2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
49 members (Cheeeeee, Adam Reynolds, Cominut, Burkhard, 1200s, clothearednincompo, akse0435, busa, 36251, 6 invisible), 1,286 guests, and 285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
OP Offline
Hay guys.

One problem with those slab pianos is the removable score holder. While it's OK for holding a book like a method book, has anyone come up with a solution for when you have a lot of pages and haven't memorized a piece and are trying to keep the music going past page two? To be honest these things aren't the best anyway as they need clips built into them to hold a bound book open that's always wanting to close. I don't know why they can't build in ten cent wires or clips of some sort.

Casio CGP 700 and love it. Learning with Alfred's All in One. I have a real live teacher now!
L
L
I copy the pages and hole punch them , thn put it in a loose leaf binder. Works for me!

M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
BillTheSlink, I have read your post, here:

Hay guys.

One problem with those slab pianos is the removable score holder. While it's OK for holding a book like a method book, has anyone come up with a solution for when you have a lot of pages and haven't memorized a piece and are trying to keep the music going past page two? To be honest these things aren't the best anyway as they need clips built into them to hold a bound book open that's always wanting to close. I don't know why they can't build in ten cent wires or clips of some sort.

Currently I am without a piano, but when I get mine back I will be working on "The Complete Piano Player", as well as Neely's "How to Play from a Fake Book. I am spending my time working on theory and learning how to construct chords currently.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

BillTheSlink, there are a lot of things that I love about my two digital pianos the sound and the action. One is a Clavinova that weighs a ton and is 30 years old and the other one is a P95 slab that weighs 26 pounds and it, too, has a great sound and great action. But those digitals are very bad in two very bad ways - height of the keyboards and height of the music stands.

For the keyboards - I have put pieces of wood to get the keyboards the right height.

For the music stand - it was perfect for me because I used to play sax and with a sax I needed a stand for my music so I had a couple of black Manhassets in my garage covered in dirt and grime thinking I had no use for them - but I was wrong. I put them both at middle C and raised them to perfect hight. And to me it is the height of my eyes - so I am 6' - and am old so I am shrinking daily and my eyes are just below the top of my head - you can do the math - because that is the hight that my secondhand 3 legged piano music stand is at and it is an awesome music stand. The funny thing is that there is this piano rule that is to never be broken and that is the rule that you are to only look at your music and not at your hands - but on the digitals the music stands and keyboards are so close to your navel and closer to your hands which you are not supposed to be looking at.

cheers,

6S14DMS

I understand your comments here >>>

Currently I am without a piano, but when I get mine back I will be working on "The Complete Piano Player", as well as Neely's "How to Play from a Fake Book. I am spending my time working on theory and learning how to construct chords currently.

I have been playing 2 years and for the first time since, I haven't played the piano for 30 days because I had health issues that prevented me from fixing my leaking roof in the kitchen since 2008 and I couldn't clean up the yard or the shack because when I played scales - I would get too weak - just joking -- actually, as I said some health issues but just in the last 30 days I have had enough energy to fix the roof and clean up stuff and only tonight I was reviewing my pieces and trying to keep the wrong notes to a low level. I would run my fingers - across the high end of the piano about an octave almost every day because it was a great sound to my ears in the morning - like you would pet a cat if you had one - looking after me is a fulltime job and I don't necessarily do a very good job of it so it would be unfair to have any animal under my care - so I don't have any animals.

Last edited by Michael_99; 09/14/13 11:13 PM.

Silver Supporter until Jan 11 2012
1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
Yes, even my totally cheapo folding music stand (that I use for playing recorders) has wire clips to hold the music open.

Fortunately our household was well supplied with clothes pins, which work excellently for clipping sheet music to my meagre DP music stand (we officially used them for clipping shut half-eaten bags of chips, or half-used bags of pasta).

But eventually I moved up to a set of sheet music clips that resemble clothes pins at the end you pinch, but whose jaws are looooong, and have one side made of clear plexiglass. I think they're made for playing out in the wind, but they're also very useful for taming sheet music with annoying bindings ("perfect binding" my @$$).

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Please step aside. You're standing in your own way.

1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
What is making this page so wide? I can't find any endless URLs...

Please step aside. You're standing in your own way.
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
It may be the length of the title . . .

Concerning piano music stands, make your own. I have a full weidth affair on mine. Picture on "Photos - I`ll show you mine . . . ." It`s easy and fun to do; particularly the paint match . . not!

Last edited by peterws; 09/15/13 12:46 AM.

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
P
P
Originally Posted by tangleweeds
What is making this page so wide? I can't find any endless URLs...

Long string of underscores in Michael_99's post.

I've taped several pages together before placing them on the music stand...

Last edited by peekay; 09/15/13 01:49 AM.

Working on RCM Grade 9
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Another solution is get a sturdy and big music stand and place it behind the digital piano. Most music stands have foldable "sticks" on the top or bottom sides to hold books opened.

Be yourself

R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
I bought an add on music desk for my Roland FP7 and it solved the problem.

Adapt-a-stand

I actually ended up buying the Adapt-a-stand II for it's adjusting feature. I just had to modify it slightly.

I put it on the keyboard with some Velcro and I love it. I don't lay it on the music desk like they suggest for the standard one. I can lay out 6 pages flat and it actually looks good too. The keyboard needs a somewhat flat surface on top to mount it.

I called them before I bought it and they were very helpful with deciding if it would work for me.

Anyway, it solved the problem for me.

Last edited by Roger Ransom; 09/15/13 07:23 AM.

Laugh More
Yamaha G7 - Roland FP7 - Roland FP80
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
R

Silver Supporter until April 24 2014
2000 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until April 24 2014
2000 Post Club Member
R
I have a stand built with wood by the previous owner of my keyboard. It works good.

I also thought about this. I like it.
Music Stand

Ron
Your brain is a sponge. Keep it wet. Mary Gae George
The focus of your personal practice is discipline. Not numbers. Scott Sonnon
[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,185
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission