2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
58 members (20/20 Vision, 36251, anotherscott, bcalvanese, 1957, beeboss, 7sheji, Aylin, Barly, 9 invisible), 1,447 guests, and 303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
P
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
P
Yes, I thought by bringing his attention to it, he might go back and find your post and the answer. Who knows. (I now see I cross-posted with you up above also and didn't spot it... too many posts flying at once and I got confused. I did see your post about FAbC, I just didn't register that I had cross-posted with it.)

Bold color underline might do the trick for Tyler.

Last edited by PianoStudent88; 06/25/13 04:50 PM.

Piano Career Academy - Ilinca Vartic teaches the Russian school of piano playing
Musical-U - guidance for increasing musicality
Theta Music Trainer - fun ear training games
T
OP Offline
T
nope, nothing, I wrote the notes in, I hve terrible memory very bad

P
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
P
Ok. Do you see the answer to your question now? Three different people have answered it.

Thanks for changing the picture into a link and fixing the page size back to normal.

Piano Career Academy - Ilinca Vartic teaches the Russian school of piano playing
T
OP Offline
T
oh mn... im the laughing stock of all piano world, I see the right answer now... this is depressing!

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Tyler.... not at all. This is where beginners should ask their questions.

If you are self-teaching, you may want to spend some time on learning the notes of the grand staff. A book like Alfred Adult all in one or any of the other beginner method books will have it all laid out in an easy to learn step-by-step manner.

It really will only take you a few short weeks of daily practice to memorize the basic notes and then you will have a lifetime of being able to know which notes are which. On your computer or a smartphone there are many free apps that will help teach the basics of notereading.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Liebestraum 3, Liszt
Standchen-Schubert/Liszt arr
Sonata Pathetique-Adagio LVB
Estonia L190 #7284[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
T
OP Offline
T
now that I got tht own, I nee help with omething else, I wil upload pic t once im hving trouble with abc on the next pic http://www.pianoworld.com/Uploads/files/IMG_0050.JPG EDIT: s you can see, I nee hep with cba, is it even right? If so , the fingerings eem off, and and when I o placemy finger where it says, I en up in a very uncomfortable position!

Last edited by Tyler Tomko; 06/25/13 06:03 PM.
T
OP Offline
T
any help?

D
dmd Offline
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
Well, the ABC that I see on your picture should be labeled ... CBflatC or C Bb C.

Tyler: You may wish to rethink your method of trying to learn to play piano. You should be able to find a complete beginner course book at your local music store and begin at page 1 and go through it very carefully and slowly, making sure you understand each page before going on to the next page. Then you will be successful.

Continuing like this is likely to get too frustrating for you and you may not continue.

Good Luck

Don

Kawai MP7SE, On Stage KS7350 keyboard stand, KRK Classic 5 powered monitors, SennHeiser HD 559 Headphones
P
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
P
Tyler, in the ABC measure you have a mistake. Well, two. It's Bb, not B. And the bottom note is not A.

In the next measure, which you have labelled DFC, that also has a mistake. Or perhaps two mistakes, depending how one counts the mistakes.

We could go through correcting your chords measure by measure, but I would like to see you learning more about reading music so you will have these problems happen less frequently, and so that you have more tools to work out problems that might still arise.

That's why I'm pointing out that there is a mistake, but not immediately telling you the correct note. I think you would benefit by learning how to work it out for yourself, so that's going to be where I'm going to put my suggestions. What I'll start out with is not directed towards how to learn to read music, but rather leading towards some suggestions to help you identify notes and note names, which is a different thing.

So first of all, how are you currently going about identifying the letter names of notes to write them in?

P
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by dmd
Well, the ABC that I see on your picture should be labeled ... CBflatC or C Bb C.

No. This is wrong. The bottom note is not C. (Nor is it A, as you correctly point out.)

I agree with your suggestion for Tyler to go in a completely different direction for learning to play the piano rather than his current approach.

T
OP Offline
T
I understand that, I just want to get past this piece really bad, then will u guys have time to explain a little bt on notereading? please, I just need to finish my piece, my music teacher at school told me to for extra credit, I got a b in his class, but I want to surprise him

T
OP Offline
T
ugh, cn you please tell me the note, please, im sking you, please, I gotta get this piece done, its my first priority.

T
OP Offline
T
another thing, I dont read books, that's not me, I hate books

P
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
P
Tyler, what is the music class? Is it private lessons or a group class? What kinds of things have been taught in class?

What is the extra-credit assignment? To be able to play this piece? Does your teacher know that you don't read music?

T
OP Offline
T
yes, he knows I cant red music, it group class nd im tired of (no offense to anyone but I ut want to know the daggoned note for the love of Christ) please you reduced me to begging, im only 15 yr old

T
OP Offline
T
im orry, im just so friggin frustrated right now and I don't know what the heck to do.

T
OP Offline
T
any suggestions?

P
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
P
Tyler, how did you find the notes that you wrote in? Guess? Sort of remember the lines and spaces? Count up from the bottom? Something else?

What time is it where you are? I'm guessing England or Europe because you're so tired.

I know you're tired, and it's frustrating, and you think if someone would just tell you the note name all would be well, but I'm opposed to just giving you homework answers without trying to pass on a little bit of musical understanding, so that's the approach I take. If you'll try to let go of the frustration and answer my questions, that will help me to figure out what I can say to help you to figure out the answer yourself, with guidance as needed.

Did you look at the link to Google search results about identifying notes on the bass clef? Was that any help to you? Or was the information confusing or not helpful in some way?

Last edited by PianoStudent88; 06/25/13 07:21 PM.

T
OP Offline
T
hey, wht that suppoed to mean??? im in perry hall Maryland just please tell me, ig otta know I just gotta! cmon~PLEASE! he said use the internet if you don't know the notes! I swear! please, u gotta help man, cmon! desperate!!! l right ok! ill try to ue google but till, please help!

Last edited by Tyler Tomko; 06/25/13 07:39 PM.
T
OP Offline
T
no, EBbC?

Last edited by Tyler Tomko; 06/25/13 07:51 PM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,194
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission