Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
What's Hot!!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving from our family to our Forums Family!

Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Fall 2017
Who's Online Now
88 registered members (Agent88, AJB, ando, Anonymous4, 25 invisible), 1,833 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2114076 - 07/07/13 04:27 AM Fingering  
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 35
SMT Offline
Full Member
SMT  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 35
Hey Everybody,

Please suggest fingering for this piece of music. (plays with right hand)

[Linked Image]

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#2114085 - 07/07/13 05:18 AM Re: Fingering [Re: SMT]  
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 191
de cajon Offline
Full Member
de cajon  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 191
London, UK
Heck - I'm not even sure what notes to play in the trills!


Yamaha C3X SH
#2114087 - 07/07/13 05:25 AM Re: Fingering [Re: de cajon]  
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 35
SMT Offline
Full Member
SMT  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 35
A&B - G&A - F#&G - Eb&F#

smile

#2114092 - 07/07/13 06:06 AM Re: Fingering [Re: SMT]  
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,159
earlofmar Online content
3000 Post Club Member
earlofmar  Online Content
3000 Post Club Member

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,159
Australia
My attempt would be

2,1,3, - 4,3,2 -3,2,1 - 3,2,1


Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
(ad ) MusicNotes.com
sheet music search
#2114093 - 07/07/13 06:32 AM Re: Fingering [Re: earlofmar]  
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 35
SMT Offline
Full Member
SMT  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 35
earlofmar, thanks
Unfortunately trills with 3rd and 4th fingers are hard for me.

What fingering would you use for the next pieces?

[Linked Image]

#2114097 - 07/07/13 06:56 AM Re: Fingering [Re: SMT]  
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,159
earlofmar Online content
3000 Post Club Member
earlofmar  Online Content
3000 Post Club Member

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,159
Australia
SMT I a currently doing some Hanon exercises to build up my fingers for trilling, I believe exercises 9, 10 and 11 are good for this

http://www.hanon-online.com/the-virtuoso-pianist/

For these pieces you could try these fingerings

3,2,1 - 5,4,3 - 4,3,1 -3,2,1
4,3,2 – 3,1,2 – 3,2,1 - 3,2,1


Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
#2114430 - 07/07/13 11:38 PM Re: Fingering [Re: earlofmar]  
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 35
SMT Offline
Full Member
SMT  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 35
Originally Posted by earlofmar
For these pieces you could try these fingerings

3,2,1 - 5,4,3 - 4,3,1 -3,2,1
4,3,2 – 3,1,2 – 3,2,1 - 3,2,1


I think you forgot the Trills! grin

#2115907 - 07/10/13 11:35 PM Re: Fingering [Re: SMT]  
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 35
SMT Offline
Full Member
SMT  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 35
Hey Guys,

What fingering do you suggest for this left hand part??
[Linked Image]

Thanks in advance

#2115934 - 07/11/13 01:21 AM Re: Fingering [Re: SMT]  
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 5,446
Derulux Offline
5000 Post Club Member
Derulux  Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 5,446
Philadelphia
You've got a few easier options:

521 212 521 212 | 521 212
553 212 553 212 | 553 212

If you've got huge hands, you can give this a try:

542 121 542 121 | 532 121

I really don't recommend it, though! laugh


Every day we are afforded a new chance. The problem with life is not that you run out of chances. In the end, what you run out of are days.
#2115965 - 07/11/13 04:05 AM Re: Fingering [Re: Derulux]  
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 35
SMT Offline
Full Member
SMT  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 35
Thanks! Derulux

What fingers do you use to play F# and the chord block B.D#.F# ?

#2116095 - 07/11/13 10:46 AM Re: Fingering [Re: SMT]  
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 5,446
Derulux Offline
5000 Post Club Member
Derulux  Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 5,446
Philadelphia
No problem. smile

5 on the F#. You can use 123, 124, 135 on the chord.. whatever's comfortable.


Every day we are afforded a new chance. The problem with life is not that you run out of chances. In the end, what you run out of are days.
#2116298 - 07/11/13 06:26 PM Re: Fingering [Re: Derulux]  
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,206
rnaple Offline

Silver Supporter until April 24 2014
rnaple  Offline

Silver Supporter until April 24 2014


Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,206
Rocky Mountains
Originally Posted by Derulux
No problem. smile... You can use ..... whatever's comfortable.


I just checked with my teacher today. It depends far more on what you play before and after as to what you choose for the fingering.


Ron
Your brain is a sponge. Keep it wet. Mary Gae George
The focus of your personal practice is discipline. Not numbers. Scott Sonnon
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
#2116315 - 07/11/13 07:10 PM Re: Fingering [Re: rnaple]  
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 5,446
Derulux Offline
5000 Post Club Member
Derulux  Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 5,446
Philadelphia
Originally Posted by rnaple
Originally Posted by Derulux
No problem. smile... You can use ..... whatever's comfortable.


I just checked with my teacher today. It depends far more on what you play before and after as to what you choose for the fingering.

Except in this case, it's a pretty standard fingering no matter what comes next (and nothing actually comes "next"). wink

Last edited by Derulux; 07/11/13 07:35 PM.

Every day we are afforded a new chance. The problem with life is not that you run out of chances. In the end, what you run out of are days.

Moderated by  BB Player, casinitaly 

Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.


Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
Pearl River & Ritmuller
Pearl River Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas


New Topics - Multiple Forums
VST discount this Thanksgiving 2017
by TonyDIGITAL. 11/23/17 02:58 PM
Grand Piano Placement in Room
by Anonymous4. 11/23/17 12:39 PM
Grand Piano Placement in Room
by Anonymous4. 11/23/17 09:59 AM
How To Play Havana On Piano
by elijahMG. 11/23/17 08:20 AM
Wavesfactory - MERCURY PIANO (Fazioli F-228 Grand)
by Max_Forte. 11/23/17 06:43 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics182,905
Posts2,673,792
Members89,176
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Click Here to
Explore The Rest of Piano World!!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers


 
Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
 
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |


copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0