Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!


SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Virtual Sheet Music
Download Sheet Music Instantly
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Sheet Music...
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
Who's Online Now
121 registered members (AJB, ajames, adamjh, anotherscott, BachToTheFuture, 32 invisible), 2,162 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2114076 - 07/07/13 05:27 AM Fingering  
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 35
SMT Offline
Full Member
SMT  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 35
Hey Everybody,

Please suggest fingering for this piece of music. (plays with right hand)

[Linked Image]

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#2114085 - 07/07/13 06:18 AM Re: Fingering [Re: SMT]  
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 191
de cajon Offline
Full Member
de cajon  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 191
London, UK
Heck - I'm not even sure what notes to play in the trills!


Yamaha C3X SH
#2114087 - 07/07/13 06:25 AM Re: Fingering [Re: de cajon]  
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 35
SMT Offline
Full Member
SMT  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 35
A&B - G&A - F#&G - Eb&F#

smile

#2114092 - 07/07/13 07:06 AM Re: Fingering [Re: SMT]  
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,084
earlofmar Offline
3000 Post Club Member
earlofmar  Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,084
Australia
My attempt would be

2,1,3, - 4,3,2 -3,2,1 - 3,2,1


Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
(ad ) MusicNotes.com
sheet music search
#2114093 - 07/07/13 07:32 AM Re: Fingering [Re: earlofmar]  
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 35
SMT Offline
Full Member
SMT  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 35
earlofmar, thanks
Unfortunately trills with 3rd and 4th fingers are hard for me.

What fingering would you use for the next pieces?

[Linked Image]

#2114097 - 07/07/13 07:56 AM Re: Fingering [Re: SMT]  
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,084
earlofmar Offline
3000 Post Club Member
earlofmar  Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,084
Australia
SMT I a currently doing some Hanon exercises to build up my fingers for trilling, I believe exercises 9, 10 and 11 are good for this

http://www.hanon-online.com/the-virtuoso-pianist/

For these pieces you could try these fingerings

3,2,1 - 5,4,3 - 4,3,1 -3,2,1
4,3,2 – 3,1,2 – 3,2,1 - 3,2,1


Problems with piano are 90% psychological, the other 10% is in your head.

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
#2114430 - 07/08/13 12:38 AM Re: Fingering [Re: earlofmar]  
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 35
SMT Offline
Full Member
SMT  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 35
Originally Posted by earlofmar
For these pieces you could try these fingerings

3,2,1 - 5,4,3 - 4,3,1 -3,2,1
4,3,2 – 3,1,2 – 3,2,1 - 3,2,1


I think you forgot the Trills! grin

#2115907 - 07/11/13 12:35 AM Re: Fingering [Re: SMT]  
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 35
SMT Offline
Full Member
SMT  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 35
Hey Guys,

What fingering do you suggest for this left hand part??
[Linked Image]

Thanks in advance

#2115934 - 07/11/13 02:21 AM Re: Fingering [Re: SMT]  
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 5,446
Derulux Offline
5000 Post Club Member
Derulux  Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 5,446
Philadelphia
You've got a few easier options:

521 212 521 212 | 521 212
553 212 553 212 | 553 212

If you've got huge hands, you can give this a try:

542 121 542 121 | 532 121

I really don't recommend it, though! laugh


Every day we are afforded a new chance. The problem with life is not that you run out of chances. In the end, what you run out of are days.
#2115965 - 07/11/13 05:05 AM Re: Fingering [Re: Derulux]  
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 35
SMT Offline
Full Member
SMT  Offline
Full Member

Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 35
Thanks! Derulux

What fingers do you use to play F# and the chord block B.D#.F# ?

#2116095 - 07/11/13 11:46 AM Re: Fingering [Re: SMT]  
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 5,446
Derulux Offline
5000 Post Club Member
Derulux  Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 5,446
Philadelphia
No problem. smile

5 on the F#. You can use 123, 124, 135 on the chord.. whatever's comfortable.


Every day we are afforded a new chance. The problem with life is not that you run out of chances. In the end, what you run out of are days.
#2116298 - 07/11/13 07:26 PM Re: Fingering [Re: Derulux]  
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,199
rnaple Offline

Silver Supporter until April 24 2014
rnaple  Offline

Silver Supporter until April 24 2014


Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,199
Rocky Mountains
Originally Posted by Derulux
No problem. smile... You can use ..... whatever's comfortable.


I just checked with my teacher today. It depends far more on what you play before and after as to what you choose for the fingering.


Ron
Your brain is a sponge. Keep it wet. Mary Gae George
The focus of your personal practice is discipline. Not numbers. Scott Sonnon
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
#2116315 - 07/11/13 08:10 PM Re: Fingering [Re: rnaple]  
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 5,446
Derulux Offline
5000 Post Club Member
Derulux  Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 5,446
Philadelphia
Originally Posted by rnaple
Originally Posted by Derulux
No problem. smile... You can use ..... whatever's comfortable.


I just checked with my teacher today. It depends far more on what you play before and after as to what you choose for the fingering.

Except in this case, it's a pretty standard fingering no matter what comes next (and nothing actually comes "next"). wink

Last edited by Derulux; 07/11/13 08:35 PM.

Every day we are afforded a new chance. The problem with life is not that you run out of chances. In the end, what you run out of are days.

Moderated by  BB Player, casinitaly 

Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.


Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas


(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
What's Hot!!
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Henle editions on sale...
by dogperson. 06/28/17 01:57 PM
What happened to the Fozioli black-key thread?
by Rickster. 06/28/17 01:16 PM
Key Bushings
by J Logan Blewett. 06/28/17 12:43 PM
3 staves, why not just 2?
by keyboardisproblem. 06/28/17 12:30 PM
The 3 Keys to Learning Piano as an Adult
by Zach Evans. 06/28/17 12:10 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics180,502
Posts2,639,811
Members88,215
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Check It Out!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers


 
Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
 
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |


copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0