2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.9 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Petrof Pianos
Petrof Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Karsten Collection
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Who's Online Now
42 members (blue_view_laguna, AZNpiano, Beowulf, apianostudent, ChatNoir, AWilley, ConEspressione, Alex C, 10 invisible), 428 guests, and 404 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 27 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 26 27
Re: MOYD 2014
casinitaly #2244005 03/10/14 01:48 AM
T
T
Hello...I was doing great since we started at the beginning of the year but I fell off the wagon yesterday- HOW SAD. frown I could just not say anything,I thought to myself... but I want to keep honest and it will nag me each time I sit at the piano. I will say that my promise to play everyday, even a little bit, has kept me motivated this year. I didn't think that it would do so much but it has. I want my squiggle icon!! So, to stay true I am here now to say that YES I fell off but today I got right back on! Yea!!

So my reason? I was pretty doggone tired. Still tired but I got my practice in and once I got going, I forgot about the tiredness and the headache. But, it has returned. (sigh) I should go on to bed then. Back on the wagon for me!!!

-SY
DeColores!
mid-level beginner pianist (again) serious as of Dec 2013!
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
therightmoment #2244107 03/10/14 08:22 AM
B
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
B
I applaud your honesty! And you're back on the wagon so put it behind you and look forward.

I'm really loving MOYD, it's a really effective motivator for me. There have been a few very busy days were I spent the bare minimum at the bench. And one day in particular the time was *so* minimal that I had to consider whether I deserved to count it in at all. But technically, I did sit down and play a few bars so I decided I had met the minimum requirement!
I'm really hoping to make it to the end of Q1 with no days missed or even excused. I've a fair bit of travel coming after that so will have to come and make my excuses, but in keeping with the rules I'll shut up now until the time comes for me to ask to be excused :-)

[Linked Image]
casinitaly #2244831 03/11/14 04:34 PM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I fell off the wagon. I've been concentrating more on guitar lately and got to the point where I was just playing scales for a few minutes, which for me is defeating the purpose. I'm still practicing, but I will fully jump back on next year 'cause I want to be on the purist list.

casinitaly #2244867 03/11/14 05:53 PM

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

7000 Post Club Member
Sorry you have fallen off Triryche - not too many get to stay on the "pure" list, but you still qualify for the badge if you keep getting back on the wagon.

Do what works for you - on or off smile

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

casinitaly #2245277 03/12/14 11:37 AM
S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
Can I be taken off the list, please?

I haven't played the piano in days, and I don't really see that changing in the near future. I've stopped taking lessons. I am no longer welcome at my music school. That's gonna take a while to get over.

Plodding through piano music at a frustratingly slow pace since 9/2012.

Standard disclaimer: I teach many things. Piano is not one of them.
Saranoya #2245343 03/12/14 12:51 PM

7000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Saranoya

I haven't played the piano in days, and I don't really see that changing in the near future. I've stopped taking lessons. I am no longer welcome at my music school. That's gonna take a while to get over.

Well, of course you can come off the list. Though I'm really sorry to see you doing this, I can see that something has really gone off the rails here.

You know I wish you well in getting through it.

[Linked Image]

Saranoya #2245432 03/12/14 03:50 PM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

Awww Saranoya, I'm so sorry to hear this trouble you're facing. Please don't hesitate to PM me if you need to talk about it. I hope you'll stick around here in the forums too. Maybe a little piano therapy will help, try to play if you can, even if you don't want to, it may help. frown

Ragdoll

At first, she only flew when she thought no one was watching.

[Linked Image]
Saranoya #2245798 03/13/14 08:49 AM
M
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
M

I am really sorry for your troubles. Perhaps it's a good time to take a break form piano a bit, and let things cool down emotionally. It will draw you back eventually. smile

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Saranoya #2246351 03/14/14 06:01 AM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

That's why you disappeared from AOTW thread! I'm really sorry you are having trouble with piano. I'm looking forward to meeting you in Lisbon smile!

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
casinitaly #2247396 03/16/14 11:04 AM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I was off the wagon yesterday frown .... but had a good excuse! smile

We went to spend the day out and see the opera "La Traviata", and it was too late by the time we came back for me to even open the lid of the piano... busy enough cleaning all the paint from my face! laugh

But I'm back today! grin

Ta-daaaaa, ta-da-ta-da-ta-ta-ri-ra-raaaaaaaaaaa

Serious since Dec 2013. March 2014, Kawai CA95!

Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted

[Linked Image]
casinitaly #2247631 03/16/14 08:08 PM

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013
Oops--totally missed Saturday, but back on the wagon today.

tinman1943
Adult Learner
--Music is poetry; why print it like prose?--
casinitaly #2247866 03/17/14 11:39 AM
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
It think it is amazing how this virtual support system can be so supportive and effective.
So sorry to hear Saranoya suffering so much it hinders her music playing.
Excited to hear of the fun things like bonsai and opera that take others away for the keys for a bit.
Really sympathize with those who feel unwell and just can't play, and totally relate to those who just 'miss out' a day.
That's why I'm 'fessing up' today.
Last Saturday 15th March, The Ides of March, was my first real downfall, apart from travel commitments, since i started over a year ago. I did not even play a scale. And I didn't even realize I'd missed a day til half way through Sunday. I felt constantly just a little guilty for something I couldn't identify all the next day. Then Sunday when I sat at the piano I realized why. I'd not played yesterday, AND I didn't write it up here.
Double guilt load as I read all of you owning up to your commitment here.
My excuse ( - is one ever valid? )
We were releasing our new vintage of Woops? - next vintage of Oops, the Platinum winner last year.
It has been a really fun event with a countdown clock and all sorts of crazy stuff happening over the valley - creating the anticipation of the French Beaujolais race to get your hands on the first bottles.
We were 'on duty' at our biggest customers store to uncover the cases which were shrouded and chained to the displays, and to make a fuss of the first buyers!. Then followed a similar series of celebrations around our other local venues, and with our staff at the end of the day.
When I got home again I just flopped into bed not even thinking about practice. I should have realized the day was going to be crazy and practised first thing that morning.
But what a practise I had on Sunday!
Somethings just fell into place and I should have recorded!
Beethoven Bagatelle No2 down - moving on to No3!. Debussy Dr G ad P - perfect - I wow'd myself! - on to Snowflake one I've always wanted to play.
The jazzy Old Fashioned Waltz is making sense - and I even got through Chopin's Nocturne 27's 'embroidery'- I'm ready to put it together!
By the end of March maybe my self inflicted Quarterly Review will be positive!
Good luck to the rest of you - it is worth it.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

casinitaly #2247916 03/17/14 01:45 PM

7000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

7000 Post Club Member
Well, I think that's the longest background story to falling off the wagon I've heard to date smile

Congrats on your wine!

Sounds like a very good reason to have missed a day - let me boost you back up !

[Linked Image]

Palmpirate #2247923 03/17/14 01:55 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by Palmpirate
It think it is amazing how this virtual support system can be so supportive and effective.
Excited to hear of the fun things like bonsai and opera that take others away for the keys for a bit.
Really sympathize with those who feel unwell and just can't play, and totally relate to those who just 'miss out' a day.
Last Saturday 15th March, The Ides of March, was my first real downfall, apart from travel commitments, since i started over a year ago. I did not even play a scale. And I didn't even realize I'd missed a day til half way through Sunday. I felt constantly just a little guilty for something I couldn't identify all the next day. Then Sunday when I sat at the piano I realized why. I'd not played yesterday, AND I didn't write it up here.
We were releasing our new vintage of Woops? - next vintage of Oops, the Platinum winner last year.
It has been a really fun event with a countdown clock and all sorts of crazy stuff happening over the valley - creating the anticipation of the French Beaujolais race to get your hands on the first bottles.
We were 'on duty' at our biggest customers store to uncover the cases which were shrouded and chained to the displays, and to make a fuss of the first buyers!. Then followed a similar series of celebrations around our other local venues, and with our staff at the end of the day.
When I got home again I just flopped into bed not even thinking about practice. I should have realized the day was going to be crazy and practised first thing that morning.
Beethoven Bagatelle No2 down - moving on to No3!. Debussy Dr G ad P - perfect - I wow'd myself! - on to Snowflake one I've always wanted to play.
The jazzy Old Fashioned Waltz is making sense - and I even got through Chopin's Nocturne 27's 'embroidery'- I'm ready to put it together!

Well, for penance for your transgressions, I think a free bottle of wine sent to all the MOYD participants is in order. Do I get a second on my motion? wink

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Morodiene #2247943 03/17/14 02:48 PM

7000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Morodiene
Originally Posted by Palmpirate

Well, for penance for your transgressions, I think a free bottle of wine sent to all the MOYD participants is in order. Do I get a second on my motion? wink

Yes, I second the motion smile

[Linked Image]

casinitaly #2248725 03/19/14 04:58 AM

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
1000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
1000 Post Club Member
I'm sorry to say that I didn't practice at all on Monday 17/3!
My sad story is that we got back from a trip to lago Maggiore at 10 pm and I simply forgot that I could still sit at the piano for 5 minutes. I just went straight to bed instead frown

Morodiene #2248727 03/19/14 05:30 AM
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
[quote=Morodiene

Well, for penance for your transgressions, I think a free bottle of wine sent to all the MOYD participants is in order. Do I get a second on my motion? wink[/quote]

Well, if I ever get to meet any of you it will be my delight to share some with you!
Cheers!http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/images/icons/default/smile.gif

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

casinitaly #2248729 03/19/14 05:35 AM
W
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
W
It must be good stuff, it clearly affected your forum abilities wink (the quote and smiley)

casinitaly #2248741 03/19/14 06:18 AM

7000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

7000 Post Club Member
Quite a few tumbles from the wagon this week! Hope everyone is all comfy back on their benches!

[Linked Image]

casinitaly #2248753 03/19/14 07:15 AM
W
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
W
Very glad to say: No days left unpracticed yet smile

Page 11 of 27 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 26 27

Moderated by  BB Player 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Hand Sanitizer for Musicians
Hand Sanitizer for Musicians
Musician's Hand Sanitizer available in our online store (and our Maple Street Music shop in Cornish Maine). Antibacterial, 62% ethyl alcohol. Hand Sanitizer for Musicians
Tons more music related products in our online store!
What's Hot!!
News from the Piano World
Where Did The Buttons Go?!
----------------------
Our April 2020 Newsletter Available Online Now...
The Piano World During the Pandemic!
----------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kawai ES110 to ableton live 10
by izumi - 06/01/20 07:07 PM
Request for bottom view picture of the Kawai VPC1
by Ivan Soto - 06/01/20 06:27 PM
Bluetooth headphones with digital piano?
by Eric NYC - 06/01/20 06:06 PM
Quiz Time...
by kpembrook - 06/01/20 05:04 PM
Wouldn’t it be nice to get a decent piano book
by Speedy78 - 06/01/20 02:43 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics199,345
Posts2,964,997
Members97,272
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2020 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission