2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
51 members (7sheji, bcalvanese, Aylin, Barly, brdwyguy, accordeur, 36251, Bostonmoores, 20/20 Vision, Adam Reynolds, 5 invisible), 1,351 guests, and 318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
OP Offline
P
During my recent visit to a local Kawai dealer in Montreal, Canada, the salesman seemed very eager to push a demo CA65 that's about 6 months on display. He asked for $3000+tax in the beginning,300 dollars cheaper than a brand new model, and a few days after, called me and lowered the price to $2800+tax. I saw no visible scratches or anything wrong with the demo but wonder why are they interested in getting rid of this demo so eagerly. As far as I know, the CA65 is a relatively new model, which puzzles me even more on the salesman's motive. Please chime in.

D
dmd Offline
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
If you like the CA65 piano, offer him $2000+tax (Cash).

He might take it.

He apparently is motivated to sell it.

Don

Kawai MP7SE, On Stage KS7350 keyboard stand, KRK Classic 5 powered monitors, SennHeiser HD 559 Headphones
S
S
if he still offers full warranty then i dont see why not

Kawai CA65
J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
Because you get people going into shops who play FFFFFF on the keys, kiddies who pretty much slam the keys, my own casio has only been used by me too, and the amount of hair, skin and nails I hoover out the gap at the front is quite a bit.

Plus ivory keytops are supposed to absorb sweat and grime from 1000s of fingers, who knows what is on it? (there is a stat that most nuts on bar tops have traces of urine and faeces).

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
At $3000 it's no bargain. You can buy it new for that price, and likely for even less. So why pay that much for used equipment?

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by dmd
If you like the CA65 piano, offer him $2000+tax (Cash).

He might take it.

He apparently is motivated to sell it.

Yeah but his eagerness makes me suspicious there might be something wrong with it. Because I don't really know much about this trade, I thought I'd ask here.

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by shinegamix
if he still offers full warranty then i dont see why not

5 years warranty.

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by MacMacMac
At $3000 it's no bargain. You can buy it new for that price, and likely for even less. So why pay that much for used equipment?

Apparently here in Canada, prices are higher. The asking price for a brand new CA65 is $3300+tax.

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by justpin
Because you get people going into shops who play FFFFFF on the keys, kiddies who pretty much slam the keys, my own casio has only been used by me too, and the amount of hair, skin and nails I hoover out the gap at the front is quite a bit.

Plus ivory keytops are supposed to absorb sweat and grime from 1000s of fingers, who knows what is on it? (there is a stat that most nuts on bar tops have traces of urine and faeces).

That makes total sense. But I still think since the showroom needs a demo for CA65 anyway, why are they so eager to sell this one.

Yes, that's the asking price. But who would pay that?
Originally Posted by Pierrerion

Apparently here in Canada, prices are higher. The asking price for a brand new CA65 is $3300+tax.

T
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
T
It sounds like a good deal. Test it thoroughly for speaker distortion at high volume levels (test the electric pianos and organs too on this). Test all the keys for rattles or erratic wobbles. Check the interface as far as possible (although this would be difficult to do exhaustively). I would take a friend who is also knowledgeable about DPs if possible, too. And headphones.

If it is OK mechanically and electronically and regarding the software, then it's probably worth getting. Never mind a few fingernails and hairs. You get those everywhere. You can always clean the keys if you're worried about faeces and urine.....unlike peanuts, you're not going to eat them, anyway.

Roland HP 302 / Samson Graphite 49 / Akai EWI

Reaper / Native Instruments K9 ult / ESQL MOR2 Symph Orchestra & Choirs / Lucato & Parravicini , trumpets & saxes / Garritan CFX lite / Production Voices C7 & Steinway D compact

Focusrite Saffire 24 / W7, i7 4770, 16GB / MXL V67g / Yamaha HS7s / HD598
That makes total sense. But I still think since the showroom needs a demo for CA65 anyway, why are they so eager to sell this one.

Possibly just to rotate the stock? Or to replace it with a CA95 (assuming there isn't one already on the shop floor).

James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
P
OP Offline
P
Yes, that's the asking price. But who would pay that?

I asked the salesman if he can give a better price for a brand new unit, he told me 3300+tax is the best he can do. What do you advise me do?

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by Kawai James

Possibly just to rotate the stock? Or to replace it with a CA95 (assuming there isn't one already on the shop floor).

James
x

Thank you James.

P
OP Offline
P
I'll make a second visit and do exactly that. Thank you!

D
dmd Offline
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
I asked the salesman if he can give a better price for a brand new unit, he told me 3300+tax is the best he can do. What do you advise me do?

If you like the CA65 piano, offer him $2500+tax (Cash), then just forget about it.

I would not buy a demo unless I was getting really significant deal on it. I don't happen to feel that $2800 is a low enough price, for me.

Good Luck

Last edited by dmd; 06/27/13 06:45 AM.

Don

Kawai MP7SE, On Stage KS7350 keyboard stand, KRK Classic 5 powered monitors, SennHeiser HD 559 Headphones
J
JFP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
Originally Posted by Kawai James

James
x

Nothing they know about coming NAMM show that we don't know about is there ?? (trrrrrrrr, ram pam pam ...drums). Serious: why not simply ask him ? If you don't like the answer or it makes you very suspicious , don't buy it. But it could also be they have a very simple and understandable reason to ditch the demo CA, which has nothing to do with the status or quality of the instrument itself.

"I would not buy a demo unless I was getting really significant deal on it. "

In my local shop what you see is what you buy. The world and his wife could`ve played that. But if you play it and like it, it`s on your doorstep straight out of the shop! No flat packs here!

And the shop gets a new `un in.

Last edited by peterws; 06/27/13 12:06 PM.

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by dmd

If you like the CA65 piano, offer him $2500+tax (Cash), then just forget about it.

I would not buy a demo unless I was getting really significant deal on it. I don't happen to feel that $2800 is a low enough price, for me.

Good Luck

Offer 2500+tax on a new one or the demo?

D
dmd Offline
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by dmd

Good Luck

Offer 2500+tax on a new one or the demo?

The demo.

Well, you can try on a new one ... LOL ...

Don

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,189
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission