2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
52 members (bcalvanese, 1957, beeboss, 7sheji, Aylin, Barly, accordeur, 36251, 20/20 Vision, 8 invisible), 1,403 guests, and 303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
A
ADWyatt Offline OP
OP Offline
A
In addressing the problems with my current digital piano, Kawai recently did more than I could have asked or expected to make certain that I was a satisfied customer, and to let me know that the company stands solidly behind its warranty. This has restored my faith in the company.

Kawai's consideration has allowed me to trade up to purchasing the CA65, which will arrive in several weeks. There is no doubt that I will be completely happy with this model for many years to come. However, after a conversation with my dealer I have some questions about the CA65 which hopefully some owners of this model may give some insight on.

Although I've purchased this model new, which means I will be assembling it myself (I will have two friends helping out, one of whom is very technically-oriented), my dealer has said that when his employees assemble the CA65 for his showroom, they adjust the tone for best quality in the Virtual Technician. Obviously, he doesn't feel that the default tone is sufficient, although he didn't tell me which piano tone is adjusted. And so my first question is: Are you satisfied with the default tone of the various piano voices, and if not, precisely what changes did you make?

Secondly, my dealer told me that assembling the sliding key cover properly is difficult with this model, and that it will be a bit frustrating for me. He offered to walk me through it on the phone, but I shouldn't think I would have to do that. If you assembled your CA65, did you have an issue with the key cover, and if so, how did you resolve it?

Finally, I would like to seat the CA65 in a spot where one of my floor heat registers is about 7 inches away from the right side of the piano. My place is properly humidified, but I'm wondering if this might be a problem. For the record, the heat doesn't radiate out to the side and has a gentle flow. In the spot where I would seat the CA65 I currently have an expensive solid oak roll top desk, which hasn't shown the slightest sign of being affected by the heat in the twelve years that it's been sitting there. It would seem okay to seat the CA65 there, then, but please feel free to comment on my thinking if you wish.

Thanks in advance for all opinions and advice.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
ADWyatt, I believe adjustments made using the Virtual Technician are rather subjective - one person may prefer a different tonal character to another. However, part of the enjoyment of owning an instrument that allows such adjustments is the experimentation process.

Regarding this point:

Originally Posted by ADWyatt
Secondly, my dealer told me that assembling the sliding key cover properly is difficult with this model, and that it will be a bit frustrating for me.

I do not wish to contradict the dealer's information, however the sliding key cover does not need to be assembled. As you can see from this illustration below, the 'main body' portion of the CA65 (including the key cover) arrives pre-assembled from the factory.

[Linked Image]

For more information regarding the CA65 assembly process, please refer to the owner's manual (from p.118) available here:

http://www.kawai.co.jp/worldwide/support/manuals.html

Finally, regarding the floor humidifiers, I do not believe this would be an issue, however I do not live in a region where humidity extremes cause problems generally, so shall defer to other digital piano owners with greater experience.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,189
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission