2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
27 members (Burkhard, AlkansBookcase, brennbaer, cmoody31, dh371, 20/20 Vision, admodios, clothearednincompo, 6 invisible), 1,217 guests, and 325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
Yea AimeeO!

Cathy

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
W
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
W
I am officially closing the recital and expect to have results for you tomorrow!

Whizbang
amateur ragtime pianist
https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeschala
A

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013
500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
Ha! Most. Error-Filled. Recording. Ever. And the third section has me banging out of frustration! I forgot to not use this one!

A

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
Omg I just listened to it and the second half is completely wrecked - I wholly apologize to anyone who loves this piece. I might have to do a redemption recording for a quarterly recital.

Last edited by AimeeO; 03/15/14 01:04 AM.
B
B
Originally Posted by AimeeO
Omg I just listened to it and the second half is completely wrecked - I wholly apologize to anyone who loves this piece. I might have to do a redemption recording for a quarterly recital.

No worries. We all succeeded in submitting something that we all worked on past few weeks months. Whatever we submitted including all errors and whatever wreckage (you should here mine) is all behind us and let us cheer on the success of not quitting and learning for the future recital. We only can get better and better. That is the celebration here.
I for one thought repeatedly about quitting and not submitting anything. That would have been the real wreckage..if we did. We fought and submitted something.

A
A
Yes, what Brian said! We all did it. I will be listening with pleasure, not to criticize. We are a forum of adults either fairly new to the piano or picking up where we left off years ago, not professionals. There is much joy in what we are doing.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
This is gonna be a lot o` FUN!! Jopl;in`s fun to begin with; that`s why he was popular, and still is.

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
D
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by jotur
All Joplin is a work in progress

True!

It has some sloppier places than the first one, but it has a *lot* more music.

That was my dilemma - the recording I did yesterday was definitely more musical but sloppiness was too apparent so I stuck with an earlier one with fewer errors.

R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R

I've enjoyed hearing you guys ham around about this event since it began and especially this last week ... really looking forward to listening to everybody play no matter what shape it's in ... reminds me a lot of team camaraderie.

Rerun

"Seat of the pants piano player" DMD

[Linked Image]

R

Silver Supporter until April 24 2014
2000 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until April 24 2014
2000 Post Club Member
R
I just got up. Needing to get to work.
I see it is no easy task posting the recital. Appreciate your efforts Whizbang. Appreciate your putting on this recital.
Hopefully when I get home. Will be able to listen to everyone's work.

I wouldn't worry about anyone's recording. Mine is at the bottom, definitely. Everyone else. It all comes down to a reason to work on this music. It's always been good stuff. Ever since I was a kid and listened to Marvin Hamlish's work in The Sting. I still think he did a beautiful job. Joplin has had my interest ever since then. It's all about working on something that you love. That's where the motivation comes from to play piano well.

For me personally. This recital came along at a time when I was literally banging my head against the wall trying to play both hands. This piece helped me tremendously to break through that wall. Yes in all joking....it's all Whizbang's fault. I'm very thankful to Joplin and this recital.
Now my teacher tells me that difficulty will always be there. He plays at an extremely high level. Showed me something he plays now in left hand and has difficulty getting the right hand. This is a guy who threw several Rag's at me. Even played Maple Leaf too fast just for an example. Just off the top of his head! Geesh... It all comes down to what he advises me. The only reason you won't drop a piece is that you love it.

I hope those who didn't get their piece in by last night. That they would post them in the quarterly recital.

Ron
Your brain is a sponge. Keep it wet. Mary Gae George
The focus of your personal practice is discipline. Not numbers. Scott Sonnon
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
Originally Posted by Rerun

I've enjoyed hearing you guys ham around about this event since it began and especially this last week ... really looking forward to listening to everybody play no matter what shape it's in ... reminds me a lot of team camaraderie.

Wow! You know how to spell camaraderie! The last time I tried to use it I had to look it up!

Yeah, yea to all of us who made it! I am really looking forward to this.

Thank you so much, Whizbang.

Cathy

Cathy
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
P
P
OMG, I hadn't logged in into PW for awhile and for some reason I thought the submission deadline is March 15 (today), not yesterday. frown I've been very busy with a new job and was planning to record today. frown

Oh well, no one to blame but myself... I think I will still record the piece today. Looking forward to hearing everyone's submissions.

Working on RCM Grade 9
W
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
W
Originally Posted by peekay
OMG, I hadn't logged in into PW for awhile and for some reason I thought the submission deadline is March 15 (today), not yesterday. frown I've been very busy with a new job and was planning to record today. frown

Oh well, no one to blame but myself... I think I will still record the piece today. Looking forward to hearing everyone's submissions.

I'm sorry about that peekay! I actually think I found a bug in the recital software. One of the things you fill in is the recital date--I entered March 15. Another one of the things you fill in is the number of hours before midnight that you wanted submissions in by. I wanted to give people till midnight so I entered 0.

So then the recital software assumed that I meant midnight on February 14, not February 15!

Whizbang
amateur ragtime pianist
https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeschala
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission