splendorlex
Any specific recommendations for a good CONSOLE digital close to $1000? I could go a teensy over for the right instrument.

Casio PX-850 or Kawai KDP90.

N
N
Apologies if this has been specifically asked before (I'm sure it has....)

My 6yo is in the early stages of learning so looking for a DP. My wife and I both played to a reasonable standard when younger so hopefully we can pick it up again as well.

Budget up to c£600. It's going to be in the living room so needs to look ok. Emphasis on something that is as piano-like as possible in terms of feel plus a reasonable sound. Gadgets and gizmos far less important.

Three options (ok, maybe four) in mind and my interpretation of various reviews:

Casio PX150 - good feel to keyboard, let down by sound.
Yamaha P105 - £70 more than PX150. Sounds better but suggestion that feel of keys not quite as good.
Casio PX750 - £40 more than P105, more 'piano-like', good sound, includes lid so might look a bit tidier.

The fourth option - £70 more than the PX750 is the PX850. Looks like a better machine but not much more money due to Casio offering £100 cashback at the moment. Is it beyond what we would need? Aware that it is easy to get caught in a 'just £50 more' upwards spiral and going even futher beyond my ideal budget!

Please feel free to correct my impressions and add any other thoughts!

Thank you

L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
Originally Posted by nd73
Apologies if this has been specifically asked before (I'm sure it has....)

My 6yo is in the early stages of learning so looking for a DP. My wife and I both played to a reasonable standard when younger so hopefully we can pick it up again as well.

Budget up to c£600. It's going to be in the living room so needs to look ok. Emphasis on something that is as piano-like as possible in terms of feel plus a reasonable sound. Gadgets and gizmos far less important.

Three options (ok, maybe four) in mind and my interpretation of various reviews:

Casio PX150 - good feel to keyboard, let down by sound.
Yamaha P105 - £70 more than PX150. Sounds better but suggestion that feel of keys not quite as good.
Casio PX750 - £40 more than P105, more 'piano-like', good sound, includes lid so might look a bit tidier.

The fourth option - £70 more than the PX750 is the PX850. Looks like a better machine but not much more money due to Casio offering £100 cashback at the moment. Is it beyond what we would need? Aware that it is easy to get caught in a 'just £50 more' upwards spiral and going even futher beyond my ideal budget!

Please feel free to correct my impressions and add any other thoughts!

Thank you

I've got a Casio AP-245 which was on sale / special offer, but probably no longer available - it was £499 when it was being sold, and was / is the AP-250 rebadged to be sold for a limited time at a discount.

It's effectively the same as the PX-750, except is more the traditional looking digital piano, being part of the Celviano range, rather than the Privia range.

I've been very happy with it - especially the action. I've played some of the Yamaha models in music shops since buying mine, and the models around those prices, the keyboards seem to feel too light / soft in comparison - at least to me.

The PX-850 is a reasonable jump in spec (same action as the PX-750, same sound generation, just better polyphony, features and some enhancements). If you can stretch to the 850, that's what I'd get, if it's not that much more than your budget (with the cashback offer).

Truth be told, I was only going to by a basic / entry-level slab type digital piano and an X-frame stand for silent practice (I have an acoustic, upright piano already), but the AP-245 when it was being sold was too much digital piano for me to refuse for the price. The additional features of the PX-850 / AP-450 over the 750 / 250, weren't important to me, so unless the difference was quite close, I wouldn't have gone up a model.

If you get chance, though, play one of them. edit: just noticed your post suggests you've played the 750... The action should be common from the 750 and 850 (common throughout the x50 range), so if you get to play one, it's then going to come down to what you feel is important in spec. The 750 / 250 have 128 note polyphony, and a modest number of sounds / voices, whereas the 850 / 450 has 256 note polyphony, more sounds / voices, things like lid simulator, and some better recording / storing facilities, I think.

I suppose what matters is what you think you may make use of - if you've played the 750 and you're happy with the action, the 850 should be the same. Same with the fundamentals of the sound, although the 850 has more bells / whistles. If it's not a lot more extra, I'd go with it, if it's already stretching your upper limit on budget as is, you'd probably be happy with the 750.

N
N
Cheers. AP-245 currently available at £479 . The shop selling it describes it as not being very good and that all Casio range is way behind the Yamahas! The conflicting views of retailers only emphasises the value of forum such as this.

Last edited by nd73; 03/31/14 04:26 PM.
L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
Cheers. AP-245 currently available at £479 . The shop selling it describes it as not being very good and that all Casio range is way behind the Yamahas! The conflicting views of retailers only emphasises the value of forum such as this.

Well the AP-245 == AP-250, which is the same keyboard as the PX-750, just with a different stand and surround.

PX-850 == AP-450, so it depends on how they're all stacking up price wise, what your ceiling is on budget, and what features are of importance / likely to be important.

The action is common amongst all the current Celviano and Privia pianos.

I paid £519 for my AP-245 bundled with a Stagg adjustable piano stool, at the turn of 2013 / 2014. I've been delighted with it. I stretched my budget a little for it and am glad I did. Since I've seen some very good deals for PX-850s on occasion - but I don't regret stretching myself that bit more, because at the time, they weren't as cheap, and the AP-245 / AP-250 was well worth it at the £500 price.

What's your ideal budget and what price can you get the PX-850 for? If the AP-245 is a fair bit cheaper than the PX-750, then it's a no brainer - assuming it's not a well-used demonstration model - it's the same digital piano, just packaged up a bit more traditionally.

N
N
AP-245 is new and £479 (with stool)
Equivalent PX-750 bundle is £629
Equivalent PX-850 bundle is £699 (after cash back)

Had a budget of £600 in mind but there is some flexibility in that if it's worthwhile.

AP-245 sounds a good deal though.

C
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
C
. . .
The PX-850 is a reasonable jump in spec (same action as the PX-750, same sound generation, just better polyphony, features and some enhancements). If you can stretch to the 850, that's what I'd get, if it's not that much more than your budget (with the cashback offer). . . .

+1.

The PX-850 has a better sound-generator than the PX-750, I think. The keyboard mechanism is identical.

. Charles

PS -- I own a PX-350, the "slab version" of the PX-780 ( I think!).

. Charles
---------------------------
PX-350 / Roland Gaia / Pianoteq
L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L

Had a budget of £600 in mind but there is some flexibility in that if it's worthwhile.

Tricky one, really. The AP-245 is an absolute bargain at that price, especially as it includes a stool.

+220 for an 850, after cash-back? Tricky really. I think the 850 and 450 are truly excellent at their price point, but that 245 is bargain-tastic at that price.

The action is the same, I guess what you need to decide is whether the extra bells and whistles are worth the extra 220 once the cash-back offer applies. Personally I'd go with the 245, but were the 850 only 100 more expensive and I'd stretch for it. The 245 has the new AiR sound generation, just not things like the lid simulator, and has 128 polyphony instead of 256.

N
N
Originally Posted by Lester Burnham

Tricky one, really. The AP-245 is an absolute bargain at that price, especially as it includes a stool.

+220 for an 850, after cash-back? Tricky really. I think the 850 and 450 are truly excellent at their price point, but that 245 is bargain-tastic at that price.

The action is the same, I guess what you need to decide is whether the extra bells and whistles are worth the extra 220 once the cash-back offer applies. Personally I'd go with the 245, but were the 850 only 100 more expensive and I'd stretch for it. The 245 has the new AiR sound generation, just not things like the lid simulator, and has 128 polyphony instead of 256.

If it was between the 750 and 850 I'd definitely upgrade for the sake of £70. A £220 difference (50% near enough) is far more difficult justify when the action is the same.

Thanks for the comments so far.

Page 9 of 26 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,179
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission