2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
72 members (amc252, 20/20 Vision, benkeys, apianostudent, Bellyman, AlkansBookcase, accordeur, akse0435, 14 invisible), 1,987 guests, and 317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Congrats Morodiene!

It's a shame that you had to part with your VPC1 - had your husband made a great deal of progress with the stand project?

James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Congrats Morodiene!

It's a shame that you had to part with your VPC1 - had your husband made a great deal of progress with the stand project?

James
x

KJ, I am not Morodiene's husband, but I have also been thinking of designing a rock solid stand for the MP11 if I knew exactly where the rubber feet are positioned. Do you have the data handy?

I am 'doremi' because I play scales smile
My teacher is 'domisol' because he plays chords shocked
Originally Posted by doremi
Do you have the data handy?

Not at the moment, I'm afraid - it's Saturday morning over here, and I'm home (just eating my porridge...).

Hmm...I can ask the project leader if we can provide this information to you. In theory, there shouldn't be a problem, however I cannot promise anything...

Cheers,
James
x

P
P
I was in a "meh" stage for a while, since December even. As a classically trained pianist I really wanted something good, but still not a full piano and I haven't been overly impressed by the "short trow" keybeds around (even if some have wood in them).

I had even come to terms with a RD-800 (a compromise obviously), when I found out about the MP11 just this week.
The "shut up and take my money" moment struck me like lightning at the Hill Valley clock tower.

It should arrive on Monday, if now only the actual Monday could arrive faster as well :P

I can't wait to start using it at home.

Last edited by phunqe; 02/21/14 07:21 PM.
Originally Posted by phunqe
I had even come to terms with a RD-800 (a compromise obviously), when I found out about the MP11 just this week. The "shut up and take my money" moment struck me like lightning at the Hill Valley clock tower. It should arrive on Monday, if now only the actual Monday could arrive faster as well :P

Congratulations. It sounds like you need this credit card:

[Linked Image]

P
P
Originally Posted by Turnabout
Congratulations. It sounds like you need this credit card:

[Linked Image]

Excellent laugh

D
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by Morodiene
I think this means I could use it to record my Chopin Nocturne for the Chopin recital at the PC forum on March 15. Wow, that's coming up, I should get working on that LOL!

I was hoping to hear you using the VPC1/MP11 to run one of the lauded but rarely heard True Keys pianos for the recitals - the MP11 piano sound is going to be much the same as the existing CA65/95 isn't it?

You posted an earlier query about recording True Keys - did you get that sorted out?

M
M
Originally Posted by dire tonic
I think this means I could use it to record my Chopin Nocturne for the Chopin recital at the PC forum on March 15. Wow, that's coming up, I should get working on that LOL!

I was hoping to hear you using the VPC1/MP11 to run one of the lauded but rarely heard True Keys pianos for the recitals - the MP11 piano sound is going to be much the same as the existing CA65/95 isn't it?

You posted an earlier query about recording True Keys - did you get that sorted out?

I was not able to get TRueKeys sorted for recording, but I was in a pinch at the time and didn't pursue it further once I found a viable alternative. I still want to use the TK sound though. From my research I think there is a way in Cubase to do it, but I've got a lot of fiddling to do yet to get it to work. I'm sure there's a way, it's just a steep learning curve for me.

I could record it twice, once with the MP11 on-board sounds, and once with TK for comparison.

Sweetwater as the MP11 in stock now, too, but I ended up getting from Kraftmusic since they had a nice bundle offer in there. The cost of the piano seems to be the same though: $2799

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
D
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
D
I still want to use the TK sound though. From my research I think there is a way in Cubase to do it, but I've got a lot of fiddling to do yet to get it to work. I'm sure there's a way, it's just a steep learning curve for me.

I use Cubase to record Vintage D. True keys would be exactly the same but with UVI workstation taking the place of Kontakt as a VSTi. If you'd like to try it, I can upload to dropbox a blank song template with UVI preloaded and assigned to a track for recording. If it survives a change of platform (I can't remember if you're on mac) then a fair bit of the work of setting up will already be done. All you'd have to do is load True keys into UVI and hit the record button (in theory!!)

M
M
Originally Posted by dire tonic
I still want to use the TK sound though. From my research I think there is a way in Cubase to do it, but I've got a lot of fiddling to do yet to get it to work. I'm sure there's a way, it's just a steep learning curve for me.

I use Cubase to record Vintage D. True keys would be exactly the same but with UVI workstation taking the place of Kontakt as a VSTi. If you'd like to try it, I can upload to dropbox a blank song template with UVI preloaded and assigned to a track for recording. If it survives a change of platform (I can't remember if you're on mac) then a fair bit of the work of setting up will already be done. All you'd have to do is load True keys into UVI and hit the record button (in theory!!)
That would be great! I am on a Mac.

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
D
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
D
..ok, here's the file. I'm on a pc so unless initial conditions are broadly matching there's a significant chance of failure which may or may not be easily remedied.

Hopefully you've got UVI installed not just as a stand-alone but as a Cubase plug-in? If not, perhaps another mac-user will volunteer some help.

Let me know of any error messages. These could provide useful clues.

H
HisKidd Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Gentlemen and Ladies:
The Kawai MP11 YouTube channel is now live:
http://www.youtube.com/kawaimpseries

Also the Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/kawaimpseries

And the SoundCloud page:
https://soundcloud.com/kawaimpseries

Twitter: https://twitter.com/kawaimpseries

Sounds, videos, and information on the new stage piano….

Keyboards are the best therapy I know of...
Well, those links have been active for the past week or so. wink

The YouTube channel has a few videos already, but they're unlisted so only visible via the playlist. The Soundcloud page also only has a couple of public samples, but all the rest will become available when the MP11 pages are uploaded to kawaimp.com ...soon!

Cheers,
James
x

H
HisKidd Offline OP
OP Offline
H
There is an extensive variety of audio samples for the Kawai MP11 on the new website. That link, for your listening enjoyment, is:

http://www.kawaimp.com/mp11/media/audio/

Play On!

Keyboards are the best therapy I know of...
R
R
(deleted)

Last edited by rickard; 03/09/14 11:13 AM.
R
R
I don't know if this has been mentioned here, but on a CSA group certification record web page, there is a record of the Kawai Stage Piano, model MP7, listed next to the MP11:

To the requirement of standard UL 60065 Seventh Edition (Revisions: July 24, 2013)

• Electronic Piano for commercial use, model MP11, rated AC 120V, 60Hz, 20W, cord connected, Class I grounded.
  • Stage Piano, model MP7, rated AC 120V, 60Hz, 20W, cord connected, Class I grounded.

As far as I am aware, this is the only concrete evidence for the existance of a MP7...

V
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
V
Originally Posted by rickard
As far as I am aware, this is the only concrete evidence for the existance of a MP7...

Concrete takes a few days to set. I'm guessing it'll be dry by Wednesday... wink

"you don't need to have been a rabbit in order to become a veterinarian"

mabraman, 2015
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
To the requirement of standard UL 60065 Seventh Edition (Revisions: July 24, 2013)
  • Electronic Piano for commercial use, model MP11, rated AC 120V, 60Hz, 20W, cord connected, Class I grounded.
  • Stage Piano, model MP7, rated AC 120V, 60Hz, 20W, cord connected, Class I grounded.

On the CSA webpage, the second item (MP7) is listed in a smaller font, like some other items on that webpage, too. I wonder if the smaller font has any significance.

Moreover, the CSA webpage lists organs(!) certified to US standards that are not for sale on the Kawai US webpage, interesting.

I am 'doremi' because I play scales smile
My teacher is 'domisol' because he plays chords shocked
R
R
Originally Posted by doremi
Moreover, the CSA webpage lists organs(!) certified to US standards that are not for sale on the Kawai US webpage, interesting.
It seems that they are Lowrey organs, the Sterling A5500 and Liberty LE6500. According to the About Lowrey page;
Lowrey is a division of Kawai Musical Instruments Mfg. Co., Ltd. (KWMS F). An international manufacturer of musical instruments, Kawai is the second largest instrument manufacturer in the world!
Is that true? I had no idea that Kawai was the second largest instrument manufacturer in the world...

R
R

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,273
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission