2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
53 members (Chris B, Cheeeeee, Carey, CharlesXX, Aleks_MG, accordeur, brdwyguy, 10 invisible), 2,020 guests, and 339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
haha... one of my personal English tests -after having been living here for over a year and getting used to people NOT speaking the English they WERE supposed to speak wink - was trying to watch "Auf Wiedersehen Pet"; my husband had the DVD collections.

That IS a good mix of British accents! I more or less managed to understand them, but it was impossible to get Oz, really! Only him, not sure why as he had a Geordie accent, didn't he?

I had to use subtitles for the 1st series, then I managed to understand him for the rest.

First time, many years ago, that I managed to have a phone conversation with a Scotsman customer without asking "Pardon? Could you repeat that, please?" I was really pleased with myself... specially considering that other native colleagues still had to ask. But really, it is simply amazing how different people sound, when I first came it took me a while to realise that they were actually speaking English!

Far more different accents than in Spain, and we have plenty accents and several Spanish languages, what you call Spanish is only one of them.

Serious since Dec 2013. March 2014, Kawai CA95!

Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted

[Linked Image]
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
In fact, you`ll find out that whatever accent you hear, the speaker is the only one who thinks he`s speaking properly. Everybody else speaks incorrectly; but what throws Scots people is this; English accent, and Scottish phrases; turns heads everytime!. Yes. It gets more complicated than you thought!
You do well understanding Geordies. I can`t . .

Last edited by peterws; 02/05/14 05:11 AM.

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by peterws
... whatever accent you hear, the speaker is the only one who thinks he`s speaking properly. Everybody else speaks incorrectly...

Same as personal taste... I'm THE ONLY person on Earth that has good taste, of course! grin

[Linked Image]
Hi, James.
I live in Beijing, piano store only see Kawai CA13. CA65 & CA95 have not entered the Chinese market. I can study at the forum over a year. Now, finally going to be determined to buy a CA95. I'm being explored through a friend in Japan to buy my place, and then shipped to China. Do you have any better suggestions for me?
Thank you!

Last edited by Lakeside; 02/28/14 06:58 AM.

Shigeru Kawai SK-3
Kawai CA95(In Haikou City)
Hello Lakeside.

I always recommend that customers purchase from within their own country. May I ask if you have contacted Kawai Shanghai to ask if they have any plans to introduce the CA95 or CA65?

This would be preferable to purchasing from Japan and having the instrument shipped over.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
Originally Posted by evamar
... whatever accent you hear, the speaker is the only one who thinks he`s speaking properly. Everybody else speaks incorrectly...

Same as personal taste... I'm THE ONLY person on Earth that has good taste, of course! grin

AND you`re the best looking!

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
Hi James.
   I really want to buy a digital piano that I liked in my country. But, unfortunately, seems to include kawai, Yamaha, etc. quality brands of medium and high-end digital pianos have not entered the Chinese mainland market. I have been waiting for two years, has also been discussed with the mainland distributor kawai Parsons too, have not been satisfied with the results. Purchased from abroad are forced upset. Your suggestion "I always recommend that customers purchase from within their own country." I understand very well. However, I really have to cancel the purchase CA95 idea yet? According to your suggestion, I have given Kawai Shanghai sent a Email, but I do not hold any hope.
Thank you for your reply!

Shigeru Kawai SK-3
Hello Lakeside,

Originally Posted by Lakeside
Your suggestion "I always recommend that customers purchase from within their own country." I understand very well. However, I really have to cancel the purchase CA95 idea yet? According to your suggestion, I have given Kawai Shanghai sent a Email, but I do not hold any hope.

I can appreciate your frustration. However, please understand that - as a Kawai employee - I cannot recommend individuals purchase instruments from outside of their region.

I should also point out that an instrument purchased in Japan and shipped to China, would need to be returned to Japan for any warranty-related support claims.

Kind regards,
James
x

U
U
Quite a bump. I actually bought a CA95 yesterday and it will be shipped here on Tuesday. Can't wait!

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by evamar

AND you`re the best looking!

Well, I AM, according to my yaya (nana), but I think she was a bit biased...

We ALL are the best looking, cleverest and best talented for them, are we not?

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by UberB
Quite a bump. I actually bought a CA95 yesterday and it will be shipped here on Tuesday. Can't wait!

Congratulations!!! I had another chance to try a CA95 and really wish my budget could stretch a bit more... maybe in a few years time I'll get what's around then, the soundboard made all the difference!

Send some pics!

[Linked Image]
Hi, James.
Thank you for your patience, understanding and admiration for your professionalism. It seems I have to choose between the two results. Or give up CA95, still insist on buying from abroad, and bear the freight, duties, need to return to Japan for technical support prices. I mean, I stick with the CA95, and the responsibility to consider. I took the risk to the quality of products KAWAI company in good standing of the hand, and the consistency of the quality of KAWAI products, wish me luck. In addition, I may pay the price, CA95B Chinese mainland CIF will not exceed $ 5000, I do not know if the price is reasonable.
Thanks again!

Last edited by Lakeside; 03/02/14 12:45 AM.

Shigeru Kawai SK-3
D
dmd Offline
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
I really have to cancel the purchase CA95 idea yet?

Yes, you do !!!!!

Don't even think about purchasing from another country.

You would be setting yourself up for the biggest disappointment of your life.

That would be absolutely foolish.

Something is bound to go wrong and you are the one who is going go feel the pain.

That is too large of an investment to "hope for the best".

Forget it !

Don

Kawai MP7SE, On Stage KS7350 keyboard stand, KRK Classic 5 powered monitors, SennHeiser HD 559 Headphones
M
M
I understand why a distribuitor may prefer not to have stock of a certain digital piano in his market, perhaps because of the risk that no one would buy that model.
But why can't they import a model if the customer pays before?
There should be some kind of paid pre-order, (I don't know how to explain it in English, well, I would not be able to give a name in Spanish, but I hope the idea is understood) so everyone in different countries could buy freely the model they want. I've seen here that the problem is not restricted to undeveloped countries like mine, for instance I've read here that Australians can't buy the VPC, don't know if mp11 will go to them...

Pianoteq / Kawai CL 35 & MP11 / Old 1920's Upright Zimmerman
Marcos, I believe there are some situations whereby the dealer/distributor is able to special order a single instrument that has been pre-paid by the customer.

However, certain countries also have strict electronics/safety standard checks that preclude an instrument from being imported without certification, and very high import taxes. As such, it can be very difficult for a distributor to justify introducing an expensive model that may not sell in sufficient numbers to offset these additional costs.

Regarding Kawai Australia, while the VPC1 has not been introduced into this market, I'm almost certain that the MP11 will be available in the future.

Kind regards,
James
x

Originally Posted by dmd
I really have to cancel the purchase CA95 idea yet?

Yes, you do !!!!!

Don't even think about purchasing from another country.

You would be setting yourself up for the biggest disappointment of your life.

That would be absolutely foolish.

Something is bound to go wrong and you are the one who is going go feel the pain.

That is too large of an investment to "hope for the best".

Forget it !

So, I can only choose to CA15. This is the Chinese market to buy the highest model KAWAI DP.

Last edited by Lakeside; 03/02/14 07:27 AM.

Shigeru Kawai SK-3
M
M
James thank you very much for clarifying those points, specially the one about electronics certification, I'll try to believe that this point is the main trouble, because here taxes are automatically transferred into the price of what you buy, and I think it is this way around the world.
For instance in Argentina if I don't remember wrongly I believe that there is a 70% of taxes (50% importation tax + 21% VAT), those calculated not on the product price, but on product + shipment. And there is a oficial policy to protect local industry against asian industries (I've not seen an argentinian DP in my life) that make electronic difficult to import, plus currency exchange strict controls, etc. etc. etc., so you can get an ES7 here for U$S 3500-4000.
Anyway the only person that cares about this kind of question is you James, I've send mails before that remain unanswered.
Man, Kawai should have clones of yours around the world!

Hi Marcos, thank you for post, and for your kind words. wink

I'll pass on your comments to one of my good colleagues here responsible for the South American market.

Originally Posted by Marcos Daniel
Man, Kawai should have clones of yours around the world!

I think most people in this company would agree that one James is quite enough. wink

Kind regards,
James
x

M
M
You're welcome James!
I think that the main point with Kawai in Argentina is that the official dealer is a traditional piano store with more than a century of story (they also represent Steinway & Sons), they're without any doubt the best here if we speak of accoustic pianos sales, tuning, repairing, restoration etc., may be I am wrong but it seems to be that communication by internet is not their strong point.
I remember other person who said that some doubts about MP6 were no answered by them, it seems to me that they're not experts on DPs.

Anyway I must say that they are very kind by phone or at their store.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Marcos Daniel
...And there is a oficial policy to protect local industry against asian industries (I've not seen an argentinian DP in my life)...

That sounds like protecting Yetis in Argentina.
I am all for it, they are lovely grin

I am 'doremi' because I play scales smile
My teacher is 'domisol' because he plays chords shocked
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,302
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission