2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
50 members (Bruce Sato, APianistHasNoName, BillS728, bcalvanese, anotherscott, AlkansBookcase, Carey, CharlesXX, 10 invisible), 1,784 guests, and 302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
OP Offline
M
Hi there, I am a long time lurker in this forum. I have also posted my question in reply to another members thread, so forgive me for doubling up, and posting a new thread. i didnt see my question coming up in the forum listing. Just a little background on my question. I have returned to piano playing after almost a ten year break and I am hoping to sit a trinity diploma in June 2014. I have chronic tendinitis, but I still manage to play for 3-5 hours a day, with stretching and using a glycerine tinitrate cream.

We have an upright old KAWI, which I totally adore, it's a yucky brown piano scratches and has taken a good beating during its lifetime as a school piano. The action on it is really good for me and without it I don't think I could play for the length of time I need. We also have a Yamaha CLP 130, which is a nightmare to play on. We live in an apt, so having a good digital really would help me as I could practise in silence.

We went piano shopping and I have found two models that I am seriously considering, the Roland LX-15 and the Kawai CA95. I really like both pianos, and there is a sale with 21% off that ends tomorrow. I really like the Roland, and I gave it a good going over the shop yesterday for almost an hour. The man in the shop was really great and he showed me the touch setting and I found that turning it down to 22% was the touch setting that was best for me. I also have to admit that it looks like a beautiful piano! Which is a bit of a seller for me. The kawai is wonderful from a touch perspective, it is also cheaper by $15000! I know that I am paying extra for looks, but it is nice. I just don't want to make a mistake, it's a lifetime buy, and as all of you know digitals have an almost next to nothing resale value.

Can anyone add their two cents to this, would love to know what you think. Thanks Jen

Last edited by Mrs Rabbit; 09/27/13 05:47 PM.

Platinum Supporter until October 5 2014
7000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until October 5 2014
7000 Post Club Member
Jen,

Quite honestly, you would get more detailed information and opinions if you posted this in the Digital Forum.

This forum focuses on acoustic pianos, rather than digital keyboards.

Good Luck!

Marty in Minnesota

It's much easier to bash a Steinway than it is to play one.
M
OP Offline
M
Thanks Marty, I didn't know there was one!
Best Jen

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Mrs Rabbit
...it looks like a beautiful piano! Which is a bit of a seller for me. The kawai is wonderful from a touch perspective, it is also cheaper by $15000! I know that I am paying extra for looks, but it is nice....
I wasn't sure if it was a difference in currencies or a typo...$15,000 difference? $1,500?

+1 for the LX-15 for sound and looks (depending on price confused smile ), but you'll find owners of both in the digital forum next door.

You can repost or it is easy to request the moderator move this thread.

Good luck in your search!

Sam Bennett
PianoWorks - Atlanta Piano Dealer
Bösendorfer, Estonia, Seiler, Grotrian, Hailun
Pre-Owned: Yamaha, Kawai, Steinway & other fine pianos
Full Restoration Shop
www.PianoWorks.com
www.youtube.com/PianoWorksAtlanta
M
OP Offline
M
Hi Sam thanks for your reply. I was indeed a typo!
Jen

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,159
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission