Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
130 registered (AnD, Almaviva, anamnesis, Alexander Borro, ando, 29 invisible), 2266 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#2183476 - 11/16/13 04:54 PM plevel pianos from France is closing!
Michael_99 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Registered: 07/28/12
Posts: 935
Loc: Canada Alberta


Edited by Michael_99 (11/16/13 04:56 PM)

Top
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#2183515 - 11/16/13 06:17 PM Re: plevel pianos from France is closing! [Re: Michael_99]
EdwardianPiano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Registered: 07/29/11
Posts: 800
Loc: Rainy England
That is so sad. So many good piano firms have gone- Broadwoods is another.
_________________________
https://edwardianpiano.wordpress.com/

Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy.
Ludwig van Beethoven.

Top
#2183609 - 11/16/13 09:14 PM Re: plevel pianos from France is closing! [Re: Michael_99]
earlofmar Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Registered: 03/21/13
Posts: 2993
Loc: Australia
Luckily my local piano maker is doing well, however with prices being as high or if not higher than a Steinway I won't ever be seeing the inside of their sales office

http://www.stuartandsons.com/
_________________________
Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

13x

Top
#2183616 - 11/16/13 09:21 PM Re: plevel pianos from France is closing! [Re: Michael_99]
Polyphonist Online   content
9000 Post Club Member

Registered: 03/03/13
Posts: 9075
Loc: New York City
Yes, I read about it in the Times today. Pleyel was Chopin's preferred instrument.

Whoever wrote that article the OP linked to doesn't know anything about music...
_________________________
Regards,

Polyphonist

Top

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.
Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas


(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Whole step-Half step scale fingering
by Tango
03/28/17 02:48 PM
Any audient id14/22 audio interface users ?
by Alexander Borro
03/28/17 02:20 PM
Baby Grand, Opinions Welcome
by upbeat
03/28/17 02:12 PM
Just bought GHS piano
by Oreki
03/28/17 12:49 PM
Humidifier
by Brian Young
03/28/17 12:19 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
87,159 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,638 Topics
2,610,660 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

 
Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
 
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |


copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission