2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
56 members (accordeur, Carey, AlkansBookcase, brdwyguy, 20/20 Vision, Charles Cohen, 36251, benkeys, bcalvanese, 6 invisible), 1,897 guests, and 281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Guitar Centers across the nation will have to construct special demo rooms to accommodate the vast array of roll top desk DPs debuting at this year's summer NAMM. I feel lucky to be alive right now.

M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
I'm just glad that yamaha may have some future competition in the hybrid department. Competition is never really a bad thing from the consumer point of view.

just wish the roland V-piano would get some good competition. Price is way too high.

Korg D1:AKG K240 MKII:KRK Rokit 6 gen 3 Pair Studio Monitors::Pianoteq Bechstein, Petrof, Grotrian, Steinway B, Steinway D,:Garritan CFX:Ravenscroft:Modern U:Galaxy Vintage D, Galaxy Bluthner Baby Grand,
Acoustics:
KAYSERBURG UH 132 Royal Vertical:
1934 Danemann Upright:
M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
If this product is priced like the nu1, sounds good and marketed properly it will be a good thing.

Unlike the nu1 this gives you a grand piano action vs upright.

A dark mahogany model will look decent too.

Lets hope it makes it to the us.
God knows the physis pianos are taking their jolly good time. Lol

Korg D1:AKG K240 MKII:KRK Rokit 6 gen 3 Pair Studio Monitors::Pianoteq Bechstein, Petrof, Grotrian, Steinway B, Steinway D,:Garritan CFX:Ravenscroft:Modern U:Galaxy Vintage D, Galaxy Bluthner Baby Grand,
Acoustics:
1934 Danemann Upright:
G
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
G
I hate to be negative, but I think we can probably assume it will not be priced competitively. It's hand built in Italy by an exclusive piano maker. When has anything hand built in Italy been cheaper than an equivalent cranked out of a factory in indonesia run by an aggressive Japanese multinational?

1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by gvfarns
I hate to be negative, but I think we can probably assume it will not be priced competitively. It's hand built in Italy by an exclusive piano maker. When has anything hand built in Italy been cheaper than an equivalent cranked out of a factory in indonesia run by an aggressive Japanese multinational?
That rolltop alone probably cost more than an AG

AvantGrand N2 | ES520 | Gallien-Krueger MK & MP
https://soundcloud.com/pete36251
M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by gvfarns

You've got a point

Acoustics:
1934 Danemann Upright:
M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Either way though..It's still competition.. Hopefully Kawai and roland will try one as well.

You never know lol..

Acoustics:
1934 Danemann Upright:
P
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
P
Here is the reply I just received, copied here:

Good Morning Sir,

Thank you for your e-mail and for your interest in our newest product ilPiano.

In Italian “il” means “the” (article). We are not sure yet when ilPiano will be available in the USA and its pricing. If you can tell us the city and state where you live we will pass the info to our US distributor and they will contact you once the info you have requested is available.

Thank you for your attention and for your consideration.

Best Regards,
Paolo Rossi
Servizio Clienti

Extra note:

I went ahead and sent back the info they requested which was "city and state" and added my zip code in the USA.

E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
Originally Posted by dewster
Guitar Centers across the nation will have to construct special demo rooms to accommodate the vast array of roll top desk DPs debuting at this year's summer NAMM. I feel lucky to be alive right now.

Tut. So cynical.

Imagine the burglar's disappointment - he thinks he's found the family bureau - all the cash and interesting stuff will be inside. "Oh crap. It's a sh*tty piano. Just for that I'm going to wreck the place".

P
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
P
Wanted to note that I have no interest in playing or buying the following:

1) AvantGrand(s)
2) Physis Piano
3) ilPiano

Having a "real" authentic grand action in an AG is not enough reason to spend the extra money when other console digitals by Yamaha and Roland are quite sufficient.

The other two models above are Italian-made and I won't buy anything made in Italy.

M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by pv88
Wanted to note that I have no interest in playing or buying the following:

1) AvantGrand(s)
2) Physis Piano
3) ilPiano

Having a "real" authentic grand action in an AG is not enough reason to spend the extra money when other console digitals by Yamaha and Roland are quite sufficient.

The other two models above are Italian-made and I won't buy anything made in Italy.

Italian products can't be all that bad can they?

Acoustics:
1934 Danemann Upright:
J
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
J
Originally Posted by Dave Horne
Worldwide, this is the first and the only electronic piano with the authentic keyboard, action and hammers of a grand piano, all perfectly regulated by hand to offer the perfect musical feeling.

Not exactly accurate.

Yes, it is accurate. Because the avantgrande doesn't have piano hammerheads. This has actual hammer heads. I think Yamaha have probably got it right by not putting expensive felt hammers on an instrument that will never actually use them!

YAMAHA Artist
J
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
J
Originally Posted by pv88
I did a screen capture from one of the pictures in the "Photogallery" and you can see that the roll top cabinet opens to highlight a grand-style action:

http://imgur.com/lN8wmsU

And, another action photo:

http://imgur.com/G6pJoM5

Have also sent a couple of questions to find out what the "il" (lower case "i" and "l") stands for in "ilPiano" and as to if and when it will become available in the US, including pricing.

il is the definite article. Like 'the' in English. So it's called thePiano. I think calling it ilPiano is like making a play on ipad though.....

By the way why won't you buy anything made in Italy?

YAMAHA Artist
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by joe80
Originally Posted by Dave Horne
Worldwide, this is the first and the only electronic piano with the authentic keyboard, action and hammers of a grand piano, all perfectly regulated by hand to offer the perfect musical feeling.

Not exactly accurate.

Yes, it is accurate. Because the avantgrande doesn't have piano hammerheads. This has actual hammer heads. I think Yamaha have probably got it right by not putting expensive felt hammers on an instrument that will never actually use them!

Alpha Piano

GRAND PIANO ACTION
All ALPHA Pianos utilize the full action of a concert grand piano, such as those used in a Bösendorfer 280, Steinway D-274 or Yamaha CF-X. There is no other digital piano in the world that exhibits these properties. The uncompromising striving for perfection is complemented by an original Renner action and genuine felt hammer heads.

http://www.alpha-piano.com/en/alpha-pianos/alpha-piano-description

Yamaha AvantGrand N1X | Roland RD 2000 | Sennheiser HD 598 headphones
F
F
The ilPiano-series is according to their homepage being shown now at Musikmesse 2014.

http://www.schulzepollmann.com/?lang=eng

Is anybody visiting Musikmesse this year?

M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Hi - I checked out the Schulze-Pollmann today at Frankfurt's Musikmesse. Curious instrument. The action is very convincing - feels quite like a serious piano. I was not enthusiastic about the sound. And the looks... well, not like a piano at all, but rather a piece of furniture wink

G
G
Originally Posted by Fripp

Is anybody visiting Musikmesse this year?

I checked it out: embarrasing poorly regulated action. Uneven aftertouch. For me too little aftertouch at all.

There were 2 different models: one standard action without dampers and one WNG action with simulated dampers, i.e. a damper rail with weights on it. Unfortunately it was so bad regulated that the damper pedal did not lift the rail far enough. So, there was no difference between pedal or no pedal.

Gregor

piano tech - tuner - dealer
Münster, Germany
www.weldert.de
M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
I agree about the regulation. But the fact that this thing *can* be regulated is a plus. When I was at their stand, someone was actually turning some screws in the action (perhaps a reaction to your feedback? wink ).

So I guess the status of this thing is: Interesting concept, but far from being mature. And: No competition for the Avant Grands unless some major changes are made. But then the Avant Grands also have a problem: Their sound engine is rather outdated by now.

There is a LOT to say for decoupling the action and the sound engine. Even if you consider console type instruments manufacturers could go for a modular concept....

1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by maurus
But then the Avant Grands also have a problem: Their sound engine is rather outdated by now.
Gee, my N2 still sounds like a piano?

AvantGrand N2 | ES520 | Gallien-Krueger MK & MP
https://soundcloud.com/pete36251
M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Good for you.

However if I were in the market for a Digital Piano with first class action and sound engine to be used with headphones or a PA I would look elsewhere. For silent use even the new Clavinovas might be better (in terms of sound).

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,293
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission