2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
46 members (AlkansBookcase, Bruce Sato, APianistHasNoName, BillS728, bcalvanese, anotherscott, Carey, CharlesXX, 9 invisible), 1,461 guests, and 302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#2241621 03/05/14 12:59 PM
M
OP Offline
M
This was recorded in 2002. Back then my teacher was German Danileiko, who himself was pupil of Gilels and Ginsburg.

https://soundcloud.com/tags/schumannsymphonicetudes

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Probably the reason you haven't gotten any comments is that the link doesn't work -- at least it doesn't for me.
It's pretty strange what happens: I get a blank new page which stays blank, while the 'text-thing' on the bottom left that tells you what's happening inside, i.e. the thing that says stuff like "Connecting to...." and "Waiting for...." (BTW is there a NAME for that indicator??) keeps flickering among the same various different things in an unending endless loop.

T
T
Originally Posted by Mark_C
Probably the reason you haven't gotten any comments is that the link doesn't work -- at least it doesn't for me.

For me it works, but in a very strange way.... It leads me to a "Soundcloud" page, where "chokolattecoffee" offers us "the most popular tracks for schumannsymphonicetudes" confused They turn out to be different variations of the Symphonic Etudes, but in a very random order, and it's not complete at all.... So for now these are just "Patchwork Etudes", but maybe we can get a better link?

M
OP Offline
M

T
T
Originally Posted by Molto lombardo
This should work:

Yes, it does, at least for me.... Thank you, I'll listen to the whole work as soon as possible. I'm listening a bit right now, and I can say: you are doing very well! I like the sober way how you present the theme. But why do you jump into such a different tempo for Variation I ? This doesn't convince me at all! And Variation II sounds to massive and too nervous to me. Variation III however is excellent, I like it very much!

I will be back for sure....

Last edited by Tony007; 03/07/14 09:47 AM.
M
OP Offline
M
Thank you Tony007 for listening, and your insightful remarks. This was a part of my final recital exam. I graduated as a piano pedagogue (bachelor). I think you are correct concerning the tempos, I had tendency to rush and not to breath enough between phrases. (My teacher then often told me then to breathe through my mouth and not my nose, maybe I wasn't getting enough oxygen) Anyway after that recital I havent performed solo recitals, only as accompanists mostly for children, but also with singers. I haven't had nowadays so much time to practise, but I hope to concertise some day again.

T
T
Originally Posted by Molto lombardo
Thank you Tony007 for listening, and your insightful remarks. This was a part of my final recital exam. I graduated as a piano pedagogue (bachelor). I think you are correct concerning the tempos, I had tendency to rush and not to breath enough between phrases. (My teacher then often told me then to breathe through my mouth and not my nose, maybe I wasn't getting enough oxygen) Anyway after that recital I havent performed solo recitals, only as accompanists mostly for children, but also with singers. I haven't had nowadays so much time to practise, but I hope to concertise some day again.

As you see, I didn't forget you and came back after quite a while. Today I have finally listened to the whole of your "Symphonic Etudes", and in general I liked what I heard. It's a pity this recording marks the end of your career as a solo player, because I can hear lots of potential. Yes, there is the "breathing thing", sometimes you rush and abbreviate, but I also noticed that the longer you play the more you can relax and let the music "speak" with plenty of freedom. It's really worth coming back to practising such things and also to play them on stage again -- good luck!

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,159
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission