2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
49 members (BillS728, anotherscott, AlkansBookcase, Carey, Dfrankjazz, danno858, CharlesXX, bcalvanese, 8 invisible), 2,066 guests, and 305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Meanwhile, in Indonesia...

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Kawai James

Hmm...I thought that Yeti came from Tibet, whatever, as long as it carries the MP11...

[Linked Image]

I am 'doremi' because I play scales smile
My teacher is 'domisol' because he plays chords shocked
@Marko in Boston

smile

10.000 clowns on a rainy day
D
D
Well, this now relegates me to buying a VPC-1.
Any notion when MF runs the next 20% sale?

db

M
M
"had to drive to a foreign country to find one............"

Ok, I get it now...........I drove to the wrong foreign country (Canada)......looks like I have to go to italy........no wait.........Indonesia........no, no, that's not it.........Tibet.........oh, bother...........do you think that Gershwin, or Cole Porter........or Beethoven........or Chopin had to go through this??

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by doremi

Hmm...I thought that Yeti came from Tibet, whatever, as long as it carries the MP11...

[Linked Image]

This is just getting ridiculous..come on guys. mad

I mean really...Yeti???? that picture is obviously the North American Sasquatch! grin grin grin

M
M
shocked italians, in the MP11 description just copy and paste what yeti says:
Upon talking with your customers, you would need to emphasize following features. 1. Superb Sound Source: (Harmonic Imaging-XL, Max. 256 polyphony, 88 key sampling) No. 1 max polyphony among the competing models of other brands. Also, for the piano sound, each 88 key faithfully reproduces the beautiful tone of the acclaimed Kawai EX concert grand piano. 2. Acclaimed Touch: Grand Feel keyboard action No. 1 pivot length among the competing models of other brands. The length is equivalent to that of grand pianos, which enable a more evenly balanced key touch weight from front to rear, and is particu- larly beneficial when playing complicated chords with fingers positioned towards the back of the key- board. 3. Beautiful Design Ease of use is one of the strong features. Due to the frequent use of Piano and E. Piano sounds, inde- pendent control panels for Piano, E. Piano and Other sounds are arranged, on which users can easily adjust individual sound settings and assign split/zone without the operating manual. Also, stylish & cool design is important factor for some stage piano users. Wooden arms, Grand Piano-like shape, modern font on beautiful polished ebony. The beauty of MP11 completely surpasses the competitors. 4. Variety of sound adjustability for personal setting 129 choices of Effect, 6 types of Reverb with adjustable parameters, Virtual Technician, Enhanced Amp simulator (5 types of amplifier, microphone settings, other adjustable parameters), 4 bands EQ, and other several setting are available for users’ personal sounds, plus 208 setting can be stored. 5. MIDI Control 4 channels Four independently adjustable zones can be used to control external MIDI devises. 6. Assignable 3 pedal Kawai offers an assignable 3 pedal as standard equipment, while competitors offer with a single pedal.
(http://www.borsarionline.it/pianofo...-pianoforte-digitale-da-palco-mp-11.html)

Pianoteq / Kawai CL 35 & MP11 / Old 1920's Upright Zimmerman
M
M
Maybe a friend in Italy would be willing to purchase this and send it to me! However, the price they're asking for ($3267 USD) plus shipping from Italy makes that a costly venture. My only guess as to why they would have this instrument available in other countries and not the US is that they're hoping the sales for VPC1 to go up a bit before releasing the MP11 here.

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
E
E
Didn't Kawai announce the CA65 & 95 at summer Namm 2012?

Any chance of a Nord Piano 3 with improved action and maybe a new look anytime soon? I would think the biggest detraction for most people would be the action followed by the appearance.

M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by Marcos Daniel
shocked italians, in the MP11 description just copy and paste what yeti says:
Upon talking with your customers, you would need to emphasize following features. 1. Superb Sound Source: (Harmonic Imaging-XL, Max. 256 polyphony, 88 key sampling) No. 1 max polyphony among the competing models of other brands. Also, for the piano sound, each 88 key faithfully reproduces the beautiful tone of the acclaimed Kawai EX concert grand piano. 2. Acclaimed Touch: Grand Feel keyboard action No. 1 pivot length among the competing models of other brands. The length is equivalent to that of grand pianos, which enable a more evenly balanced key touch weight from front to rear, and is particu- larly beneficial when playing complicated chords with fingers positioned towards the back of the key- board. 3. Beautiful Design Ease of use is one of the strong features. Due to the frequent use of Piano and E. Piano sounds, inde- pendent control panels for Piano, E. Piano and Other sounds are arranged, on which users can easily adjust individual sound settings and assign split/zone without the operating manual. Also, stylish & cool design is important factor for some stage piano users. Wooden arms, Grand Piano-like shape, modern font on beautiful polished ebony. The beauty of MP11 completely surpasses the competitors. 4. Variety of sound adjustability for personal setting 129 choices of Effect, 6 types of Reverb with adjustable parameters, Virtual Technician, Enhanced Amp simulator (5 types of amplifier, microphone settings, other adjustable parameters), 4 bands EQ, and other several setting are available for users’ personal sounds, plus 208 setting can be stored. 5. MIDI Control 4 channels Four independently adjustable zones can be used to control external MIDI devises. 6. Assignable 3 pedal Kawai offers an assignable 3 pedal as standard equipment, while competitors offer with a single pedal.
(http://www.borsarionline.it/pianofo...-pianoforte-digitale-da-palco-mp-11.html)

[Linked Image]

H
H
I understand that the Italian store only claim that they have it available - nobody actually bought one yet, right? I wouldn't hold my breath then, for many stores "available" means "we are ready to take your money and do our best to obtain the goods".

Ans let's not forget what happened with VPC last year, it was announced in early January, it took some time before it was actually in stores and then frenzy took over, it was sold out instantly and only in some 3/4 year after the announcement was it commonly available on short notice. And MP11 wasn't even officially announced yet. Or maybe Kawai in fact learned their lesson and wait with the announcement until they have enough units ready, who knows.

M
M
However, there are new CP1/CP2/CP3 'Concert Performer' ensemble DPs...

I'd like to hear more about this.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
M
M
Originally Posted by Hookxs
I understand that the Italian store only claim that they have it available - nobody actually bought one yet, right? I wouldn't hold my breath then, for many stores "available" means "we are ready to take your money and do our best to obtain the goods".

Ans let's not forget what happened with VPC last year, it was announced in early January, it took some time before it was actually in stores and then frenzy took over, it was sold out instantly and only in some 3/4 year after the announcement was it commonly available on short notice. And MP11 wasn't even officially announced yet. Or maybe Kawai in fact learned their lesson and wait with the announcement until they have enough units ready, who knows.

Curses!!!
Fooled again Batman!! (Note to self: Dear self, call airline back right away and cancel Tuscan holiday, which would have served the dual purpose of acquiring elusive alleged possibly even mythical DP, and get me out of the deep freeze currently afflicting these parts...)
The CA65 is calling to me.
"Find the one that speaks to you".......that advice sympathetically resonates with me wrt to instrument selection.
That CA65 spoke to me.

H
H
Originally Posted by minstrelman

Curses!!!
Fooled again Batman!! (Note to self: Dear self, call airline back right away and cancel Tuscan holiday, which would have served the dual purpose of acquiring elusive alleged possibly even mythical DP, and get me out of the deep freeze currently afflicting these parts...)
The CA65 is calling to me.
"Find the one that speaks to you".......that advice sympathetically resonates with me wrt to instrument selection.
That CA65 spoke to me.

One can get crazy when DP shopping, am I right;-)

Online Content
Ans let's not forget what happened with VPC last year, it was announced in early January, it took some time before it was actually in stores...

The VPC1 was announced in January, Sweetwater and Kraft began shipping in late Feburary. Few anticipated the overwhelming demand for the VPC1, so it took six months or so for production to catch-up with the mounting back-orders.

Kind regards,
James
x

Online Content
Originally Posted by Morodiene
However, there are new CP1/CP2/CP3 'Concert Performer' ensemble DPs...

I'd like to hear more about this.

I don't have a great deal of information about these new models, however I gather they will update the existing CPxx9 range with the latest keyboard action and sound technology, along with improved features.

Kind regards,
James
x

M
M
Ans let's not forget what happened with VPC last year, it was announced in early January, it took some time before it was actually in stores...

The VPC1 was announced in January, Sweetwater and Kraft began shipping in late Feburary. Few anticipated the overwhelming demand for the VPC1, so it took six months or so for production to catch-up with the mounting back-orders.

Kind regards,
James
x
Even my purchase of the VPC in late December was on back order a couple of weeks from MF. There were a couple of other online stores that were out of stock at the time. I think with this rather niche instrument in this economy production is going to be a bit slower (either that or they were just surprised as how much it was in demand).

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
S
S
Originally Posted by Dr Popper
The MP11 will be sold in the US ...Kawai can be idiotic about a lot of things but they aren't that idiotic. They just aren't announcing it at NAMM. A lot of companies don't bother with NAMM anymore...

I think more and more companies question the value of these big-ass trade shows when they can deliver their marketing messages quite effectively and inexpensively via the web and social media.

But I did notice that Kawai America bought space (a couple of meeting rooms, at least) at NAMM this year. So one assumes they might have announced the MP11 if they'd been ready.

Perhaps their U.S. import licensing was not done in time, or manufacturing is behind schedule?

Regardless, the detective work by @HisKidd and others leaves little doubt of an imminent launch.

Cheers,

B.

Online Content
Morodiene, global sales of the VPC1 have been several times greater than anticipated.

Kind regards,
James
x

Hi guys, I've just made some calls and I can confirm that MP11 is not a Yeti!

www.furcht.it, official Italian Kawai distributor, has one of them on the floor.

Last edited by Qbert; 01/24/14 11:00 AM.

GEM Promega 3 (sold) - Yamaha CLP 170 (sold) - Acuna88 (sold) - Kawai VPC1 + BK7m - Yamaha P125 + VSTi
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,152
Members111,629
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission