2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
Who's Online Now
40 members (crooow, clothearednincompo, anotherscott, Colin Miles, Damyan, ejlamas, Beowulf, 12 invisible), 477 guests, and 481 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Pet Peeves!
WinsomeAllegretto #2152534 09/17/13 08:41 PM
A
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by WinsomeAllegretto
One of my musical pet peeves is the ending of the 1812 overture.

?

If so, you probably find the whole piece tedious.

Back at uni we used to crank that piece up to full volume at parties, usually after consumption of festive substances. Recording of choice was always Colin Davis/BSO with full chorus and organ. Guaranteed to wake the dead... then to add a slightly operatic 'liturgical touch', the Dies irae from the Verdi Requiem.

Jason
TheAccompanist #2152538 09/17/13 08:44 PM
Thought of another one: Soft pedals on uprights that do nothing.

1999 Petrof 125-111 (upright)
Casio Privia PX-330

Currently working on:
Chopin Etude op 25 #2 and op 10 #5
Schubert Op 90 #2, #3
Playing by ear and "filling out" pop tunes
Minnesota Marty #2152554 09/17/13 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by Minnesota Marty
My pet peeves?

- When a show on NPR will review a piece of junk with two chords, repetitious redundancy with a non-singer "singer" without any concept of intonation or diction, and declare it to be "innovative," "masterful" and "cutting edge."

- That Garrison Keillor thinks he can sing.

I'm with you on the Garrison Keillor thing, but I'm curious as to which NPR music reviews in particular you found off the mark. I ask, since "piece of junk with two chords, repetitious redundancy with a non-singer "singer"" describes a good chunk of my CD collection- and I like it very much.

1999 Petrof 125-111 (upright)
Casio Privia PX-330

Currently working on:
Chopin Etude op 25 #2 and op 10 #5
Schubert Op 90 #2, #3
Playing by ear and "filling out" pop tunes
argerichfan #2152576 09/17/13 09:35 PM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by argerichfan
Originally Posted by WinsomeAllegretto
One of my musical pet peeves is the ending of the 1812 overture.

?

If so, you probably find the whole piece tedious.

Back at uni we used to crank that piece up to full volume at parties, usually after consumption of festive substances. Recording of choice was always Colin Davis/BSO with full chorus and organ. Guaranteed to wake the dead... then to add a slightly operatic 'liturgical touch', the Dies irae from the Verdi Requiem.

That sounds so jolly. But yes, I'm not extraordinarily fond of the 1812 overture. I especially can't handle the ending because it goes one way too long. It doesn't take eons of alternating 5-1, ages of pounding out the 1 in various registers, long held out tonics, then multiple fanfares and dun-dun-dun-duns to have an adequate ending to a piece ha

TheAccompanist #2152585 09/17/13 09:46 PM
F
FSO Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
F
It's cruel to domesticate peeves; they should be as free as birds...the ones that aren't in cages...okay, ants....no wait...bees, spiders...language...no no, I suppose we do imprison everything we can, ho hum...um....human nature is one of my great annoyances. Mozart, also, usually frustrates me. Intolerance; prejudice and even unequal repugnance is fine...it is acting negatively upon those impulses that strikes me as so....unnecessary. Um...the sacrifice of articulation or precision in favour of clarity or efficiency (counter-respectively). When people perform music they do not feel (sorry, but this obviously applies to the vast majority of musicians, I'd say, most of the time)...um....when someone asks "is this Bach/Beethoven/Mozart?" whenever they hear a piece of Classical/classical music, obviously neither knowing nor caring if it is or is not...I've taken to asking "is this The Ramones?" on occasion...pfft, why not? laugh I'm sure they're very good if I bothered to get to know them too laugh Um...when someone looks down upon another is one of my greatest peeves, wild or otherwise. The vile corruption that has spread through one of my favourite words [ironic] that now, for no easily apparent reason, means that people feel at liberty to class *anything* as ironic, be it such or not. I see it on this very forum every few days, at the least, and on American television programmes...oh it's rife! I mean...it's not even a trans-Atlantic difference..it...the great abandon it holds over the very context it's used in demonstrates that either instance A or B cannot be using it correctly, yet magically it's allowed....I mean, um, all the time, it's fine, people haven't a clue what it means..."it's hard to define" I hear as an excuse...it's *not* hard to define, it's very easy to define, you just....argh! Zeugmatography is a reasonably difficult word to *explain*, but to define it's a piece of pi...cake....just...people will "call you out" on whether or not you know some words, like, like, like, for instance I once said that what someone was wearing was a tad obstreperous and, yes, literally you could argue I was being needlessly expressionistic, but such is my wont, leave me alone! grin But irony? No, it's fine, keep using the sodding word, um, nobody cares anyway....*sniffle*..... *That's* probably the largest of my peeves. It.......it was such a good word......now it's just.....I fear I can't continue on that subject without slipping into profane metaphor regarding its unwilling promiscuity. *So* the adulteration of the word "even" which has also become commonplace irks me a tad...I mean, for instance: "are you going to go to the shops then?" "No, I'm not even going".......! What....do people genuinely believe the function of the word "even" to be some kind of bridge between their inane and invariably inordinately urbane utterances? Is it even me? I tell you, I'm not even being ironic.....even is used, when not to mean of equal proportion, to indicate, in conjunction with negative inflection (both literal and, usually, with regard to intonation), that the questioned, implied or otherwise assumed state of affairs is incorrect by not only the instance but *also* a margin: "You'll meet me by the bins outside Lidl at four O'clock, right?" "No, sorry, I'm so busy I won't even get there for five O'clock".........also, when people are proud of flags. Or their country...or themselves, really laugh But that's just my pessimistic envy, of course.....*cough* >.>
Xxx

Sometimes, we all just need to be shown a little kindness <3
Old Man #2152607 09/17/13 10:16 PM
D
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by Old Man
Originally Posted by Damon
Originally Posted by Old Man
[
Are you sure about this, gooddog? Personally, I cringe at "none is". Example: "None of the attendees are music lovers" sounds better to me than "None of the attendees is music lovers".

I think your example is wrong. Shouldn't it be "None of the attendees is a music lover"?

If you read back, you'll see that your example was the same as Bruce's, and I agreed. If you rephrase it to maintain "singularity" (yikes!), it works. My point was that if you maintain the plural, I think "none are" is acceptable.

Yes but my point was that there is no point in maintaining the plural. Mine, and Bruce's example still speak for all in attendance. smile

TheAccompanist #2152613 09/17/13 10:23 PM

Platinum Supporter until October 5 2014
7000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until October 5 2014
7000 Post Club Member
Well Brad, then you have every right to be peeved at my preference in music. I'm a multi-chordal type of guy and modulation trips my trigger.

grin

Marty in Minnesota

It's much easier to bash a Steinway than it is to play one.
FSO #2152622 09/17/13 10:31 PM
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by FSO
It's cruel to domesticate peeves; they should be as free as birds...the ones that aren't in cages...okay, ants....no wait...bees, spiders...language...no no, I suppose we do imprison everything we can, ho hum...um....human nature is one of my great annoyances. Mozart, also, usually frustrates me. Intolerance; prejudice and even unequal repugnance is fine...it is acting negatively upon those impulses that strikes me as so....unnecessary. Um...the sacrifice of articulation or precision in favour of clarity or efficiency (counter-respectively). When people perform music they do not feel (sorry, but this obviously applies to the vast majority of musicians, I'd say, most of the time)...um....when someone asks "is this Bach/Beethoven/Mozart?" whenever they hear a piece of Classical/classical music, obviously neither knowing nor caring if it is or is not...I've taken to asking "is this The Ramones?" on occasion...pfft, why not? laugh I'm sure they're very good if I bothered to get to know them too laugh Um...when someone looks down upon another is one of my greatest peeves, wild or otherwise. The vile corruption that has spread through one of my favourite words [ironic] that now, for no easily apparent reason, means that people feel at liberty to class *anything* as ironic, be it such or not. I see it on this very forum every few days, at the least, and on American television programmes...oh it's rife! I mean...it's not even a trans-Atlantic difference..it...the great abandon it holds over the very context it's used in demonstrates that either instance A or B cannot be using it correctly, yet magically it's allowed....I mean, um, all the time, it's fine, people haven't a clue what it means..."it's hard to define" I hear as an excuse...it's *not* hard to define, it's very easy to define, you just....argh! Zeugmatography is a reasonably difficult word to *explain*, but to define it's a piece of pi...cake....just...people will "call you out" on whether or not you know some words, like, like, like, for instance I once said that what someone was wearing was a tad obstreperous and, yes, literally you could argue I was being needlessly expressionistic, but such is my wont, leave me alone! grin But irony? No, it's fine, keep using the sodding word, um, nobody cares anyway....*sniffle*..... *That's* probably the largest of my peeves. It.......it was such a good word......now it's just.....I fear I can't continue on that subject without slipping into profane metaphor regarding its unwilling promiscuity. *So* the adulteration of the word "even" which has also become commonplace irks me a tad...I mean, for instance: "are you going to go to the shops then?" "No, I'm not even going".......! What....do people genuinely believe the function of the word "even" to be some kind of bridge between their inane and invariably inordinately urbane utterances? Is it even me? I tell you, I'm not even being ironic.....even is used, when not to mean of equal proportion, to indicate, in conjunction with negative inflection (both literal and, usually, with regard to intonation), that the questioned, implied or otherwise assumed state of affairs is incorrect by not only the instance but *also* a margin: "You'll meet me by the bins outside Lidl at four O'clock, right?" "No, sorry, I'm so busy I won't even get there for five O'clock".........also, when people are proud of flags. Or their country...or themselves, really laugh But that's just my pessimistic envy, of course.....*cough* >.>
Xxx

After reading this, I am so light-hearted and light-headed from laughing so hard that I have set all of my peeves free. If they love me, they will return. I hope they do not.

I may not be fast,
but at least I'm slow.
TheAccompanist #2152679 09/18/13 12:04 AM
M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
iMou354, I have read your post, here:

subject: Pet Peeves!

Yes, I understand there are other threads discussing these but they are a couple years old. So here is a list of my pet peeves as a pianist, piano teacher and accompanist... Would love to hear everyone elses too! Might make me feel a bit more sane... smile ha

1. People who don't open grand pianos correctly- example, just lift the entire lid without folding the front half back first, or placing the lid prop in the wrong prop cup
(Photo taken from http://relativekeys.blogspot.com.au/2011/09/technical-tuesday-piano-lid-props.html) or even worse, when they do both...
(Photo taken from http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/art...Down-Under.html)

2. People who think someone playing the accompaniment to a pop song is "AMAZING"
3. People who poke fun at another pianist because "they don't play with emotion" because last time I checked its not a competition as to who feels a piece more than another person... Its even more irritating when the pianist they are poking fun at is more advanced than them.
4. People who claim boring and repitive "New Age" music is "So amazing"- Yes, some of it is kind of pretty for... 10 seconds, then its just too repetitive. But if this music floats your boat... then... alright...
5. When singers click their fingers at me, clap at me, point at me and conduct me in a rehearsal or an audition. IF YOU WANT ME TO PLAY FASTER, SING FASTER, IF YOU WANT ME TO PLAY SLOWER, SING SLOWER. That or actually specify the correct tempo you want.
6. When students tell me they have practised but I very well can tell they have not! But I just smile and continue on with the lesson smile
7. Airconditioners that conveniently skim across the top corner of a page whilst I am playing for a singer or instrumentalist... one time I literally blew a page back when I was playing Like To The Damask Rose! thumb
8. People who insult a persons choice in musical instrument or choice in brand of piano.
9. Students who forget to bring their music to their lesson... It happens mostly when a student comes straight after school for their lesson.
10. Having to accompany pop music. yawn
11. When my advanced female students show up to competitions or recitals in heels. Especially after I tell them not to! How are you meant to regulate exactly what the pedal is doing in heels!? After all, it is illegal in some places to even drive in heels!
12. Sustain pedals that are clearly worn out... well this particular Yamaha C5 I play regularly.
13. Sustain pedals that feel clunky.

Some of these just make me look like a sour person, but trust me, I'm not! aha smile I just have OCD and little things sometimes get to me, but I just smile and carry on! smile Except for the grand piano lid thing... One time at a concert I got up in the intermission, fixed the incorrectly placed lid prop and sat back down in my seat... good decision, I could enjoy the rest of the concert without being sidetracked by the incorrectly placed Lid prop. I know, how pernickety! Haha!

So I am interested to hear all your pet peeves! smile If I have forgotten any, I'll add them later!

__________________________________________________________________________________________

iMou354, thank you very much for your great post and healthy thread.

I don't have any pet peeves because I have low standards (laughing, and laughing some more)

I am a beginner piano player of 2 years. I started off learning to play a 30 year old very dusty Clavinova CLP-50 digital piano. I played that for one year and fell madly and crazy in love with playing the piano but realized that there was something missing and went looking for a 3 legged acoustic piano. I played a sax in an adult community concert band so I knew there were student models of instruments but I didn't know to how find a student quality 3 legged acoustic piano. I searched the web for such infomation and found a website in Australia that posted that you should go to a piano store and ask if they have or can found you a piano that is a 10 years old 3 legged piano that has good action, but may have a high end or a low end that is weak in sound but will be good to use to learn to play the piano. I went to a local piano store and asked the sales person if they had or could find me such a 3 legged piano - but I also added it is okay if the piano had lots of cigarette burns and/or lots of bullet holes because I figured that that kind of piano that was maybe in a night club would be cheaper because it looked bad and would sell for less but was otherwise a good piano.

The sales person said they sometimes get such pianos but they are rare but to go to craig's list and I said no, I have dealt with your store for 30 years - that is where I bought my CLP-50 Clavinova and said I trusted the store and would be pleased to give you a finder's fee or pay you approperiate fees and I am not going to go to any other store. So the sales person said okay and understood.

I left the store and after about a month I got curious about how a 3 legged acoustic piano would feel like and sound like. So I went to a different store and asked them if they would please let me play a 3 legged acoustic piano to see how it sounds like and feels like as a beginner piano player. I said I only need to play the piano for 10 minutes and I want to buy that kind of piano but I only have 8,000 cash saved but over the next few years I hope to save a total of 10,000 for such a used piano.

The sales person showed me/let me play these pianos and I hated all of them because of the action - as a beginner piano player, I didn't care about the piano sound because what would I know or my ears know about good sound after only playing 1 year without enough money to pay for a teacher. After about half an hour I asked the saleman if I could play one of "those" and he said yes. Those - I was referring to were 3 legged pianos all Yamahas - beyond that I did not know anything them except they were Yams and all 3 legged. Well, I took out my beginner piano book 1 of Leila Fletcher piano course 1 of 50 little beginner pieces that I had been playing for a year over and over so I knew them well and I started playing those and I just love the piano and knew I had to have one. So I thanked him for his kindness and left the store.

Within a day or two I raced to the store that I had asked them to find a piano for me because now I was desperate to see if they had any information on finding me a piano. When I got to the store, they said that salesperson was no longer with the company and could they help me. So I told them what I was looking for and the sale person said somebody bought a new piano upright because they were moving into a condo or apartment and didn't have room for the baby grand piano Yamaha C and wanted to sell it. They told me it was 10 years old in excellent condition and had only been played by their 15 year old daughter and had been tuned every year. I thought it would be too expensive for me because that was way more piano than what I was looking for. I knew nothing but I knew that a Yam C was awesome. The salesperson told me the price and I said sorry, I don't have that kind of money and left the store. I walked around the block and remembered I was told by the doctors I almost died of cancer and the next day I had turn-around and I am still alive, so I quickly ran back to store and said I would buy it because a chance of such a piano would be one in a million years and so I knew I wouldn't live that long and said I would buy it because I had some money from my mother's estate and I was saving it for my old age and I was already 62 so it was best to spend it on something I would like.

So I knew nothing and still don't know anything about the piano except I always wash my hands before I touch the piano and I only play the piano with the lid/top wide open at the top and I live in shack so nobody can hear me. But I didn't know about the folding front or whatever it is called until your post. You see, as a beginner piano player, I need the music stand and when the lid is up it restricts the foreward movement of the music stand so I always put the lid/top folded back, but you say that is a no no - so why should the folded front not be folded back and what do people who need to use the music stand do about that problem. Help me, please. The piano sounds beautiful and is a gift of a lifeitme. The people gave me a beautiful cloth piano cover and so I keep the piano closed and covered at all times except when I play the piano. Rich people often cover their couches etc. from the sun so they don't get bleached from the sun - so do people always keep the curtains drawn where the piano is or what? I do, but then I always have to have a light on to read the music. I want to crack the curtains open to let a little light in to read the music but I am afraid that letting light in is bad for the piano in some way. Any pictures posted to Piano World never ever show windows indicating daylight so feedback is much appreciated. Thank you.
3S2617LG

Saranoya #2152682 09/18/13 12:05 AM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Saranoya
Opus_Maximus, are you seriously saying that you have (a) student(s) who think it's possible to learn to play the piano on an iPad?

That's ... weird!

Yes. tired

Opus_Maximus #2152740 09/18/13 02:18 AM
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Opus_Maximus
Students who live in gated community mansions, the inside reminiscent of Versailles, willing to pay weekly for piano lessons, yet never upgrading for a 50, unweighted keyboard. Or worse, an iPad.

You teach a kid playing on an iPad?????

Private Piano Teacher and MTAC Member
Michael_99 #2152771 09/18/13 05:15 AM
T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by Michael_99

So I knew nothing and still don't know anything about the piano except I always wash my hands before I touch the piano and I only play the piano with the lid/top wide open at the top and I live in shack so nobody can hear me. But I didn't know about the folding front or whatever it is called until your post. You see, as a beginner piano player, I need the music stand and when the lid is up it restricts the foreward movement of the music stand so I always put the lid/top folded back, but you say that is a no no - so why should the folded front not be folded back and what do people who need to use the music stand do about that problem. Help me, please. The piano sounds beautiful and is a gift of a lifeitme. The people gave me a beautiful cloth piano cover and so I keep the piano closed and covered at all times except when I play the piano. Rich people often cover their couches etc. from the sun so they don't get bleached from the sun - so do people always keep the curtains drawn where the piano is or what? I do, but then I always have to have a light on to read the music. I want to crack the curtains open to let a little light in to read the music but I am afraid that letting light in is bad for the piano in some way. Any pictures posted to Piano World never ever show windows indicating daylight so feedback is much appreciated. Thank you.
3S2617LG

Hi! Sorry, maybe you miss read what I said? On a grand piano, you SHOULD fold back the front half of the lid before you lift the entire lid up. You can see what I mean in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXAO9l5WVd0.
But another point I made is when people place the lid prop in the wrong prop cup. You must make sure the big prop goes in the inside cup (cup closest to the middle). This picture shows the mistake, and where the lid prop should be placed. [Linked Image]
So, really, when you want to open your grand piano right up, you must first fold the front half of the lid back, then open the entire lid, otherwise the lid on your piano could fall down or damage your piano.

If you open your piano up like this picture below, you have done it wrong as that front part of the lid should not be down like that.
[Linked Image]

It should look like this:
[Linked Image]

I hope that helps.

Also, about the sunlight, as long as the sun is not directly beating down on your piano through your window, it's fine.

TheAccompanist #2153176 09/18/13 04:18 PM
M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Thanks, iMou354, for your response.

When you want to open your grand piano right up, you must first fold the front half of the lid back, then open the entire lid, otherwise the lid on your piano could fall down or damage your piano, yes, that is what I do.

Also, about the sunlight, as long as the sun is not directly beating down on your piano through your indirect light in during the day

yes, thanks. I just need a little indirect light to read the music.

Thank you for your helpful information.

Michael_99 #2153188 09/18/13 04:34 PM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Pet peeves? I got plenty.

About message boards and forums, also this one:
- People who post a wall of text without paragraphs.
- People who quote whole posts and only reply to a tiny part of them.
- People who quote posts that quote posts that quote posts that quote posts...

About music:
- People who divide music between "serious" and "entertaining" music; especially when they call "serious" music "real" music.
- People who divide music between "good" and "bad" music, using only one criteria to do so.

There are probably more, but this will do for now.

My grand piano is a Yamaha C2 SG.
My other Yamaha is an XMAX 300.
Michael_99 #2153279 09/18/13 06:17 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by Michael_99

Thank you for your helpful information.

No worries smile

On another note, another pet peeve of mine is playing virtuostic pieces (my current favourite to play is Volodos's Turkish March) on pianos with a light action! Anyone else have this peeve? Its like... there is no satisfaction? For example, when I play loud thunderous chords, I want to have a heavy action I can really dig into but it just doesn't have the same feeling on a light action... Am I making any sense? haha!

Teacher, Accompanist, Arranger, Performer.
TheAccompanist #2153280 09/18/13 06:19 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Also, I hate playing old pianos where the ivory has gone really chalky and brittle feeling. Blugh!

Teacher, Accompanist, Arranger, Performer.
gooddog #2153360 09/18/13 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by gooddog
"of the attendees" is a prepositional phrase so it does not effect the verb..

Permit me to suggest that "affect" is the verb you should use to mean "change" or "influence." As a verb, "effect" means to put into effect.

It's confusing because the noun "effect" essentially means the result of influence.

"Pedantic, off-topic responses like the one I'm writing now affect the mood of all readers. Their effect is so negative that moderators should effect a policy banning members who post them."

Last edited by jmcintyre; 09/19/13 12:30 PM. Reason: Corrected (increased) level of self-deprecation.

I'd rather be practicing wink
Kawai K-3, Roland FP-7F
Now: Brahms Op. 118, Bach French Suite #5
TheAccompanist #2153493 09/19/13 03:23 AM
D
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
D
^ He's write you no.

Vasa inania multum strepunt.
patH #2153533 09/19/13 06:16 AM
J
jdw Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
Originally Posted by patH

- People who divide music between "good" and "bad" music, using only one criteria to do so.

If we're back to annoying each other with grammatical peeves smile --there's using the plural "criteria" where it should be the singular "criterion."

1989 Baldwin R
TheAccompanist #2153596 09/19/13 08:23 AM
W
wr Offline
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
W
1.) I hate it when composers say to use the una corda pedal but fail to say when to stop using it. And the only way you know they meant for you to stop using it is because they ask for it again, later. So then you have a riddle...it needs to come up before it can go down again, but where??? Sometimes, it's fairly clear where the una corda section can logically end, but not always.

2.) Sometimes a passage is notated in such a way that it makes you mess up reading it correctly, repeatedly - arrrggghhh. I think (I'm not totally sure about this) that it's often because of enharmonic notation which confuses the sense of the harmony. Or sometimes it's because what you see on the page doesn't match what your ears are hearing (in a different way than just the basic harmony - e.g., something sounds to the ear like a scale in thirds, but it is notated as a chain of seconds, thirds, and fourths of various types).

3.) I hate it when measures that contain lots of accidentals are so long that, when reading, I lose track of which notes are affected by what by the end of the measure. Rachmaninoff does this a lot. I've sometimes thought of re-notating some of his pieces (e.g., changing something in 4/4 into twice as many 2/4 measures), just to clarify the accidentals.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Brendan, Kreisler 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
(ad) SWEETWATER Cyber Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Roland LX706 Review
by Colin Miles - 12/04/20 06:41 AM
Best Headphones for Digital Piano - your experience
by lukasz-zsakul - 12/04/20 05:10 AM
Is the Hailun 218 solid spruce?
by Sonepica - 12/04/20 04:55 AM
Schiff talked about Bartók's style of playing
by symphonicdance - 12/04/20 01:46 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics203,254
Posts3,030,353
Members99,467
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2020 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission