2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
48 members (AlkansBookcase, CharlesXX, bcalvanese, colinvda, Adam Reynolds, cascadia, ChickenBrother, CrashTest, 7 invisible), 2,166 guests, and 309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 346 of 370 1 2 344 345 346 347 348 369 370
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I don’t find any recording of Richter on the Emperor, but I think he played this concerto. It's strange.

I apologise in advance for my clip, because it has nothing to do with music.

This really made me laugh - (and, though precious, laughter improves through being shared) so I hope you like it.

A

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013
500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
That thing creeps me out!!

More Kempff!

A

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
Ok so I am taking a couple of courses this summer. They end next week and I'm very excited. One has been driving me, and I really think my brain is fried.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Aimee, after watching the last video you posted I'm curious to know the subject of those courses you're taking.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
The first time I met Tanayev's music was when I bought a CD on his string quartets. I loved those works so much that I wondered why this composer was so little popular.

But after listening to this cantata, I should wonder why music history is sometimes so unfair.

T
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
T
I'm loving the Kempf vids.His recordings of the Emperor concerto are my favorite.The Schubert impromptu has inspired me to have another bash at it.He somehow does that to me.I listen to him play and I think 'Oh I see now, it's not difficult at all, it's easy'.Of course it never is.
Here he is playing the Theme and first two variations of Schumann's op13.

Last edited by timmyab; 08/07/13 07:16 AM.
A

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
Well, Recaredo, I'm taking two classes. One is rather easy - it's Information Technology Program Management. That one is pretty easy. I think I might take a certification test for it - need to research it. I've really enjoyed playing with MS Project. I'm even toying with the idea of using it to map out piano practice/song completions.

The KILLER is the C++ class. I don't have much programming experience, and I think I try to learn more than I need to for the tests. Then I get overwhelmed. It doesn't help that you need to be really organized to keep up with it all. I can't remember ever working so hard on anything. I was even dreaming about it. I would spend hours nonstop on it.

Took the final yesterday. I passed. I don't think I got an A or anything, but I survived. Huge weight lifted! I slept like a baby last night!

I have the program management final tomorrow, but that one's pretty simple. So I feel like I'm finished!
So very relieved. I'm taking another class in a few weeks - but it's only one and it's not in the shortened summer session.

Can't wait to listen to the Tanayev. It's crazy thinking about how many writer-of-music go unremembered. I look on IMSLP sometimes, and just wonder how many gems are hiding in there that somehow fell out of favor with the masses over the years.

Also can't wait to hear Kempff playing Schumann, Timmy! I just saw that Deutsche Grammophon released Kempff's collected studio concerto recordings (14 cds) this year, and last year released his collected studio solo recordings (35 cds!). I need to get these!

I love Kempff's interpretations.. not only do I feel as if he "gets" it (especially his Beethoven!), he can play it.

(Oh... halfway through the Tanayev and I'm loving it!)

The chorus of this song has been running though my head since I took my exam yesterday hehehe!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Congrats on those courses, Aimee, they seem useful and can be profitable.

Btw, thanks for those postings on Kempff. When I was much younger I had two vinyls with recordings of Kempff playing some Beethoven's sonatas, but they didn't agree with me very much. However, lately I'm starting to apreciate the art of this pianist.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Lovely, lovely scene from a masterclaas of Vengerov.

A

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
He's so relaxed as he nails that! I love musicians that are so natural that the instrument to them is like another appendage that they can make do whatever they want.

We were listening to NPR on the way to work yesterday and listened to an interview with this very impressive singer, Valerie June. It's been a while since I've heard something outside the box, so I was very excited.
She describes her music as "Organic Moonshine Roots" music. The NPR interview can be found here, if you want to learn more about her:
http://www.npr.org/blogs/therecord/...rning-to-love-perfectly-imperfect-voices

Honestly, I think that voice is just perfect!
This is "Shotgun."

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Excellent little class on Rossini's music.

Joyce Didonato is an awesome singer, but what a smart lady she is as well.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Fascinating production of Don Giovanni in Paris.

Btw I wouldn't like to see anyone missing Miah Persson singing that Don Giovanni.

I just thought you'd like to know (in case you were wondering what had happened to Rossy)that he's fine, but extremely busy and without internet access at the moment. When I saw him a few days back he was asking after things here.

I'm sure he'll be back here if he gets a moment, (and internet access).

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Kids never cease to amaze me. I imagine agents everywhere salivating to get them under contract. The Millennium Falcon in the corner is a nice touch! grin grin

Ragdoll

At first, she only flew when she thought no one was watching.

[Linked Image]

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Dipsy
I just thought you'd like to know (in case you were wondering what had happened to Rossy)that he's fine, but extremely busy and without internet access at the moment. When I saw him a few days back he was asking after things here.

I'm sure he'll be back here if he gets a moment, (and internet access).

I am so glad to hear that Rossy is fine, and will be returning! Dipsy, please give him my regards when you see him.

I've missed everyone here at RST. However, I do stop by often. I just can't participate right now because I'm using that time for my piano studies. I'm pleased to report that I am beginning to see some results. My piano teacher is noticing the progress since I've retired and increased my practice time. After he heard how much progress I'm making with Clair de Lune, he suggested the next big piano challenge for me after I get Clair de Lune under my fingers.

Since I am already listening to this new and challenging piece, I will share it with my friends here at RST. Besides, you'll see why I have much less time for music postings when I'm presented challenges like this! smile

Prelude Op. 3 No. 2 in C# Minor (Rachmaninoff)

Carl

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Griffin, glad to see you're doing well too.

That prelude is a challenging piece without a doubt, but I'm sure you'll do it justice. Have fun learning this marvellous music!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I don't know if this video will last uploaded to Youtube, so it's a big opportunity to see one of the best films on Beethoven's music.

The day that changed music forever. So true. When you have a free hour and a half, please enjoy this marvellous movie.

A

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A

Welcome back, Griffin.. I am glad that retirement suits you! Love the Rachmaninoff - but then I'm a sucker for anything with a boomy bass. I liked reading about the reproduction method of that piece too - amazing that they pulled that recording from an old piano roll. It must feel so good to get to a piece that gratifying.

Glad to hear Rossy is doing okay, and will be back soon. We're beginning to feel neglected wink

Ragdoll, those kids are too cute (and too talented! waaaah!)

I hope I get a chance to watch that, Recaredo.. Eroica seems to be pooping up all over the place for me lately.

I might post something later. Nothing's been incredibly inspiring to me lately.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by AimeeO

I might post something later. Nothing's been incredibly inspiring to me lately.

I've got one.......... lovin' this smile

Hope everyone's well laugh

Recaredo, exellent post, hope I get chance to watch it smile

My love to all on RST <3

Last edited by wayne33yrs; 09/06/13 06:12 AM.
Page 346 of 370 1 2 344 345 346 347 348 369 370

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,152
Members111,629
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission