2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
64 members (brennbaer, Animisha, Barly, bobrunyan, 1200s, 36251, benkeys, 20/20 Vision, 10 invisible), 1,869 guests, and 332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by JoelW
Originally Posted by Pogorelich.
What?! Do I look over 40 to you??? Hahaha! I'm in my early 20s!

I know you are. I meant everybody else. laugh The only youngins around here that I know are you, me, Debrucey (where'd he go?), and OSK.

Hey watch it, Joel. I'm quite a few years this side of 40! grin

Jason
P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P
Based on the comments in this thread, quite a few people think I'm a jerk. That's fine, I really couldn't care less. To Plover and Co: isn't it a waste of energy to continue posting these things about how I'm so incredibly nasty that you know I don't read and don't care about?

Block me if you want. Go for it. Or don't, and keep wasting your time writing things about how much you hate me. I will continue to post either way.

Regards,

Polyphonist
F
FSO Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
F
Joel; if I strike you as imbued with the antiquated spirit of an old curmudgeon....who's old, then I suppose I've clearly been neglecting my smilies smile Smileys? Hmm...neither seems right frown laugh Um, Polyphonist, you nasty, irredeemable piece of work, bane of society and scourge of civility, I'm on your side. Thought I'd make it clear. Kuan; sorry your performance has taken a side seat. Having listened again..well, again again, um, I recognise now that the majority of my intense appreciation of your interpretation comes from the eventism; the rubato and, probably, the very parts that some others consider unpolished, the inconsistencies, the hesitations like a sputtering candle, that flick back to life with a strongly pronounced sonority, much like the waking moon or a fine utterance of Christopher Walken... laugh Um...it's passion, it's a gentle, unsure, cautious passion that begs to be unbridled but reigns itself in....again, I really like it ^_^
Xxx

Sometimes, we all just need to be shown a little kindness <3
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Originally Posted by Polyphonist
Based on the comments in this thread, quite a few people think I'm a jerk. That's fine, I really couldn't care less. To Plover and Co: isn't it a waste of energy to continue posting these things about how I'm so incredibly nasty that you know I don't read and don't care about?

Block me if you want. Go for it. Or don't, and keep wasting your time writing things about how much you hate me. I will continue to post either way.
Interesting how you can respond to posts you don't read.

I think your attitude must negatively affect your piano playing and it certainly negatively affects your teaching if you do any(that's already been demonstrated in your online "teaching" at PW).

P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by pianoloverus

Interesting how you can respond to posts you don't read.

I think your attitude must negatively affect your piano playing and it certainly negatively affects your teaching if you do any(that's already been demonstrated in your online "teaching" at PW).

From now on I will not be reading these posts, and certainly not replying to them.

As for the rest, I really have no concern about whether a random guy on the Internet thinks I teach/play well or not. You've never seen me do either, just for starters. As for teaching at PW, I don't know what you're talking about.

Regards,

Polyphonist
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by FSO
Joel; if I strike you as imbued with the antiquated spirit of an old curmudgeon....who's old, then I suppose I've clearly been neglecting my smilies

Oops. I forgot about you! I knew you were young. Early twenties?

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by argerichfan
What?! Do I look over 40 to you??? Hahaha! I'm in my early 20s!

I know you are. I meant everybody else. laugh The only youngins around here that I know are you, me, Debrucey (where'd he go?), and OSK.

Hey watch it, Joel. I'm quite a few years this side of 40! grin

frown laugh

F
FSO Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
F

Ha! Forgot about me...I don't believe it for a second wink Ja ja, two and score years...you're less the former?

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by FSO

Ha! Forgot about me...I don't believe it for a second wink Ja ja, two and score years...you're less the former?

I'm half a score plus a quarter score plus the sum of a score divided by four minus two. laugh

F
FSO Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
F
Oh wow...sorry, even...even younger than I thought....now I can't *possibly* take you seriously laugh

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Exactly.

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member

You'd have a bit more credibility if you posted some of your playing wink Maybe people won't attack you so much then..

"The eyes can mislead, the smile can lie, but the shoes always tell the truth."
P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P

You'd have a bit more credibility if you posted some of your playing wink Maybe people won't attack you so much then..

I don't need credibility. Read my posts, or don't, Pogorelich.

Regards,

Polyphonist
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member

Why are you making it an issue of whether or not I read your posts? It's not about that.. It's purely about satisfying my idle curiosity of how you play! smile

Why so secretive? Maybe you're some awesome pianist, and we'll all benefit from hearing you play.

Last edited by Pogorelich.; 09/16/13 03:52 PM.

P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P

Why are you making it an issue of whether or not I read your posts? It's not about that.. It's purely about satisfying my idle curiosity of how you play! smile

Why so secretive? Maybe you're some awesome pianist, and we'll all benefit from hearing you play.

I don't know whether I'd call myself an awesome pianist. By the way, I can't post a recording yet because I haven't figured out how to do it. ha Maybe someday the day will come.

Regards,

Polyphonist
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member

I don't know whether I'd call myself an awesome pianist. By the way, I can't post a recording yet because I haven't figured out how to do it. ha Maybe someday the day will come.

I can teach you!

P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P

I can teach you!

What if I don't want to? grin

Regards,

Polyphonist
P
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
P
I keep confusing our posts because our names look so similar. grin

Regards,

Polyphonist
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Poly, you should record my Gmaj prelude and post it. grin

Online Content

I don't think posting a recording, even if it proved he was world's greatest pianist, would justify many of his posts. It's the tone of his posts, the arrogance and nastiness, that people object to ...not the contents.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,194
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission