2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
55 members (1200s, 36251, benkeys, 20/20 Vision, anotherscott, bcalvanese, Brendan, 1957, 10 invisible), 1,771 guests, and 328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2165006 10/11/13 07:06 PM
OP Offline
Just wanted to comment on how much I love it! It's just the best out there in my opinion. I have a hard time putting it into words but the keys have some sort of give to them almost flexible, yet solid. I feel like other key beds are too stationary and although may seem more solid they are not as realistic IMO. Just wanted to share!

Kawai acoustic piano
Casio PX-350
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Dammit! A guy can only put off going to the showroom for so long; that report from you is enticing, seductive almost . . .What did you play before the Casio?

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Thanks for sharing this, jazzyclassical. It's always nice to hear when someone is happy with his piano.

I got the PX-5S recently, and I like it very much. I can't compare it to many other digitals, as I haven't played many. I had a Yamaha P85 before, but the Casio has much better action and dynamics. Not to mention loads of extra voices/tones that you can even edit and adapt to your own wishes.

Me on YouTube

Casio PX-5S. Garritan CFX, Production Grand 2 Gold, Concert Grand LE, AcousticSamples C7, some Sampletekks. Pianoteq 8 Std (Blüthner, SteinGraeber, NY/HB Steinway D).
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Yeah the new Casio action is tough to beat. I have a nice acoustic grand and I am very satisfied with the action on the Privia PX-5S. I believe the 350 and 850 share the same action.

M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
+1.

It feels rather similar than the RHII in the Kawais, though the dynamic weight is a little different. Let's see how it stands in the long run and heavy use.
RHII is a bit clicky in the way up, after near a year of use.
Anybody owning a px/Celviano x50 for a long time that can comment on this?

Learning piano from scratch since September, 2012.
Kawai ES7.Kawai K-200
R
R
I've had my Casio PX150 for just about a year now, and some of the keys indeed have started to `click` a little bit. It almost seems like the felt has worn down a bit or shifted, and there's some `stiction` going on.
It's not too bad, but noticeable on sections that are P and below. From what I understand, this is not uncommon with modern actions.
As long as it doesn't get louder than this, I'm OK with it.

Recorded a couple shorter pieces yesterday, and no problem with the action at all. Especially when I wear headphones (Denon AHD-950), the clicking can't be heard wink This is the first piece from Kinderszenen:

http://youtu.be/8ZmzazD0dWA

Casio PX-150
A
A
I think the RHII feels amazing on the Kawai ES7. Almost bought one at the time because of the action. Felt incredible compared to the P155 I had. So, in "my opinion" I believe the RHII feels significantly better than the Casio PX150. However, I really like the action on the PX150 very much. So much that I am about to purchase the PX150 as a cheap second piano for travelling (or maybe the PX350) before the Columbus Day sale is over at Guitar Center.

My question, is the action and keyboard the exact same on the PX150, PX350, and PX5S?

Ash

G
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by Ashley2013
My question, is the action and keyboard the exact same on the PX150, PX350, and PX5S?

Yes, they all use the same “Tri-sensor Scaled Hammer Action Keyboard II.”

C
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
C
My question, is the action and keyboard the exact same on the PX150, PX350, and PX5S? . . .

That's what Mike Martin says, I think, and nobody here has suggested differently.

. Charles

. Charles
---------------------------
PX-350 / Roland Gaia / Pianoteq
Good work!

"[Linked Image]"
Theodore, does that PX5S possess a 16 track recorder?

"[Linked Image]"
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Peterws, the maximum number of tracks is eight, according to the manual.

Me on YouTube

Casio PX-5S. Garritan CFX, Production Grand 2 Gold, Concert Grand LE, AcousticSamples C7, some Sampletekks. Pianoteq 8 Std (Blüthner, SteinGraeber, NY/HB Steinway D).
S
S
Originally Posted by Radian
I've had my Casio PX150 for just about a year now, and some of the keys indeed have started to `click` a little bit. It almost seems like the felt has worn down a bit or shifted, and there's some `stiction` going on.
It's not too bad, but noticeable on sections that are P and below. From what I understand, this is not uncommon with modern actions.

Recorded a couple shorter pieces yesterday, and no problem with the action at all. Especially when I wear headphones (Denon AHD-950), the clicking can't be heard wink This is the first piece from Kinderszenen:

Same old Casio junk. Not surprised. The main reason I bought a Yamaha is not that they have great quality but because its better than the rest. Sadly, quality is never discussed seriously on this forum.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by peterws
Theodore, does that PX5S possess a 16 track recorder?

Originally Posted by TheodorN
Peterws, the maximum number of tracks is eight, according to the manual.

It's not a sequencer / recorder in the traditional sense. This is more of a performance oriented machine and less of a workstation. Peter, I think the PX-350 would be a better fit for you based on what I know from all your posts... Now if you wanted to get into sound design and computer based multitracking that would be a different story...

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Must confess I'm not entirely sure what a track is and what is the purpose of it, but the manual mentions eight track in the chapter on recording.

I thought it was possible to record for example some playing with a grand piano voice on one track, save to the inner memory or USB, then record with another voice (on top of the first track,) like guitar, then repeat the process with the tone set to strings, and so on up to eight tones/tracks. Is that not possible with the PX-5S?

Me on YouTube

D
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by StarvingLion
Originally Posted by Radian

Same old Casio junk. Not surprised. The main reason I bought a Yamaha is not that they have great quality but because its better than the rest. Sadly, quality is never discussed seriously on this forum.

funny, my 7-year old Yamaha DGX-620 keys "click".

like the poster said, guess eventually all worn out DP keys "click"... when it starts happening with my newfangled Casio PX-850, I'll warn you... smile

unlocked by keys
wordless poetry sings free
- piano music -
T
T
Originally Posted by Doritos Flavoured

like the poster said, guess eventually all worn out DP keys "click"... when it starts happening with my newfangled Casio PX-850, I'll warn you... smile

Doritos, don't even bother replying to the troll.

And I agree with the original poster (and others), my PX-850 has a fantastic action, which is every bit as good as a Roland or Kawai costing twice as much (IMHO). Casio hit a home run with the new PX-X50 series.

Last edited by Tritium; 10/15/13 02:28 AM.
S
S
Originally Posted by Tritium
Originally Posted by Doritos Flavoured

Doritos, don't even bother replying to the troll.

And I agree with the original poster (and others), my PX-850 has a fantastic action, which is every bit as good as a Roland or Kawai costing 2-1/2 times as much (IMHO). Casio hit a home run with the new PX-X50 series.

And you also made outlandish claims regarding polyphony that have no factual basis. I guess you are referring to the RD700nx and MP10 action being no better than the px-850 plinko toy. Might want to take that up with your buddies around here...

D
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
D
I'm sure it's not better than $3000+ DP actions, but by how much I wouldn't know. But it's a definite improvement over my old DGX, and this line is within its price range.

what I do know is that Roland is very severely overpriced, even their lowend models with toyish actions akin to the DGX... so, I'm glad Casio is providing some much needed competition here.

unlocked by keys
wordless poetry sings free
- piano music -
Originally Posted by TheodorN
Must confess I'm not entirely sure what a track is and what is the purpose of it, but the manual mentions eight track in the chapter on recording.

I thought it was possible to record for example some playing with a grand piano voice on one track, save to the inner memory or USB, then record with another voice (on top of the first track,) like guitar, then repeat the process with the tone set to strings, and so on up to eight tones/tracks. Is that not possible with the PX-5S?

I guess you can record as many tracks (separate instruments) on a USB as you like, rather like playing the seperaye parts in an orchestra; you`d need music to follow that with. But it`s good to do them in parallel and fiddle with them in situ so to speak. 16 tracks sounds good.

"[Linked Image]"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,194
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission