2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
42 members (36251, Doug M., Davidnewmind, Dfrankjazz, brdwyguy, busa, benkeys, Burkhard, David Boyce, 6 invisible), 1,092 guests, and 255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

Cute fluffy pets. Alas I cannot have any because 1- I am out too much, 2- I am not allowed any in my tenancy agreement, 3- I am allergic to cats and dogs ( but a dog would be my dream pet). However I will have to be content with the worms in my Wormery! And the wild birds in my garden who I feed.

F

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013
2000 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013
2000 Post Club Member
F
Originally Posted by Morodiene
Originally Posted by FarmGirl
Happy Halloween from my doggers
Looks like Pumpkin Dog is taking a bite out of Super Dog then went into hiding. Too bad it's all caught on camera! laugh

You are like a detective. The pumpkin dog (Emma) is jealous of Super dog's (Charlie) new outfit and nipping at him ( just a quick nip to remind him of his station in life). I scolded her and she went into hiding.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
she went into hiding.

Hiya FarmGirl,
Jez tries to go into hiding if I try to put clothes of any sort on her. She will barely tolerate a snappy t-shirt and it's like "gunfight at the OK corral" with costumes or a raincoat. Anything with a hood or hat, ears, etc, well, she just falls over on her side and refuses to move. It's so odd, as if she regards it as punishment or something. BTW your dogs are very stylish. grin

Ragdoll

At first, she only flew when she thought no one was watching.

[Linked Image]
Here's our Charlie.
We adopted him last year.
He is now Two.

[Linked Image]

Falling asleep after a bath.

[Linked Image]

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Lovely pictures, everyone. smile I have a new baby, a young rescue cat from a local shelter that had a fire recently. She's polydactyl, a "Hemingway cat".

Simone

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
This is my kitty, Gwen, who passed on last spring. She enjoyed playing the piano. smile

[Linked Image]Uploaded with ImageShack.com

J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
Elssa, has your new cat shown any aptitude for piano? As a polydactyl, she might be naturally talented.

Carol
(Started playing July 2008)

[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member

Yes, being a polydactyl, she's especially good at playing the polychords. grin wink

S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by Elssa

Yes, being a polydactyl, she's especially good at playing the polychords. grin wink

Good one, Elssa! Congrats on your new baby! Our cat Becky is also a rescue cat we got from a shelter. Her full name is Becky-Boo, but mostly it's Becky when she's sweet and Boo when she's bad. This picture doesn't do her justice but it's the only one I have on my computer.

[Linked Image]

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
She's very pretty! I love tuxedo kitties! smile thumb

S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
Thanks. She's very vocal, too. I swear she tried to imitate me doing my vocal exercises one day. If I could have gotten it on tape, it would have been the cat video to end all cat videos. smile

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
When I moved to Switzerland I had to leave my Dobergirl with my Mom. I miss her terribly, but it worked out well, because she is a great companion for my Mom, and gets Mom out walking several times a day. I am heading to the states to spend Thanksgiving through Christmas with my Mom, and I am looking forward to seeing them both! Here is a picture of "Vanessa" hunting frogs on the pond in Missouri, and a picture with her brother, KJ, on our property in Oregon. He crossed the Rainbow Bridge a few months before we moved to Switzerland. I still miss him! They were both water dogs.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
She sounds very "mewsical". smile We should try to get our kitties together sometime.. would make a great duet! thumb thumb

btb Offline
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Vocal exercises in Switzerland sounds interesting ...

Do they still rush up the grassy slope of the nearest snow-clad mountain
and let the locals share their pent-up frustrations with an
echo-rendition of the “The Sound of Music”?.

Time for me to head for the hills ... or at least take my two dogs
(Labrador and sheep-dog) ... for “walkies” and a good old pavement sniff .

Regards, btb

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by btb
Vocal exercises in Switzerland sounds interesting ...

Do they still rush up the grassy slope of the nearest snow-clad mountain
and let the locals share their pent-up frustrations with an
echo-rendition of the “The Sound of Music”?.

Time for me to head for the hills ... or at least take my two dogs
(Labrador and sheep-dog) ... for “walkies” and a good old pavement sniff .

Regards, btb

No, but there are yodeling contests here. They also play a local instrument called an Alphorn, that is very mournful and melodic. Often in the evening there is a group of Aplhornists practicing on the waterfront in front of our apartment.

S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
Your dogs are lovely, Doris. It's wonderful you are able to make this sacrifice for your mom's health and well being, and it will also serve you, having her healthy so you can make the most of your time left together.

I dreamed about my mom last night. I was trying to get to her out in the country for some celebratory occasion, but the train track stopped and I couldn't reach her. Then she called me and I tried to tell her but realized I might still make it going in the opposite direction. Then we were together and there was a beautiful angelic looking woman helping us get ready. She had done Mom's hair in a very beautiful Grecian style that suited her beauty. She was young and beautiful in the dream.

I woke up glad but then remembered she was no longer around to call which made me teary and I cried a little.

Make the most of your moments with her this holiday. I also lived far away from my mother and wished I'd seen her more.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Starr Keys
...I dreamed about my mom last night. I was trying to get to her out in the country for some celebratory occasion, but the train track stopped and I couldn't reach her. Then she called me and I tried to tell her but realized I might still make it going in the opposite direction. Then we were together and there was a beautiful angelic looking woman helping us get ready. She had done Mom's hair in a very beautiful Grecian style that suited her beauty. She was young and beautiful in the dream.

I woke up glad but then remembered she was no longer around to call which made me teary and I cried a little.

Make the most of your moments with her this holiday. I also lived far away from my mother and wished I'd seen her more.

That it is wonderful dream about your Mother! I am making a point of spending special time with my Mother at this point of her life. She is 84, and in good health, but I certainly do not want to take her for granted. I am looking forward to spending the holiday season with her and making music together!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
My mom is 86 and just had heart valve replacement surgery last week. I'm so lucky to have her.. She's a great music lover and just a great all-around person. heart

S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by SwissMS
Originally Posted by Starr Keys
...I dreamed about my mom last night. I was trying to get to her out in the country for some celebratory occasion, but the train track stopped and I couldn't reach her. Then she called me and I tried to tell her but realized I might still make it going in the opposite direction. Then we were together and there was a beautiful angelic looking woman helping us get ready. She had done Mom's hair in a very beautiful Grecian style that suited her beauty. She was young and beautiful in the dream.

That it is wonderful dream about your Mother!

Thanks smile Many who study dreams and some psychics say that when you talk to someone deceased on the phone in a dream, they are really communicating with you, and I heard her voice so clearly. This is second dream I had like that. The first one was right after I spoke at her memorial. In it she called me to thank me for the gifts I gave her. I asked when she opened them and she said "while you were speaking".

S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
Elssa, I'm glad your mom is doing well. SwissMs I wish you a wonderful holiday with your mom.

My mom was 84 when she died early this year. You are both lucky to still have them with you during the holidays.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission