Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.7 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Who's Online Now
51 registered members (Brahms4, AlphaBravoCharlie, Alex Hutor, amis, Animisha, astrotoy, apianostudent, 16 invisible), 1,580 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 27 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 26 27
Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: casinitaly] #2244005
03/10/14 01:48 AM
03/10/14 01:48 AM
WA, USA
T
therightmoment Offline
therightmoment  Offline
T

WA, USA
Hello...I was doing great since we started at the beginning of the year but I fell off the wagon yesterday- HOW SAD. frown I could just not say anything,I thought to myself... but I want to keep honest and it will nag me each time I sit at the piano. I will say that my promise to play everyday, even a little bit, has kept me motivated this year. I didn't think that it would do so much but it has. I want my squiggle icon!! So, to stay true I am here now to say that YES I fell off but today I got right back on! Yea!!

So my reason? I was pretty doggone tired. Still tired but I got my practice in and once I got going, I forgot about the tiredness and the headache. But, it has returned. (sigh) I should go on to bed then. Back on the wagon for me!!!

-SY
DeColores!
mid-level beginner pianist (again) serious as of Dec 2013!
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: therightmoment] #2244107
03/10/14 08:22 AM
03/10/14 08:22 AM
B
barbaram Offline

1000 Post Club Member
barbaram  Offline

1000 Post Club Member
B

I applaud your honesty! And you're back on the wagon so put it behind you and look forward.

I'm really loving MOYD, it's a really effective motivator for me. There have been a few very busy days were I spent the bare minimum at the bench. And one day in particular the time was *so* minimal that I had to consider whether I deserved to count it in at all. But technically, I did sit down and play a few bars so I decided I had met the minimum requirement!
I'm really hoping to make it to the end of Q1 with no days missed or even excused. I've a fair bit of travel coming after that so will have to come and make my excuses, but in keeping with the rules I'll shut up now until the time comes for me to ask to be excused :-)

Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: casinitaly] #2244831
03/11/14 04:34 PM
03/11/14 04:34 PM
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Triryche Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Triryche  Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
I fell off the wagon. I've been concentrating more on guitar lately and got to the point where I was just playing scales for a few minutes, which for me is defeating the purpose. I'm still practicing, but I will fully jump back on next year 'cause I want to be on the purist list.

Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: casinitaly] #2244867
03/11/14 05:53 PM
03/11/14 05:53 PM
Italy
casinitaly Offline OP

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
casinitaly  Offline OP

7000 Post Club Member

Italy
Sorry you have fallen off Triryche - not too many get to stay on the "pure" list, but you still qualify for the badge if you keep getting back on the wagon.

Do what works for you - on or off smile

[Linked Image]

Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: casinitaly] #2245277
03/12/14 11:37 AM
03/12/14 11:37 AM
Brussels, Belgium
S
Saranoya Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Saranoya  Offline
1000 Post Club Member
S

Brussels, Belgium
Can I be taken off the list, please?

I haven't played the piano in days, and I don't really see that changing in the near future. I've stopped taking lessons. I am no longer welcome at my music school. That's gonna take a while to get over.

Plodding through piano music at a frustratingly slow pace since 9/2012.

Standard disclaimer: I teach many things. Piano is not one of them.
Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: Saranoya] #2245343
03/12/14 12:51 PM
03/12/14 12:51 PM
Italy
casinitaly Offline OP

casinitaly  Offline OP

7000 Post Club Member

Italy
Originally Posted by Saranoya

I haven't played the piano in days, and I don't really see that changing in the near future. I've stopped taking lessons. I am no longer welcome at my music school. That's gonna take a while to get over.

Well, of course you can come off the list. Though I'm really sorry to see you doing this, I can see that something has really gone off the rails here.

You know I wish you well in getting through it.

[Linked Image]

Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: Saranoya] #2245432
03/12/14 03:50 PM
03/12/14 03:50 PM
Illinois
Ragdoll Offline
500 Post Club Member
Ragdoll  Offline
500 Post Club Member

Illinois

Awww Saranoya, I'm so sorry to hear this trouble you're facing. Please don't hesitate to PM me if you need to talk about it. I hope you'll stick around here in the forums too. Maybe a little piano therapy will help, try to play if you can, even if you don't want to, it may help. frown

Ragdoll

At first, she only flew when she thought no one was watching.

[Linked Image]
Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: Saranoya] #2245798
03/13/14 08:49 AM
03/13/14 08:49 AM
Boynton Beach, FL
Morodiene Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Morodiene  Offline

Boynton Beach, FL

I am really sorry for your troubles. Perhaps it's a good time to take a break form piano a bit, and let things cool down emotionally. It will draw you back eventually. smile

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: Saranoya] #2246351
03/14/14 06:01 AM
03/14/14 06:01 AM
Italy
torquenale Offline
500 Post Club Member
torquenale  Offline
500 Post Club Member

Italy

That's why you disappeared from AOTW thread! I'm really sorry you are having trouble with piano. I'm looking forward to meeting you in Lisbon smile!

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: casinitaly] #2247396
03/16/14 11:04 AM
03/16/14 11:04 AM
Spanish living in UK
evamar Offline
500 Post Club Member
evamar  Offline
500 Post Club Member

Spanish living in UK
I was off the wagon yesterday frown .... but had a good excuse! smile

We went to spend the day out and see the opera "La Traviata", and it was too late by the time we came back for me to even open the lid of the piano... busy enough cleaning all the paint from my face! laugh

But I'm back today! grin

Ta-daaaaa, ta-da-ta-da-ta-ta-ri-ra-raaaaaaaaaaa

Serious since Dec 2013. March 2014, Kawai CA95!

Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted

[Linked Image]
Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: casinitaly] #2247631
03/16/14 08:08 PM
03/16/14 08:08 PM
NC
tinman1943 Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013
tinman1943  Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013

NC
Oops--totally missed Saturday, but back on the wagon today.

tinman1943
Adult Learner
--Music is poetry; why print it like prose?--
Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: casinitaly] #2247866
03/17/14 11:39 AM
03/17/14 11:39 AM
B.C.Canada
P
Palmpirate Offline
500 Post Club Member
Palmpirate  Offline
500 Post Club Member
P

B.C.Canada
It think it is amazing how this virtual support system can be so supportive and effective.
So sorry to hear Saranoya suffering so much it hinders her music playing.
Excited to hear of the fun things like bonsai and opera that take others away for the keys for a bit.
Really sympathize with those who feel unwell and just can't play, and totally relate to those who just 'miss out' a day.
That's why I'm 'fessing up' today.
Last Saturday 15th March, The Ides of March, was my first real downfall, apart from travel commitments, since i started over a year ago. I did not even play a scale. And I didn't even realize I'd missed a day til half way through Sunday. I felt constantly just a little guilty for something I couldn't identify all the next day. Then Sunday when I sat at the piano I realized why. I'd not played yesterday, AND I didn't write it up here.
Double guilt load as I read all of you owning up to your commitment here.
My excuse ( - is one ever valid? )
We were releasing our new vintage of Woops? - next vintage of Oops, the Platinum winner last year.
It has been a really fun event with a countdown clock and all sorts of crazy stuff happening over the valley - creating the anticipation of the French Beaujolais race to get your hands on the first bottles.
We were 'on duty' at our biggest customers store to uncover the cases which were shrouded and chained to the displays, and to make a fuss of the first buyers!. Then followed a similar series of celebrations around our other local venues, and with our staff at the end of the day.
When I got home again I just flopped into bed not even thinking about practice. I should have realized the day was going to be crazy and practised first thing that morning.
But what a practise I had on Sunday!
Somethings just fell into place and I should have recorded!
Beethoven Bagatelle No2 down - moving on to No3!. Debussy Dr G ad P - perfect - I wow'd myself! - on to Snowflake one I've always wanted to play.
The jazzy Old Fashioned Waltz is making sense - and I even got through Chopin's Nocturne 27's 'embroidery'- I'm ready to put it together!
By the end of March maybe my self inflicted Quarterly Review will be positive!
Good luck to the rest of you - it is worth it.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: casinitaly] #2247916
03/17/14 01:45 PM
03/17/14 01:45 PM
Italy
casinitaly Offline OP

casinitaly  Offline OP

7000 Post Club Member

Italy
Well, I think that's the longest background story to falling off the wagon I've heard to date smile

Congrats on your wine!

Sounds like a very good reason to have missed a day - let me boost you back up !

[Linked Image]

Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: Palmpirate] #2247923
03/17/14 01:55 PM
03/17/14 01:55 PM
Boynton Beach, FL
Morodiene Offline
Morodiene  Offline

Boynton Beach, FL
Originally Posted by Palmpirate
It think it is amazing how this virtual support system can be so supportive and effective.
Excited to hear of the fun things like bonsai and opera that take others away for the keys for a bit.
Really sympathize with those who feel unwell and just can't play, and totally relate to those who just 'miss out' a day.
Last Saturday 15th March, The Ides of March, was my first real downfall, apart from travel commitments, since i started over a year ago. I did not even play a scale. And I didn't even realize I'd missed a day til half way through Sunday. I felt constantly just a little guilty for something I couldn't identify all the next day. Then Sunday when I sat at the piano I realized why. I'd not played yesterday, AND I didn't write it up here.
We were releasing our new vintage of Woops? - next vintage of Oops, the Platinum winner last year.
It has been a really fun event with a countdown clock and all sorts of crazy stuff happening over the valley - creating the anticipation of the French Beaujolais race to get your hands on the first bottles.
We were 'on duty' at our biggest customers store to uncover the cases which were shrouded and chained to the displays, and to make a fuss of the first buyers!. Then followed a similar series of celebrations around our other local venues, and with our staff at the end of the day.
When I got home again I just flopped into bed not even thinking about practice. I should have realized the day was going to be crazy and practised first thing that morning.
Beethoven Bagatelle No2 down - moving on to No3!. Debussy Dr G ad P - perfect - I wow'd myself! - on to Snowflake one I've always wanted to play.
The jazzy Old Fashioned Waltz is making sense - and I even got through Chopin's Nocturne 27's 'embroidery'- I'm ready to put it together!

Well, for penance for your transgressions, I think a free bottle of wine sent to all the MOYD participants is in order. Do I get a second on my motion? wink

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: Morodiene] #2247943
03/17/14 02:48 PM
03/17/14 02:48 PM
Italy
casinitaly Offline OP

casinitaly  Offline OP

7000 Post Club Member

Italy
Originally Posted by Morodiene
Originally Posted by Palmpirate

Well, for penance for your transgressions, I think a free bottle of wine sent to all the MOYD participants is in order. Do I get a second on my motion? wink

Yes, I second the motion smile

[Linked Image]

Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: casinitaly] #2248725
03/19/14 04:58 AM
03/19/14 04:58 AM
Italy
sinophilia Offline

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
sinophilia  Offline

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014

1000 Post Club Member

Italy
I'm sorry to say that I didn't practice at all on Monday 17/3!
My sad story is that we got back from a trip to lago Maggiore at 10 pm and I simply forgot that I could still sit at the piano for 5 minutes. I just went straight to bed instead frown

Diana & Wally - Yamaha W110BW (U1)
To create a beautiful sound, one must imagine it at first and then learn to produce fluid physical motions that breathe life into music. (Shirley Kirsten)
http://youtube.com/sinophilia
Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: Morodiene] #2248727
03/19/14 05:30 AM
03/19/14 05:30 AM
B.C.Canada
P
Palmpirate Offline
500 Post Club Member
Palmpirate  Offline
500 Post Club Member
P

B.C.Canada
[quote=Morodiene

Well, for penance for your transgressions, I think a free bottle of wine sent to all the MOYD participants is in order. Do I get a second on my motion? wink[/quote]

Well, if I ever get to meet any of you it will be my delight to share some with you!
Cheers!http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/images/icons/default/smile.gif

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: casinitaly] #2248729
03/19/14 05:35 AM
03/19/14 05:35 AM
The Netherlands
W
WimPiano Offline
2000 Post Club Member
WimPiano  Offline
2000 Post Club Member
W

The Netherlands
It must be good stuff, it clearly affected your forum abilities wink (the quote and smiley)

Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: casinitaly] #2248741
03/19/14 06:18 AM
03/19/14 06:18 AM
Italy
casinitaly Offline OP

casinitaly  Offline OP

7000 Post Club Member

Italy
Quite a few tumbles from the wagon this week! Hope everyone is all comfy back on their benches!

[Linked Image]

Re: MOYD 2014 [Re: casinitaly] #2248753
03/19/14 07:15 AM
03/19/14 07:15 AM
The Netherlands
W
WimPiano Offline
2000 Post Club Member
WimPiano  Offline
2000 Post Club Member
W

The Netherlands
Very glad to say: No days left unpracticed yet smile

Page 11 of 27 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 26 27

Moderated by  BB Player 

Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Bechstein
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Home upright piano sound?
by Yuri Pavlov. 08/21/19 01:08 AM
Queen Victorian's Piano at the Proms
by WhoDwaldi. 08/20/19 11:33 PM
Why play on the black keys as a beginner?
by Andamento. 08/20/19 09:59 PM
What's Hot!!
Mason & Hamlin Piano Factory Tour!
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics193,650
Posts2,860,959
Members94,203
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2019 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission