2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
57 members (Adam Reynolds, AlkansBookcase, APianistHasNoName, Carey, brdwyguy, beeboss, Chris B, Cheeeeee, 8 invisible), 1,592 guests, and 247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by TheodorN
Didn't make it to this recital, though I wanted to, hope to put something up in the February (or March) bar instead.

Evamar, since you've been slapped and spat upon, because of using a digital, I'm going to even the odds and start with your performance. I namely am also among the unclean ones, the digital piano owners, and we ought to stick together. cool Besides, my DP is not as good as yours, at mimicking the feel of an acoustic.

Your Kawai CA65 sounds just great and if I hadn't known better, I wouldn't have been able to answer if asked whether you were playing an acoustic or a digital.

Enough of the technical issues, here is the review.

39. evamar - Pelagia's Song - With Sausage Fingers Remix Your performance was simply excellent. I don't know this piece, but I enjoyed your interpretation of it. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for your -too kind- feedback, TheodorN. The CA65 is a very good digital piano, quite a monster at my level, though.

Lots of hesitations, not synchronised hands and a few clunkers. But it was only a week's work, so still decent...

Looking forward to listening to your work next recital!

Yes, we the unclean ones need to stick together! We should only look at the effort we put and our willingness to improve our playing. We all love piano music here, I thought that was the main thing.

Last edited by evamar; 02/15/14 09:04 AM.

Serious since Dec 2013. March 2014, Kawai CA95!

Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted

[Linked Image]
S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
I was gonna pick a few favorites because I can't comment intelligently on all of these lovely submissions, but I decided to try to at least say something to each member individually.

01. Andy Platt - Sonata 20 in G Major, Opus 49 No. 2
Lovely, as usual Andy!

02. Monica K. - Lamentations of the Heart
I always enjoy your playing, and your M&H. And thanks for all the hard work you do putting this together. You don't get enough thanks.

03. Richard (zrtf90) - Sinfonia 1 with Invention 8
Great idea waiting and doing a piece that's under your fingers already. I should do that more, so my recordings sound more like this. So clear and musical. Great job!

04. wouter79 - Ballade, op.118 no.3
This stuff is so hard and dense, that I honestly couldn't make heads or tails out of it on one listen. Not to say you didn't play it well, but I'd need many listens to really get this piece and say something intelligent about it. I can say, however, that I enjoyed listening to it very much.

05. PikaPianist - Nocturne No. 5 in Bb major
Despite the iPhone recording limitation, you can make out the lovely Bosendorfer tone, and your very nice playing of this beautiful piece. Really nice!

06. George Schiro - Heartache
Cool improv stuff laugh

07. dannylux / Mel - Coleridge-Taylor Three Fours Op.71 No.2
Another dense and very difficult sounding piece. Nice job bringing out the melody!

08. Mr Super Hunky - Beyond Violette
I miss the BB smile
But you still sound great.

09. sinophilia (Diana) - Little Prelude BWV939
I listened to the acoustic one (I always prefer acoustic where available). Nice job! I've only been playing a bit longer than you, and I really need to do more Bach to develop better rhythmic discipline and articulation. You're wiser than I am smile

10. SwissMS/Doris - Venetian Boat Song Opus 30 #6
Love the Bechstein, but does it need a tuning? Nice piece of music, and nice playing! I really enjoyed it.

11. Jazzwee - Wave
I'm still not a jazz guy, but I think it's very cool what you can do with a group of musicians, while I have to play solo. By the way, we should meet again so I can play on your lovely Steinway O. I think I've improved very much since last time!

12. Peyton - Mazurka Op. 17 No. 4
I've never heard this piece before. I would never know it was Chopin without being told! It sounds nothing like the usual Chopin I listen to (Ballades, nocturnes, waltzes, etudes, preludes). This sounds almost like jazz! But Petyon's playing Chopin, so I'm in!

13. Sam S - Preludes Book 1 Number 8 - La Fille aux cheveux de lin
Debussy on a Bechstein! What's not to love? Lovely! smile

14. earlofmar - Bagatelle Op 119, No 9
Congrats on learning to use the pedal! It's really hard, but brings with it great rewards. I'm still learning. Sounds great!

15. timmyab - Song without words op 53 no 1
You sound fantastic. Your playing is so clear and crisp! I like your ornaments too. Lovely smile

16. Amaruk - O Mio Babbino Caro
Sounds great, and very cool video too! I like what you did with the performance of it on the Fazioli. You almost had me fooled there for a minute wink

17. torquenale (Alessandra) - Sonata in F Major K78
Lovely piece, which you really keep moving throughout! Some of the ornaments (I think they are trills) are kinda sluggish, probably because of your piano's ability to repeat notes quickly. But the overall feel of this piece if lovely, as is your performance.

18. Jazztpt (Russ) - For Russell
LOVED this performance, and your video was also really touching. Congrats on the 1st grandchild, and I hope he brings you and your family much joy in the coming years!

19. Riddler (Ed) - Aranjuez
I'm unfamiliar with the music, and I decided not to listen to any other performances of this, but I thought your attempt was far from feeble, and was quite dramatic. I very much enjoyed listening to it.

20. Greener / Jeff - Nocturne in Eb Major
I love this piece. I think you could slow it down a bit (as you suggested), but just playing this whole thing is quite a feat in itself. The quality of the recording is a bit muddled (not sure why; maybe wouter can help with that), but I still enjoyed listening to it. And this is the kind of piece that will definitely mature over time, so keep at it.

21. MaryBee - Sarabande (Pour le piano)
I like the tone of the Charles Walter piano. It suits this music nicely. I definitely wouldn't call this easy listening. It's very moody, but you capture that moodiness very well.

22. newbert - Rocket To The Moon
Ahhhh nice and easy listening. And an interesting contrast to the piece that came directly before yours. Very well played, and congrats on your first submission! It's amazing that you dropped it for 45 years and then came back to it. I'm inspired laugh

23. ajames - Laura
Another newbie! Congrats on getting over the fear of posting a recording of yourself. It will only get easier from here on. I enjoyed listening to your performance, and I hope we'll hear you again in the next recital so we can watch and listen as you get better and better!

24. CarlosCC - Time Lapse
Only one Einaudi piece in the recital? Is the world about to come to an end? wink
If only one member could represent Einaudi in the recital, I think you'd probably be his first choice. You always manage to make Einaudi both beautiful and interesting, even though his melodies are usually very simplistic. Great job, as usual smile

25. Peterws - Autumn Leaves
What a happy tune! This was a pleasure to listen to. I wish I could do that off the top of my head.

26. ladyaugustina - Sonatina Op. 36, No. 3
Sounds great, despite the cell phone recording. I should listen to and play more of this kind of upbeat music.

27. dynamobt / Marilyn - Piano Sonata Op 2 no 1 1st mvt
Your recording is clean (unlike mine), your piano is beautiful and in tune, and did I mention your playing is fantastic? What's not to love!! I'm happy you had that false start in there, or else I'd have nothing to temper my jealousy with. I think I'd pay to hear you play this live.

28. Jake S - Chopin Prelude no.6 in B minor
You're taking this piece slower than I've heard it in the past, but it sounds like you're more in control of each note because of that. Nice job!

29. Coldsalmon - Sonata in D minor K 32 L 423
Beautiful piece of music, delicately and sensitively played. I agree that your U3 sounds great too!

30. corysold - Cory Hallahan - Greensleeves
You just started playing less than a month ago and you're already participating in the recital?? You're very brave! Tell me more about what got you started playing piano. I'm always curious about what gets an adult to take on this fun and frustrating hobby. Your recording was really nice, especially if you've been playing under a month!! Your rhythm and evenness is really good for such a new player. I'm impressed, and I hope we get to see you again next recital laugh

31. Sand Tiger - Tracks in the Snow
Sorry to hear about your dad. frown I liked this piece as a tribute, because it has happy and sad themes, just like life does. I hope your positive memories of him will keep him alive inside you.

32. StevenB - Old German Dance
Another beginner taking the plunge with only a month of experience smile
You're doing really well for a month, and I enjoyed listening to your submission. I hope we'll see you next time!

33. Yamaha G3 & P-80 / Mike White - Zamba No. 10
I enjoyed this. Part of it reminded me of that FAO Schwartz tune "welcome to the world of fun." It reminded me of going there as a kid.

34. paul1971 - The Entertainer
Nice job! You're doing really well at 3 months. It sounds like you're really having fun, and that made this fun to listen to. I've gotta learn this one of these days.

35. JimF - Sung Outside A Prince's Door
Lovely performance. I can hear the wistful quality you were going for, and the Estonia sounds lovely.

36. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Sonatina Op 36 N2 3rd movement
Hey Cheryl!! I haven't been on the forum much lately, so I haven't been seeing all of the achievements on your favorite thread, but it's clear that you've been practicing. I love how linear your progress is. Every single recital there's a noticeable improvement. This was no exception despite the couple of flubs in the performance. See you in four months smile

37. copper - Scenes From Childhood, The Poet Speaks
Nice job! Oh gosh, I'm running out of things to say here smile
I enjoyed listening.

38. lyricmudra - Nocturne in D-Flat Major, Op. 27 No. 2
As I commented on your youtube video, you are a wonderful pianist. I love this nocturne. Thanks a lot for contributing it.

39. evamar - Pelagia's Song - With Sausage Fingers Remix
Kudos to you for sticking with it. I know how frustrating piano can be at times. I liked your "sausage fingers remix." Hilarious laugh

40. BenPiano - Dahlonega
This is so cool! I love your compositions. They always sound so rich and full. After listening to this, I went back to listen to "The Secretary," which is still a favorite little melody of mine. I think you're just so natural at this.

41. jotur/Cathy turner - A Little Street Where Old Friends Meet
Fun, fun, fun!! No technical comments wink

42. Jayden (Jayden Traynor) - Locke'd Out Again
So many newbies this time around. I love it smile
Very cool effects with the keyboard. Nice job!

43. Ganddalf - A piece for me to play
Not boring at all! It grabbed me right away, so you certainly have achieved the effect you were looking to achieve without having to play those monstrous Chopin or Rachmaninoff pieces. I love the sound of this!

44. TrapperJohn - Beauty and the Beast (from Disney's "Beauty and the Beast")
Another piece I don't know, but should. I don't think I've ever seen the movie (I was a deprived child, I know). Well played!

45. Pathbreaker - Capriccio in F-sharp minor, Op. 76 no. 1
I've never heard this before, so I can't really say anything about the tempo. But I like how you've played it, if that counts for anything. It sounds quite difficult!

46. Inlanding - Glen - Four Threads
Very nice touch, and the O sounds wonderful!

47. (Was)TrueBeginner - Purity
Sounds lovely! Sounds like you also have the problem of other people making noise while you record. So cool that you can just sit down and bang out some music on demand. Go you!

48. joangolfing - Gavotte and Variations (Suite No. 14)
Sounds good, but it sometimes felt like a bit too much to handle. Get it? Get IT?? Seriously though, nice job smile

49. Ken. - Monk's Dream
I keep hearing a train whistle! hahaha is that just me, or is supposed to sound like that?

50. Mar_red - Theme from Schindler's List
Love this soundtrack and this movie. I like your performance of it too, and your piano sounds great. My only complaint is that it sounds too happy for such a sad movie. Make it sadder wink

51. ShiroKuro - Midwinter Memories
I was at NAMM recently, and I played the Ravenscroft piano. When I was done, I listened to a woman play a piece on the piano, and then when I looked at her name tag, it said "Michelle McLaughlin!" So then I told her I knew who she was and played a teeny bit of one of her pieces that I had planned to learn but never did. It was pretty cool! That said, nice job playing an entire piece of hers, which is much better than I was able to do when sitting in front of her smile

52. barbaram - Tequila Sunrise
Very cool piece, and you played it very well!

53. Ohio_Mark - Red Rose Rendezvous
I guess it can always be better, but I thought you sounded really good. Keep it up!

54. MrPozor - Prelude in E minor - BWV 941
Don't those voices get even harder to do when you're recording yourself? It's so hard! Keep up the good work, and thanks for reminding me I should play more Bach.

55. Sam Rose (Shmuel R) - Nocturne in C-Minor, No 21 (Posthumous)
Get a grip, dude. Piano is clearly not for you. Try the xylophone maybe?

56. carlos88 - Bach's Italian Concerto, First Movement
This piece is so happy! It makes me just want to dance! And the lessons you've been taking really show in your playing. Great end to this wonderful recital.

And there it is! I may have been one of the last to submit my recording to the recital, but for the first time ever, I'm the first to finish listening to and commenting on the entire recital. Yay me! laugh

Playing since age 21 (September 2010) and loving it more every day.
"You can play better than BachMach2." - Mark_C
Currently Butchering:
Rachmaninoff Prelude in C# Minor
My Piano Diary: http://www.youtube.com/sirsardonic
♪ > $
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
Wow, Sam, you're fast! Thanks for listening and commenting! How neat that you met Michele McLaughlin!

To everyone else, congratulations on submitting a recording! I've just started to listen and it's really making my morning lovely! smile

Started piano June 1999.
Proud owner of a Yamaha C2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Wow...Sam, you should get some kind of medal... smile But I think you were too rough on #55.

C
C
I've only listened to a few so far. I was very much impressed by Monica's piece, simply beautiful piece and played very well!

Evamar, since you asked, nicely played for 14 mos!

Now Im disappointed in myself that I didn't post one ;( But anyway, I'm looking forward to listening to them all today.

Yamaha P105, Ravenscroft275, Ivory II Am Concert D, Sennheiser HD650.

New sound setup: Midi out to macbook, FW 800 to Metric Halo LIO 8 DAC to HD650's. Very Nice.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Special thanks to Ed
19. Riddler (Ed) - Aranjuez.

The Concierto de Aranjuez brings me so many special memories that listening to your playing actually brought tears to my eyes.

Really special piece for any Spanish person with a few years on his back, so full of intense feelings and passions, and such a sad background story. Excellent playing, you really transmitted both the happiness, sadness and acceptance of it all.

Thank you. heart

Serious since Dec 2013. March 2014, Kawai CA95!

Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted

[Linked Image]
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
01. Andy Platt - Sonata 20 in G Major, Opus 49 No. 2 Very good, a long piece and doesn't sound easy.

02. Monica K. - Lamentations of the Heart That was wonderful, very well played.

03. Richard (zrtf90) - Sinfonia 1 with Invention 8 Well done, nice flow in your playing.

04. wouter79 - Ballade, op.118 no.3 A lively piece and you played it excellently.

05. PikaPianist - Nocturne No. 5 in Bb major Well done.

06. George Schiro - Heartache Very good.

07. dannylux / Mel - Coleridge-Taylor Three Fours Op.71 No.2 This was very well played.

08. Mr Super Hunky - Beyond Violette This was very well played, the glissandos added a nice flavor to the piece.

09. sinophilia (Diana) - Little Prelude BWV939 I really enjoyed this prelude.

10. SwissMS/Doris - Venetian Boat Song Opus 30 #6 This was beautiful, fluid hand movements. Your grand piano is very elegant.

11. Jazzwee - Wave Great samba (or bossa nova?) Nevertheless, very well played.

12. Peyton - Mazurka Op. 17 No. 4 Good job with the mazurka. I like the tempo changes, how the piece suddenly picks up speed. Your piano is also elegant.

13. Sam S - Preludes Book 1 Number 8 - La Fille aux cheveux de lin Nicely done, played with feeling.

14. earlofmar - Bagatelle Op 119, No 9 Very well done, you played the right hand arpeggios seamlessly. The Yamaha P105 and Galaxy Vintage D seems a great combo.

15. timmyab - Song without words op 53 no 1 Don't know what words to use to describe your song without words, except simply splendid.

16. Amaruk - O Mio Babbino Caro As always with your pieces, wonderfully played and the video a work of art, actually the playing also.

17. torquenale (Alessandra) - Sonata in F Major K78 Nice job with this one.

18. Jazztpt (Russ) - For Russell Very good, loved the baby photos, and congratulations with your first grandchild.

19. Riddler (Ed) - Aranjuez Don't know this piece, but you played it vey well.

20. Greener / Jeff - Nocturne in Eb Major My favorite Chopin piece, and you played it perfectly, in my opinion. From a technical point of view, the recording sounded a little muffled.

Me on YouTube

Casio PX-5S. Garritan CFX, Production Grand 2 Gold, Concert Grand LE, AcousticSamples C7, some Sampletekks. Pianoteq 8 Std (Blüthner, SteinGraeber, NY/HB Steinway D).
C
C
Thanks for the kind words Sam.

My mother-in-law is retiring as a music teacher and piano instructor. She offered my daughter (and later other children as they age) free piano lessons. I've always wanted to try the piano, so I asked if I could have lessons too. She obliged, we purchased a piano and here I am!

My main goal in playing is to keep my kids motivated to play. I wish I had the opportunity as a child to play, but never did. I want them to have that chance. I don't force it upon them, but I do make them practice, subtly. I figure they'll be more inclined to keep playing if they see me playing as well.

That reason aside, I'm really enjoying it! I had no music background prior to starting, so everything is new to me, but I love that kind of thing.

I figured the "Beginner's Recital" needed a few true beginner's, so I joined. Can't wait for the next one, hoping to have a rousing version of the Star Wars main theme ready by then.

As an aside, I had a chance to listen to many of the recordings this morning. I've no basis to critique, but I appreciated the musicality and effort of everything I heard. Truly an inspiration to see where everyone is at varying points along their musical journey. Nice to have some "milestones" to look forward to along the way.

Last edited by corysold; 02/15/14 11:25 AM.
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Think I'll start somewhere in the middle this quarter...

30. corysold - Cory Hallahan - Greensleeves Great job with the right pace and a nice musical feel for the phrases. Amazing work for only 3.5 weeks of playing experience.

31. Sand Tiger - Tracks in the Snow At 100 weeks you are showing major improvement, Sandtiger. Liked the way you returned to the main theme in your composition. And I'm sure your father was listening and smiling.

32. StevenB - Old German Dance Great job bringing out that left hand countermelody. Another quick starting beginner.....it won't be long at all till we hear that first Bach.

33. Yamaha G3 & P-80 / Mike White - Zamba No. 10 What a beautiful piece of music and equally wonderful performance. Quite sure I have never heard this before, although I found myself singing it by the end. What is its source, Mike? Nice work.

34. paul1971 - The Entertainer Boy, do we have talented beginners in this recital. Nice balance in the hands and a good steady pace. You make the syncopation in this piece look easy. thumb

35. JimF - Sung Outside A Prince's Door Ugh. Missing notes, misplaced emphasis. At least the tacos were good.

36. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Sonatina Op 36 N2 3rd movement Cheryl, you have such a nice musical feel for these classical era pieces. It comes through very clearly in this sonatina where the mood changes a number of times. There's an awful lot of notes in this thing...I would be amazed if anyone got them all. Great job, especially given the circumstances with unneighborly neighbors. thumb

37. copper - Scenes From Childhood, The Poet Speaks What a hauntingly beautiful piece. Schumann always ties me in knots, but you made this sound easy...which I'm sure it is not. Great voicing.

38. lyricmudra - Nocturne in D-Flat Major, Op. 27 No. 2 Wow. You have absolutely nailed this fantastic nocturne. It has been ten minutes since I listened and I'm still smiling and hearing that beautiful theme. I thought your tempo was perfect. Bravo.

39. evamar - Pelagia's Song - With Sausage Fingers Remix Are you serious, evamar? That was terrific. So musical and sensitively played with excellent phrasing and a nice touch of rubato. No need to get silly at the end, this is work to be proud of.

40. BenPiano - Dahlonega Yep those are the usual super-relaxed BenPiano hands I've admired for four years. Wonderful dynamics that go perfectly with the history you've provided. What a beautiful original work. Man, the ABF sure has a lot of talented folks. wow

Liebestraum 3, Liszt
Standchen-Schubert/Liszt arr
Sonata Pathetique-Adagio LVB
Estonia L190 #7284[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
I'm going to jump all around with my comments but want to start with Monica.

#2. Monica- Monica, what a beautiful piece and so well played. That seems like quite a job to memorize, how long did it take? I love that opening bass. Are you usng the middle pedal to sustain it?

J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
Well, I was going to start listening last night, and I swear to you, the minute I clicked submit on that post my internet crapped out. But it's back morning, so I'm over there!

Cathy

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
BTW, does anyone know of a way to listen on an iPhone without downloading everything into iTunes? It seems like the streaming doesn't work, and I can't see an alternative. I didn't get very far with the zip files either.

Started piano June 1999.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Batch two:
11. Jazzwee - Wave I love these live performances! Your improvisation is very free-flowing, but it also holds together very well to express a relaxing mood. With your comment on the difficult chord changes, I listened for that. It does sound difficult, but you executed them well.

12. Peyton - Mazurka Op. 17 No. 4 This is my favorite Chopin Mazurka. I like your take on it, a little faster and more jazzy, than I have heard before before. It has a feel of free improvisation. You gave it the “spice” that sets Mazurkas apart. Beautifully played.

13. Sam S - Preludes Book 1 Number 8 - La Fille aux cheveux de lin You made me want to go back and relearn this! It is such an uplifting piece. You gave it the emotion it deserves, restraining the tempo to give it majesty. Very nice!

14. earlofmar - Bagatelle Op 119, No 9 I thought you paced the piece well, and there was a nice balance between the melody and accompaniment. Great job for 14 months!

15. timmyab - Song without words op 53 no 1 This a gorgeous piece. I guess I have another SWW to learn… The left hand Arps are nicely subdued under the singing melody, and I like your phrasing, and well placed retardandos. Very nicey played.

16. Amaruk - O Mio Babbino Caro I am blown away by your creative videos. How did you turn your Roland into a Fazioli?? I think your chosen tempo worked very effectively, making a sweet love song. Very nicely played!

17. torquenale (Alessandra) - Sonata in F Major K78 Scarlatti has such a variety in his many Sonatas. I like this one, and you give a proper baroque feel. These transparent pieces require great attention to detail. Nicely played.

18. Jazztpt (Russ) - For Russell Very fitting feel to accompany the wonderful baby pictures. Congratulations on your handsome grandson. Beautifully composed and played!

19. Riddler (Ed) - Aranjuez This is a powerful piece, full of determination. You did a great job with the arrangement.

20. Greener / Jeff - Nocturne in Eb Major Very nice take on this gorgeous Nocturne. I like your pacing, and use of rubato. Nice runs on the 2nd page, and a nice lyrical finish.

Thanks for the review Sam Rose!
Originally Posted by Sam Rose

10. SwissMS/Doris - Venetian Boat Song Opus 30 #6
Love the Bechstein, but does it need a tuning? Nice piece of music, and nice playing! I really enjoyed it.
And yes, the Bechstein is might need a little tuning. We have been having unusually warm weather which seems to have changed its colour a little lately. I guess I need the tuner sooner than I thought.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by ShiroKuro
BTW, does anyone know of a way to listen on an iPhone without downloading everything into iTunes? It seems like the streaming doesn't work, and I can't see an alternative. I didn't get very far with the zip files either.

ShiroKuro, I just uploaded all the pieces to my BOX.NET account.
I think you can now use any mobile device (iphone, android, ...) to listen ABF Recital #33.

Link: ABF Recital #33 - alternative player (for PC and mobile devices)

(Sorry for the delay...)
Enjoy!

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Self-taught since Dec2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
Yay!!! Thank you!!

Started piano June 1999.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
56. Carlos- I REALLY enjoyed listening to your Bach. In fact, I listened twice. There were some ornaments you fumbled but all in all you really felt in command of the piece. I wish I could keep time like you do... it seemed right on. Just great work.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
21. MaryBee - Sarabande (Pour le piano) That was wonderful. 37 seventh chords in a row, don’t know where I would be after that.

22. newbert - Rocket To The Moon Very nice, the DGX-640 and Pianoteq sound great. I’m surprised how well you play this, I suppose the foundation as a child stays with you for a very long time.

23. ajames - Laura Very well played.

24. CarlosCC - Time Lapse Great, you make the Grand Piano 2 sound so good, I never felt it was any good when I had my P85.

25. Peterws - Autumn Leaves Love it how you jazzed up the leaves, leaves me dumbfounded. When you’ve become that good, you can put your own mark on pieces, I look forward to it.

26. ladyaugustina - Sonatina Op. 36, No. 3 Nice playing, a fun sonata.

27. dynamobt / Marilyn - Piano Sonata Op 2 no 1 1st mvt Well done, that sonata sounds demanding. Some of the pauses seemed a bit long, though there may be long rests in some works, according to the sheet.

28. Jake S - Chopin Prelude no.6 in B minor You played that prelude nicely.

29. Coldsalmon - Sonata in D minor K 32 L 423 Well played.

30. corysold - Cory Hallahan - Greensleeves I liked your playing of Greensleeves. It’s a popular beginner piece, you did a good job on it.

31. Sand Tiger - Tracks in the Snow Nice job.

32. StevenB - Old German Dance Well played, and a lively piece.

33. Yamaha G3 & P-80 / Mike White - Zamba No. 10 A lovely piece and a good job on it. Thought I recognized the beginning, maybe some contemporary music has borrowed it.

34. paul1971 - The Entertainer Nice job on that claccical piece, it’s on my to learn list and I hope to do it as well as you.

35. JimF - Sung Outside A Prince's Door Nicely done.

36. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Sonatina Op 36 N2 3rd movement Well done, your playing flows nicely.

37. copper - Scenes From Childhood, The Poet Speaks A good job on that one, a very soothing piece.

38. lyricmudra - Nocturne in D-Flat Major, Op. 27 No. 2 Beautiful playing of a beautiful piece.

39. evamar - Pelagia's Song - With Sausage Fingers Remix Nicely done, as said before!

40. BenPiano - Dahlonega As usual, great job with a demanding piece.

Me on YouTube

Casio PX-5S. Garritan CFX, Production Grand 2 Gold, Concert Grand LE, AcousticSamples C7, some Sampletekks. Pianoteq 8 Std (Blüthner, SteinGraeber, NY/HB Steinway D).

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Let me start off with a congratulations to everybody contributing for another wonderful recital!! I particularly like the wide range of playing experience and repertoire that's represented this time. That's exactly what these recitals were designed for! thumb

First group of ten:

01. Andy Platt - Sonata 20 in G Major, Opus 49 No. 2: I love the jaunty first movement; your runs didn’t sound sloppy to me. Instead, I thought you sounded very confident and in control.

02. Monica K. - Lamentations of the Heart: Speaking of sloppy runs... wink I need to work on not slowing down when I’m doing my runs... help

03. Richard (zrtf90) - Sinfonia 1 with Invention 8: Every recital I express my awe toward people who can play Bach; the nonstop action coupled with different voices/hand independence challenges would put me in conniptions. You pulled it all off well. I particularly enjoyed the Invention.

04. wouter79 - Ballade, op.118 no.3: This does sound like a tremendously challenging piece. I also liked the quieter B part the best, especially the rolling (muted) thunder of the bass accompanying it. Nicely played.

05. PikaPianist - Nocturne No. 5 in Bb major: What an achingly poignant, pretty little piece. Beautiful performance and sound, and the recording quality of your iPhone is surprisingly good.

06. George Schiro - Heartache: I wish I could improvise. I really enjoyed this piece, which had an almost jazzy feel, and seemed more intense than sad. I really liked the sudden introduction of the deep bass at 2:24. I might have titled it “Anguished Heart” rather than “Heartache.”

07. dannylux / Mel - Coleridge-Taylor Three Fours Op.71 No.2: I find voicing the melody in chords to be quite difficult, so I understand the challenges in this piece. You succeeded admirably with this take, however. The dynamics were particularly effective.

08. Mr Super Hunky - Beyond Violette: I’ll have to look up the original “Violette” to compare, but I loved what you’ve done here. It has a memorable and inspirational melody; I found myself humming it well after the piece was done. p.s. “Hack-o-Noodling,” I love it!! grin

09. sinophilia (Diana) - Little Prelude BWV939: Another brave Bach performer! Yes, a little slow, but I’ll take precise slower playing over sloppy error-laden playing any day, and you play this in a precise and controlled manner.

10. SwissMS/Doris - Venetian Boat Song Opus 30 #6: I don’t play classical, but when I hear Mendelssohn in these recitals, I get tempted... this is a lyrical, beautiful piece, and your video makes those trills look so easy!

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
41. jotur/Cathy turner - A Little Street Where Old Friends Meet Nicely played.

42. Jayden (Jayden Traynor) - Locke'd Out Again Well done, True Keys American sounds great

43. Ganddalf - A piece for me to play An enjoyable piece and enjoyable playing.

44. TrapperJohn - Beauty and the Beast (from Disney's "Beauty and the Beast") This piece is not easy to play the right way, but you captured the feel of it very well.

45. Pathbreaker - Capriccio in F-sharp minor, Op. 76 no. 1 Nice work on this piece.

46. Inlanding - Glen - Four Threads As usual from you, great and steady playing.

47. (Was)TrueBeginner - Purity A nice composition and well played.

48. joangolfing - Gavotte and Variations (Suite No. 14) Well done.

49. Ken. - Monk's Dream Nicely done, you made it swing.

50. Mar_red - Theme from Schindler's List This is a beautiful piece, from a great movie, and you captured the essence of it, in my opinion.

51. ShiroKuro - Midwinter Memories Very beautifully played.

52. barbaram - Tequila Sunrise I enjoyed it, very well done.

53. Ohio_Mark - Red Rose Rendezvous Nicely played. I can’t tell if it was too fast, since I don’t know the piece, but I enjoyed it.

54. MrPozor - Prelude in E minor - BWV 941 Well done.

55. Sam Rose (Shmuel R) - Nocturne in C-Minor, No 21 (Posthumous) I liked your performance a lot, didn’t notice anything wrong with it. No, forget about the xylophone. grin

56. carlos88 - Bach's Italian Concerto, First Movement Nicely played, I enjoyed it.

Me on YouTube

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I will probably do these in groups of two or four as I work through all the selections.

01. Andy Platt - Sonata 20 in G Major, Opus 49 No. 2 What a great opener! It really takes me back to hear you play this piece that I once dabbled in. My teacher assigned it to me but I never did get it to a point where I was confident to play it in the group recital. I really enjoyed your performance, nice job!

02. Monica K. - Lamentations of the Heart
I know this piece VERY well - as a listener. I have a Pandora station called "George Winston" and it's completely new age solo piano. There is a streaming Pandora device in pretty much every room of the house and this is the station for the late evening. Actually my wife requires it playing at certain times ( ha) This piece comes on all the time and I really like it. Your version is lovely! The recorded sound of your piano is also quite beautiful. I hope to do something New Age soon, maybe for the next recital. Either George Winston or Philip Aaberg if I can ever get the sheet music.

Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,310
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission