2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
60 members (Barry_Braksick, BadSanta, danbot3, Animisha, Burkhard, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 11 invisible), 1,849 guests, and 279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
DanL Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hello everyone! Finally I had the rare chance to make a complete video of this great work by Ludwig van Beethoven.

I know this video could be one hundred times better, but right now I'm very busy with my study for the last year at high school, I promise I'll make better videos as soon as I've passed all the exams with a good result this year!

Here it is: http://youtu.be/K_sE8ALLGGg

Please listen to it if you have the time smile.

Many thanks!
DanL

Last edited by DanL; 03/27/14 12:01 PM.

My YouTube channel
Yamaha U300. Roland FP30. Kawai ES110 (returned). Kohler & Campbell (practice room). Zoom H2n Handy Recorder.
Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
One other thing you could do - but obviously you don't have the time! - is to acknowledge the time and effort that was spent in writing a lengthy comment on your earlier post of the first movement of this Sonata.

BruceD
- - - - -
Estonia 190
.....a most reasonable thought, I would say. smile

Internet behavior is still evolving. (How profound!) grin
And the rules and guidelines of etiquette (or whatever we want to call it) are fuzzy, actually mostly nonexistent.

So, we can't say anyone "has to" do this-or-that. But for sure, just as in real life, whatever we do or don't do affects what might happen the next time around. When someone doesn't come back with anything in reply to a post like that one that you did on the other thread, it doesn't help someone get a lot of response on their next post.

Dan -- I don't mean this particularly just aimed at you, because this happens a fair amount, not just on this site but everywhere.

.....and as long as I'm here smile I'll say a little about the video (listened to some of the beginning). You're doing all right, and of course you have the notes. As you said, it could be a lot better, and I'll mention just a few aspects.

Listen carefully about the rhythms. Lots of it is 'just a little bit off' -- like, not holding the longer notes quite long enough, not waiting quite long enough on rests, and unevenness. Also, the phrasing, dynamics, and 'touch' can use a lot of work. There's not much ebb-and-flow within a phrase; actually the way I want to put it is that there isn't much phrasing. Things sort of start-and-stop rather than go somewhere. The way you play 'short notes' often doesn't really work. Sometimes they sound sort of too short, i.e. clipped, and sometimes they're not really short; sometimes in a sequence of them, they're not consistently the same. I guess I'll leave it there -- you get the idea; there are lots of details where you're not quite there. But you've got a good start.

D
DanL Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by BruceD
One other thing you could do - but obviously you don't have the time! - is to acknowledge the time and effort that was spent in writing a lengthy comment on your earlier post of the first movement of this Sonata.

to BrudeD: I'm really really sorry about that! I'm truly put under great pressure of studying, but I guess I can't make any excuse for being SO careless... But I'm really sorry. It won't happen again, I'll try to post something when I have the time to reply. Please accept my apologize this one time!

Originally Posted by Mark_C
.....a most reasonable thought, I would say. smile

Internet behavior is still evolving. (How profound!) grin
And the rules and guidelines of etiquette (or whatever we want to call it) are fuzzy, actually mostly nonexistent.

So, we can't say anyone "has to" do this-or-that. But for sure, just as in real life, whatever we do or don't do affects what might happen the next time around. When someone doesn't come back with anything in reply to a post like that one that you did on the other thread, it doesn't help someone get a lot of response on their next post.

Dan -- I don't mean this particularly just aimed at you, because this happens a fair amount, not just on this site but everywhere.

.....and as long as I'm here smile I'll say a little about the video (listened to some of the beginning). You're doing all right, and of course you have the notes. As you said, it could be a lot better, and I'll mention just a few aspects.

Listen carefully about the rhythms. Lots of it is 'just a little bit off' -- like, not holding the longer notes quite long enough, not waiting quite long enough on rests, and unevenness. Also, the phrasing, dynamics, and 'touch' can use a lot of work. There's not much ebb-and-flow within a phrase; actually the way I want to put it is that there isn't much phrasing. Things sort of start-and-stop rather than go somewhere. The way you play 'short notes' often doesn't really work. Sometimes they sound sort of too short, i.e. clipped, and sometimes they're not really short; sometimes in a sequence of them, they're not consistently the same. I guess I'll leave it there -- you get the idea; there are lots of details where you're not quite there. But you've got a good start.

I'm sorry about being so careless, and not reply your replies. Thanks a lot for reminding me of that. It wont happen again.

Thanks!

My YouTube channel
Yamaha U300. Roland FP30. Kawai ES110 (returned). Kohler & Campbell (practice room). Zoom H2n Handy Recorder.
Dan: Very nice replies, and....despite my saying what I said before, I don't think you have to feel that bad about it. smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,633
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission