2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
68 members (AndyOnThePiano2, APianistHasNoName, AlkansBookcase, Charles Cohen, BillS728, Colin Miles, 36251, 11 invisible), 2,157 guests, and 357 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
K
OP Offline
K
Hey guys, new here

Never used any software for transcribing. A buddy of mine just hooked me up with Anytune Slow Downer for my Mac, kind of like this slowing down thing for transcription.

Would you recommend Anytune? Any better ones out there? What are you guys using for transcription? Any recommendations welcome!

Here a tutorial video about what I am using right now...

B
BDB Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
B
Transcribe! from 7th String Software is reputed to be good.

Semipro Tech
M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Transcribe is excellent.

Silver Supporter until Jan 11 2012
1000 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Jan 11 2012
1000 Post Club Member
I also use Transcribe.

Not to be overly suspicious, but the one you've posted a link to appears to have named itself very similarly to, (probably to catch business from) a much better known slow down program called The Amazing Slow-Downer (also a well reputed piece of software among musicians, though I happen to prefer Transcribe).

Please step aside. You're standing in your own way.
K
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by tangleweeds
I also use Transcribe.

The Amazing Slow-Downer (also a well reputed piece of software among musicians, though I happen to prefer Transcribe).

Much tks for the info, just installed trials of Transcribe and Amazing Slow Downer. Let me compare them with Anytune and check which one best suits my needs. Will get back to you about my findings...

Also discovered Song Surgeon & Riffstation, both a little pricy. Riffstation claims to "isolate" instruments, does that work with piano? Anybody got experience with those?

EP Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I think Amazing Slow Downer sounds the best, but it doesn't have waveform display so is not quite as easy to isolate loops, IMHO. Transcribe is great for transcription, probably the best, but I also use Anytune pro on the iPad and macbook. It works great for isolating loops and slowing down, but doesn't have as many features for transcribing. Haven't used any of the others.

K
OP Offline
K
Transcribe is really nice too, I don't really need the piano key view and recognition feature as I transcribe by ear wink

Transcribe was actually the only one that I considered to buy besides anytune, both have good sound quality.The other ones are cool too but either a little basic or too pricey...

Went ahead and bought anytune, best work flow and navigation for me. Can set and select my loops faster than with Transcribe, like the play list organization in anytune, also that everything stays automatically saved without doing anything, total recall. The cross device iCloud sync is helpful.

Got it for my iPad too, the youtube rip on iOS version is great. Starting to use it with my students that got iPhones and iPads. Love that I can share my loop-settings with them, so we save time at the lessons. Their 9-band parametric EQ does a pretty good job in muting everything but bass and drums on recordings, so i can use loops for teaching my kids improvisation over the original recordings.

Much Thanks for the recommendations laugh

K
OP Offline
K
P.S.: Anytune just released an update with improved audio quality. Checked it with my AKG's against the Transcribe and Amazing Slow Downer trials on Oscar Peterson and other fast piano tunes. In my ears it absolutely wins when slowed down 75% up to 25%. Crystal clear and warm sound with almost no shredder. If you wan't to give it a shot, i got my trial at http://www.anytune.us/anytune-mac/

Also saw an announcement on Facebook that I soon will be able to use it with my AirTurn pedal...can't wait grin

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,223
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission