2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
64 members (brennbaer, accordeur, antune, Colin Miles, anotherscott, AndyOnThePiano2, benkeys, 11 invisible), 1,847 guests, and 313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 285 of 540 1 2 283 284 285 286 287 539 540
F

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
F
Originally Posted by FarmGirl
Happy to have access to the forum. I was not able to access for a while today. Happy practice and happy thanksgiving! I have guests this week and will be super busy for non-piano activities.

Sure I will do. I won't miss the chance to play it for my Thanksgiving guests smile. Who cares if they got indigestion. Anyway I'm planning to play the Mazurka I'm working on. It will be a good practice for my local piano club performance opportunity on 12/14. I will play some Christmas music and Japanese Country music called Enka since its a gathering of Expats. Like its American counterparts, they are all sad songs describing love lost and men & women at the end of luck. I have my niece from Japan until 12/8. So she has to endure an hour and 15 min each day having to listen to my practice for piano and violin respectively. My violin is quite bad. I saw my friends trying to conceal a laughter!

E
E
It's amazing what 1 full week of daily practicing could do!

Lots of progress with my Waltz in A minor this week.I've gotten the fingering down, working on improving the dynamics and adding trills now. So excited to be learning my 2nd Chopin =)

Burgmuller Op 100 No 9 is going quite smoothly. It was easy enough to learn in 5 days time on my own, I presented it to my teacher yesterday and got some good feedback. Minor improvement needed on dynamics but otherwise, I'm glad with what I've been able to accomplish with this piece by myself.

I also started learning Cristofori's dream this week and it's kind of cool how several months ago, I found this piece hard to learn cause I was terrible at reading notes. I decided to try again this time around. Reading notes seem to come a little easier now so it's not as frustrating trying to learn a new piece.

And thanks earlofmar for inspiring me to relearn Clementi's Sonatina in C major Op 36. No 1. I learned the first movement several months ago and totally enjoyed playing it. My goal now is to learn the 2nd and 3rd movements to complete the sonatina.

Adult beginner since January 2013. My only regret is that I didn't learn sooner.
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
@wimpiano - Congratulations and welcome to AOTW!

@ElleC - I try to play everyday. Even if it is for 15 minutes only. thumb

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Self-taught since Dec2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."
F

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
F
I realized that I responded to my own post when wanted to respond to Carlos. I'm not myself this week. Too busy.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by sinophilia
Originally Posted by casinitaly
Tonight we have an "Adventure" of the week! - We're going into Milan for a concert.
AND....we'll meet Sinophillia smile

And how cool was that? grin
My beloved Martha, the wonderful Gidon Kremer, Cheryl & Mr. casinitaly all in one night! What a treat!

What a fun evening! I think it's marvellous that some of us from PW are getting to meet in “real life.”

Happy to have access to the forum. I was not able to access for a while today. Happy practice and happy thanksgiving! I have guests this week and will be super busy for non-piano activities.

Sure I will do. I won't miss the chance to play it for my Thanksgiving guests smile. Who cares if they got indigestion. Anyway I'm planning to play the Mazurka I'm working on. It will be a good practice for my local piano club performance opportunity on 12/14. I will play some Christmas music and Japanese Country music called Enka since its a gathering of Expats. Like its American counterparts, they are all sad songs describing love lost and men & women at the end of luck. I have my niece from Japan until 12/8. So she has to endure an hour and 15 min each day having to listen to my practice for piano and violin respectively. My violin is quite bad. I saw my friends trying to conceal a laughter!

Its sounds like you have a very musical Thanksgiving planned, indeed, FarmGirl! You could always turn the tables and request that some of your guests play … If they know enough to laugh at your violin playing, perhaps they should be performing themselves. smile

I’d love to hear some of the Enka music, if you can share a recording.

Originally Posted by ElleC
It's amazing what 1 full week of daily practicing could do!

Lots of progress with my Waltz in A minor this week.I've gotten the fingering down, working on improving the dynamics and adding trills now. So excited to be learning my 2nd Chopin =)

Oh, Elle, I wish I could say the same! I’ve been very bad about practicing this week. And I have so much to do yet to get that same waltz in hand. *sigh* Well. Enough of that. I will take your comments as inspiration and encouragement to put in the necessary bench time. I should know by now that the rewards are great!

So glad to hear about your progress. smile

Deborah
Charles Walter 1500
Happiness is a shiny red piano.
[Linked Image]
W
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
W
@aTallGuyNH, @JimF and @CarlosCC Thanks!
I'll try to post regularly though I'm a bit busy (My daugther was born yesterday wink )

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
That's awesome news, wimpiano! Congrats to you and your (expanding) family! Hope all is well with daughter and mom. smile

Deborah
Charles Walter 1500
Happiness is a shiny red piano.
[Linked Image]
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by wimpiano
I'll try to post regularly though I'm a bit busy (My daugther was born yesterday wink )

Wow, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
I wish all the best for you, and special for your baby thumb

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
E
E
Aww congrats on your new bundle Wimpiano! Exciting times for you and your family indeed.

piano_deb don't get discouraged. It's really hard to put the time in especially with a busy schedule and lord knows we all have "adult" stuff we have to deal with. But what Carlos_CC mentioned before, even 15 minutes can make a big difference. And actually most the times when I practice at night, I usually try to practice only for that long but end up practicing for an hour without even realizing it's already midnight and past my bedtime!

Adult beginner since January 2013. My only regret is that I didn't learn sooner.
Well here's my achievement:

I went on two trips to the hospital because I knew they had a grand piano in the lobby for anyone to play. The first day I was really nervous about practicing in such a large open space in front of strangers such that I played really softly, almost too timid. But never-the-less a woman stopped and watched me when I was actually playing a piece all the way through. She was smiling and approached me and we talked for a moment and she complimented me.

The next day I did the same thing and a woman pushing her elderly relative in a wheel chair also stopped and told me "Keep Playing" it's kind of hard because I was just practicing and reading new stuff, but I guess I could like, keep some songs on loop and play them over and over until they are more natural. Create better endurance.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member

wooohooo, congrats to you and your family!!!

[Linked Image]

Liebestraum 3, Liszt
Standchen-Schubert/Liszt arr
Sonata Pathetique-Adagio LVB
Estonia L190 #7284[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
My achievement...a few more bars of the so called "Moonlight" Sonata 3rd movement! laugh
Turtle speed but it is just so rewarding and can wait to get to my dream of playing it correctly.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by shaolin95
My achievement...a few more bars of the so called "Moonlight" Sonata 3rd movement! laugh
Turtle speed but it is just so rewarding and can wait to get to my dream of playing it correctly.

That is a beautiful achievement indeed shaolin! I wish you well with it- far beyond me even at snail's speed though...

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by EdwardianPiano
Originally Posted by shaolin95

That is a beautiful achievement indeed shaolin! I wish you well with it- far beyond me even at snail's speed though...

Thank you although I wouldnt bet I am that far! smile

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
@Jasper82 - That's wonderful. Playing for strangers is a great step in your confidence. You'll see what I mean.

@shaolin95 - LOL, "Turtle speed" is funny; Don't forget that playing slowly is sooooo important... Keep working, and you will see your dream realized.

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

Congratulations!! All the best to your family! smile

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
My AOTW - Today I received a phone call from the TV producer: Next Thursday I'll meet him, the writer and their TV crew, to talk about the episode they want to do with me.
This is the first step of this new adventure. Wish me luck!

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I had lesson today. I was complaining because I feel I am sooo slow in learning my pieces (ok, maybe I'm trying to work on too many things at the same time), and my teacher asked why I did not consider how much I'm improving. She made my day!

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
My achievement of the week....I woke up with new fingers!

Perhaps it's just turning one year on piano I was given a present, or perhaps its a fantastically difficult Tausig exercise I have been learning but they are not the same fingers I had last week that's for sure.

Surprisingly easy, barely an inconvenience.

Kawai K8 & Kawai Novus NV10

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
CarlosCC - Good Luck! Do you kow what you want to play on the show?

Torquenale - I feel the same way all the time, and sometimes I whine to my teacher about it too. Then, wham, a few weeks go by and it all seems to fall into place. One of the things she has taught me is that if what you are doing in practice doesn't seem to be working....do something different. Well, duh, you'd think I could have figured that out on my own, but that's what we pay teachers for.

Earlofmar - Wow, new fingers? I could use a few. What was the exercise you worked on?

My AOTW: Had a pretty good lesson today. Played the Puccini aria through twice for her, much better the second time, and got a "that was beautiful and the best I've ever heard you play." Then I played a lead sheet tune with a improvised left hand in a jazz waltz pattern. A few weeks ago getting hold of that pattern was completely eluding me, so quite an improvement. I also played my weekly "throw away," which was an arrangement of Bach out of the Faber Christmastime for All book others have talked about. I surprised her (and myself) by being able to pretty much sight read this at a slow but steady tempo. And I have finally got the G minor section of the Mozart in my fingers and can work on the one final remaining section. It is sounding quite musical, and a big improvement on just a few weeks back, so I'm pleased with the progress. Last, I have a new assignment...Fountain in the Rain by William Gillock, which she assures me looks harder than it is...we shall see about that.

Liebestraum 3, Liszt
Standchen-Schubert/Liszt arr
Sonata Pathetique-Adagio LVB
Estonia L190 #7284[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Page 285 of 540 1 2 283 284 285 286 287 539 540

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,223
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission