2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
42 members (1200s, clothearednincompo, FredrikNilsen, busa, Doug M., 36251, Davidnewmind, Dfrankjazz, brdwyguy, 6 invisible), 1,147 guests, and 257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Thank you for your comments. I'm like a jojo, now I'm leaning towards the Privia series, since the P155 is a child of it's time as some have mentioned. That would cut my cost down 300 Euros and give me a more modern piano with more options.

Me on YouTube

Casio PX-5S. Garritan CFX, Production Grand 2 Gold, Concert Grand LE, AcousticSamples C7, some Sampletekks. Pianoteq 8 Std (Blüthner, SteinGraeber, NY/HB Steinway D).
R

Silver Supporter until April 24 2014
2000 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until April 24 2014
2000 Post Club Member
R
TheodorN.... I hope you didn't think I was rude not answering. I'll post on here. Then go to work.
I also hope you understand that I thought this discussion needed waking up. That's what I tried to do. It appears I was successful.

Personally....If I were you. This should be a good upgrade. Don't worry so much about a deal, or saving. Just look for fair price. Because the good ones won't be put on sale. They don't need to.
In fact. Just order an ES7 and thank us all later. smile

On the Privia's... I might be looking at a PX-5. ???? Pretty handy, portable, quality keyboard. But as you can see, I'm a little in love with Kawai. smile

EDIT I almost forgot! .... EDIT: Oh...Hello James?! About that Godzilla Metronome... Can the R&D boys make sure it won't chase my cats? My robotic vacuum cleaner is already all they can handle.

Last edited by rnaple; 06/21/13 05:29 PM.

Ron
Your brain is a sponge. Keep it wet. Mary Gae George
The focus of your personal practice is discipline. Not numbers. Scott Sonnon
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
Go VST with your P85? then you have Yamaha feel but better sounds for about 200Euros.

2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
No rnaple, I didn´t think you were rude. I understand that people have to work and can't sit all day reading Piano World (sometimes I feel I do too much of it myself, even though I'm not working.) I sometimes leave my own discussion threads, even when there are lively discussions going on, simply because I have nothing more to say. The intention is not being rude.

The ES7 gets so much praise that I might take your advice. I can order it at emusic.se it seems. The PX-5S is not yet available here (haven't seen it, neither on- nor offline.) Just watched Piano Man Chuck's video on the difference between it and PX-850, and these two don't seem to differ too much.

Regarding the VAT in Sweden, mentioned by justpin, it's even higher in my home country (Iceland) 25,5%. Think we have the world's highest VAT.

I sold my P85, so I can't get a VST with it.

Edit: I second getting Kawaii James's opinion, that is almost a necessity in discussions where Kawaiis are mentioned!

Last edited by TheodorN; 06/22/13 05:59 AM.

Me on YouTube

Casio PX-5S. Garritan CFX, Production Grand 2 Gold, Concert Grand LE, AcousticSamples C7, some Sampletekks. Pianoteq 8 Std (Blüthner, SteinGraeber, NY/HB Steinway D).
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,185
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission