2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
42 members (36251, Doug M., Davidnewmind, Dfrankjazz, brdwyguy, busa, benkeys, Burkhard, David Boyce, 6 invisible), 1,092 guests, and 255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#2204383 12/29/13 09:37 AM
N
newbert Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
N
I bought the Piano for All course about a year ago, and have it installed on my laptop computer.

I'd like to install it onto my iPad for convenenience. However, I can't get the embedded videos and audio files to play from the PDF files when installed onto my iPad. (This works fine on the Windows 7 laptop.)

The Piano for All website says that all 36 files (25 folders with audio/video files and 11 PDF files) are designed to work on an iPad, but there are no specific instructions that I can find for proper iPad installation.

On the iPad, I can access all of the PDFs in iBooks, and I can see the embedded links to the audio/video files. However, touching the links doesn't do anything. I can access the audio/video files files in a separate "Piano for all" Playlist in Music on the iPad (and play them from there), but I want to access them from within the appropriate PDF file, like I do on my laptop.

I've e-mailed Robin Hall, but so far have not received a response, so I thought that I'd ask here. Can someone help me out with getting this course properly installed onto an iPad, so that the PDF's and audio/video files are properly linked?

Thanks.

Bert
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
That's not like Robin, the few times I had to contact him he responded quickly. How long has it been since you e-mailed him?

I always preferred to watch the videos seperately, not from within the books, because of the security warning. Maybe you can play around with the settings of Adobe Reader (you do use that one for PDF files on the iPad?) and see if there's an option to block or unblock embedded files.

I never got the audio files as seperate files, only embedded. Maybe I'll e-mail Robin myself, and get a download link for them!

Me on YouTube

Casio PX-5S. Garritan CFX, Production Grand 2 Gold, Concert Grand LE, AcousticSamples C7, some Sampletekks. Pianoteq 8 Std (Blüthner, SteinGraeber, NY/HB Steinway D).

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
2000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
2000 Post Club Member
newbert, you can't start video and audio files from the PDF's on the iPad. There are no links embedded in those files - at least when I bought the series. You have to open the book in one application (I use Goodreader) and the related audio and video files in the Music and Videos apps separately as you move along.

N
newbert Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
N
Originally Posted by TheodorN
That's not like Robin, the few times I had to contact him he responded quickly. How long has it been since you e-mailed him?....

It's only been about a day, and I'm not knocking him for not responding yet. It's just that sometimes I'm an impatient sort, and thought that I might get the answer from others here.

Bert
N
newbert Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
N
Originally Posted by sinophilia
newbert, you can't start video and audio files from the PDF's on the iPad. There are no links embedded in those files - at least when I bought the series. You have to open the book in one application (I use Goodreader) and the related audio and video files in the Music and Videos apps separately as you move along.

That's frustrating to hear because I've seen e-books that had embedded viseo/audio on the iPad. But these are PDFs.....

Opening the PDF in one app, then switching to another to view/hear a file is quite awkward. I'll guess that I'll stick with using my laptop to complete these courses.

Thanks!

Bert
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I assume it's not as convenient to switch between applications on iPads as it is on PCs, desktops and laptops included. I've never owned an iPad, but from the little experience I have from Macs, Apple gadgets are not as user friendly as PCs in this aspect. That's my opinion at least.

That said, you could print the pages you are working on and run the video and audio files from your iPad. Text on paper, video and audio on iPad. All the files have descriptive names (at least the videos) so you ought to be able to locate them fast.

Me on YouTube

Casio PX-5S. Garritan CFX, Production Grand 2 Gold, Concert Grand LE, AcousticSamples C7, some Sampletekks. Pianoteq 8 Std (Blüthner, SteinGraeber, NY/HB Steinway D).
Hi Newbert
I am the author of Pianoforall and was just looking through the forums

I hope I answered your email eventually :-)
If not it may have gone into my spam.

I just wanted to say that the course has been completely updated and the books work perfectly with iPad, iPhone and any Android device - and you get full interactivity on the page same as you get on your PC.

I hope that helps anyone else who reads this post
Robin

Hi Newbert
Got your message and sent you an email
Cheers
Robin

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission