2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
57 members (Adam Reynolds, Carey, brdwyguy, beeboss, Chris B, Cheeeeee, Dalem01, 10 invisible), 1,869 guests, and 291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Nice video Justplay!

Looks like a very nice store, great environment, friendly staff, and a cool owner.

Thanks for posting!

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Nice video Justplay!

Looks like a very nice store, great environment, friendly staff, and a cool owner.

Thanks for posting!

Cheers,
James
x

+1. Doctor Who would be proud!

So would Marvin...

[Linked Image]

(Rick's cool hat)

James
x

J
J
Thanks guys! I have shopped many, many piano stores around our country and there's nothing like Rick's place. I have had friends from other countries come shop Ricks' store and for me and others alike, there's nothing like going to his store!

Every time I'm in Colorado Springs, I stop by just to feel the environment, visit with the staff and Rick if he's not out moving a piano. His store is the most welcoming piano store, I have ever been in. As a matter of fact when I had a friend from Australia here, we went to Rick's store, and also visited the two other piano stores in the Denver area.

My friend is a bit eccentric and it was obvious we weren't buying, but Rick chatted with him, made him feel welcomed, but when we visited two of the Denver stores, the sales people didn't even get out of their chairs to greet us and one, very popular sales guy, came up, shook his hand and the moment he knew we weren't buying, actually just walked away in the middle of a conversation as to say, I have no use for you, gave us the cold shoulder and walked back to sit at his desk.

My friend went back to Australia and has nothing good to say about these two stores. How is it that stores cannot understand that reputation is everything? My Australian buddy travels the world and will make it a point to visit the piano stores. His experience in those stores will be passed on to others as he travels. He will always tell people NOT to go into the two visited piano stores in the Denver area, but he will recommend Rick's store because Rick took the time to make him feel welcomed!

Piano stores are wondering why they're going out of business?? Why are they wondering? Just take a look at how they're treating their customers. Reputation, in a small world like this, is EVERYTHING! And it's only a matter of time before it catches up to you!

If I'm made to feel that I have to be in my best dressed, and play the piano like an artist, in order to get respect in your store,I'd rather walk away. If you make me feel welcomed, with no pressure to buy, and you share the same passion for music and pianos, I'll come back time after time, tell the world about your store, send everyone your way, and possibly buy a piano from you, because it's that kind of hospitality that will bring me, and many others, back every time!

Just my opinion!

Last edited by Justplay; 03/25/13 10:41 AM.
D
DBill Offline OP
OP Offline
D
To Rick and friends:
Looks like I may have missed something. The current store front looks much more inviting in the video vs. the Google street view. It would probably help to add a link to the video on the home page of your website. http://rpianos.com/ (I recognized a brief excerpt from Rachmaninoff’s C# Minor Prelude at 1:05 in the video. It’s one of the pieces I’m working on.) Live and learn.

To Kawai James:
The CN34 is working like a charm. It looks, sounds, and feels like a real piano. If anything, the low notes sound fuller than what I remember from 35 years ago. This is probably normal as I used to play a baby grand, and I use the default full grand on the CN34.

To other senior citizens taking up the piano again: (I’m 74 and starting in again after a 35-year lapse.)
You are going to have short term memory problems. For example:
1) If you look down at where your hands are on the keyboard, you will forget where you were in the sheet music.
2) You will forget what key you are playing in. You will have some “interesting” combinations of sharps and flats that are not in your printed sheet music. (And vice versa.)
3) If you practice a few bars in some piece and then start to practice some other section, it only takes about 5 seconds to forget everything you learned in the first section. In particular, after you practice which finger is supposed to play which key, it only takes a few seconds to forget everything.

The good news:
The short term memory problems described above seem to be “fixable”. The human brain seems to rejuvenate at least some of its short term memory ability if you “encourage” it to do so. It seems to take more time to learn something new, but an hour or two of practicing most days is making a difference.

J
J
Thank you Bill for pointing out the impression you got when you first seen the store on Google. It was because of this that I did the video for Rick. He is currently revamping his website to include the video or a video link for reference.

It's never too late, so when you're in the Springs, go by and check out his store!

Thanks again!

F
F
Lovely video Justplay - really makes me wish I could shop for my piano there. Unfortunately the 4700 miles distance makes it a bit inconvenient for me, so I'll just watch the video again instead smile

M
M
I realize this is long after your post but I live in Colorado Springs and am looking at upgrading my spinet to a baby grand. I've checked out a few places in the area, Denver, Littleton, Englewood and here.
I went into Rick's Piano Warehouse, again a little skeptical because of the outside of the store although this place had been recommended by a few people who bought pianos from this store as well as an independent technician.
We were really impressed when we went in. The staff were all knowledgeable, helpful, not pushy and had a decent area in the back where they were servicing pianos. Prices were quite competitive, and selection was excellent. We especially liked the free delivery, set up and 3 complimentary tunings that come after.
I'm still shopping around but will probably do business at Piano Warehouse. Just came out of the store after being in there for at least two hours trying out pianos with a really good feeling. I don't think I will be ripped off and feel they will sell me a nice piano at a reasonable price with great service.
No I don't work for Rick at Piano Warehouse, just one of the places I've been looking.

Mar23, great story - thanks for posting!

James
x

M
M
Actually I have a question on Kawai Pianos. I was back to Rick's today and played some more pianos. I am really liking the Kawai GM10. They have a beautiful new one as well as a 2005. Both are nice. Just deciding which I should get. Any recommendations. I've been told we're not supposed to discuss price. I didn't think the 2005 was significantly cheaper but am torn between the two.
Thanks for any input

Mar23, may I recommend that you post your query in the Acoustic Piano section of this forum? I expect you will receive more feedback over there.

Kind regards,
James
x

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,302
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission